Server Merge Please!!! :(

Comments

• xerosennin1989
    xerosennin1989 Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the end if they do a server merge more people will end up quitting because of this.

I bet it would be cool for all of about a few days people would be so happy, until conflict starts and the QQ commences because the same problems still exist.

Server merge is a bad idea. They should fix the issues with the game, not do temporary fixes like a server merge.

It's foolish to think that fixing the bugs will bring players back, we just need new content faster.

And to all of u who is against the merge of Nyos/Illyfue, why do you fail to see the possibilities of still having PvE and PvP split on one server (separate realms), even for Twins can still keep a PvE and a PvP realm for it. I already stated in a post that it would be good to put server tags in front of ppl's names to avoid double names.

This also can be used to lets say still keep the Twin runs separate, only ppl from PvP server can go PvP twins, and vice-versa. That way even more weapons are looted and more ppl can be happy weekly.

I think alot of ppl might actually like it to go in a PvP realm or a PvE one to not have thesame boring quest routine over and over again. ;)

So basically: There are more then enough idea's to be thought of to keep things enjoyable for both the PvP only and the PvE only minded ppl, and this while increasing the ppl to do PvE and PvP instances together.
  • crimsondaisy
    crimsondaisy Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well xerosennin1989 maybe people joined PvE server for a reason? Because they want PvE and NOT PvP? If I wanted to have open world PvP I'd join such server but I chose PvE server because I like it and I want it to stay this way. Don't force PvP realms into PvE server, it will only drive people away and make them quit game.
  • Lilieana - Illyfue
    Lilieana - Illyfue Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's foolish to think that fixing the bugs will bring players back, we just need new content faster.

And to all of u who is against the merge of Nyos/Illyfue, why do you fail to see the possibilities of still having PvE and PvP split on one server (separate realms), even for Twins can still keep a PvE and a PvP realm for it. I already stated in a post that it would be good to put server tags in front of ppl's names to avoid double names.

This also can be used to lets say still keep the Twin runs separate, only ppl from PvP server can go PvP twins, and vice-versa. That way even more weapons are looted and more ppl can be happy weekly.

I think alot of ppl might actually like it to go in a PvP realm or a PvE one to not have thesame boring quest routine over and over again. ;)

So basically: There are more then enough idea's to be thought of to keep things enjoyable for both the PvP only and the PvE only minded ppl, and this while increasing the ppl to do PvE and PvP instances together.

THIS^

fixing the bugs will only result in the current player base staying.what will bring back old ones,and get news,is the new content,that fails to come to us

i also stated that there should be different realms for the merged EU servers

for the ones who does not like the idea of merging: it could only bring us good,i think :) you get to know new ppl,pvp would get some fresh blood,new friends,new enemies,more interesting guild wars,resurrection of world chat,and many many more things,just think it through :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy made by Magicka★
    MouseGuard★Elemental★Illyfue (on vacation)
    Szerena_★Glacial★Illyfue
  • xerosennin1989
    edited June 2013
    Well xerosennin1989 maybe people joined PvE server for a reason? Because they want PvE and NOT PvP? If I wanted to have open world PvP I'd join such server but I chose PvE server because I like it and I want it to stay this way. Don't force PvP realms into PvE server, it will only drive people away and make them quit game.

Please read what i actually said ...
  • Lilieana - Illyfue
    edited June 2013

drive them away?they could choose the pve realms just as effortlessly as they would choose the server,or any other realm...that would be just one click...dont over dramatize it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy made by Magicka★
    Szerena_★Glacial★Illyfue
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Twins separate? Are you suggesting 2 sets of zodiacs? One set on PvE side and one set on PvP side? No.. please no. What you suggesting means, 2 sets of everything which is that much more messy... 2 Wbs, 2 EWbs.. nah.. this will not work..

drive them away?they could choose the pve realms just as effortlessly as they would choose the server,or any other realm...that would be just one click...dont over dramatize it

The only drama i see now is the continuing persistence of some of the Nyos populace trying to hard-sell the idea of server merge to the people of Illyfue and others who lurk around here.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I mentioned it in another post before, but I think it's needed to say it again. The problem aren't the seperated realms, it's the different ingame economy (different prices, because of different priorities)of both realms. Make an educated guess, what would happen, if both economies collide. This would cause chaos and we all know, what happen when the game economy becomes chaotic - people would leave.

