[NOTICE] 3.31.13 Server Rollback Announcement

Comments

• acidphyre2
    acidphyre2 Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And for the record, I am far from being a whiney little kid, I am an adult, who happens to be disabled and find this a fun way to spend some time. Trust me I would get out more if that was possible.
    I didnt spend a lot on this promotion, but I stll don't appreciate being lied to and robbed
    If you dont want to hear people complain about being decieved dont read their complaints...And GET OVER IT

+1 and imo they should use this catastrophe they have caused to merge the servers. Theres no longer enough people. Thank you PWE for running off the people of this game and banning the others. Your so smart. I wish karma on you 10 fold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ridiculous1
    ridiculous1 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you google Bait and Switch, and look at the FTC guidelines it pretty much sums this all up.
    i won't link it because i'm not sure that is allowed
  • mageufreeze
    mageufreeze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im a lil confussed they said that the redeem would be instant i still havent recieved anything in my mailbox,im very upset and i dont understand why i havent yet?can someone please let me know how i can contact them. i redeemed it like 15 min ago maybe sooner then that but i lost so much on my toons mostly my sin lost like 7 levels wow i really like this game and want to continue playing but people said you would get it instantly and i havent yet so not only did i loose alot with my sin but now i didnt even get what was promised NOT A HAPPY CAMPER...now i have to work that much harder to get back what i lost so not fair and on top of that now i didnt even recieve my redeem wow is all i have to say
  • mageufreeze
    mageufreeze Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so rollback to 11:59 Friday?

well i havent even got my redeem code this really bites i lost so much on my sin it is nto even funny now i didnt even get my redeem code wow i love this game but this so isnt fair to any o fus
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well i havent even got my redeem code this really bites i lost so much on my sin it is nto even funny now i didnt even get my redeem code wow i love this game but this so isnt fair to any o fus

You did. You just didn't look for it, we all got it from same thread and not mailed to us individually. This is the code: CKB5997

This is the site where you can use it: http://fw.perfectworld.com/redeem

And this is the thread where the next code might appear (there should be another tommorow):
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=441751

Other then that, to the guy above - yes, the redeem is instant. Like 1second instant. If you didn't get it, check your other accounts / chars or chars on other server if you have them on more then one. The mail is received in system mail, it's last 4 mails received (scroll down).
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • panndaa
    panndaa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My charge reward points are not refunded when the items I've charged for are taken away. =)
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you google Bait and Switch, and look at the FTC guidelines it pretty much sums this all up.
    i won't link it because i'm not sure that is allowed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

Here linked for you, as i don't care if it's allowed or not, as i have deleted the chars already :D
  • Galajisel - Storm Legion
    Galajisel - Storm Legion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's Tuesday... Do they have an answer for Charge Rewards NOW? :mad:
  • seranna01
    seranna01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know what's funny about this whole situation? If someone wanted to they could file a class action lawsuit against this company and everyone who took part would get paid. It might take a while but it would eventually cost PW a ton of money and PW would lose for sure. Situations similar have happened many times in other MMORPGs and it's always worked out for the positive for the consumer and negative for the business. It's even happened to Blizzard entertainment and they are probably the top dog when it comes to the games they produce (maybe sony is but still). Point is, Blizzard still had to pay out millions to it's customers who took part in the class action suits. PW would be so screwed.
  • majesticmeee
    majesticmeee Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wondering how long it will take to chargeback and unbann our accounts ?

Admin , nothing to say on this issue exept - we will see BS
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=41122058001&type=sigpic&dateline=1364781334[/SIGPIC]
    Thx FW for the years of lost life with you .
    Greetings to all World Shapers !
  • Uranutjob - Eyrda
    Uranutjob - Eyrda Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wondering how long it will take to chargeback and unbann our accounts ?

Admin , nothing to say on this issue exept - we will see BS

i just got unbanned.. i guess its time go to rant again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dem legs O.o
    Lvl80 Inferno Vampire-Uranutjob
    Lvl76 Divine Priest- NutHouse
    Lvl62 Edge/Dark Assassin Imanutjob
  • cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriously PWE?!?...
    SeriouslyPWE_zpsec598dea.jpg
    (actual screenshot of the current login screen)

You must be kidding, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Uranutjob - Eyrda
    Uranutjob - Eyrda Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cireneila1 wrote: »
    Seriously PWE?!?...
    SeriouslyPWE_zpsec598dea.jpg
    (actual screenshot of the current login screen)

You must be kidding, right?

