A server merge - make a poll

deadseal
deadseal Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

At the beginning i would like to greet all of you forum users and say few things about merge (hope you will like it). I will write it in points.

1. As the title says we should make a poll about it (who is up for it and who is not).
2. Only one voice per account/special IP or something - i guess "they" have it in database.

So i wrote the main part i guess.
I have been on Nyos for half or maybe one year (forgot how long it was) and now i'm playing on Illyufe for 1,5 year. Situation with Nyos server is pretty simple:
- low amount of people,
- inactive guilds (except few guilds with base and over 80% of active players on this server).

Illyufe has definitely much more people - you can check guild rank zeal, anyway you can "feel" the diffrence, but it is not good enough.

In my opinion we should do a merge. It will only help each other to make one big and active server, but there is a lot of questions like: What about lags? What about server playing style - PvE or PvP? etc.

Simple explanation for some of them and positive things:

- 5 PvP and 5 PvE realms (or maybe even more if "they" could increase the limit)
- Increase or change location of Guild Trackstone Bases of some guilds
- More people at Arena and Battlefield Fjord - new challenges!
- Extreme territory wars!
- Characters on one account (from both servers) could be selected to save (with limit of course) before merge etc.

Hope you will like it and reply on this thread.

P.S

I know i did some mistakes - this is not my main language hehe.
Post edited by deadseal on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• PostgreIII - Eyrda
    PostgreIII - Eyrda Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the day PWE does a server merge, is the day the game will die.

its a short term solution to a long term problem.

Server merge will do the following:

1.) Make Zodiacs impossible
    2.) Make more drama
    3.) Make the Carebear PVErs cry if they get merged to a PVP server, OR make PVPers cry if we get put to a carebear half and half pve/pvp server.
    4.) Make servers HUGE and have epic lag on trade realm.
    5.) World Bosses would be hard to find due to double in population(they are already hard to find on eyrda).
    6.) People who lose character names will rage.
    7.) HUGE E-peen contests.

What does server merge help?

1.) People think more population = solve all problems.

imo:
    Better to do cross server Frjord and Arena 3v3 and 6v6(which i doubt they will ever do). I think thats better than merging the whole servers together.
  • xerosennin1989
    xerosennin1989 Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Those who do Zodiacs on Illyfue are strong dps, never hurts to bring in some excitement, that way the outcome will be more different. Since the weps are now sold for big gold ingame (same ppl over and over that profit from this), and alot of ppl against that on Illyfue it might be just what we need for Zodiacs.
    Btw, seeing as you are from Eyrda means this doesn't apply to u when its about Nyos/Illyfue merge

2.) Make more drama
    3.) Make the Carebear PVErs cry if they get merged to a PVP server, OR make PVPers cry if we get put to a carebear half and half pve/pvp server.

In what way? More then enough ways to keep PVE and PVP separate, like seal said to both have PVE realms and PVP ones. But this should be original number of realms.

Nothing they cant work on with the income they get from CS

5.) World Bosses would be hard to find due to double in population(they are already hard to find on eyrda).

Not if u keep same number of realms :)

A possible solution to this is to put a tag in front of names that shows what server u come from.
    imo:
    Better to do cross server Frjord and Arena 3v3 and 6v6(which i doubt they will ever do). I think thats better than merging the whole servers together.

This would certainly be a good start, but dont think u should limit it only to the PvP stuff, some ppl dont like PvP
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the day PWE does a server merge, is the day the game will die.

its a short term solution to a long term problem.

2.) Make more drama
    7.) HUGE E-peen contests.

What does server merge help?

1.) People think more population = solve all problems.

imo:

All the "bad" stuff you named is actually good stuff.. lol

• cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm against a server merge under the actual circumstances. I meantioned the following in a different thread before, but it wasn't worth it, because there the people are more busy with trolling each other.

Nyos and Illyfue have a complete different ingame economy with different prices, etc. When both economies would collide, make an educated guess what will happen. A lot of player would leave the game, because of the chaotic situation, which would garanteed happen. The result would be: With the merge the population would increase and directly decrease drasticly.

