Question about World Rank

ridiculouse2
ridiculouse2 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Its not a big deal since there are no achievements for it, but I do not understand how the world ranking system works. I have 2 characters that have been level 80 and active daily since before the Lycan race was introduced, and they never show up in world level rank. But there are Lycan characters showing up. Am I missing something ?
Post edited by ridiculouse2 on

Comments

• Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It only shows the first few hundred to hit 80 (or whatever the rank you are looking at is)
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Warcrox - Storm Legion
    Warcrox - Storm Legion Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tought it was random. just a random pool of all the lvl 80's. So you're probably on the rankings a few days a year
  • k2iputsi
    k2iputsi Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    level ranks are full but ppl who dont play for like a year (or maybe more) will be removed from there

so from time to time all the ppl in rank will go up a spot

thats when new ppl can get into level rankings

still based on in what order people got lv 80
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's based on the order of who got to 80 first (which at this point is a long time ago). Your name drops off of the rankings if you are inactive for a long period of time, which is what makes it seem like other people are suddenly making it on the rankings.

Also, you didn't get an achievement for it, but the first person in world rank used to have a special title called "Potent." :c For some reason during an unknown patch, the title was removed. I wonder if a GM would be able to say why? D: I liked that title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heimataerd - Illyfue
    Heimataerd - Illyfue Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's based on the order of who got to 80 first (which at this point is a long time ago). Your name drops off of the rankings if you are inactive for a long period of time, which is what makes it seem like other people are suddenly making it on the rankings.

Also, you didn't get an achievement for it, but the first person in world rank used to have a special title called "Potent." :c For some reason during an unknown patch, the title was removed. I wonder if a GM would be able to say why? D: I liked that title.

On Illyfue person who hit 80 first quit and got deleted from ranks long ago. Sad story. Maybe thats the reason title is removed. There can only be one Number One for each server and when the character quits, title goes forever too.
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited June 2013
    On Illyfue person who hit 80 first quit and got deleted from ranks long ago. Sad story. Maybe thats the reason title is removed. There can only be one Number One for each server and when the character quits, title goes forever too.

I understand that, but what I am saying is I was the first to hit 80 on my server and never went inactive. So I've never dropped rank, but the title I originally had for this rank is gone. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL? there was a title for hitting 80 first? wtf

• Drachus - Eyrda
    edited June 2013
    LOL? there was a title for hitting 80 first? wtf

Ye. Just a white title called "Potent," but I liked it cause it was funny D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    k2iputsi wrote: »
    still based on in what order people got lv 80

i still refuse to believe this seeing as how i hit lv80 before my husband did yet he's on the lv80 rankings (and so are other people who hit lv80 after i did) but i am not. i've been playing nearly every day for over a year. gm answer how that happens :mad:
  • pgalt1
    pgalt1 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I think is happening is that as people are removed from the ranking, the people who happen to hit 80 that day get on the ranks. Because there are people ranked for level that hit 80 many months after me.
  • Myllakka - Storm Legion
    Myllakka - Storm Legion Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    i still refuse to believe this seeing as how i hit lv80 before my husband did yet he's on the lv80 rankings (and so are other people who hit lv80 after i did) but i am not.

Same here! Though I quit FW for almost two years, so I guess that's why. I stopped at level 62, came back and hit 80, but no rankings. Meh, it doesn't really matter, but it sucks that they count the inactivity before you even get to 80.
  • CommonFate - Storm Legion
    CommonFate - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is not based off who hits level 80 first. When I was married to my ex ingame, I was level 80 while she was 78 yet I did not show up on the rankings. She was in the 400's after a while when she reached 80 while I still to this day am not on the ranks being level 80 for months. The game selects a few people to go on the ranks and not others. :rolleyes:
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is not based off who hits level 80 first. When I was married to my ex ingame, I was level 80 while she was 78 yet I did not show up on the rankings. She was in the 400's after a while when she reached 80 while I still to this day am not on the ranks being level 80 for months. The game selects a few people to go on the ranks and not others. :rolleyes:

And this is not true, it's based purely who reaches lvl 80 first, I was about 42nd to reach lvl 80 on my server. Now that few people ahead me have quit, I am now 16th :)
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • amarantos
    edited July 2013
    And this is not true, it's based purely who reaches lvl 80 first, I was about 42nd to reach lvl 80 on my server. Now that few people ahead me have quit, I am now 16th :)

which totally explains why people who hit 80 after i did are on the rankings while i am not...........

there has to be some error in the system counting some but not all.

:confused:
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    which totally explains why people who hit 80 after i did are on the rankings while i am not...........

When did you hit 80? I hit 80 during 2011 november I guess and I followed quite closely people who reached 80. Maybe after 500 the system doesn't count same way anymore so it picks quite randomly people who were 80 if some leave the game thus allowing more people on top 500.
  • aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013

2 of my guildies reached 80 about 3 months ago and they're not ranked yet. My mage alt hit 80 around that same time and hes around the 400s. Another guildmate reached 80 a few weeks later and he's ranked before my alt.

I agree, level ranking is messed up. When I hit 80 it seemed to work fine though, not sure when it went wrong.
  • amarantos
    edited July 2013
    When did you hit 80? I hit 80 during 2011 november I guess and I followed quite closely people who reached 80. Maybe after 500 the system doesn't count same way anymore so it picks quite randomly people who were 80 if some leave the game thus allowing more people on top 500.

i play on eyrda server, i hit 80 around august 2012. idk if all 500 ranks were filled at the time though.

my husband hit 80 about a month after i did, and was listed on the ranking at like 460 area, and after checking recently has moved up about 120 ranks or so.

there are several other players listed on the rankings i know were not lv80 when i hit it.

:(
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    i play on eyrda server, i hit 80 around august 2012. idk if all 500 ranks were filled at the time though.

my husband hit 80 about a month after i did, and was listed on the ranking at like 460 area, and after checking recently has moved up about 120 ranks or so.

there are several other players listed on the rankings i know were not lv80 when i hit it.

Very strange indeed. First 500 spots worked, after that it got messed up apparently :|
  • Pearldrop - Eyrda
    Pearldrop - Eyrda Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I never noticed that you weren't on the world rank! :eek: My vamp hit 80 before Kittie and yet Kittie made it to the world ranking but vampy didn't :'(
    <Forever with Herephu>
    Captivated by you like a fireworks show

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Custom made by LycorisKepe (Eyrda)
    Send her a PM for more info!