A server merge wouldn't solve the problem. It would just only concentrate the remaining player on one server 'til it's "dryed out" too. The only win for the playerbase would be a little more time.

A server merge would be a wrong signal, because it's mostly the sign of a dead /dying game. What would an in FW interested person do? He/She would take a look into the forum first before joining and find informations about a server merge. I don't think, that this would leave a good impression of FW and most of the interested people would refuse to join the game.

Before thinking about a merge, PWE should fix the existing problems, implement new content and fight the boredom. It would please the remaining playerbase and PWE would be able to count on player recommendations for FW again. This plus a advertisement campaign could revive the servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xerosennin1989
    edited June 2013
    Twins separate? Are you suggesting 2 sets of zodiacs? One set on PvE side and one set on PvP side? No.. please no. What you suggesting means, 2 sets of everything which is that much more messy... 2 Wbs, 2 EWbs.. nah.. this will not work..

It was just an idea, one of many that can be thought of :)

The only drama i see now is the continuing persistence of some of the Nyos populace trying to hard-sell the idea of server merge to the people of Illyfue and others who lurk around here.

And i'm on Illyfue, we also sometimes have a hard time getting queue's and it will only get worse so it never hurts to bring in more activity.
    cireneila1 wrote: »
    I mentioned it in another post before, but I think it's needed to say it again. The problem aren't the seperated realms, it's the different ingame economy (different prices, because of different priorities)of both realms. Make an educated guess, what would happen, if both economies collide. This would cause chaos and we all know, what happen when the game economy becomes chaotic - people would leave.

The prices are based on the leaf exchange prices, put a min and max on these prices and it won't be all that bad :)
  • Ayumichan - Storm Legion
    Ayumichan - Storm Legion Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And i'm on Illyfue, we also sometimes have a hard time getting queue's and it will only get worse so it never hurts to bring in more activity.

The prices are based on the leaf exchange prices, put a min and max on these prices and it won't be all that bad :)

PWE is not known for its "put a max price on zen currency" ideals.

to put it simply there are 3 types of QQ in forums:
    CS vs NON-CS
    PVE vs PVP
    PWE fails

wanna know what server merge will cause? the answer: the 3 of them together. characters or stuff lose at merge and other possible fails. then pvp and pve rage at each other,ofcourse CS and non-CS fights starts as well harder than the usual cuz of the competition spirit.

the whole thing is doin more problem than it solves,only blind ppl wont recognize that.
    not to mention its totally unfair to Illyfue in this case,cuz they joined pve server for a reason.

about the 2 realms EB and other stuffs you mentioned,that would be unfair to another servers. why shud they be "punished" by having only 1 EB when they were active,and get 2 EB for those who were FAIL to keep their playerbase?

hmmm,if i think about it thats exactly pwe logic recently, gives stuffs for inactives...lol anyway, merge in this form is unfair to at least one of the affected server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alkaris - Illyfue
    Alkaris - Illyfue Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Sorry but NO just NO.!!!

If I am doing a Nister quest, that means jumping realms in most of the quests,
    to gather all the materials needed.
    At the moment I can safely traverse all realms on Illyfue,
    without having to watch my back continuously for PKers.

If you change some of the realms to PVP,
    then I cant use those realms, unless I am prepared to perhaps fight,
    another player/players.

I went on Illyfue because its a PVE server with no PVP realms.
    If I wanted any PVP in my game I would have gone on a PVP server.
    If you introduce PVP into a PVE server, you will lose members of the player base,
    who don't want to use a PVP server.

Its as simple as that, no matter what excuses and such you come up with,
    for a server merge.