And how about rift? PvE oriented guilds wouldn't be able to compete with the PvP oriented guilds and I doubt, that many PvE player switch to PvP.

So my opinion is, that before we all discuss about a server merge. PWE should try something different to repopulate the servers - fixing existing bugs, more content, advertisement, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KreepyKitty - Illyfue
    KreepyKitty - Illyfue Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL this made me laugh so much!

100000+ for you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    credits to Magicka
    Illyfue - KreepyKitty - 80 Blood/Dark Vampire
    property of KreepyKat
  • Thaynia - Illyfue
    Thaynia - Illyfue Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cireneila1 wrote: »
    I'm against a server merge under the actual circumstances. I meantioned the following in a different thread before, but it wasn't worth it, because there the people are more busy with trolling each other.

Nyos and Illyfue have a complete different ingame economy with different prices, etc. When both economies would collide, make an educated guess what will happen. A lot of player would leave the game, because of the chaotic situation, which would garanteed happen. The result would be: With the merge the population would increase and directly decrease drasticly.

And how about rift? PvE oriented guilds wouldn't be able to compete with the PvP oriented guilds and I doubt, that many PvE player switch to PvP.

So my opinion is, that before we all discuss about a server merge. PWE should try something different to repopulate the servers - fixing existing bugs, more content, advertisement, etc.
    +1, basically my opinion on the whole server merge topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back. And by abyss, I mean PWE Customer Support
  • _FreeFall_ - Nyos
    _FreeFall_ - Nyos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're a huge 2V5kb2a.jpg we are from ancient LIoMeoS.jpg to new 8N6OfgI.jpg we made history and set sail discovering the 1JyM3So.jpg.
    We walk along with the death messengers XmIYdTk.jpg but we do not fear cuz we are ThTZTI0.jpg. We own everything from every piece of land to the all mighty bpfCDZN.jpg. Life in Illyfue is like an GsuJEXY.jpg people MGAqOSq.jpg with each other 4chR9WX.jpg, we are open minded and do not look at genders gDuQGxu.jpg . We are not perfect, in fact we're pdKQEVb.jpg but we want to defend our 7YpwIjr.jpg, we like to have some fun and drink l5WvVmb.jpg but we're not completely y2v7Kfi.jpg, we are relaxed and we have mutual respect, thats our xG27VCw.jpg. We are bLL6did.jpg and we are prepared for eo1jT16.jpg if needed. Illyfue belongs to us, from mythical beasts G92LMkr.jpg?1 to evil animals e5zJoJA.jpg?1 or lovely ones QgI3LQj.jpg. We're furious while we remain calm, they say we are 7tE72nk.jpg. Our first vixA2pG.jpg slained the 4nm3Wvi.jpg , we built a museum about the entire battle 8tliPDh.jpg and our warrior even received the title 'sir' NuAxSuw.jpg. We got the most exclusive apple application 2y2Z3gA.jpg. Our qYfZDZJ.jpg medical team could even find the treatment for the rare 3h6XigT.jpg disease. We're famous all around the world thanks to our ljQ7I7X.jpg.

Some of us got the KKtS6oI.jpg and others follow a LH78iwR.jpg, but we're still together, mess with us and NQB2ZGT.jpg.

ILLYFUE IS ACE. And we should remain like this! No to server merge!

Inspired by Y_meh post and SEPH sentence, also i was bored :(

Tried to use as many guilds as possible, old or recent ones, cuz we're all part of Illy :D (also some players)

laughing so hard !! :))))) good job :))))

+1000000000[...]000 to this :)))

z_CasterGirl_z - Level 80 Human Frost Mage

- Nova Pack Fiasco
    - Roll Back
    - Compensation Issues
    - Patch Failure
    - Cross Server PvP Issues
    - Europe Servers Down (Firewall ran away screaming)
    - No Arena NPC's (what you need'em for)
    - Europe Servers Dissconnect Issues
    - Realms Vanishing
    - Gold Spambots
    - No PvP event fun !
    - No worth to play content since last year
    -- Forsaken World Revelations -- Thank you for your endless patience --
  • SkyEyes - Illyfue
    SkyEyes - Illyfue Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Indeed +1 to that beauty thing ... gz interesting way to say how we are !!!

