test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My suggestions

XJadexFoxx - EyrdaXJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestion Box
Hello I would like to purpose some changes in this game and would like to donate my suggestion:

1. Ingame Moderator There is too many people who are online bullying and tormenting players, yet alone the constant names being called and abusive nature that most of the men and women display on this game. I would like to see an ingame moderator that plays this game and is online at times when most players come to play.

2. Extend Arena and Frostgale times Most people like to play arena and frostgale I would like to see times changed to support the growing demand of pvp players who actually play this game for the pvp. Instead of limiting the times extend them to be able to play after hours.

3. Lycan Fashions We have been waiting for months now for new Lycan fashions to be added as well as a fix for the lycan race to be able to wear some of the current fashions that are already on the game. I would like to ask if you would have someone to create new fashions that will actually be to the liking of the players that play here.

I hope that my small ideas are ok thanks for reading.
Post edited by XJadexFoxx - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
Former Eyrda server
__Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....

Comments

• MeowHeals - EyrdaMeowHeals - Eyrda Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello I would like to purpose some changes in this game and would like to donate my suggestion:

1. Ingame Moderator There is too many people who are online bullying and tormenting players, yet alone the constant names being called and abusive nature that most of the men and women display on this game. I would like to see an ingame moderator that plays this game and is online at times when most players come to play.

2. Extend Arena and Frostgale times Most people like to play arena and frostgale I would like to see times changed to support the growing demand of pvp players who actually play this game for the pvp. Instead of limiting the times extend them to be able to play after hours.

3. Lycan Fashions We have been waiting for months now for new Lycan fashions to be added as well as a fix for the lycan race to be able to wear some of the current fashions that are already on the game. I would like to ask if you would have someone to create new fashions that will actually be to the liking of the players that play here.

I agree with point 1 but it will be hard to implement, + you'll need more than only 1 for the different times.
    Also if its like the forum mod, but instead an ingame player you have to think of how they work/go school etc ontop which makes this a good idea but hard to implement.

On point 2 having them open longer will make the current que's be longer as with FF and it takes upto 2-3 hours before getting a match, i wouldnt mind arena a 3rd time a day, like earlier than the ones now for people in europe or australia etc that plays on the server.
    Like they did with GT. (Including saturday, 2hour morning arena)
  • XJadexFoxx - EyrdaXJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with point 1 but it will be hard to implement, + you'll need more than only 1 for the different times.
    Also if its like the forum mod, but instead an ingame player you have to think of how they work/go school etc ontop which makes this a good idea but hard to implement.

On point 2 having them open longer will make the current que's be longer as with FF and it takes upto 2-3 hours before getting a match, i wouldnt mind arena a 3rd time a day, like earlier than the ones now for people in europe or australia etc that plays on the server.
    Like they did with GT. (Including saturday, 2hour morning arena)

Well if they could find someone that plays the game that doesnt' have obligations like work or school would be great. As for the arena or frostgale it could work if they make it longer like on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays just for those three days it would make if much more fun for the pvpers who love to do just that. Also give them better incentives for playing on those days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • Nyxa - Storm LegionNyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just have a comment about the IGM's you do know that asking someone to give up thier free time to monitor the game is asking alot, even if it's more than one person. I've been an IGM before and it is very draining, very fast, it takes away from the fun of wanting to play when it turns into more of a job, since you pretty much are askign someone to sit there and watch over the chat that is going on.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Kadastran - Storm LegionKadastran - Storm Legion Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1

These are all sound suggestions. I specifically agree with point #1 too. Altho they'd need to find people that would do it for free. Them over at PWE already stated many times in the past that they dont have any ressources (that means cash) to invest into that.

Also:
    I just have a comment about the IGM's you do know that asking someone to give up thier free time to monitor the game is asking alot, even if it's more than one person. I've been an IGM before and it is very draining, very fast, it takes away from the fun of wanting to play when it turns into more of a job, since you pretty much are askign someone to sit there and watch over the chat that is going on.

I agree. Entirely. I wouldnt do it personally and im sure there isnt alot of players that would be interested either.

But

As you might be aware Nyxa, PWE has certain peoples working for them that sacrifice a few hours of their day to monitor their Forum's post. they even do it for free, at that.

Knowing that this idea sounds suddenly not so strange to me for some reason .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud survivor of the Nova Pack promo Fiasco!
    Fail limit haz surprisingly not yet been reached by PWE
    Yes, Sarcasm is my middle name
    edited April 2013
    +1

These are all sound suggestions. I specifically agree with point #1 too. Altho they'd need to find people that would do it for free. Them over at PWE already stated many times in the past that they dont have any ressources (that means cash) to invest into that.