Therefore if you want to lose more of the existing player base,
    that we have at the moment, then go ahead with the merge.

I have played this game since the first BETA and I am happy playing
    on Illyfue as it stands now.
    Change the server set up, to mixed PVE /PVP
    and I for one will leave the game.

Just my 2 cents worth, that I know I will probably get flamed for,
    but this is my view and thoughts on the situation you people are asking for.

• Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I can understand many pro and con about a merge between a PvP server and a PvE server.

Many arguments for and against can be made that I can fully understand, this is why I'm not taking side in this matter.. however, this is the 2nd time I see this argument from people against the merge:

"Half the realm is not enough for me, I want to be able to go in all realm without worry"

Damn..
    - it takes 1 second to check which realm you're in.
    - it takes 3 seconds to change realm.
    - people that would kill you when farming wb would steal it by outdpsing anyway.

I really can't see this as any kind of argument, it's not like it would lag by staying on those 5 or so realms.

Bottom line is, as long as you can still do what you could do before (granted that it could take 4 seconds more to realize you're on a PvP realm and switch, or they could even add an option to always entering a PvE realm after instance or whatever), I can't see then why it's a problem.

I can however understand many reasons for those who wants to keep it 100% PvE, be it the Zodiac WBs issue, or the fact that people on PvP servers tends to be more aggressive or that it can potentially bring more drama,..

Well there are many reasons I can understand on both sides, but this "thing" about half PvE realms would not be enough, and that you can't spend 4 seconds of your time when going out of instance.. no this is not something with any kind of value to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Alkaris - Illyfue
    edited June 2013
    Well I can understand many pro and con about a merge between a PvP server and a PvE server.

Many arguments for and against can be made that I can fully understand, this is why I'm not taking side in this matter.. however, this is the 2nd time I see this argument from people against the merge:

"Half the realm is not enough for me, I want to be able to go in all realm without worry"

Damn..
    - it takes 1 second to check which realm you're in.
    - it takes 3 seconds to change realm.
    - people that would kill you when farming wb would steal it by outdpsing anyway.

I really can't see this as any kind of argument, it's not like it would lag by staying on those 5 or so realms.

Bottom line is, as long as you can still do what you could do before (granted that it could take 4 seconds more to realize you're on a PvP realm and switch, or they could even add an option to always entering a PvE realm after instance or whatever), I can't see then why it's a problem.

I can however understand many reasons for those who wants to keep it 100% PvE, be it the Zodiac WBs issue, or the fact that people on PvP servers tends to be more aggressive or that it can potentially bring more drama,..

Well there are many reasons I can understand on both sides, but this "thing" about half PvE realms would not be enough, and that you can't spend 4 seconds of your time when going out of instance.. no this is not something with any kind of value to me.

So what you are saying is, that if I cannot find the materials I am looking for on the PVE realms, then I should just give up the quest ?

At the moment I have the full server to choose realms from.
    Some Nister quests, you may have to try all realms to get the materials for the quest.
    For example Miasma Wood (sp), I usually have to try anything up to all realms to get the wood, as other players have already taken it and there is so few pieces on each realm.
    Therefore I would have to keep going back over the same realms again and again until the wood spawns again.
    This is just unacceptable to me as its difficult enough as it is now,
    to get the materials.

Also as far as the WB's or Zodiac or anything like that is concerned,
    I don't do any of that stuff, so it means nothing to me.

• Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man some of you need to chill. It's like you think about the possibility of being on a pvp server, and you start to hyperventilate.

Sure, maybe you played FW in the early days and get pk'd back then as a lowbie on a pvp server. Maybe you were pk'd once as a lowbie recently. Maybe your negative experiences with pvp servers come from other games. I have no idea. But you're judging FW pvp servers with limited experience, and that is wildly obvious to those of us who do play pvp servers.

