Lingering Fire

LadyLevanthen - Eyrda
LadyLevanthen - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mage Discussion
"Fire spells apply the Lingering Fire effect to paralyzed targets, instantly causing damage equal to 2% of your max Mana"

So, as a Fire Mage without any paralyze skills...isn't this obsolete?
Post edited by LadyLevanthen - Eyrda on

Comments

• DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Fire spells apply the Lingering Fire effect to paralyzed targets, instantly causing damage equal to 2% of your max Mana"

Thunder clap has a 40% chance to paralyze, which can be increased with some points in wind, and if you're partied with a wind mage they have several skills that are 100% to paralyze
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was a Lv80 Fire Mage... then switched to Lightning. When I was a fire mage, I didn't put any points into Lingering Blaze, because I had very little chance of paralyzing anything. IMHO the points are better spent elsewhere.

But if you are going to put points into Lingering Blaze... just make sure to re-order your attacks so that your paralyzing attack hits just before your fire attacks hit... there may be a better chance of the effect actually working. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • divinati0n
    divinati0n Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They are some talents you don't really need in Fire tree such Flame Barrier, so you can just use points in the Lightning tree to contribute to Thunderclap's Paralysis effect, so it becomes 60% chance of paralysis to benefit the Lingering Fire effect.
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divinati0n wrote: »
    They are some talents you don't really need in Fire tree such Flame Barrier, so you can just use points in the Lightning tree to contribute to Thunderclap's Paralysis effect, so it becomes 60% chance of paralysis to benefit the Lingering Fire effect.

with the wind talent at 4/4 its a 100% chance, dunno if it worth it or not though. I've never tested it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
This discussion has been closed.