Nightmare Carnival trolls

Dextria - Illyfue
Dextria - Illyfue Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Heyhey, here I am again QQing. So, this has happened to me a lot of times now, and it's starting to annoy me a lot.

When in NC, we have a party just doing fine, untill the party leader starts to troll and just dismisses the party. We all miss exp, coins etc and it's just bloody annoying.

First question, is there anything I can do against those people like report them somewhere?

Second question, why the hell isn't it so when a party leader dismisses a party we get kicked out even though we make a new party with everyone who is still in the instance? This would solve it because it won't be fun to troll the people in an instance.
Post edited by Dextria - Illyfue on

Comments

• bibidupul
    bibidupul Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make a party before enter ? with friends , guild members , even random that are known as nice players
  • nekonaki
    nekonaki Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Get a 2/3 people pt before applying random that way u should get to keep lead and not have any troll issues.
  • LadyFairyt - Dyos
    LadyFairyt - Dyos Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always go there alone purely with my friends. We make a 3/3 group and do it relatively quickly through it. Had no problems so far. ;)
    "Don't be lasagna" - The Doctor
  • nomnomie
    nomnomie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry to hear thats been happening to you, but the best way to combat this is to make your own party even without friends make sure you have lead so you can control it.

Some people really do have nothing more to do than to "troll" which can be super frustrating so all the best, just do remember there still are some very nice people around :)
  • kiheiji
    kiheiji Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    nomnomie wrote: »
    sorry to hear thats been happening to you, but the best way to combat this is to make your own party even without friends make sure you have lead so you can control it.

Some people really do have nothing more to do than to "troll" which can be super frustrating so all the best, just do remember there still are some very nice people around :)

Not to disagree with your advice, but what if everyone thought this way? Parties wouldn't form because everyone would want lead. So clearly, that's not a viable solution on a universal basis.

Quite frankly, I agree with the OP. The problem is in the design of both how parties are formed/dissolved and how the instance reacts when a part is dissolved. With all due respect to everyone who as responded before me, none of those solutions work on a universal and reliable basis.

Unfortunately, I doubt there is anything that PWE can do, as I rather expect that it would have to be Wanmei who would have to make those kinds of changes. If this is correct, the most PWE could do would be to ask Wanmei to do something about making changes and hope Wanmei agrees.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiheiji wrote: »
    Not to disagree with your advice, but what if everyone thought this way? Parties wouldn't form because everyone would want lead. So clearly, that's not a viable solution on a universal basis.

Quite frankly, I agree with the OP. The problem is in the design of both how parties are formed/dissolved and how the instance reacts when a part is dissolved. With all due respect to everyone who as responded before me, none of those solutions work on a universal and reliable basis.

Unfortunately, I doubt there is anything that PWE can do, as I rather expect that it would have to be Wanmei who would have to make those kinds of changes. If this is correct, the most PWE could do would be to ask Wanmei to do something about making changes and hope Wanmei agrees.

That is correct. Unfortunately PWE can't change the game mechanics (if I recall correctly) so if they wanted something like this fixed, they'd have to contact Wanmei. The only other solution there is to help solve this issue is possibly getting a screenshot of the party being disbanded before the instance is over to report the person and submit a ticket. But even that might not really be enough. Just state that the person dismissed the party before the instance was completed along with a screenshot with the yellow "The party has been dismissed" text and see what can be done.

All you can really do is block those users that do that so you can prevent getting put in a party with them again.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • kissypops
    kissypops Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heyhey, here I am again QQing. So, this has happened to me a lot of times now, and it's starting to annoy me a lot.

When in NC, we have a party just doing fine, untill the party leader starts to troll and just dismisses the party. We all miss exp, coins etc and it's just bloody annoying.

First question, is there anything I can do against those people like report them somewhere?

Second question, why the hell isn't it so when a party leader dismisses a party we get kicked out even though we make a new party with everyone who is still in the instance? This would solve it because it won't be fun to troll the people in an instance.

Omg how awful, i've never had this issue .... Touch wood .. but thats awful there must be something you can do about that :(
    I always go there alone purely with my friends. We make a 3/3 group and do it relatively quickly through it. Had no problems so far. ;)

Same i usually start a party with at least two guildies
    [SIGPIC]http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o654/Kenzy_Littlemissnaughty_Rayne/kissypandy_zpse8e7c1bc.png[/SIGPIC]

Never Underestimate The Predictability Of Stupidity ...