Open world pk is DEAD on pvp servers now, especially in regards to killing lowbies. There of course is a rare exception every now and then where someone pk's a lowbie, but the keyword there is rare. For the most part, no one pk's each other open world anymore unless it has to do with guild KOS... which also refers to higher level more competitive guilds and not growing ones with lowbies.

It's ok to not want to be on a pvp server. It's ok to even believe pvp servers are terrible based on limited experience, but all I am saying is breathe a bit guys. Sometimes it starts to sound a little absurd, as if some people actually are terrified and/or furious at the idea of being on a pvp server with all those bad meanie rPKers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lilieana - Illyfue
    edited June 2013
    Man some of you need to chill. It's like you think about the possibility of being on a pvp server, and you start to hyperventilate.

Sure, maybe you played FW in the early days and get pk'd back then as a lowbie on a pvp server. Maybe you were pk'd once as a lowbie recently. Maybe your negative experiences with pvp servers come from other games. I have no idea. But you're judging FW pvp servers with limited experience, and that is wildly obvious to those of us who do play pvp servers.

Open world pk is DEAD on pvp servers now, especially in regards to killing lowbies. There of course is a rare exception every now and then where someone pk's a lowbie, but the keyword there is rare. For the most part, no one pk's each other open world anymore unless it has to do with guild KOS... which also refers to higher level more competitive guilds and not growing ones with lowbies.

It's ok to not want to be on a pvp server. It's ok to even believe pvp servers are terrible based on limited experience, but all I am saying is breathe a bit guys. Sometimes it starts to sound a little absurd, as if some people actually are terrified and/or furious at the idea of being on a pvp server with all those bad meanie rPKers.

thats it.everyone goes so hard against pvp,like the first thing pvpers would do is to kill everything that moves slower than them.they are players like anyone on a pve server,they farm and do instances too,dont do like they are some kind of agressive aliens,cause right now you pve players are the ones who get all hyper about it...
    So what you are saying is, that if I cannot find the materials I am looking for on the PVE realms, then I should just give up the quest ?

At the moment I have the full server to choose realms from.
    Some Nister quests, you may have to try all realms to get the materials for the quest.
    For example Miasma Wood (sp), I usually have to try anything up to all realms to get the wood, as other players have already taken it and there is so few pieces on each realm.
    Therefore I would have to keep going back over the same realms again and again until the wood spawns again.
    This is just unacceptable to me as its difficult enough as it is now,
    to get the materials.

the devs/gms are not lost little lambs,they can make it so drops wont be that rare...you act like then it would be outright impossible to do quests after a merge.guess what,if the illyfue population simply grows,without any merge,then it would be the same,because instead of the so-hated pvpers,pve-ers would collect the stuff thats needed.and not like they cant make 10 realms,with 5 pve 5 pvp....gosh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy made by Magicka★
    Szerena_★Glacial★Illyfue
  • heliosflames
    heliosflames Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Finally someone who gets it! My main is on a PvE server and I'd love my server to be merged with a PvP one but I also don't care if it's not. I also have a nice rebel priest on a PvP server and I've said it before but just to say it again. I've been playing FW for quite some time and only ever seen 2-3 people get killed in open world and that was for running their mouth. for the most part people just sit in FH and duel. You guys act like PvP server people are monsters geez, they only get like that when they're not fed lol... Only true issue would be prices and how things will change AH wise otherwise I see nothing wrong with this.

Also as someone said though a server merge is a sign of a dying game.
  • Naminaa - Storm Legion
    Naminaa - Storm Legion Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've always played on PvE servers, since I don't really enjoy PvP. So I understand the reason as why people do not wish for a PvP server to be merged with a PvE server.

What bothers me about this topic is just reading the title of this thread! "Server Merge please." Er....really now? I don't know how big the player base is on other servers BESIDES Storm. Storm is pretty filled everyday, it isn't a major ghost town. But having to practically beg for a server merge?

