Forsaken World facts (part 1)

cireneila1
cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Just a few facts about FW

Forsaken World is a free-to-play game
True, but the words "free-to-play" are misleading. It means, that PWE is free to play with the playerbase patience. PWE is free to implement bugs, blow up their own servers, etc.

Now seriously, PWE is a NASDAQ rated company. They aren't saints or the Salvation Army. PWE is a profit oriented (a very greedy one - my personal opinion) company. Tbh, I never saw something really "free" on the internet. It's true that FW isn't forcing players to pay with real money, but the so called Non-CSer pay in a different currency - time. The free game content's task is to keep the servers populated in order to attract the real money spending customer.

Forsaken World is a MMORPG
False, because it's a MMO-Economy-Simulation-Game. It seems that a lot of players are focused on ingame business only. Why else there are so many "I want/demand merc bogo" or "Gimme more free SC (because I want to sell a lot of 12/12 gear)" posts?

Forsaken World has an "unique" leveling sytem
True, it's very unique. A new char is leveling like hell in this game. A "real" new player has nearly no chance to learn how to play his char in the low levels. This could cause some frustration for the new and old players. I think, that not everyone likes a lvl70 (for example) newbie asking very basic questions and a lvl70 newbie ofc feels "strange" to ask such questions close to max level.

Have you ever asked yourself, why the maximum level is 80 (for so long)? I found 2 possible answers:
The developers just only made a launchable game to make as much money as possible and to see what happen. Sometimes it feels like that FW was never meant to be online so long as it is now.
The other reason is, that PWE wants the players to be bored after reaching lvl80 and to make them creating an alt (or more). This should make the players spend some real money for their alts.Tbh, this is the most fitting reason for me and that's why I don't expect a higher maximum level soon.

Forsaken World is PvP oriented only
True, FW is a 100% PvP. Even on PvE servers, there is just only PvP. And tbh, the PvP in FW is very unfair.
I guess, I should explain it more before some of you explode...:D
PvP stands for "Player versus PWE". There is only one all time winner in this fight, and now make a guess who it is.
PWE is able to use:
Ultimate weapon: The banhammer (1 hit kills garanteed)
Soulforce Skill: Rollback (all selfmade problems and mistakes disappear with one click)
Protection Skill: Deadly Silence (let the players rage in forum without saying anything)
Self Blessing Skill: Sorry for the inconvenience (lately used like a mantra)
Pet: Support Drone (aka mailbot)
Pet Skill: Confusion (most answers aren't helping or not being problem related)

Forsaken World is a game
True, FW is a game - nothing more and nothing less. A game is meant to make fun. So please PWE, stop ruining the game by failing. And also some players shouldn't take the game too serious (especially the PvP part, because it became harder to find good looser and even harder to find good winner)

Just a few things at the end. I was too lazy to mark every sarcastic part with <sarcasm>, but I think you'll find it without it. And dear mods, I think, that this post belongs in this forum section, because I want to ask other players about their mood with FW now.

P.S. If you ask yourself, why I named it "part 1". I keep it like Mel Brooks, I'm not sure if there will be a second part, but it sounds better;)

Edit: Maybe you should take a look at post #8...
Post edited by cireneila1 on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i nominate this post for "i want the 30 seconds of my life back, post of the year"
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i nominate this post for "i want the 30 seconds of my life back, post of the year"

I second your nomination therby qualifying and validation the creation of forewritten tiltle and compeetion, and thereby allowing any other post or comment hence forth to be subjecated to or above the quality of prior post in recognizition of said competion.
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tl;dr

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ about PWE/FW

Go play another game ffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited April 2013
    this thread is now about..... things that were amazing when you were a kid.