*zooms in on "Almost done just needs some final touches"*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dem legs O.o
    Lvl80 Inferno Vampire-Uranutjob
    Lvl76 Divine Priest- NutHouse
    Lvl62 Edge/Dark Assassin Imanutjob
  • vgeorge
    vgeorge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What we must done with our Charge Rewards points or gems that they gone?We must have a answer today because the time ends.Common give us our points back
  • Jorji - Storm Legion
    Jorji - Storm Legion Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please put our charge reward points back, or give us the items we purchased.
    <SuperNova>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nova Pack Fiasco

R.I.P Nova Packs

Sunday,March 13, 2013
  • malcryz
    malcryz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    None of this will matter to me if you won't let me remake the character the rollback destroyed... The name is still taken. Please, please, please if you're going to perform rollbacks for a game where character deletion is normally timed, at least make sure you know how to perform it properly without confusing the servers. I can't imagine how many new players you're going to lose who started over the Easter holidays if all of those people's character names are also locked. There are only so many names out there, and it's not a fun experience to be forced to use one you won't like just because of a stupid mistake like this. If it's because someone else thought of the name first, who cares! But this is just sloppy - a rollback should mean a rollback, not removing bits and pieces of data from where it's convenient and easiest... :(

I still have faith in you, please do not sink to the level of Ae**a Games in terms of handling things like this...
  • shadowmantis
    shadowmantis Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To all you people who thinks that the people who jumped on this Nova pack thing got what they deserved because they abused the system I just have this to say if you was going to a store and saw that there was prices so low like dollar store low you would pass it by be cause it was too good to be true? I will call you a liar to your face and call you a hypocrite. so when you go saying we are whinny about being wronged by what is obiousely a ploy to cover there Arses from there investors when it comes to the quarterly reports. but the sad thing is they probably made more in this weekend BS before the rollback then they ever would have if the price was set too low when released. and it is only human to want to get more for your money especially with our ecconomy outside the game!!! so remember this some people jumps on what look like a great deal that will never come again and will spend what would be there emergency funds they saved to get that deal. this could have been those peoples rent or there next dental apointment to get there teeth checked on.
  • obilisk6669
    obilisk6669 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guy above me you are quite stupid people always wait on SALES to buy things. People read the paper for SALES on items such as food cars electronics. You know why cause its aSALE IE CHEAPER TO BUY. Idiot.
  • mrwizard63
    mrwizard63 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I ordered gem flare boxes off of site during maintenace Sunday and never recieved them also ordered with charge rewards did not recieve
  • erickric
    erickric Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So at first I didn't disagree with the rollback and never planned to rage quit. But now I see that not only did I get nothing from the nova pack fiasco, but other people have already been able to exploit yet another bug which I missed out on.

I was really hoping that something good would come out of this, but now I feel like others were given an advantage over me. I lost all the time I spent playing over the weekend, but at least that was the same for everyone else. Now I lose that but someone else gains? Pretty disappointing. If they are going to **** us, at least **** us equally.

Even still I wouldn't call this rage quitting, but this is all just so ****ing disappointing that I don't even feel the urge to log on anymore. When I do log on, it just makes me feel depressed. TBO the game wasn't all that fun or exciting to begin with, but at least it wasn't depressing. PWE has killed any trace of fun, and everything they have tried to do to fix it has just made things worse.

It's not even socially satisfying anymore because so many have quit or are threatening to quit, and I kinda get a sense that many others are just waiting it out to see what happens, so they may end up quitting too after a few more half assed attempts to fix this.

Seriously do they test anything at all before implementation? I heard the GM mention QA, which I assumed meant quality assurance, but I have yet to see any sign of it.

Deleting my fashion, frequent mistakes with bound rewards being unbound, various exploits which seem to only benefit others, frequent ridiculous sales which have me convinced they have been TRYING to destroy the game economy, and now this grand fiasco, which is by far the most important moment to protecting the future of the game, and they still make huge careless mistakes.

Everything they touch just turns to ****.
  • shadowmantis
    shadowmantis Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guy above me you are quite stupid people always wait on SALES to buy things. People read the paper for SALES on items such as food cars electronics. You know why cause its aSALE IE CHEAPER TO BUY. Idiot.

I'm sorry for your stupidity in not understanding my point I was making it wasn't about sales it was about how all the *******s who had nothing better to say but your a fool for taking advantage of something and getting mad because you got cough statement .... my comment was to tell them to open there minds and think. so to you read it again and understand the whole message not the tiny part about money it was about human nature to go for something.... and as far as your comment about how we look in the papers for sales and advertisement coupons ummm let see how does that apply to a game which does not give you a week in advance notice if not a month so your message there is a big FAIL. these games don't give you that kind of ahead of time warning of such sales and item they let it be a pop suprise. half the people don't even know it exsited because they don't put it in the client loading screen. I have had in the last week about 40 client crashes that force me to restart the client and never in the News of the game was it listed to get my attention it been the same stuff that happen since the lycan expantion was released nothing new if they would make the atempt to have something different that says hey look here this is happening now or what not then there would be grounds to your statement..... and not everyone has Facebook or tweeter not everyone spends there life on the forum some people actually would reather play the game and not get ****ed over cause of some greedy people doing stuff that causes there hard work and long hour of gaming to mean nothing at all.so sorry if your brain is too small to see when people with bigger messages are talking.
  • markb69
    markb69 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was refunded what zen i added to game,but still have no idea when charge rewards will be added,seeing as they are over on april 03,2013.
  • Calaspawn - Eyrda
    Calaspawn - Eyrda Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    For those who purchased Zen to take advantage of this offer, we understand that you may wish to request a refund on your Zen purchase. That is understandable. Please contact our customer support team directly, and we will be happy to discuss the options that are available to you.

