Non-bound gear fortification cost?

psyhobunny69
psyhobunny69 Posts: 50 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Was wondering,how many SC and gold is aproximately needed to fortify non-bound white piece of lv30 gear to 12/12? Never tried it,I got curious about it,since I got craploads of SC on my accounts
Post edited by psyhobunny69 on

Comments

• viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For mage white 3x hands, it was 5.xx gold per try from 11 to 12. The total depends on your luck, but I highly recommend that you use a gray piece instead, which is less than 1 gold per try. The SC depends on your luck as well, but I've heard that the average is about 100 per 12/12.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soul gold can not be used to fortify non-bound gear
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • psyhobunny69
    edited May 2013
    That's gonna be quite a ride to find a gray piece of gear.xD :) But thanks,I appreciate it. ^^ I got over 200 SC so it shouldn't be that big trouble. Thought it was going to cost a bit more than usual,but seems not like it,if it is only 1g per try at 11/12. :) Thanks again man.^
  • psyhobunny69
    edited May 2013
    Soul gold can not be used to fortify non-bound gear

SC = Star Crystal mate. :)
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited May 2013
    SC = Star Crystal mate. :)

Totally misread, saw an S, saw gold, stopped reading ;p

Oops.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's gonna be quite a ride to find a gray piece of gear.xD :) But thanks,I appreciate it. ^^ I got over 200 SC so it shouldn't be that big trouble. Thought it was going to cost a bit more than usual,but seems not like it,if it is only 1g per try at 11/12. :) Thanks again man.^

Oops, forgot to mention this before, but the money cost depends on the piece as well. Weapon is the most expensive while chest and pants are the least (I think). Usually, pieces with attack will cost more than pieces with defense.
  • RattIesnak - Lionheart
    RattIesnak - Lionheart Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest farming lost lighthouse for the grey gears, don't even need full run just kill first boss (shark dude) leave and come back in :P
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    Y_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest farming lost lighthouse for the grey gears, don't even need full run just kill first boss (shark dude) leave and come back in :P

No need to kill the 1st Boss, collect the mobs in the first area (dodge the Boss) and kill them all. You should get at least one lvl 3x item per run.

Also note that it is not required to collect gear for your class. To transfer the fortified 12/12 piece it must be bound. To accomplish this, embed a bound gem in one of the slots and voila!

This implies that if you are a Vamp, you can fortify a marksman grey weapon to 12/12, embed a bound gem in one of the slots and then transfer the fortification (and gem) to your lvl 77 Vamp weapon.

The biggest expense is to transfer the fortification (you will need a pocket full of star diamonds and frags).
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • nikozeb
    nikozeb Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was wondering,how many SC and gold is aproximately needed to fortify non-bound white piece of lv30 gear to 12/12? Never tried it,I got curious about it,since I got craploads of SC on my accounts

I just finished making this spreadsheet of gear fortification costs of Star Crystals, and there is Gem making cost and builds on another sheet (in same file), and a mastery and resistance cost another sheet.

See post: http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4428771#post4428771

Let me know if you have problems viewing it. Some of the tables are large; I recommend downloading or using google sheets (After going to the link -> File ->Open With -> Google Sheets). Much easier to view in imo. To switch sheets, there are tabs at the bottom (Fortify, Gems, Mastery).
  • nana
    nana Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nikozeb wrote: »
    I just finished making this spreadsheet of gear fortification costs of Star Crystals, and there is Gem making cost and builds on another sheet (in same file), and a mastery and resistance cost another sheet.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzyggSjxC98iY2NtMGJpZTJMUjg/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have problems viewing it. Some of the tables are large; I recommend downloading or using google sheets (After going to the link -> File ->Open With -> Google Sheets). Much easier to view in imo. To switch sheets, there are tabs at the bottom (Fortify, Gems, Mastery).

Awesome spreadsheet, thank you. :)

Can I ask one question though, is there any Star Diamond difference between transferring grey and white gear to 77lv purple? I've only tried with white gear for now, but grey gear seems a lot cheaper.
  • nikozeb
    nikozeb Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nana wrote: »
    Awesome spreadsheet, thank you. :)

Can I ask one question though, is there any Star Diamond difference between transferring grey and white gear to 77lv purple? I've only tried with white gear for now, but grey gear seems a lot cheaper.

Thanks and you're welcome :).

I don't have much experience in transferring as I only did it with a few pieces of gear last fall. But I do know that the greater the difference between to two pieces of gear the greater the cost, both soul gold and star diamonds and debris. The color of the gear matters: the higher the rarity color the better for minimizing the costs. Also having gems embedded while transferring also increases the cost. Depending on your purchaser rewards level, some low level transfers are free. Check your level and how high you can transfer for free. If you can, fortify low level gear (any color), then free transfer to the highest dark blue gear (or purple if you have low purples within the free range), then regular transfer to your target gear. If you don't have free transfer available, I recommend fortifying level 55-65 shard gear (light blue, 50% reduced refining costs) and then transferring to your target gear.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nikozeb wrote: »
    Also having gems embedded while transferring also increases the cost. Depending on your purchaser rewards level, some low level transfers are free. Check your level and how high you can transfer for free. If you can, fortify low level gear (any color), then free transfer to the highest dark blue gear (or purple if you have low purples within the free range), then regular transfer to your target gear. If you don't have free transfer available, I recommend fortifying level 55-65 shard gear (light blue, 50% reduced refining costs) and then transferring to your target gear.

In my experience gems don't affect the cost of transferring at all. Additionally the free low level transfers with purchaser rewards is only for gear of the same quality level. (Grey>grey, light blue>light blue etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited May 2013
    In my experience gems don't affect the cost of transferring at all. Additionally the free low level transfers with purchaser rewards is only for gear of the same quality level. (Grey>grey, light blue>light blue etc.)

Yes, but grey 30 > light blue 30 then using free transfer to 60 light blue > 77 purple is cheaper than 30 grey straight to 77 purple.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]