My Mage Questions

_MagesRule - Storm Legion
_MagesRule - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Mage Discussion
I am a level 76 Lightning mage and not very well gemed but can still do good with my purgatory of lightning and other well stated skills on my tree, what are my hopes for endgame PvE but hopes of PvP when fully endgame... I wanna know what I have to look forward to when I max out

Thanks,
_MagesRule_
Post edited by _MagesRule - Storm Legion on

Comments

• divineauroras
    divineauroras Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    End game PvE you can look forward to wiping 95% of mobs in 1-2 hits (with decent amount of soul power, gems, mastery. You'll have nearly as high of dps as same geared warriors and sins for single targets (slightly lower possibly, but still quite high).

You can look forward to conquering Hell Road as wind mages do amazing for hell road (go thunder tempest!).

You can look forward to getting 1 hit by most warriors/sins in pvp. If you're talking about end game with lots of resistances and max crit dodge/defense gems then you'll last a bit longer against super strong players in PvP. If you manage to become slightly tanky with your build, you can look forward to gathering enough orbs to get RH and wipe a whole party with purge :D

You can look forward to having a hard time in pvp because your casts are slightly slower than other trees/builds. You can look forward to being able to squash most other "squishy" classes (priests, bards, mms). You can look forward to getting 1 hit ko'd when you try to purge on a warrior with BOR up.

Those are a few things you might want to think about as you train your mage! Have fun!
    SirFanion.jpg
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage), DivineAuror (Divine Priest), SirFanion (Elemental Warrior); Allied with Rhondelyn and DarqueShadow
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    End game PvE you can look forward to wiping 95% of mobs in 1-2 hits (with decent amount of soul power, gems, mastery. You'll have nearly as high of dps as same geared warriors and sins for single targets (slightly lower possibly, but still quite high).

You can look forward to conquering Hell Road as wind mages do amazing for hell road (go thunder tempest!).

You can look forward to getting 1 hit by most warriors/sins in pvp. If you're talking about end game with lots of resistances and max crit dodge/defense gems then you'll last a bit longer against super strong players in PvP. If you manage to become slightly tanky with your build, you can look forward to gathering enough orbs to get RH and wipe a whole party with purge :D

You can look forward to having a hard time in pvp because your casts are slightly slower than other trees/builds. You can look forward to being able to squash most other "squishy" classes (priests, bards, mms). You can look forward to getting 1 hit ko'd when you try to purge on a warrior with BOR up.

Those are a few things you might want to think about as you train your mage! Have fun!

What he said... and I'm totally happy being a Lv80 Lightning Mage. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • chowcan
    chowcan Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can look forward to getting 1 hit ko'd when you try to purge on a warrior with BOR up.

THIS.....

i'm lvl 80 lightning mage... so there's one time in IR...
    there was like a crowd of enemy so i use magic meditation, thunder tempest then purgatory and boom there's a warrior who used BOR.. well i guess you know what happen... hahahaha

MAGE RULES. :D:D:D
  • divinati0n
    divinati0n Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just, at endgame you should be able to dominate I guess.
This discussion has been closed.