newgrounds.com/assassin

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBjUh4bYF8w
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited April 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVjFAtHbJ-oRxnR1LC2Dd1gnIqminbMtsOsw5iR2vyYxi9nwwJRQ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cireneila1 wrote: »
    False, because it's a MMO-Economy-Simulation-Game. It seems that a lot of players are focused on ingame business only. Why else there are so many "I want/demand merc bogo" or "Gimme more free SC (because I want to sell a lot of 12/12 gear)" posts?
    First of all it not an economy simulation game what you talking about is just greedy players who collecting a lot of gold to improve their main char.If we want to play economy games we just download some of the tycon games and enjoy real economy simulation.
    This speed-up leveling system added in the last year because the chinese players qq-ed the forums about the slow leveling.And why its slow in the upper levels? Because in almost every level-up games configurated to slow down the leveling speed in the higher levels.(expect ****/cracked games and fastplay games)

True, FW is a 100% PvP. Even on PvE servers, there is just only PvP. And tbh, the PvP in FW is very unfair.
    I guess, I should explain it more before some of you explode...
    PvP stands for "Player versus PWE". There is only one all time winner in this fight, and now make a guess who it is.
    PWE is able to use:
    Soulforce Skill: Rollback (all selfmade problems and mistakes disappear with one click)
    Protection Skill: Deadly Silence (let the players rage in forum without saying anything)

-We dont discouss ban on the forums.
    -There was only 1 rollback.
    -Dont get an answer?Try again or send support tickets!
    -Seriously dont you even get more mad if someone do something wrong and he dont even says an excuse?
    -I dont get any mails from here.
    -If they dont know what is the exact problem or how to solve it they cant give out any helpful answer.
  • cireneila1
    edited April 2013
    This was way too easy. I thought, that it would take longer.

Anyways, thank you all for your replies. You helped me a lot to show, that trolls can't deal with sarcasm which isn't explecit marked as sarcasm.

I just gave a summery of discussions which happen in the forum lately:
    - It's f2p, so don't expect anaything
    - I want a merc bogo (reference: Juuz)
    - Leveling is too easy (was discussed in the "nostalgic server" at anniversary discussion)
    - PvP is unbalanced, etc

The only not sarcastic part was:
    Forsaken World is a game
    True, FW is a game - nothing more and nothing less. A game is meant to make fun.
    (btw, I don't see any QQ in this)

Result:

Save the trolls - mark sarcasm!!!

P.S. The "I-don't-like-it-that's-why-I-try-to-make-the-post-being-moved-to-the-off topic section" isn't really nice;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Destrucio - Illyfue
    Destrucio - Illyfue Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1 All i see wall of pointless text.
    Before saying something READ FORUM and you will be heared:cool:
    Bird of Hermes is my name,
    Eating my wings to make me tame.
  • Juuz - Eyrda
    Juuz - Eyrda Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You forgot to cite references in ur essay. As the key contributor of the merc promo threads I don't appreciate that. U should always cite ur references to avoid plagurism, not to mention it is good writing etiquette
  • cireneila1
    edited April 2013
    You forgot to cite references in ur essay. As the key contributor of the merc promo threads I don't appreciate that. U should always cite ur references to avoid plagurism, not to mention it is good writing etiquette

Thx for your advice. Edited my last post. I guess, that you got what I was aiming for;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inzho - Eyrda
    Inzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But its true, PWE is a company so its aim is to make money. This op is in fact correct wether he is qqing or not it is in fact pure truth.

Ok sure we could have some fun playing for free but you aint gonna get into certain instances, guilds and definitely pvp content unless you are willing to pay wether its with time or real money or both.

