Leading mages and assassins of each server...

13»

Comments

• aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Regarding extremely geared water bards in general (Eyrda has two of them, DeadlyTones and Kadanza), there is no point even theory-crafting or thinking about how to beat them alone in a fair fight unless you are one of the following:

-fire mage
    -venom sin
    -physical warrior

Other classes hardly even hit more than their bubble heals. At 100 resis and 50k mana all conventional damage is effectively 0 against bubble.

For example level 80 mastery warriors + a priest will lose to tones, simply because he is literally not doing damage. The only way to win for a warrior is hope that he will disconnect or lag, and autoattack your BoR lol.

Imo a frost mage could stand a chance as well. Depending on build you can drain whole mana in about half a minute while enemy is perma-transformed (if you have swift transform runes, adv frost realm and boundary maxed with runes and pop magic meditation which also happens to increase water res by a big deal). Water bards have just badge to get out of it unless they have true runed voice of freedom which I have yet to see a true rune for. Also fury of ice takes 4 hits off their shield and ice crystal works as a stun bypassing shield immunity.

This is just theory since I'm on a different server and haven't seen those bards in action nor a frost mage as uber geared as those bards, but I think it would be possible on equal gears/mast/resists of course.

On a side note, are there such amazingly geared frost mages on Eyrda or are all fire?
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe you will have 0 chance against tones then. Your build may be extremely high damage but 600 resis and 220 crit defense are not acceptable by Eyrda standards. Our people have (if arena geared) 800-1000 resis and 310-330 crit defense.

Our server has been **** so brutally by crit damage stacking assassins in its history that resist, HP, and crit def are now the foundation of any Eyrdan PvP build. Evasion is a rarity.

I dont see why crit defense is something to aim for though, if so you dont have the crit dodge instead, vs alot of classes dodge prevent CC. I never said i will have any chance against him or anyone else in eyrda so its no pride battle going on. Im fairly inactive anyway barely playing just checking forums and botting ingame.. Hopefully will gain interest in the game once cross arena and fjord come if it does.

Our teambuild is based on 2 tanks and one anti eva dps usally, at least my own team. So I got priest bubble nonstop aswell can trigger anima + mm bubble when needed. Kept me from dying so far at least..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • taeshi
    taeshi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont see why crit defense is something to aim for though, if so you dont have the crit dodge instead, vs alot of classes dodge prevent CC. I never said i will have any chance against him or anyone else in eyrda so its no pride battle going on. Im fairly inactive anyway barely playing just checking forums and botting ingame.. Hopefully will gain interest in the game once cross arena and fjord come if it does.

Our teambuild is based on 2 tanks and one anti eva dps usally, at least my own team. So I got priest bubble nonstop aswell can trigger anima + mm bubble when needed. Kept me from dying so far at least..

because on Eyrda, there are warriors with 420+ crit damage and 70+ crit chance after assault (100+ with DU).

Imo a frost mage could stand a chance as well. Depending on build you can drain whole mana in about half a minute while enemy is perma-transformed (if you have swift transform runes, adv frost realm and boundary maxed with runes and pop magic meditation which also happens to increase water res by a big deal). Water bards have just badge to get out of it unless they have true runed voice of freedom which I have yet to see a true rune for. Also fury of ice takes 4 hits off their shield and ice crystal works as a stun bypassing shield immunity.

This is just theory since I'm on a different server and haven't seen those bards in action nor a frost mage as uber geared as those bards, but I think it would be possible on equal gears/mast/resists of course.

On a side note, are there such amazingly geared frost mages on Eyrda or are all fire?

can ice mages stack another debuff after transforming? if they can't, priest can easily purify the transform. and their shield is 12 hits
    there are some amazing geared mages on Eyrda but they are in the same guild so they wont fight each other.

anyways, i just made a clip fighting DeadlyTones' team in arena yesterday. see it for yourself :p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXB9iolApL0
  • aestheticsbro
    edited June 2013
    taeshi wrote: »
    can ice mages stack another debuff after transforming? if they can't, priest can easily purify the transform.

