About the delayed maintenance (not a complain)

Atyllene - Lionheart
Atyllene - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion

We are delaying the maintenance for additional 24 hours. With that, the new maintenance time will be 11:00PM PDT, 5/09.

We have a patch ready for today. However, we are working with the devs to implement the arena reward items (now missing, but they were once available from the arena NPC before our last content update) into an alternate NPC. While delaying the maintenance is not welcomed by both us and the FW community, we felt that it would be important to try our best to provide what the community needs, especially when we are taking away the players' playtime by closing the servers for the maintenance.

With this being said, we will try our best to implement the items by EOD and have the patch ready by the tomorrow's maintenance.

- Forsaken World Team

That being said, and if the patch was delayed to 05/09 11:00PM PDT, then what is steam downloading? And why that file size?

esvrqr.jpg

Side notes:

I stopped playing this game for a few months and reinstalled it like a week ago, fully patched. I'm sure i updated it correctly or else i wouldn't have been able to enter the server.
Post edited by Atyllene - Lionheart on

Comments

• VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That being said, and if the patch was delayed to 05/09 11:00PM PDT, then what is steam downloading? And why that file size?

esvrqr.jpg

Side notes:

I stopped playing this game for a few months and reinstalled it like a week ago, fully patched. I'm sure i updated it correctly or else i wouldn't have been able to enter the server.

If I remember correctly, steam sometimes does it's own "maintenance" on games. Any updating for FW from PWE is done through the patcher, not steam. It could be verifying the files or things like that. If you start your patcher, what client version does it show?
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Atyllene - Lionheart
    Atyllene - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Before i uninstalled it and temporarily quit, i had it installed on steam for about 1 year and never had that kind of steam "maintenance".
    edited May 2013

Before i uninstalled it and temporarily quit, i had it installed on steam for about 1 year and never had that kind of steam "maintenance".

Neither have I. In fact, I checked steam when I saw your thread and I didn't have any updates, nor any update history for the game. It is possible that some files became corrupt and were replaced, not sure though. It definitely seems like with a file size that big it was content.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • solidsnake94
    solidsnake94 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya my fw on steam also is on an update now. did not delete it or do anything its installing as we speak,

:P ur not alone on this part i belive
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So to ensure that another weekend is spoiled, we do not only rely on "network settings" and maintenance but additionally implement another "near to perfect" patch while several players still have a non functioning launcher/patcher.

Lets just hope that at least the workarounds for the bugged launcher still work with this patch, after last months experiences i have an extremely bad feeling about this.

Will at least this time somebody watch the forums when this stuff goes live or will you again wait until the manure hits the air moving device, then sleep it out again for a day or two ?
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Well, my steam is updating the game as well. I'll see if I can get some information for you guys on the subject.

• bluescull
    bluescull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, we did make some changes to the Steam version. This shouldn't effect your experience at all but if a new player installs through steam they'll get a more recent version. Thanks for your attentiveness!
  • Deicidea - Storm Legion
    Deicidea - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Steam Update reset all of my Settings in game. >.<
    I'm a Carebear, I PewPew with Rainbows and Butterflies.
    (>")> ==--- <3<3<3
    Characters:
    Deicidea - 5x Rebel Priest // Livid - 4x Dark Assassin
    Melodei - 4x Light Bard // LickMyLoli - 3x Burst Marksman
    Gwendolynne - 3x Aegis Warrior // Cappadocia - 3x Blood Vampire
  • RhaeTargaryen - Storm Legion
    RhaeTargaryen - Storm Legion Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait...You can get steam to work? Lucky you, mine crashes when I try to launch/update it.