Btw u forgot say we did first meeting of penguins xD

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=438881&highlight=Imperium
  • Rebarg - Illyfue
    Rebarg - Illyfue Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice one =D and I think I know that pic.... :D
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We say NO to the server merge!
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We're a huge 2V5kb2a.jpg we are from ancient LIoMeoS.jpg to new 8N6OfgI.jpg we made history and set sail discovering the 1JyM3So.jpg.
    We walk along with the death messengers XmIYdTk.jpg but we do not fear cuz we are ThTZTI0.jpg. We own everything from every piece of land to the all mighty bpfCDZN.jpg. Life in Illyfue is like an GsuJEXY.jpg people MGAqOSq.jpg with each other 4chR9WX.jpg, we are open minded and do not look at genders gDuQGxu.jpg . We are not perfect, in fact we're pdKQEVb.jpg but we want to defend our 7YpwIjr.jpg, we like to have some fun and drink l5WvVmb.jpg but we're not completely y2v7Kfi.jpg, we are relaxed and we have mutual respect, thats our xG27VCw.jpg. We are bLL6did.jpg and we are prepared for eo1jT16.jpg if needed. Illyfue belongs to us, from mythical beasts G92LMkr.jpg?1 to evil animals e5zJoJA.jpg?1 or lovely ones QgI3LQj.jpg. We're furious while we remain calm, they say we are 7tE72nk.jpg. Our first vixA2pG.jpg slained the 4nm3Wvi.jpg , we built a museum about the entire battle 8tliPDh.jpg and our warrior even received the title 'sir' NuAxSuw.jpg. We got the most exclusive apple application 2y2Z3gA.jpg. Our qYfZDZJ.jpg medical team could even find the treatment for the rare 3h6XigT.jpg disease. We're famous all around the world thanks to our ljQ7I7X.jpg.

Some of us got the KKtS6oI.jpg and others follow a LH78iwR.jpg, but we're still together, mess with us and NQB2ZGT.jpg.

ILLYFUE IS ACE. And we should remain like this! No to server merge!

Inspired by Y_meh post and SEPH sentence, also i was bored :(

Tried to use as many guilds as possible, old or recent ones, cuz we're all part of Illy :D (also some players)

:D:D:D:D

Pro job!
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since Nyxa was nice enough to close yet another thread... I'm glad it was reopened here.

I looked at the other thread and saw this post, idk who it's from but I loved every single sentence in it. It was very cute and yeah a poll...

Consider my vote and that of my friends: NO TO SERVER MERGE. Some smartasses wrote from their alts claiming they are non CSer, we really laughted a lot at that. Non-CSer my azz... haha

And here is the EPIC post I was talking about:

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4476261&postcount=6

:D thumbs up to more creativity like that ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since Nyxa was nice enough to close yet another thread... I'm glad it was reopened here.

I looked at the other thread and saw this post, idk who it's from but I loved every single sentence in it. It was very cute and yeah a poll...

Consider my vote and that of my friends: NO TO SERVER MERGE. Some smartasses wrote from their alts claiming they are non CSer, we really laughted a lot at that. Non-CSer my azz... haha

And here is the EPIC post I was talking about:

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4476261&postcount=6

:D thumbs up to more creativity like that ^

congrats in linking an image that is in the exact same thread...I locked the one that forsaken posted in since after his comment it went downhill from there and had nothing to do with the topic. players were told to get back on topic and ignroed it. this one was already made and posted in before I locked the other one.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bravo! Bravo!
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • xerosennin1989
    edited June 2013
    If you wanna know who its from gimme a goldspark lv1 and i'll pm you xD

And start the poll, wanna see that no with 80% votes

Votes per IP then, as accounts are easely made.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Votes per IP then, as accounts are easely made.

