test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM threatening ban people...on Storm server

LibitinaMo - Storm LegionLibitinaMo - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
I am wondering if anyone knows anything about a GM getting onto Storm Server and saying they are going to Ban people.

I have missed seeing it myself but a lot of my guild mates have seen the yellow/gold banner on their screens.

Is this just a tasteless joke by the GM, a hacker, or do they really mean it????

Also, Has any one else seen it and gotten a SS of it ?

Thank you.
Post edited by LibitinaMo - Storm Legion on
LibitinaMorana - Dark Sin/Kinderd
xINUGAMIx - Divine Priest/Lycan
oODOLLYOo - Marksmen/Dwarf

Its going to crash, we shall all DC but its free to play so its alright by me. :p

Comments

• jellybean43jellybean43 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just got banned yesterday from nyos, me, my wife, all our acounts just banned, no explanation asked, no warning, anithing, today my email dont open, microsoft tells me someone has been using my mail.

Soo i dont know.

But that u post.... u should be scared i think.
  • LibitinaMo - Storm LegionLibitinaMo - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The thing is it is server wide. Almost everyone has seen it at some point during the day. With all the mass banning lately though I am starting to wonder what is going on. :confused:

Its going to crash, we shall all DC but its free to play so its alright by me. :p
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eyrda gets moose and muffins. Storm gets ban threats....

Kinda says something about each community of players, no?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Kadastran - Storm LegionKadastran - Storm Legion Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eyrda gets moose and muffins. Storm gets ban threats....

Kinda says something about each community of players, no?

things are pretty grim on Storm indeed!
    then again, it could be worse .....
    you could be on Storm :eek:

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS or gtfo :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud survivor of the Nova Pack promo Fiasco!
    Fail limit haz surprisingly not yet been reached by PWE
    Yes, Sarcasm is my middle name
  • Gwenny - EyrdaGwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see screen shots myself of whatever this was.
    A GM threatening banning seems ... odd. They were on Eyrda because of the Gold Spammers. That could be what the banning conversation could have been about. They're cracking down on those annoying spammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • greyjoykrakengreyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, way to completely misinterpret what I said >.>

I asked people to not imitate the gold sellers world chat spam, since someone did and was nearly banned for it by mistake. I didn't threaten to ban anyone, lol.
    edited May 2013
    Wow, way to completely misinterpret what I said >.>

I asked people to not imitate the gold sellers world chat spam, since someone did and was nearly banned for it by mistake. I didn't threaten to ban anyone, lol.

I'm curious. Are you guys able to add daily system messages? If so you could add one warning people of the sellers and to not buy from them or impersonate them. Might help keep people away...might :D

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see screen shots myself of whatever this was.
    A GM threatening banning seems ... odd. They were on Eyrda because of the Gold Spammers. That could be what the banning conversation could have been about. They're cracking down on those annoying spammers.

I can totally picture the scene :D The devs arrives to work on monday after the weekend. They all sit down in the brieffing room and learn about the goldspammers having their fun during the weekend (while there was NO-ONE @ the office working to monitor the game :D) and were like:

WHAT?! Spammers seeping in OUR CASH from our community while we werent here?!

SOMEONE CALL THE ARMY :mad: /gets out the guns --Pew Pew--
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jackie315jackie315 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The GM was making a joke, 90% of the players who were paying attention at the time understood exactly what he was talking about.
    rtHB0PF.jpg?1
    (For context, Trag had posted in world chat mimicking a gold spammer, but replacing gold with "<cencored> 10 sticks = $24.99")
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious. Are you guys able to add daily system messages? If so you could add one warning people of the sellers and to not buy from them or impersonate them. Might help keep people away...might :D

I'm not personally able to do that, but I do believe it possible. I would hope nobody is stupid enough to actually buy gold from them, that's a guaranteed way to get your account **** and/or banned.
    edited May 2013
    Wait.... Are u telling me there is some ppl making char spam about gold selling. Some players make fun of it and crak some jokes and u ban them?.

Think about it, if ppl joke with it no one takes it for real, soo players wont adventure on a scam.... U just killed the ppl who was oposing the gold sell.

Thats my point of view at least.

Just dont answer, think about it, meditate it, count to ten and then answer.

Why dont u just world chat its a scam to try to steal money from players?

what u did was like beating an actor who made a fool of a tirant in a far away country.