Why get so defensive? is it your company? It is what is it is. Heck I cash shop, I know what it is and I enjoy the heck out of this game even when I'm qqing about the stupidly poor CN idea of game balance!
  • Lord_Loki_ - Eyrda
    Lord_Loki_ - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    QQ I missed how this game used to be like two years ago BUT if you don't like it, go play another game. Simple as that. BUT you will also not find a lot of games that are better than FW. I like FW because a lot of the classes are very well thought out and intricate, giving you a lot of options. For example, bards and vampires. You will not find those classes really anywhere else, as far as I know. I play Jade Dynasty and Perfect World International from this company, and FW is the best one by far. Best graphics, easiest game play (PvE anyways), and pretty simple. When I first joined this game I had no problem figuring out what to do. If I needed to know something, all I did was Google it. I wish more people realized that you can do that for a game LOL.
    BUT, I think FW is more of a game for seasoned online MMO/RPG players. Any other seasoned player will tell you that EVERY online game has bugs and issues, you have to GET OVER IT. NO ONE IS PERFECT, NOT EVEN ONLINE GAMING COMPANIES! (Surprise suprise!) Any other game also has a strong economy, and sometimes to get what you need you have to CS or buy from other players. Half of my fortune is from running instances and selling gear and weapons, so anyone can do it. I'm also an alchemist, chef, artisan, etc etc. Offhands and jewelry will go for a long way IF they're good. Now stop complaining and leave if you don't like the game, because personally I love FW and I'll pretty much always be here. Thank you.
    "I am the judge, juror, and executioner, because I killed them all."-Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dost thou even hoist, brother?
    Yes my real name is Loki. My real life picy is at tinyurl.com/lokibby
    Engaged in crime I grasp my throat, enraged my mind starts to smoke, enforce a mental overload, angry again, angry again.
    I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
  • Odromir - Illyfue
    Odromir - Illyfue Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just love coming back to the forums in the morning after 'merca has had it for the evening.

TROLLS-TROLLS-EVERYWHERE-1.jpg
    Ghorak - Level 80 Protector - Illyfue
  • cireneila1
    edited April 2013
    QQ I missed how this game used to be like two years ago BUT if you don't like it, go play another game. Simple as that. BUT you will also not find a lot of games that are better than FW. I like FW because a lot of the classes are very well thought out and intricate, giving you a lot of options. For example, bards and vampires. You will not find those classes really anywhere else, as far as I know. I play Jade Dynasty and Perfect World International from this company, and FW is the best one by far. Best graphics, easiest game play (PvE anyways), and pretty simple. When I first joined this game I had no problem figuring out what to do. If I needed to know something, all I did was Google it. I wish more people realized that you can do that for a game LOL.
    BUT, I think FW is more of a game for seasoned online MMO/RPG players. Any other seasoned player will tell you that EVERY online game has bugs and issues, you have to GET OVER IT. NO ONE IS PERFECT, NOT EVEN ONLINE GAMING COMPANIES! (Surprise suprise!) Any other game also has a strong economy, and sometimes to get what you need you have to CS or buy from other players. Half of my fortune is from running instances and selling gear and weapons, so anyone can do it. I'm also an alchemist, chef, artisan, etc etc. Offhands and jewelry will go for a long way IF they're good. Now stop complaining and leave if you don't like the game, because personally I love FW and I'll pretty much always be here. Thank you.

I'll keep it short... *points at post #8*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • K_BooM - Illyfue
    K_BooM - Illyfue Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i feel and think almost the same as cireneila does
    the truth is that FW is not the same kind of game as it was released in march 2011
    that could be a good thing or a bad one, its up to you to decide
    if you still like the game stay here and play if not just quit or take a long break and return after 1 year, if the game still exists
    you will not change anything here, they wont listen to you, they never did they never will
    FW was a nice game to play now its just a milky cow for them, consuming your time and grabbing your money
    for PWI/PWE the game is just a business and they will keep it running if they will make profit and thats the only thing everybody must understand and accept
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Facts" Your facts sure are full of opinions.
    ac1.jpg
    Forsaken World is a free-to-play game
    True, but the words "free-to-play" are misleading. It means, that PWE is free to play with the playerbase patience. PWE is free to implement bugs, blow up their own servers, etc.

