Whats the best aoe grinding class?

zachutch222
zachutch222 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Class Discussion
title says it all whats the best aoe grinding class one that can survive and kill huge mobs fairly quickly
Post edited by zachutch222 on

Comments

• fast0055
    fast0055 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ... grinding ... i think you have the wrong game dude.

but for aoe go burst MM or mage
  • Rockbridge - Storm Legion
    Rockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    fast0055 wrote: »
    ... grinding ... i think you have the wrong game dude.

but for aoe go burst MM or mage

This^

More specifically, Fire or Lightning Mage (not Ice).

MM = Markman in case you couldn't figure that out. Keep in mind that Burst MM AoE isn't going to be all that great till you get into the mid-40s in level though.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Burst MM

or

Lightning Mage BUT!!! Fires AoEs i think do more damage, Ice has more survivability. They all got AoEs But lightning is best for more mobs and does great-good damage for AoEs
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Rhap - Eyrda
    Rhap - Eyrda Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bard of course! :)

(even though u dont get any aoes til 75......)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig thanks to OnlyDolly!
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bard of course! :)

(even though u dont get any aoes til 75......)

i think he means starting early though :P
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • PepperMintStik - Storm Legion
    PepperMintStik - Storm Legion Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    burst mm. learn to use the run backwards button though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringerOfLight - Nyos
    BringerOfLight - Nyos Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2011
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Early levels.... it's hard to say. Burst mm's are a bit.... squishy, but then again so are mages >.> I didn't level mine up side by side (Fire mage, main is burst mm). So it's a little of a tough choice. However, end game, only Lightning mages (and there seems to be fewer and fewer of them) steal mob aggro from me, and prots with mass taunt.

Burst MM's more 45-50 can litterally spam aoe's though, unlock mages in my experience.
    Penetrating Shot>Rake of Fury rinse, repeat, no waiting for cd's..... >.>

however, mages have more "natural" aoe's so they are more suited to aoeing... technically, but as stated before fire and ice have a tough time keeping up, especially in GT where I just spam without even looking at what I'm doing >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • wildbull
    wildbull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    FIRE MAGE ,, hands Down,, AOE MACHINE period !!! 5 or more lvls lower then you

Burns HP \ MP pots like a MAD ****,
    but if you talent right and dont overlap your Mobs with AoEs too much
    and use your Shields effectively, good TANK PET,

your the MAN for AOE, ( or WOMAN ) as the case my be

Doubt me?? Go with a team of 70+ AOE mages into GT

ROFLMFAO !!
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ^ and your class/level? and what GT? (MGT, MAGT, AGT, GT)

lvl 73 burst mm and even if I'm the only aoe's gt is done within 15-20 mins. Lightning or Fire mage, I'll admit that the time averages to more 15 mins. However, this has been happening since the 50's. This is for Mentor Advanced GT, but that usually the only GT I do.

However at 70 you're not aoe grinding unless your doing quests >.> and then your pet can easily gather mobs and bursts can mow them down fairly easy. At 60 we also get our own shield (well all mm's do).

My fire mage is only level 47 and tbh I find the class boring, much more than mm even though I realize that logically they are essentially the same thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • roroown
    roroown Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I apologize for bumping this old thread but it seems like I've not been given the right to create a new thread yet, therefore I will bump this one in hope to receive the answer to this question considering the updates that have been made to the game 2 years later.

If anyone has ever played Flyff, what is the closest thing that resembles a Full STA Knight AoE or a Full STA Ringmaster AoE for that matter?

-Thank you.
  • Satayra - Illyfue
    Satayra - Illyfue Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    roroown wrote: »
    I apologize for bumping this old thread but it seems like I've not been given the right to create a new thread yet, therefore I will bump this one in hope to receive the answer to this question considering the updates that have been made to the game 2 years later.

If anyone has ever played Flyff, what is the closest thing that resembles a Full STA Knight AoE or a Full STA Ringmaster AoE for that matter?

-Thank you.

Never played flyff but maybe you can explain me/us?
    Fire mage/Lighting Mage still have the best aoes imo. Windbard only at 75+ stated as here before too. Burst MM is still in the top three with this also.