I mean WTF??
    edited May 2013
    I'm not personally able to do that, but I do believe it possible. I would hope nobody is stupid enough to actually buy gold from them, that's a guaranteed way to get your account **** and/or banned.

Yeah, wouldn't hurt to have that friendly reminder though if possible. Who knows what some new players might get themselves into haha. Not to mention (and this is a shot in the dark) but it might drive the sellers away seeing that the community is constantly warned to not buy from them.

edited May 2013
    Sorry delete that late post i got it wrong.

Could not read in game mesage COUSE IM BANNED.

Soo Never mind xd
    edited May 2013

Yes. The vast majority of your community knows better. Those of us gamers that has been playing MMOs (specially the veteran ones) knows that when youre tempted by it and do buy gold from them GoldSpammers, youll most liekly end up getting banned.

That being said,

Not everyone does know that. Ignoring it is as (if not more) stupid than the action of doing it in the first place. Among your community, you've got also relatively young players that might not be aware of this or even less young person but newcomers to the MMO genre of games that can also not know that those said GoldSpammers are acting illegally.

Yes, i know that even if you dont know about this, it does look suspiscious and that what looks suspiscious generally is, indeed, suspiscious and illegal. There are ways to ensure that those players, who are not aware of the danger of those illegal GoldSpammers, could be warned of this and not buy from them. What VagueAngel suggest is one of those measures easily doable.

my 2 coppers.

Peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• viiixviiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -rolls around- They come to Storm and I'm stuck at work, nuuu! Urgh, being a semi-responsibly semi-adult sucks.
    edited May 2013
    Yes. The vast majority of your community knows better. Those of us gamers that has been playing MMOs (specially the veteran ones) knows that when youre tempted by it and do buy gold from them GoldSpammers, youll most liekly end up getting banned.

That being said,

Not everyone does know that. Ignoring it is as (if not more) stupid than the action of doing it in the first place. Among your community, you've got also relatively young players that might not be aware of this or even less young person but newcomers to the MMO genre of games that can also not know that those said GoldSpammers are acting illegally.

Yes, i know that even if you dont know about this, it does look suspiscious and that what looks suspiscious generally is, indeed, suspiscious and illegal. There are ways to ensure that those players, who are not aware of the danger of those illegal GoldSpammers, could be warned of this and not buy from them. What VagueAngel suggest is one of those measures easily doable.

my 2 coppers.

Peace

I definitely agree, I wasn't trying to say I didn't think it was a good idea, and I will be suggesting this to the people who are able to implement a message like what VA proposed.
    We're certainly not ignoring the situation, the fact that I've been going in game on a GM account should show you that (hint: that's WAY not my job ^^). We've banned hundreds of accounts tied to these guys in the last few weeks, but they're quite...tenacious.
    viiix wrote: »
    -rolls around- They come to Storm and I'm stuck at work, nuuu! Urgh, being a semi-responsibly semi-adult sucks.

I'll probably be back on later today, maybe you'll catch me then and we can talk about muffins =)
    edited May 2013
    Banning the gold scammer is fine but some of my guys didnt even put anything in world chat about it and got that message from the GM.

edited May 2013
    Banning the gold scammer is fine but some of my guys didnt even put anything in world chat about it and got that message from the GM.

It was an event-type message, everybody online got it.
    The messages were:
    "PLease do not imitate Gold Sellers"
    "I seriously almost banned you TragafarLaw"

Sorry if anyone got scared because they misunderstood the message, but I in no way intended that to look like a threat.
    edited May 2013
    It was an event-type message, everybody online got it.
    The messages were:
    "PLease do not imitate Gold Sellers"
    "I seriously almost banned you TragafarLaw"

Sorry if anyone got scared because they misunderstood the message, but I in no way intended that to look like a threat.

Well, you scared some of my guildies and my brother in law to death. That was the first msg he saw when he got on. He thought he was going to get banned. :p

• TimSnow - LionheartTimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackie315 wrote: »
    The GM was making a joke, 90% of the players who were paying attention at the time understood exactly what he was talking about.
    rtHB0PF.jpg?1
    (For context, Trag had posted in world chat mimicking a gold spammer, but replacing gold with "<cencored> 10 sticks = $24.99")

At some point I think yesterday or the day before, a golden message that seemed rather weird appeared on Lionheart. Not entirely sure what it said anymore, since I forgot, but I am used to seeing GMs post in Red, since Loki and Crab used to all the time, seeing golden made me rather suspicious.
    edited May 2013
    At some point I think yesterday or the day before, a golden message that seemed rather weird appeared on Lionheart. Not entirely sure what it said anymore, since I forgot, but I am used to seeing GMs post in Red, since Loki and Crab used to all the time, seeing golden made me rather suspicious.