Unfortunately I don't think the forum poll system works like that. :/
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
    edited June 2013
    what forum is good for... checking general opinion, which i thin its pretty clear ;)

I'm talking about the IP based poll. I may have been confused on what you guys were asking, but an actual "click yes or no" poll is account based. But if it's just a stickied thread saying "respond in a post yes or no" then yeah that could possibly be done if the GMs decide to.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ye i got it dw, just saying that the general opinion is clear dont even think a poll is needed lol

general opinion is not that clear when players make alt accounts to make thier point
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • RDxVladimi - Nyos
    RDxVladimi - Nyos Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1 A server merge
  • xerosennin1989
    edited June 2013
    what forum is good for... checking general opinion, which i thin its pretty clear ;)

There can only be 2 reasons for ppl to be against this.

1) they lose monopoly on looting certain bosses
    2) pvpers on Illyfue will have a harder time in arena and such since Nyos is the pvp server

Yes maybe ppl will say they dont want pvp server, but its easely separated with PvE and PvP realms.

These reasons are ridiculous, really we need this activity boost.
    edited June 2013

2) pvpers on Illyfue will have a harder time in arena and such since Nyos is the pvp server

Yes maybe ppl will say they dont want pvp server, but its easely separated with PvE and PvP realms.

There's a lot more to it then just that.

But let's not go into it, and keep this topic about making a poll, don't want another war going back and forth between yes server merge and no server merge :/

• cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There's a lot more to it then just that.

But let's not go into it, and keep this topic about making a poll, don't want another war going back and forth between yes server merge and no server merge :/

I'm sorry to say, but I think, that this thread will go the same way as the other one.

Back to topic, I'm kinda worried about having a poll, because in the past people often found a way to trick PWE. That's why I think, that the chances of having a fair poll are kinda limited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    cireneila1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say, but I think, that this thread will go the same way as the other one.

Back to topic, I'm kinda worried about having a poll, because in the past people often found a way to trick PWE. That's why I think, that the chances of having a fair poll are kinda limited.

I agree. The whole thing is a bit too topsy turvy to really get legitimate reports on. A server merge in my opinion should be the "we've tried everything else and nothing worked or was feasible, so we have to merge the servers" fallback option. The main focus should be patching up the game and getting content that would help bring in more game traffic.

• miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Isnt that easy tbh for one simple reason, bases get placed in a new random realm each day, that will make half the bases pvp opened each day too, even though will be nice maybe pk all the nubs that come into a exo in a pk enabled base :3 (jk hehe=P)

Said that i wont mind either way (can even turn Illyfue pvp and i wont bother :P) except whan i read about "players chose 1 account bla bla", that mean we're gonna lose all except 1 account in case of merge?

If so ** that merge lmao.

Later and hf.

FatPris

Ps: btw pretty patethic from the OP talk about new challenges in 12v12 when HE's one of those that apply with 2 char and afk with one to make it a 11 V 12, go back to Nyos Failor pls....
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree. The whole thing is a bit too topsy turvy to really get legitimate reports on. A server merge in my opinion should be the "we've tried everything else and nothing worked or was feasible, so we have to merge the servers" fallback option. The main focus should be patching up the game and getting content that would help bring in more game traffic.

That's probably the most sensible thing you've said in a while. Lets hope the people in charge are actually listening.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • someonenewhere
    someonenewhere Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how about you solve all the bug problems before you create new ones - the old ones won't disappear magicly
  • skylii
    skylii Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    make a poll, ppl unite! :eek:

Illyfue:Beryll_ Berylynx

Nyos:Sky_Tear

Forever with Shishi_Gami/RoarStrand <3
  • Sanrize - Illyfue
    Sanrize - Illyfue Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just no for the idea of merge. ;\
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    Y_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As stated by me in a previous thread:

I love Illyfue the way it is
    I chose to play on an all PvE server
    Illyfue is ACE as is - period!

Nuff said :D

PS: My suggestion on how to bring people back to Nyos and repopulate their "dying" server: Cull all martians, aliens and E-peen'iated ego-inflated numbskulls ;)
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • someonenewhere
    someonenewhere Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    to see how much they troll you - look on server list :D a new server arived - Turkish :D