<AzazealRayne's Princess>
  • psychobunny666
    psychobunny666 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever he dissbands,just reinvite ppl back to party,since u have 30secs until u leave instance automatically. And leave the nab that dissbanded to rot in hell. Simple as that.^
  • Harakhte - Illyfue
    Harakhte - Illyfue Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever he dissbands,just reinvite ppl back to party,since u have 30secs until u leave instance automatically. And leave the nab that dissbanded to rot in hell. Simple as that.^

But that's exactly where the problem lies - as said in the first post, whenever your party disbands you can reinvite as much as you want but you will still be kicked out of the instance.
  • kissypops
    edited May 2013
    Have u submitted a ticket hun?? ...
    I dunno if theres anything they can do but maybe it could be brought to a Gm's attention then if you still have the players name maybe some sort of action can be taken against him/her
    [SIGPIC]http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/o654/Kenzy_Littlemissnaughty_Rayne/kissypandy_zpse8e7c1bc.png[/SIGPIC]

• TidusInter - Storm Legion
    TidusInter - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is correct. Unfortunately PWE can't change the game mechanics (if I recall correctly) so if they wanted something like this fixed, they'd have to contact Wanmei. The only other solution there is to help solve this issue is possibly getting a screenshot of the party being disbanded before the instance is over to report the person and submit a ticket. But even that might not really be enough. Just state that the person dismissed the party before the instance was completed along with a screenshot with the yellow "The party has been dismissed" text and see what can be done.

All you can really do is block those users that do that so you can prevent getting put in a party with them again.

Even with the player/s blocked, you can STILL get put into a party with them.
    Alone..... dunno when I'll be back, but I loved you guys alot! ^^

OH, AND HI! ^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! :P
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=375271
  • kissypops
    edited May 2013
    Even with the player/s blocked, you can STILL get put into a party with them.

Well that sucks :(

• TimSnow - Lionheart
    TimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Blocking someone, only prevents you from seeing anything they say. Parties you have almost no control over, unless you make it yourself. I've never had an issue like this in NC, atleast not for a few months.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blocking someone, only prevents you from seeing anything they say. Parties you have almost no control over, unless you make it yourself. I've never had an issue like this in NC, atleast not for a few months.

Ah. I've never blocked anyone before. I didn't think it was just a text block.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • TimSnow - Lionheart
    TimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah. I've never blocked anyone before. I didn't think it was just a text block.

There needs to be in-game Staff, that actually monitor and play the game, not people who pretend they do. It's pointless, abuse, harrassment.

The staff expect players to report ToS breakers etc, but what's the point when there's a serious lack of communication?
  • Destrucio - Illyfue
    Destrucio - Illyfue Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bibidupul wrote: »
    make a party before enter ? with friends , guild members , even random that are known as nice players

Thats the best idea i`ve ever heard.
    Before saying something READ FORUM and you will be heared:cool:
    Bird of Hermes is my name,
    Eating my wings to make me tame.
  • BellaCain - Lionheart
    BellaCain - Lionheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i only go through runs with guild members, random people dont seem to understand how my computer works and it is annoying when almost to an end like said in first post and ppl are just disbanded and you get nothing for all that.
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not just add a vote to the party dismiss system.

If you're in an instance and lead hits dismiss, accidental or purposeful, party can vote yes/no to dismiss or not. Out of an instance or "instance is closing" timer starts; it dismisses normally.
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was reading this thread and thinking that maybe it's not a Troll dismissing the party, but rather a Lead who is DCing in the middle of the instance? :confused:

With all the realms disappearing and constant DCs, this may be more of a technical issue, than a player issue... and when the party leader DCs, I think the game automatically dismisses the party or automatically sends the "party dismissed" message?

I could be wrong... but I've seen things like that happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Why not just add a vote to the party dismiss system.

If you're in an instance and lead hits dismiss, accidental or purposeful, party can vote yes/no to dismiss or not. Out of an instance or "instance is closing" timer starts; it dismisses normally.

That's an EXCELLENT idea... and they already have a system in place for that, when/if the lead tries to kick someone from the party. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • Harakhte - Illyfue
    Harakhte - Illyfue Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was reading this thread and thinking that maybe it's not a Troll dismissing the party, but rather a Lead who is DCing in the middle of the instance? :confused:

With all the realms disappearing and constant DCs, this may be more of a technical issue, than a player issue... and when the party leader DCs, I think the game automatically dismisses the party or automatically sends the "party dismissed" message?

I could be wrong... but I've seen things like that happen.

Sadly, no. He said "NC is over" in party chat, dismissed the party, said "lol" in normal chat and used town teleport to leave before we could even respond.

And, as far as I know, DC's don't dismiss parties. :(
  • kissypops
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, no. He said "NC is over" in party chat, dismissed the party, said "lol" in normal chat and used town teleport to leave before we could even respond.

And, as far as I know, DC's don't dismiss parties. :(

Thats awful, Like him leaving the party wasnt bad enough. But he laughs about what his just done, small minded ignorant person. :(

• eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, that's not the case. When a lead dc's, the system passes lead to another person and the former lead stays in the party.
  • kiheiji
    kiheiji Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Sadly, that's not the case. When a lead dc's, the system passes lead to another person and the former lead stays in the party.

Actually, what happens to the former lead is dependent upon what happens. If they simply get disconnected for a short time but the game remains running, then yes, the character remains in the party. If a long period of time passes or if the game stops running, or if the player logs on to another character on that account, the former lead character is dropped from the party.