Almost all classes have AOE, but if you are going for pure aoe dmg (cc = only ice mage), get one of the above mentioned classes.
  • lokixz
    lokixz Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    roroown wrote: »

-Thank you.
    The game mechanics in fw are quite different compared to flyff.
    In flyff each STA point give def and hp. Here def is quite useless. The dmg done from mobs can be quite easily healed by skills or pots. The dmg from bosses make def useless. Also def compared to atk (STR in flyff) is not 1:1 scale, making atk more important than the def stat.

Anyway i'd say a marble prot is the closest to a full sta knight. Their aoe power is a bit below average but with their def, they can take the minimum dmg from mobs. They have aggro skills and other skills to help themselves and the pt. They're good at mid game pve, but at endgame a marble prot is quite overlooked in pve and pvp (not useless but ppl tend to choose other classes/builds if they can).
    Something close to a full sta ringmaster is a glacial priest. But unlike a full sta ringmaster, a glacial will focus more on atk rather def. They can heal themselves and are not that bad at such job (talking more about endgame).

Another very big difference between flyff and fw are the CC skills. Unlike flyff, classes and builds in fw can slow, ensnare, silence, stun, freeze, knockback targets. Glacial priest is a good example of that. They don't need def much cause they can just kill mobs without even getting touched once, something like an elementer in flyff (or whatever it's called) but with less running and more stun, slow and ensnare on mobs. Also by focusing on atk and dmg, the most powerful aoe classes like mages can just wipe out all mobs in few secs (talking about endgame).

If you want a true aoe class with good performance in pvp too at endgame without having to change builds much, i'd suggest making a mage (fire is the most balanced, wind has high DPH and ice has the best cc but low dmg compared to the other 2).
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love AoE... so I started with a Burst MM. Got to level 75 and was tired of looking like a little girl, so I switched to a Mage and have been playing Mage ever since.

Was a Fire Mage until Lv80... played that way for a while, but saw that the top Mages in HR were Lightning, so I decided to switch and see what the difference was.

WOOT... I do so much more damage with Lightning and have just as much AoE as I did with Fire... only I do more damage, faster (don't have to wait for burn effects to work and Purgatory does 6 consecutive strikes, plus Thunder Tempest Buff reduces cool-downs). Now I'm one of the Top 10 Mages on the Lionheart server (when I remember to do HR, lol)... and I knock out Dragon Orders in minutes, by myself.

I do much better in PvP too... I'm still squishy, but Lightning Mage has a mana-drain and some paralyze effects that are helpful, plus... Transform, transform, transform... :D

However... when it comes to PvP there are some MMs that I can't even seem to hit. Don't know if they just have high Eva or are using some MM skill that I never learned? They also get a lot of kills...

So... I'd say either go Burst MM or Lightning Mage. Maybe create one of each and play them for a while to see what you like better?

Hope this was helpful... have fun! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • Inzho - Eyrda
    Inzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    title says it all whats the best aoe grinding class one that can survive and kill huge mobs fairly quickly

I we are looking at grinding sp late game then a glacial priest is actually quite a viable option.
  • roroown
    roroown Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never played flyff but maybe you can explain me/us?
    Fire mage/Lighting Mage still have the best aoes imo. Windbard only at 75+ stated as here before too. Burst MM is still in the top three with this also.

Almost all classes have AOE, but if you are going for pure aoe dmg (cc = only ice mage), get one of the above mentioned classes.

Only video I found for a quick explanation, just skip through parts.
    Ringmaster is the same but with heals himself instantly while doing ''mage'' damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVJGfvQmJK8
    lokixz wrote: »
    The game mechanics in fw are quite different compared to flyff.
    In flyff each STA point give def and hp. Here def is quite useless. The dmg done from mobs can be quite easily healed by skills or pots. The dmg from bosses make def useless. Also def compared to atk (STR in flyff) is not 1:1 scale, making atk more important than the def stat.