You're confusing "free-to-play" and "ownership". Did you pay anything to install, start the game, or create your character? No? Free-to-play.
    "Ownership," weather free or not, means they can do whatever they wish to their game, whenever they please. Don't believe me? Go compare (for the sake of not namedropping) a certain MMO, that released pandas recently, to older versions.
    Now seriously, PWE is a NASDAQ rated company. They aren't saints or the Salvation Army. PWE is a profit oriented (a very greedy one - my personal opinion) company. Tbh, I never saw something really "free" on the internet. It's true that FW isn't forcing players to pay with real money, but the so called Non-CSer pay in a different currency - time. The free game content's task is to keep the servers populated in order to attract the real money spending customer.
    This game isn't NEARLY as bad as some other MMOs, and (sorry to stereotype, but) Asian MMOs tend to be like that. If you're not comfortable with that setup, you should avoid the genre.
    Now I know you're new to the genre. Newsflash: EVERY MMO (and single player rpg) forces its players to have to do buisness (with players or npcs) at one point or another. The games take a lot of money from the players (in 2 forms in this game) in order to improve your character. Obviously, this requires a player to learn some economics and make money, if they wish to continue improving.
    True, it's very unique. A new char is leveling like hell in this game. A "real" new player has nearly no chance to learn how to play his char in the low levels. This could cause some frustration for the new and old players. I think, that not everyone likes a lvl70 (for example) newbie asking very basic questions and a lvl70 newbie ofc feels "strange" to ask such questions close to max level.
    No one is forced to take the fast track, hell it's not even there for new players in most games. It's usually there for experience players to power level an alt or replacement toon. I have 0 sympathy for a new player that gets power leveled, the first thought in a new players mind should be "how to I play my class" not "what's the fastest way to level". Do quests, fight stuff, stay out of gt.
    Have you ever asked yourself, why the maximum level is 80 (for so long)?
    Reread my bit about "ownership". China is 80 (unless I missed some news) so we're 80. Deal with it or move on.
    Forsaken World is PvP oriented only...
    Forsaken World is a game...
    I'm not in the right state of mind to deal with these opinions...
    Edit: Maybe you should take a look at post #8...
    Sarcasm, another word you're not adept at using. It's not a bandaid or excuse for being wrong. You still believe your BS, you're just angry about your BS.
  • cireneila1
    edited April 2013
    eberg33k wrote: »
    "Facts" Your facts sure are full of opinions.
    ac1.jpg

You're confusing "free-to-play" and "ownership". Did you pay anything to install, start the game, or create your character? No? Free-to-play.
    "Ownership," weather free or not, means they can do whatever they wish to their game, whenever they please. Don't believe me? Go compare (for the sake of not namedropping) a certain MMO, that released pandas recently, to older versions.

This game isn't NEARLY as bad as some other MMOs, and (sorry to stereotype, but) Asian MMOs tend to be like that. If you're not comfortable with that setup, you should avoid the genre.

Now I know you're new to the genre. Newsflash: EVERY MMO (and single player rpg) forces its players to have to do buisness (with players or npcs) at one point or another. The games take a lot of money from the players (in 2 forms in this game) in order to improve your character. Obviously, this requires a player to learn some economics and make money, if they wish to continue improving.

No one is forced to take the fast track, hell it's not even there for new players in most games. It's usually there for experience players to power level an alt or replacement toon. I have 0 sympathy for a new player that gets power leveled, the first thought in a new players mind should be "how to I play my class" not "what's the fastest way to level". Do quests, fight stuff, stay out of gt.

Reread my bit about "ownership". China is 80 (unless I missed some news) so we're 80. Deal with it or move on.

I'm not in the right state of mind to deal with these opinions...

Sarcasm, another word you're not adept at using. It's not a bandaid or excuse for being wrong. You still believe your BS, you're just angry about your BS.

It seems you didn't get, what I was aiming for. On the other hand, your comment is the proof, that I was right. Ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sabriele - Storm Legion
    Sabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013

SARCASM

Sometimes it happens, folks.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited April 2013
    sarcasm shouldnt take up several paragraphs here. especially since people in the past have done similar "reviews" of this game, in much the same manner... with just as much poor information.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • cireneila1
    edited April 2013
    sarcasm shouldnt take up several paragraphs here. especially since people in the past have done similar "reviews" of this game, in much the same manner... with just as much poor information.

I'll keep it short...look at post #20 pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited April 2013
    I'll keep it short...look at post #20 pls.