I don't know about that...is your server truly that empty? It makes me want to just log in and see how empty FH is. o.o

And well, I can't imagine the GMs pulling a server merge in the first place. Some say it is hard work, some say it isn't. Some say, "Oh the top games can do it easily, what about us?" >.> FW doesn't even have full-time employees to do this stuff. That should be evident due to the fact that there are still bugs to fix! And all the mistakes occuring...Nova Pack...Rollback...blah blah blah.

If they can't do a simple pack correctly (no disrespect) then a server merge...isn't currently under their belts right now.

Or they just don't WANT to do it, I've read that before.

Who knows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ✦Naminaa - 88 Dark Vampire - Imperium
    ✦Vaerion - 82 Light Bard - Imperium
    ✦Light bard, Wind bard, Water bard...ALL the bards!✦
    ✦I'm gonna swing from the chandelier. I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist .✦
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You can chose a pve realm when you queue in to an instance and the leader was on a pvp realm? You can chose what realm your base is in? You can chose which realms you exit instances on? Alot of realm switching is done beyond your control and you can find yourself in a pvp situation where you never wanted it.

You cant put a set min and max. If it doesnt conform the the player economies, people will either stop selling leaves (lower profit for PWE, cause they wont buy the zen) or they'll just sell through WC. saw a max for a cash shop currency on a game once, and when the economy actually inflated beyond the max, it was no longer auctioned, and all transactions were world chat type requests. Players wont yield to a company set price range.
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    ReinaStark - Lionheart Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the instance and guild base thing is quite easy - just make all instance entrances and guild base trackstones safe zones - plenty of time to realm hop o.ov

I don't want a server merge but I would love for Lionheart to be given even one pvp realm - FF is pretty limited when it comes to pvp~ it'd be so much fun if friends could just get up random 3v3 or 4v4 or 5v5 teams and have fun murdering each other any time anywhere. (This is speaking as a divine priest - duels aren't usually too much fun for me because I'm not a solo pvper - there's not much I can do in a 1 v 1 scenario so I duel for practice and education only)

Otherwise give some kind of bonus for guild wars - participating gives guild funds/merit etc. so guilds are more willing to engage in them. As it is, I barely log onto the game on Tuesdays and Thursdays anymore because there's nothing to do ...

Edit: and I agree with Ginius. I used to play as a mystic in a big pvp server on Ether Saga and I was pked ... once? And that was because of competition for a timed event item. It's not very scary or very prevalent. Why are people that scared o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather keep Illy as it is, although I'd love to see some pvp action on elite bosses/twins/elebosses (eventually) since atm it's monopolized by the same people who maxed their dps far beyond regular player's reach.

The idea of those events in pvp server seems so much more exciting and less elitist, with average players being able to take part in at least annoying the big fish while they try to kill the bosses.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the instance and guild base thing is quite easy - just make all instance entrances and guild base trackstones safe zones - plenty of time to realm hop o.ov

I don't want a server merge but I would love for Lionheart to be given even one pvp realm - FF is pretty limited when it comes to pvp~ it'd be so much fun if friends could just get up random 3v3 or 4v4 or 5v5 teams and have fun murdering each other any time anywhere. (This is speaking as a divine priest - duels aren't usually too much fun for me because I'm not a solo pvper - there's not much I can do in a 1 v 1 scenario so I duel for practice and education only)

Otherwise give some kind of bonus for guild wars - participating gives guild funds/merit etc. so guilds are more willing to engage in them. As it is, I barely log onto the game on Tuesdays and Thursdays anymore because there's nothing to do ...

Edit: and I agree with Ginius. I used to play as a mystic in a big pvp server on Ether Saga and I was pked ... once? And that was because of competition for a timed event item. It's not very scary or very prevalent. Why are people that scared o.o

I don't think it's necessarily that. I think it's the fact that there's the chance of it happening. Kinda like some people with things like roller coasters. They are very safe, yet there has been that occasion where people have died or gotten hurt on them, and it drives people to not go on them. Now of course FW isn't a real life or death thing so there is no worry of that, but the concept is in a way the same.