There was never a discussion. You guys just returned money to my steam wallet even though I requested that it not go there because steam doesn't like to refund wallet purchases. You just made it even harder for me to get my money back. Respond to my ticket with a solution ASAP please.
  • XVladIII - Eyrda
    XVladIII - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    THis game is full of whiney little kids who will exploit and abuse anything they can. It sucks that everytime they do make a mistake that you people are there as fast as possible to abuse the effing hell out of it. They let you get away with it with the merc stats with no roll back, and this time they do one and you people act like someone murdered your familys. If you spent a 1000 dollars to take advantage of something that was obviously way to good to be true and a mistake, you've gotten exactly what the hell you deserve.

They've made their decision on how to deal with their mistake and your abuse of their mistake. Be adults and deal with whats happened, or quit threatening to quit and just go.

QQ for the win, you people are ridiculous. Whineing in 5k posts is gonna get you nowhere, go through the proper channels and try to get your money back and stfu. I bet they aren't even reading half of what you people say , From what I see day in and day out a lot of you are type A people, some socio paths, and a load of loser nerd punks who need to get out more in the first place.

Blah blah blah . Get the hell over it.
    Abuse their mistake? Do you even hv a ***** clue what are you talking about? MS and Nova pack price are set by them. Not us!!

1 fine day you went shopping and you saw this jewelry shop saying PROMOTION, 2 DAYS ONLY, ORIGINAL DIAMOND NECKLACE FOR SELL, CHECK IT OUT. so you walk in and you saw this really nice necklace selling for 200$ when you know the price could be easily thousands... What do you do? i dont need to answer some **** like you who act adult with a 10 years old brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PWE New Motto - WE Fcked Up, YOU pay for it
    1st April 2013 - Forsaken World Dooms Day.... Killed by bunch of Monkeys... R.I.P.
  • kiheiji
    kiheiji Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Dezstravus,

Sorry if this was already answered or addressed, but I don't feel like scrolling through hundreds of other posts for this (so if you could maybe answer this by updating the original post in this thread that might be best).

Obviously because of the roll back, and the server downtime, all 3 of the packs that were special bonus packs for the weekend are null and void. However, so far as i know there were no issues with the other two packs. So the question is, will these other packs be on sale again this coming weekend or any other time in the near future?
  • cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiheiji wrote: »
    (so if you could maybe answer this by updating the original post in this thread that might be best).

I agree with it 100%.

Dear PWE staff,
    Many ppl feel left alone and it makes the situation worse, as you can see in the many "rage" posts.

I know, that you are very busy with solving the many problems and I understand that. And maybe your law department told you, that everything you say can and will be used against you. But a short update for the player base would help very much. A short "We are working on it and will keep you informed" wouldn't be too much. Ok, stepping "in the line of fire" isn't nice, but it's needed now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyntheria - Storm Legion
    Cyntheria - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are you unaware that refunds could take days to show up? Essentially unless it's cash in hand refunds they are not immediate, there are processing times between banks, credit card companies etc. How about trying a little patience and going thru the right methods, for instance they clearly stated numerous times if you wanted a refund to send a ticket to support. Now, judging from the mass amount of people clearly and understandably wanting a refund, that means many tickets to go through which again takes time. They cannot simply snap their fingers and make it happen so how about you change your panties and give it some time.
    I'm not economically challenged, and I'm aware of it. Basing off the fact they were able to take orders from CSers, and shut down the servers so quickly- you'd think their speedy actions would be taken into regard with others, clearly not. It was a malicious post, and clearly you over-saw that to assume I'm some mediocre child who has no understanding of basic logic.
    This was something that shouldn't even have happened on this game, so the mass-outburst from everyone is to be expected. And by the way you're speaking- you're clearly a satisfied cash-shopper.
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/oh926r.png[/SIGPIC]
    ~Scorchin' The Blood In My- My Vampire Heart~
  • dezstravus
    dezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kiheiji wrote: »
    Dezstravus,

Sorry if this was already answered or addressed, but I don't feel like scrolling through hundreds of other posts for this (so if you could maybe answer this by updating the original post in this thread that might be best).

Obviously because of the roll back, and the server downtime, all 3 of the packs that were special bonus packs for the weekend are null and void. However, so far as i know there were no issues with the other two packs. So the question is, will these other packs be on sale again this coming weekend or any other time in the near future?

Hi!

If I am able to get this information I will add it to the Q&A in the OP. Thanks for bringing it up!
  • dezstravus
    dezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have updated the OP with the news that charge award points spent during the time that was rolled back have been restored! Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll keep you guys updated as we make progress in other areas.
This discussion has been closed.