Mr OP wal-o-texter wants us to keep it short?????

01-surprised_patrick.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • porndmg
    porndmg Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a few facts about FW

I guess, I should explain it more before some of you explode...:D
    PvP stands for " Player versus PWE". There is only one all time winner in this fight, and now make a guess who it is.
    PWE is able to use:

Seems i'm the only one that saw this bit and sayd this:

LMFAO ! that was pure trolling :D made my day :D
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/r/2wq7p8l/6[/SIGPIC]
    New Beelzebut coming soon to a dark corner near you.....

DADADADADA CIRCUS DADADADADADA AFRO circus afro circus afro POLKADOT POLKADOT POLKADOT AFRO
  • cireneila1
    edited April 2013
    Mr OP wal-o-texter wants us to keep it short?????

No offence, but you should read again what I answered Firebat pls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigkahuna27
    bigkahuna27 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :eek:
    A good game like FW has to have a cash shop with items for sale so that it can make money in order to keep the game running and it's game developers/workers employed. I think FW is a great game. My only complaint is that the chances to get the better items from orbs should be slightly increased from time to time maybe during a promotion. And honestly who doesn't want to level up at a faster rate. You can easily learn how to play your class even at the higher levels. Yeah sure I may not know everything about my stoneman yet but you learn a little bit each day and have fun with it. That's the main reason I play to have fun and get better at kicking ****. Not to mention playing this game is a great stress reliever. ijs :p
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :eek:
    A good game like FW has to have a cash shop with items for sale so that it can make money in order to keep the game running and it's game developers/workers employed. I think FW is a great game. My only complaint is that the chances to get the better items from orbs should be slightly increased from time to time maybe during a promotion. And honestly who doesn't want to level up at a faster rate. You can easily learn how to play your class even at the higher levels. Yeah sure I may not know everything about my stoneman yet but you learn a little bit each day and have fun with it. That's the main reason I play to have fun and get better at kicking ****. Not to mention playing this game is a great stress reliever. ijs :p

A good game, meaning a good game experience is something that FW lacks to be more and more. Good game experience means also a functioning support and visible efforts to remove severe bugs, both of which do not exist anymore.

I am well aware that item shops are necessary to keep a game alive but i have come to the conclusion that PWE staff is not aware that players are something also needed to keep a game alive.
    This means some real communication and not something like this:
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=446281
    (Every issue listed therein still persists, as well as total staff inactivity in the german parts except automated "buy this ! great offer !" posts.)

Since noone really cares about what players have to say or what problems we have to endure, i will not elaborate on the obvious, that spending morale is directly connected to fun and service morale. So top brass will burn just another game, and another, and another instead of keeping one alive that would deserve it.
    Those making the decisions have no connection at all to the games published by the company. Short sighted management is absolutely typical for f2p, much more as the shareholders are equally incompetent in understanding the products and tend to value new games more than functioning current and old ones.

This is f2p. No recycling, no real maintenance, one way to the trash bin for each and every game. No game will keep the service level of the initial advertisement time.
    So squeeze out the most of fun you can get from these games and do not get bound emotionally. Its mass produced scrapware, not because it is but because its treated as such and becomes so, any software without real maintenance is always bound to die.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cireneila1
    edited May 2013
    strach wrote: »
    +1 and now they have NeverWinter to move most of the resources 2 new game

It really looks like that. Would be the most fitting explaination, why the actual event wasn't mentioned by PWE.

warning_sign_zps31af6617.jpg

FWvsNW2_zps43a51a9a.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bibidupul
    bibidupul Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamer evolution :

1- search for a game (or a friend told you)
    2- download game and OMG is free , let's play
    3-play, lvl up , learn things ,is fun
    5-find a guild , make some friends , get better - love the game
    6-get max lvl , better gear , u not nab anymore , start doing end-game instances , pvp
    7-things go slower and slower , u realize u start getting bored
    8-start QQ about anything , post on forums , fun is gone
    9-find other game or keep QQ forever
    10-realize there is no pt4 :D

where are u right now ? :p