Also:

I agree. Entirely. I wouldnt do it personally and im sure there isnt alot of players that would be interested either.

But

As you might be aware Nyxa, PWE has certain peoples working for them that sacrifice a few hours of their day to monitor their Forum's post. they even do it for free, at that.

Knowing that this idea sounds suddenly not so strange to me for some reason .....

And how many assume that those in the forums have more "powers" than what they have, you don't think that same assumption would carry over to the IGM? I think in fact that it would be worse.
    edited April 2013
    And how many assume that those in the forums have more "powers" than what they have, you don't think that same assumption would carry over to the IGM? I think in fact that it would be worse.

those who makes assumptions do so because of ignorance. Inform them of the boundaries of your ''powers'' to lessen ignorance. You could have automated World messages popping up every say 30 min or every hours that explains in 2 sentence that a Moderator isnt a programmer.

Many MMOs have ingame moderators Nyxa, its doable. This game has a ridiculously high population of World Chat trolls and ingame Mods would help to keep WC cleaner just like right now mods like you do for Forum Posts. Idiots like that fool who just personally attacked you in the Maintenance thread are a plague and i didnt enjoyed reading it more than you did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2013
    those who makes assumptions do so because of ignorance. Inform them of the boundaries of your ''powers'' to lessen ignorance. You could have automated World messages popping up every say 30 min or every hours that explains in 2 sentence that a Moderator isnt a programmer.

Many MMOs have ingame moderators Nyxa, its doable. This game has a ridiculously high population of World Chat trolls and ingame Mods would help to keep WC cleaner just like right now mods like you do for Forum Posts. Idiots like that fool who just personally attacked you in the Maintenance thread are a plague and i didnt enjoyed reading it more than you did.

I do know it's doable, I'm not arguing that side of it, just stating from my past experience that it is very draining, time consuming, trying to find the "right people" is difficult too, since we know there will be claims of playing favorites and what not :)

I'd be all for it, but I'd be careful about the choices.
    edited April 2013
    Before you said it yourself (cant remember which thread it was in, sadly) i didnt even knew that moderators did this work for free and even then i had a hard time believing someone in their right mind would do this work for free (cuz yes, it is work) and i also agree it surely must be VERY draining to suffer idiots all the time (idiots like me, altho i care to think im less idiots than others ... )
    I do know it's doable, I'm not arguing that side of it, just stating from my past experience that it is very draining, time consuming, trying to find the "right people" is difficult too, since we know there will be claims of playing favorites and what not :)

I'd be all for it, but I'd be careful about the choices.

yes. Off those few that would apply to do that job, selection would need to be rigorous. but correct me if im wrong, isnt there already such ''criterias of selection'' that PWE use to ''hire'' their Forums Mods? im sure those could be used for ingame mods aswell! no need to even create a brand new one! just tweak it a lil to apply to Ingame gestion which is a lil different than Website's Forums.

theres already peoples like you Dedicated enough to the cause that wants to do this for free in the forums, im sure there would be as well for ingame chat managing. Not only would this benefit for World Chat purpose but also we players like to see Gms and Mods pop in and say hello :) keeps the spirits high and we feel that those who runs the game care for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Destrucio - IllyfueDestrucio - Illyfue Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I`ll comment only "1"
    Well its possible of few people(or hired players) agreed to be in game
    1.firts 7:00 to 15:00.
    2.second 15:00 to 22:00.
    3.third 22:00 to 7:00.
    or same for 4 person.
    If its well payed of cource....
    Before saying something READ FORUM and you will be heared:cool:
    Bird of Hermes is my name,
    Eating my wings to make me tame.
    edited April 2013
    I`ll comment only "1"
    Well its possible of few people(or hired players) agreed to be in game
    1.firts 7:00 to 15:00.
    2.second 15:00 to 22:00.
    3.third 22:00 to 7:00.
    or same for 4 person.
    If its well payed of cource....

if IGM's get paid then so should the forum mods :rolleyes:
    edited April 2013
    if Igm's Get Paid Then So Should The Forum Mods :rolleyes:

Agreed =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do like the IGM idea. Yes it'd be hard to find the right people, but I'm sure the GMs wouldn't expect the IGMs to watch the game 24/7, just like they don't expect us forum mods to do.

The way I imagine it working is kinda like how it works with the forum mods. If the IGM sees someone acting out of line, they issue a warning/temp ban from accessing game. It continues happening, perma ban. Now of course you'd need one for each server, but even just one person would be quite doable.

The only issue I have with it is, it's quite easy for someone to abuse power in that position, sure, it is for forum mods too, but really not as much. The amount an IGM could do could really cause issues. So yes, the GMs would have to be VERY careful with who they choose.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]