Some people just aren't comfortable knowing that at any time someone can come up and PK them while they are innocently doing their thing, even if it doesn't happen often. It's the fact that it CAN happen on PVP servers that drive some people toward PvE servers.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it's necessarily that. I think it's the fact that there's the chance of it happening. Kinda like some people with things like roller coasters. They are very safe, yet there has been that occasion where people have died or gotten hurt on them, and it drives people to not go on them. Now of course FW isn't a real life or death thing so there is no worry of that, but the concept is in a way the same.

Some people just aren't comfortable knowing that at any time someone can come up and PK them while they are innocently doing their thing, even if it doesn't happen often. It's the fact that it CAN happen on PVP servers that drive some people toward PvE servers.

I can accept that since I was terrified when leveling back then too, but based on personal experience, I feel like it's one of those things that works like a bee sting or spider bite - it's terrifying until it happens and then you're like "oh so that was it ..."

Also like people said half/half realms means you can avoid it quite easily - though I just want 1 realm~ just 1~ so we pvpers can murder each other for fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can accept that since I was terrified when leveling back then too, but based on personal experience, I feel like it's one of those things that works like a bee sting or spider bite - it's terrifying until it happens and then you're like "oh so that was it ..."

Also like people said half/half realms means you can avoid it quite easily - though I just want 1 realm~ just 1~ so we pvpers can murder each other for fun

Well the solution to that would have been if they properly had implemented the promised but never delivered PvP flagging system for PvE servers. Its whats on PWI PvE servers and what was said will be put on FW PvE servers during closed beta 4. I have no problem with that type of system on a PvE server, cause if you never turn on the PvP flag, noone can ever PK you, but if you wish to PvP, you turn on the flag and are fair game to anyone else who also opts in.
    edited June 2013

Yeah but it kinda adds that unnecessary thing of having to switch realms if you end up in a PvE realm, which yeah isn't a big deal, but could get annoying having to do it over and over.

Honestly, and I mean no offense to anyone on this, IF you guys want a server merge, it should be with PvP with PvP and PvE with PvE servers only. Think about it on the flip side. What if PvP was something that happened a lot, and you liked to go to all realms to find people to PvP with, or whatever you do that involves PvP and a lot of realm switching. Then the idea of merging a PvE server with yours comes up, and cuts your "productivity" in half due to half of the realms being PvP.

The same goes for the PvE players wanting to merge with a PvP server. You guys knew what you were getting into with joining a PvE server. IF you decided you wanted to get into PvP, then the fair thing to do would be make a character on a PvP server. Just like if people make a PvP player and after a while don't like it, the fair thing to do would be make a character on a PvE server. Yes, you lose all your stuff you worked on, but that's just how it works ya know?

That's why I feel server merges should be kept to same type servers if they were to happen.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion
    CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2013

And I used to play on Lost City on PWI and couldn't set foot in the swamps without getting ganked. It wasn't scary. It was just ANNOYING. THAT's what we don't want. If I wanted to deal with that, I'd be on the PvP server.

And making guild trackstones safe zones is useless. What if you're trying to go to another guild's exo and their base just happens to be on a PvP realm? Or if you happen to wind up in an instance party on a PvP realm and the party decides to punt you and kill you? Safe zone doesn't help if they use you as labor and then kick you and kill you before the boss dies. Darksiren's point stands. There's a lot of realm switching that's beyond your control, and adding trivial safezones doesn't fix the problem.

Speaking of guild bases - with a merge, how, pray tell, do you propose they'd handle guild names and guild bases? There's only a set number of spaces at every trackstone, and if you threatened to bounce anyone off certain trackstones, you'd wind up pissing off even more people. Names would be problematic too - for example, Paradise and Imperium guilds on multiple servers. You can't just force-rename one to Paradise2 or something without getting some SERIOUS outrage going, and some major confusion too.

I think you can see where this could be problematic on multiple levels.