I think gold is what is used for the banner/server wide ones. Its the one I see when a GM logs on.

edited May 2013
    I'll probably be back on later today, maybe you'll catch me then and we can talk about muffins =)

I'll hold you to that! Moose and muffins are amazing topics that should be future explored in depth.
  • Gaslen - LionheartGaslen - Lionheart Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "The Banhammer is getting a workout today." Dx not the best thing to see when you ALT+K and your game freezes and thats on the middle of the screen.
    Gaslen Lv 90 Bloodlust Warrior
    Mertyll Lv 90 Glacial Priest
    KageJr Lv 90 Precsion Marksmen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miciocicciomiciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just got banned yesterday from nyos, me, my wife, all our acounts just banned, no explanation asked, no warning, anithing, today my email dont open, microsoft tells me someone has been using my mail.

Soo i dont know.

But that u post.... u should be scared i think.

Among all the trollage about muffins and all tink that this post is the most interesting.

This early morning i got a sms from google telling me my mail was blocked cuz an attempt to access it from a suspicius ip (from china).

Granted no one in game know any of my details and ofc dont even bother to think about those 2 years old bots that in fact offer to pretty much rip off you is kinda fishy that someone tried to access at the mail associated at my main account.

In game all was fine and just to be sure changed email pass (oh and set max privacy on account too just to be sure :P) , still never happened **** like that in more than 2 years.

FatPris
  • conterkillerconterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol... i'v seen so many people that claim to be banned and lost their email accounts too..

pretty sure they followed the goldsellers links and got ****.. ROFLMAO!!

• Thaynia - IllyfueThaynia - Illyfue Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO at the fact the Storm server actually appears to have GMs doing something. On Illyfue we've seen absolutely nothing. Just constant gold spammers all day errday. People just ignore them now, from what I've seen in world chat, but seriously. Try and get a GM to deal with the European servers and ban the gold spammers? (It's not hard to pick out whether someone is a gold spammer/a legit player trying to be funny in world chat so I'm not particularly worried about GMs threatening to ban legitimate people, though lols if players were actually stupid enough to pretend to be gold spammers just for a crappy laugh.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back. And by abyss, I mean PWE Customer Support
  • Emarta - Storm LegionEmarta - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's also interesting about the event system is that the first line got spammed away. I myself only saw the Ban line -and I saw it forever later. I tried scrollng back for what it was about, but for all I could see it was someone signing a "I almost banned you.' message. Didn't help I sorta recognized the name at all... would have been better had I not recognized them at all.

Of course if it printed as a system message or up in the skybox, I'd have seen the whole thing and wondered just what silliness I'd missed. Silliness is fun `-`v

So I guess the event system needs a delay attached? If you come out of bosskey mode they happen too fast and you're only left with the last one.

Oooh. Imagine you're in some instance for the first time. GM sends out:

"Oh Muffins..."
    "You are delicious."

You only see the second line, and clog up the instance flow freaking out that something is after your face. Afterall you just saw only the second line and might have missed the first. :eek:
    edited May 2013

"Oh Muffins..."
    "You are delicious."

You only see the second line, and clog up the instance flow freaking out that something is after your face. Afterall you just saw only the second line and might have missed the first. :eek:

This is when you bust out the "oh yes, eat me, eat me good~" WCs, IJS. ;p
  • Gwenny - EyrdaGwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO at the fact the Storm server actually appears to have GMs doing something. On Illyfue we've seen absolutely nothing. Just constant gold spammers all day errday. People just ignore them now, from what I've seen in world chat, but seriously. Try and get a GM to deal with the European servers and ban the gold spammers? (It's not hard to pick out whether someone is a gold spammer/a legit player trying to be funny in world chat so I'm not particularly worried about GMs threatening to ban legitimate people, though lols if players were actually stupid enough to pretend to be gold spammers just for a crappy laugh.)

They were in Eyrda yesterday. They could be doing one a server at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr