[NOTICE] 3.31.13 Server Rollback Announcement

Comments

• cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    I have updated the OP with the news that charge award points spent during the time that was rolled back have been restored! Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll keep you guys updated as we make progress in other areas.

Thx for giving us a heads up. And welcome in the line of fire ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have updated the OP with the news that charge award points spent during the time that was rolled back have been restored! Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll keep you guys updated as we make progress in other areas.

Good show, ol' chap! Having fun being the center of ire of the whole community? xD
  • dezstravus
    dezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiheiji wrote: »
    Dezstravus,

Sorry if this was already answered or addressed, but I don't feel like scrolling through hundreds of other posts for this (so if you could maybe answer this by updating the original post in this thread that might be best).

Obviously because of the roll back, and the server downtime, all 3 of the packs that were special bonus packs for the weekend are null and void. However, so far as i know there were no issues with the other two packs. So the question is, will these other packs be on sale again this coming weekend or any other time in the near future?

Added to the OP!

Yes - we hope to bring the other two packs back soon. The schedule hasn't yet been determined, but it's definitely the goal to make those other two packs available in a future update.
  • erickric
    erickric Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Hmm... If someone demands and is granted a cash refund, what happens to the charge rewards points and anything that was purchased with them?

on one hand it could be a nice way to make it up people, a gift for their trouble. On the other hand, I will not get anything out of this deal because I didn't spend my points, so naturally I will be pissed.
  • dezstravus
    dezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erickric wrote: »
    Hmm... If someone demands and is granted a cash refund, what happens to the charge rewards points and anything that was purchased with them?

on one hand it could be a nice way to make it up people, a gift for their trouble. On the other hand, I will not get anything out of this deal because I didn't spend my points, so naturally I will be pissed.

Hi Erickrick,

I'm not sure to be honest. Refunds are handled via a case-by-case basis; that's one of the primary reasons we have a team of people doing it rather than having it automated.

In regards to the automated solution we performed to restore the points, it is understood that some users may end up with a few more points than they would have had normally. This is a side effect of the complexity of the issue, though we had to go this route as we were simply not OK with people losing their points because an item they purchased was rolled back.

Thanks for posting your question!
  • Odromir - Illyfue
    Odromir - Illyfue Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus, while you are answering questions, do you have any info on how you folks will deal with the players that abused the star crystal exploit from the first pack?
    Ghorak - Level 80 Protector - Illyfue
  • hurlplease
    hurlplease Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Erickrick,
    In regards to the automated solution we performed to restore the points, it is understood that some users may end up with a few more points than they would have had normally. This is a side effect of the complexity of the issue, though we had to go this route as we were simply not OK with people losing their points because an item they purchased was rolled back.

Thanks for posting your question!

I have gotten 0 reward points back from your automated solution, so I would say I got a lot less than expected. I got back a bunch of leaves though. I have also requested a refund but have not gotten a response from my ticket yet.
  • Sadisticlove - Eyrda
    Sadisticlove - Eyrda Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would very much like an answer as to why we are being force logged by a California IP address (assuming its PWE). Nothing was done to my account so I'm not WORRIED but I do have screenshot proof of the force log and one of the IP address showing on the log in screen. Are they checking to see if we spent the leaves we're asking a refund for?

Its extremely RUDE to force log someone without advanced notice or even a later explanation. Sorry if its been explained in a different thread BUT even if it was, it should be added to the OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sadisticlove - Lv80 Dark Sin
    Sadisticluna - Lv80 Divine Priest
    Ailnayar - Lv76 Inferno Vamp
    DoinYourDad - Lv73 Lightning Mage
  • obilisk6669
    obilisk6669 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sorry for your stupidity in not understanding my point I was making it wasn't about sales it was about how all the *******s who had nothing better to say but your a fool for taking advantage of something and getting mad because you got cough statement .... my comment was to tell them to open there minds and think. so to you read it again and understand the whole message not the tiny part about money it was about human nature to go for something.... and as far as your comment about how we look in the papers for sales and advertisement coupons ummm let see how does that apply to a game which does not give you a week in advance notice if not a month so your message there is a big FAIL. these games don't give you that kind of ahead of time warning of such sales and item they let it be a pop suprise. half the people don't even know it exsited because they don't put it in the client loading screen. I have had in the last week about 40 client crashes that force me to restart the client and never in the News of the game was it listed to get my attention it been the same stuff that happen since the lycan expantion was released nothing new if they would make the atempt to have something different that says hey look here this is happening now or what not then there would be grounds to your statement..... and not everyone has Facebook or tweeter not everyone spends there life on the forum some people actually would reather play the game and not get ****ed over cause of some greedy people doing stuff that causes there hard work and long hour of gaming to mean nothing at all.so sorry if your brain is too small to see when people with bigger messages are talking.

You must not play fw to often or you would know cash shoppers know every weekend is a sale almost every 2 months is a charge rewards so ya we have advanced notice to sales cause we cash shop and know sales are coming. So friday oh we know sale is coming we wach the site...hey good sale lets charge tons ie what just happened. Does that make sense to you or did you just start playing not to long ago to not know wtf is going on. Also say people are bitching cause we lost what we bought. Pretty sure if you went bought a 50grand car that you like next day it gets taken back and they say oh sorry we ****ed up we cant let you have ot but we will give you something same price but shittier how would you feel. Better yet how about you go cash shop like the major shoppers and let pwe bend you over and ram you up the **** and say sorry for the **** up.
    Edit also if you have fw on your comp its called use a brain and look at the aite once and a while also you lost a few houwrs oh now how about those who spent 24hours straight during the sale to accomplish what they were doing during the sale. Also understand most major shoppers have supported this game more than you have prolly played and for pwe to **** them its there worse idea ever since well good luck trying to replace those spenders esp when people read forums or ask frienda how the game is. Btw typos are from my pos phone that doesnt like to sjow what your typing at most points. But either way to **** your shoppers is to **** your game which there already seeing with all the charge backs pissed off people. People who have quit. Remember no shoppers equals no game think about that while you spend nothing on this game. As ive said befor pwe ****s the ahoppers we leave simple. No money no way to make new content enjoy what you have befor the game dies off like its already been doing. Pwe just pushed it over the edge.
  • deerforest
    deerforest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013

:eek: I made new character I think March 30 West LionHeart Server, played non stop new character level 20's. I bought many items from the Store including a mount. I spent 27
  • czlotte
    czlotte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I know many people took your compensation redeemable gifts as a bad joke.. For me it's like a way to say sorry to whole community. I take it.. we are humans after all.. every one of us can do a mistake. But there are two facts which shouldn't be ignored:

1) Nova packs didn't destroy economy.. as few admins/gm have stated.. and most of chronic complainers talk about.. it just temporary reduced values of star crystals and made even great runes available to folks who don't have opportunity to play 12 hrs daily. In addition to that it temporary made star diamonds, star fragments, gems, ... etc cost a lot more than before.. thus economy wasn't destroyed at all.. After nova packs would end, the prices would have gone back to normal after several days / weeks.

2) Want to make most of complainers happy considering the redeemable gift box with soul leaves? (As you may know, soul leaves are only for fashion, racial mounts and fashion upgrade items.)
    Just do this. Make whole of Eyrda Boutique items available even for soul leaves with one condition. If the item is bought for normal leaves.. it's tradeable.. if the item is bought using soul leaves.. it's bound, thus untradeable.

I'm sure most of community will agree on this idea.
  • Kahlana - Eyrda
    Kahlana - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not economically challenged, and I'm aware of it. Basing off the fact they were able to take orders from CSers, and shut down the servers so quickly- you'd think their speedy actions would be taken into regard with others, clearly not. It was a malicious post, and clearly you over-saw that to assume I'm some mediocre child who has no understanding of basic logic.
    This was something that shouldn't even have happened on this game, so the mass-outburst from everyone is to be expected. And by the way you're speaking- you're clearly a satisfied cash-shopper.

Actually, I quit playing the game months ago. So currently I am a satisfied ex-community member
  • ustolemysun
    ustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would very much like an answer as to why we are being force logged by a California IP address (assuming its PWE). Nothing was done to my account so I'm not WORRIED but I do have screenshot proof of the force log and one of the IP address showing on the log in screen. Are they checking to see if we spent the leaves we're asking a refund for?

Its extremely RUDE to force log someone without advanced notice or even a later explanation. Sorry if its been explained in a different thread BUT even if it was, it should be added to the OP.

SAD IT IS PWE FORCING THEMSELVES ON YOUR TOON! http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=108.60.119.123

SEE FOR YOURSELF. CORPORATION: PWE.
  • TimSnow - Lionheart
    TimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay, since people are being ignorant der-duh-ders....

PWE made a mistake, and swept it under the rug, but here's the thing.

As I've been thinking, a lot of the playerbase were down right stupid.

If you would have left SCs alone, 5G-12G+, we would've been fine, but no, everyone had to go and be morons.

That being said, I am surprised that a large majority of the playerbase is just as moronic as a doorknob, as PWE is for the rollback etc.
  • ustolemysun
    ustolemysun Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    okay, Since People Are Being Ignorant Der-duh-ders....

Pwe Made A Mistake, And Swept It Under The Rug, But Here's The Thing.

As I've Been Thinking, A Lot Of The Playerbase Were Down Right Stupid.

If You Would Have Left Scs Alone, 5g-12g+, We Would've Been Fine, But No, Everyone Had To Go And Be Morons.

That Being Said, I Am Surprised That A Large Majority Of The Playerbase Is Just As Moronic As A Doorknob, As Pwe Is For The Rollback Etc.

Except.... People Are Getting Their Money Back, As Long As They Ask Pwe In An Email/ticket For It.
  • Draylorin - Storm Legion
    Draylorin - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am still waiting for an answer to my question.... are you guys going to refund the code that I used from my Neverwinter Hero of the North pack?
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am still waiting for an answer to my question.... are you guys going to refund the code that I used from my Neverwinter Hero of the North pack?

send a ticket -_-
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • marie0812
    marie0812 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i brought a leaves on 3/29 7:17 9:24 17:10 and 17:45 server time at eyrda leaf exchange(400 leaves all) i brought 3 talent compass 1 book of mystery and i use it the same day due to rollback 2 days 3/30 and 3/31 you reset my talent and the items are gone ... even my change reward i claim a phantom orb and get a token.. and now token gone too ... geeez
    edited April 2013
    I would do that but the submit ticket is not working at all
  • viiix
    edited April 2013
    I would do that but the submit ticket is not working at all

Try sending them an email directly to [email protected] with all the necessary information, or you could send a ticket through an alt citing which account is your main.
    edited April 2013
    Ill try emailing them .... thank you
  • deerforest
    edited April 2013
    I am new to the Forum. I am posting to get my mount other items back I spent 27
  • viiix
    edited April 2013
    deerforest wrote: »
    I am new to the Forum. I am posting to get my mount other items back I spent 27

From your post, it seems that you'd like your items back. The leaves you spent should have been refunded already, so you can go and buy the items again, theoretically.

Unless the mount is from the seed thing or an attendance reward (or Orb, but I'm sure you're aware that the rollback included those), then you're out of luck, sorry. A lot of people have lost out on that stuff, and it sucks. :/
  • Sadisticlove - Eyrda
    edited April 2013
    Original:

6:34 PM CST (noticed time):
    A friend of mine had his account force logged by PWE once and had the same results as when mine was force logged. Howerever, he recenty was force logged again and the leaves he purchased during the weekend (which no longer exists) were removed/spent off his account and is no longer in his bag. He has screenshots as proof.

P.S
    Still waiting for an official response to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deerforest
    edited April 2013
    I made new character on West Lionheart and paid cash for items. My character was wiped out! There is no record of me having a character on West Lionheart. Will it still be refunded?
  • viiix
    edited April 2013
    deerforest wrote: »
    I made new character on West Lionheart and paid cash for items. My character was wiped out! There is no record of me having a character on West Lionheart. Will it still be refunded?

Oh I see, that's what you meant. The leaves should be tied to the account, so try and make another character and check the leaf shop. It should all be there, and if not, send a ticket or an email to [email protected] if you have issues with their buggy ticketing system.
  • acidphyre2
    acidphyre2 Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    czlotte wrote: »
    I know many people took your compensation redeemable gifts as a bad joke.. For me it's like a way to say sorry to whole community. I take it.. we are humans after all.. every one of us can do a mistake. But there are two facts which shouldn't be ignored:

1) Nova packs didn't destroy economy.. as few admins/gm have stated.. and most of chronic complainers talk about.. it just temporary reduced values of star crystals and made even great runes available to folks who don't have opportunity to play 12 hrs daily. In addition to that it temporary made star diamonds, star fragments, gems, ... etc cost a lot more than before.. thus economy wasn't destroyed at all.. After nova packs would end, the prices would have gone back to normal after several days / weeks.

2) Want to make most of complainers happy considering the redeemable gift box with soul leaves? (As you may know, soul leaves are only for fashion, racial mounts and fashion upgrade items.)
    Just do this. Make whole of Eyrda Boutique items available even for soul leaves with one condition. If the item is bought for normal leaves.. it's tradeable.. if the item is bought using soul leaves.. it's bound, thus untradeable.

I'm sure most of community will agree on this idea.

+1 and thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acidphyre2
    edited April 2013
    SAD IT IS PWE FORCING THEMSELVES ON YOUR TOON! http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=108.60.119.123

SEE FOR YOURSELF. CORPORATION: PWE.

They got on your character to oogle your pixels. Nothing more. They did NOT go through your bag and bank and steal a moderate amount of stuff from you. Or did they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sadisticlove - Eyrda
    edited April 2013
    acidphyre2 wrote: »
    They got on your character to oogle your pixels. Nothing more. They did NOT go through your bag and bank and steal a moderate amount of stuff from you. Or did they?

I was just force logged again and my leaves were removed from my bag/account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acidphyre2
    edited April 2013
    I was just force logged again and my leaves were removed from my bag/account.

Screenshot again, change your password and email them. Ticket system is usually broken even though they say it works fine. Just like alot of things they say works fine and DONT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.