That said, I do like the idea of incentives for the open-world guild wars. If they gave some funds, zeal and a chance to earn contribution and merit, it would definitely give guilds more reason to do it, and it's actually something even the level 2 and 3 guilds could do to gain funds and zeal for leveling their guilds or bidding on a base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    edited June 2013
    Yeah but it kinda adds that unnecessary thing of having to switch realms if you end up in a PvE realm, which yeah isn't a big deal, but could get annoying having to do it over and over.

Honestly, and I mean no offense to anyone on this, IF you guys want a server merge, it should be with PvP with PvP and PvE with PvE servers only. Think about it on the flip side. What if PvP was something that happened a lot, and you liked to go to all realms to find people to PvP with, or whatever you do that involves PvP and a lot of realm switching. Then the idea of merging a PvE server with yours comes up, and cuts your "productivity" in half due to half of the realms being PvP.

The same goes for the PvE players wanting to merge with a PvP server. You guys knew what you were getting into with joining a PvE server. IF you decided you wanted to get into PvP, then the fair thing to do would be make a character on a PvP server. Just like if people make a PvP player and after a while don't like it, the fair thing to do would be make a character on a PvE server. Yes, you lose all your stuff you worked on, but that's just how it works ya know?

That's why I feel server merges should be kept to same type servers if they were to happen.

the problem here is that there is no west coast pvp server. so to begin with some of our players may have wanted to be on a pvp server but chose otherwise because of time zone considerations :p

and cuddly I largely agree with you too~ I don't want a merge. I just want more pvp options and incentivized guild wars would be my preferred method~ or the pvp flagging system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    the problem here is that there is no west coast pvp server. so to begin with some of our players may have wanted to be on a pvp server but chose otherwise because of time zone considerations :p

and cuddly I largely agree with you too~ I don't want a merge. I just want more pvp options and incentivized guild wars would be my preferred method~ or the pvp flagging system.

Precisely. That's one reason why a server merge wouldn't really work either way. Because either you'd be merging to the west coast, and all those people would have time zone issues, or you'd be merging to the east coast haha.

I brought up a lot of different points in a 'secret' thread about the complications that would be involved with a server merge.

The main points were:

-PvP vs PvE
    -WB and EB issues (ties in with PvP vs PvE)
    -Economy of each server
    -General community 'attitude' of each server
    -Double names (US servers don't have this issue)

It was pretty much explaining that PvP servers and PvE servers on FW are just a tad bit too unique to create a truly successful server merge, and that instead of risking losing more people, the focus should be on what content can be brought to the game to keep current players interested as well as bring new and old players to the game.

• CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion
    CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was pretty much explaining that PvP servers and PvE servers on FW are just a tad bit too unique to create a truly successful server merge, and that instead of risking losing more people, the focus should be on what content can be brought to the game to keep current players interested as well as bring new and old players to the game.

Wait. Logic and common sense being discussed with PWE? What is this trickery?

Where's that fainting turnip smiley when I need it?

But seriously...what you said right there...someone needs to print that out and staple multiple copies of it to Melanderi's cubicle. And give her a stack of them to bludgeon the Chinese devs with until it sinks in. Maybe someone needs to offer Melanderi some lessons in how to cuss someone out properly in Chinese. I think she may need them with the devs Wanmei has.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lilieana - Illyfue
    edited June 2013
    Precisely. That's one reason why a server merge wouldn't really work either way. Because either you'd be merging to the west coast, and all those people would have time zone issues, or you'd be merging to the east coast haha.

this post was about merging EU servers,no one wanted to merge west and east coast servers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy made by Magicka★
    Szerena_★Glacial★Illyfue
    edited June 2013
    this post was about merging EU servers,no one wanted to merge west and east coast servers
    mrgoose87 wrote: »
    I am begging for a server merge. I play Eryda and I am constantly seeing ppl quit game because of lack of interest.

The initial post states otherwise. Eyrda is the East Coast PvP server.

ReinaStark was talking about Lionheart, which is West Coast PvE server. That's how the discussion was brought up.

• Alkaris - Illyfue
    edited June 2013

This says it all in a nutshell.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.