Anyway i'd say a marble prot is the closest to a full sta knight. Their aoe power is a bit below average but with their def, they can take the minimum dmg from mobs. They have aggro skills and other skills to help themselves and the pt. They're good at mid game pve, but at endgame a marble prot is quite overlooked in pve and pvp (not useless but ppl tend to choose other classes/builds if they can).
    Something close to a full sta ringmaster is a glacial priest. But unlike a full sta ringmaster, a glacial will focus more on atk rather def. They can heal themselves and are not that bad at such job (talking more about endgame).

Another very big difference between flyff and fw are the CC skills. Unlike flyff, classes and builds in fw can slow, ensnare, silence, stun, freeze, knockback targets. Glacial priest is a good example of that. They don't need def much cause they can just kill mobs without even getting touched once, something like an elementer in flyff (or whatever it's called) but with less running and more stun, slow and ensnare on mobs. Also by focusing on atk and dmg, the most powerful aoe classes like mages can just wipe out all mobs in few secs (talking about endgame).

If you want a true aoe class with good performance in pvp too at endgame without having to change builds much, i'd suggest making a mage (fire is the most balanced, wind has high DPH and ice has the best cc but low dmg compared to the other 2).

Very interesting and detailed explanation, thank you for that. It's my first time playing FW, so I find myself unable to chose the perfect class in fear of it not being what I expected since I'm trying to compare it to another MMORPG. Not to mention, all the other MMORPGs I've played were started with a group of friends (5~6) so we always helped each other out and partied, etc. But now I'm starting this solo, or at least for a while. I'm starting to doubt the AoE now...hmm. If the game has quests to keep me up, I don't see the point, at least for me, to have an AoE unless this game is grind-like, like Flyff. If I play the game solo, what's class that deals the most damage on PvE/PvP? Vampires look like nukers, are they? Also, given the fact that you also play Flyff, anything resembles a BJ? Looks like the MM comes the closest, is there knockbacks and constant crits?
    I love AoE... so I started with a Burst MM. Got to level 75 and was tired of looking like a little girl, so I switched to a Mage and have been playing Mage ever since.

Was a Fire Mage until Lv80... played that way for a while, but saw that the top Mages in HR were Lightning, so I decided to switch and see what the difference was.

WOOT... I do so much more damage with Lightning and have just as much AoE as I did with Fire... only I do more damage, faster (don't have to wait for burn effects to work and Purgatory does 6 consecutive strikes, plus Thunder Tempest Buff reduces cool-downs). Now I'm one of the Top 10 Mages on the Lionheart server (when I remember to do HR, lol)... and I knock out Dragon Orders in minutes, by myself.

I do much better in PvP too... I'm still squishy, but Lightning Mage has a mana-drain and some paralyze effects that are helpful, plus... Transform, transform, transform... :D

However... when it comes to PvP there are some MMs that I can't even seem to hit. Don't know if they just have high Eva or are using some MM skill that I never learned? They also get a lot of kills...

So... I'd say either go Burst MM or Lightning Mage. Maybe create one of each and play them for a while to see what you like better?

Hope this was helpful... have fun! :)

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'd really like to play all the classes for a while but my own patience doesn't allow that, unfortunately. I'm not really into mages though and I hear that the AoE MM is squishy.
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if you cs wind mage and inferno vampires aoe

if you arent fire mage mm and glacial
  • Satayra - Illyfue
    Satayra - Illyfue Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I cannot watch the vid atm since im at work and the systems wont allow it xD

MMs are squishy yes, almost all MMs I know regret making one (for multiple reasons, this being one of them)..
    Mages are squishy too but I`d choose a mage over a MM.

And vampires; I think thats a good class to choose for you. They got a healing tree (as support healer), high single target damage tree and an aoe tree with knockbacks, high dps, DOT and many crits.
    Even as Dark vamp/Infernovamp you can heal, not much, but you can. While attacking in a vampstate you heal yourself. While not being in vampform, you damage yourself while attacking others.
    Vamps are also best if you want Pve + PVP imo, together with all the benefits and points you are looking for

Nukers? Nuking in what way?

The game is mostly quest grinding, but you need to grind for Soul Power which improves your character base stats. So no grinding mobs to level up really, just to improve yourself. Then again; you got an ingame botting function which lets you farm it while being afk.