Sorry if I was misunderstood but since he said "beat them alone in a fair fight" I supposed 1v1.

...also wow thats some scary stuff. :D
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    Crit dodge prevent from some stun and silence water bard are immun to this when he have sonata of water so permanently thats why he go only for crit def

Yea I meant in general speaking not bard
    and no water cant debuff over trans only fire mage

About the warrior DU that can be prevented pretty easily, first of all you can still survive that, even i can and im not a so called tank + you can CC and focus at the warrior that certain time, DU is nothing you can trigger all the time. You can't really build everything around it as it can be partly "countered" = ignored. And yes on illfyue we have 400+ crit dmg 80 pts fervor blood warriors too with 100% crit chance in DU, i'd guess all servers have most classes with OP stats? Only thing which put servers apart is diffrent CS levels, and teambuilds/playstyle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • swaggboy12
    swaggboy12 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Coolhandluke or NyosAdrenaline and quite a bit of others i can name from storm will beat anyone you can possibly name 1v1 2v1 3v1 and god save you if they're together not going to give their stats or anything i'll save that for you to see on ya own in cross server pvp
  • Viscom - Eyrda
    Viscom - Eyrda Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    because on Eyrda, there are warriors with 420+ crit damage and 70+ crit chance after assault (100+ with DU).

can ice mages stack another debuff after transforming? if they can't, priest can easily purify the transform. and their shield is 12 hits
    there are some amazing geared mages on Eyrda but they are in the same guild so they wont fight each other.

anyways, i just made a clip fighting DeadlyTones' team in arena yesterday. see it for yourself :p

Thanks for posting this, it was interesting to watch the fights.
  • taeshi
    taeshi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    About the warrior DU that can be prevented pretty easily, first of all you can still survive that, even i can and im not a so called tank + you can CC and focus at the warrior that certain time, DU is nothing you can trigger all the time. You can't really build everything around it as it can be partly "countered" = ignored. And yes on illfyue we have 400+ crit dmg 80 pts fervor blood warriors too with 100% crit chance in DU, i'd guess all servers have most classes with OP stats? Only thing which put servers apart is diffrent CS levels, and teambuilds/playstyle.

idk, it has somewhat became a trend in Eyrda to stack crit def. and i've seen ppl with 50% crit dodge still getting crit by these warrs very often.

and with high crit def, some people will do LESS damage when they crit compare to when they don't crit.
    for example, Tones has 360% crit def, someone with 330% crit damage will do less damage on him compare to when they don't crit.
    swaggboy12 wrote: »
    Coolhandluke or NyosAdrenaline and quite a bit of others i can name from storm will beat anyone you can possibly name 1v1 2v1 3v1 and god save you if they're together not going to give their stats or anything i'll save that for you to see on ya own in cross server pvp

lolz another one showing ego
    i hope u realize we are here to discuss about the classes and how OP they can be
    Thanks for posting this, it was interesting to watch the fights.
    yw
  • inf3ktor
    inf3ktor Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013

i don't know who you are, nor do i care (to be honest) but i think i speak for many people when i say: thank you eyrda players for your contribution towards fw so that they can keep this almost dead game alive. thank you tones for all you lv5 gems and all that stuff, shows you really "love" this game and the company that runs it.
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    ReinaStark - Lionheart Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was told crit damage can never drop below 100% no matter what the difference between crit def and crit dmg are :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aestheticsbro
    edited June 2013
    I was told crit damage can never drop below 100% no matter what the difference between crit def and crit dmg are :O

I read a while ago in a thread regarding anima crits, if both a regular crit and anima crit were to happen simultaneously the game would calculate both and the one with highest damage would be the one to be done. I would have guessed something similar would apply in this case: if a crit would do less damage than a non-crit you just wouldn't crit, but it seems this is not the case. Never tried it, this is just how I thought it would work. :confused: