Petition To Change Swift Transform!

LadyLevanthen - Eyrda
LadyLevanthen - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mage Discussion
All right you mageys out there! We need to band together to make a somewhat useless skill, useful. Seriously, how many other classes have an ATTACK skill that HEALS their opponent? As it currently stands Swift Transform is an occasionally useful skill, but only in rare circumstances. Especially as a fire mage with no stun/paralyze effects to speak of, what else could this skill possibly be for than to allow us to run away? And what self respecting mage HEALS their opponent to do so!

FIX THIS PLEASE!
Post edited by LadyLevanthen - Eyrda on

Comments

• Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All right you mageys out there! We need to band together to make a somewhat useless skill, useful. Seriously, how many other classes have an ATTACK skill that HEALS their opponent? As it currently stands Swift Transform is an occasionally useful skill, but only in rare circumstances. Especially as a fire mage with no stun/paralyze effects to speak of, what else could this skill possibly be for than to allow us to run away? And what self respecting mage HEALS their opponent to do so!

FIX THIS PLEASE!

I agree that it sucks that Transform heals our opponents... but if you use Runes to max out Swift Transform and Magic Suppression, you'll reduce the cooldown time to 10secs, increase the time a player is transformed and reduce the amount of health that is restored.

Transform is one of the most valuable skills a Mage has in PvP, if used correctly it will allow you to get the first hit in on your opponent and they will be helpless. If you get your DPS up high enough, you can trans someone and kill them in 1-2 shots before they can respond.

I love my maxed-out Transform... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • chowcan
    chowcan Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

FIX THIS PLEASE!

is something broken?
  • divinati0n
    divinati0n Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that it sucks that Transform heals our opponents... but if you use Runes to max out Swift Transform and Magic Suppression, you'll reduce the cooldown time to 10secs, increase the time a player is transformed and reduce the amount of health that is restored.

Transform is one of the most valuable skills a Mage has in PvP, if used correctly it will allow you to get the first hit in on your opponent and they will be helpless. If you get your DPS up high enough, you can trans someone and kill them in 1-2 shots before they can respond.

I love my maxed-out Transform... :D

Ur right, if you max out your Transform Skills, including runes in Adv.Transform and goat those pesky Prots/Wars from healer and morph them, pop WD, and AoE the rest, their screwed. :cool:
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    ReinaStark - Lionheart Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divinati0n wrote: »
    Ur right, if you max out your Transform Skills, including runes in Adv.Transform and goat those pesky Prots/Wars from healer and morph them, pop WD, and AoE the rest, their screwed. :cool:

purify. purify. purify. If there's one thing I learned from facing Vorbis in PvP it's how important it is for the priest to purify :p

though ofc, if you're an elf priest and you're the one getting constantly transformed, you're in for a very very very bad time - esp if it's alternated with vampire bonds (*・)σσσ(*゜Д゜*)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fire mage can cast magic purge just after transfo that is applying a debuff. Then the priest isnt purging transfo but a low resi debuff :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    ReinaStark - Lionheart Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fire mage can cast magic purge just after transfo that is applying a debuff. Then the priest isnt purging transfo but a low resi debuff :p

oh that is true~ I forget fire mages can lock purify because they're essentially an extinct breed in pvp on my server :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    such a shame, fire is such a strong pvp build imo. a bit harder to play i think than water, but can be much more deadly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.