[NOTICE] 3.31.13 Server Rollback Announcement

Comments

• clr2r
    clr2r Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cyberkeyz wrote: »
    Can we say April Fools Joke Maybe!!!! Wishfull thinking!

yea wishful thinking! I really wish it is!
  • phf0rsak3nw0rld
    phf0rsak3nw0rld Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You may be correct but that is completely irrelevant.

When you charge Zen into your account... It does not ask you if you were buying Nova Packs. You simply charge Zen and you buy whatever is in the CS. It was your choice to buy the Nova Packs. I'm not doubting that PWE made a mistake but, you should not expect to receive a refund onto your accounts and/or cards. You are receiving back exactly what you bought. Zen.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Fix your English too please.<3

they won't listen... you can say that it's an exploit of the mistake done by the company... and they are not happy because it is clearly being resolved as we speak...
  • lelooooss
    lelooooss Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is good that to take back all this packs becuse all players go for 12/12 all upgrade gears.12/12 is good think but for all that is the skill first no the HPbut take for all players back leafs becuse all is ugry now.and you dont want to go off 100.000 cs players.i m not a good caser but mney is money.ty a lot :p
  • gipso
    gipso Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xd just a reminder china is a communist country. Us relations with china are close to war last i heard although other countries might have a say
  • personabreaker
    personabreaker Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh they care, they're just banking on the fact that most people will put up with their crappy business practices and not leave the game.

Worse comes to worse this particular MMO goes under and they milk another one for as long as they can.

Whatever CEO or board of directors is in charge of these kinds of decisions, is taking a gamble right now.

Now will it actually pay off in a few months? I guess we'll have to see lol.
  • Intunecatul - Illyfue
    Intunecatul - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    u wrong i buy zen in that day for that pack , fw is part of the same company PWI so zen leafs is the same ****
  • lelooooss
    lelooooss Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is good that to take back all this packs becuse all players go for 12/12 all upgrade gears.12/12 is good think but for all that is the skill first no the HPbut take for all players back leafs becuse all is ugry now.and you dont want to go off 100.000 cs players.i m not a good caser but mney is money.ty a lot :p
  • quberewt
    quberewt Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The pvp excuse is indeed laughable. I was actually looking forward to more peeps getting into 12s and it not being lopsided all the time. Contrary to popular belief, one and two shotting peeps isn't challenging, nor is it fun. It's just farming for battlefield pts.
  • Chief_ - Illyfue
    Chief_ - Illyfue Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    someone should go on the other pwe game forums and link this thread to them, just as a warning that it could happen to their communities as well :p so they're not in the same boat as we are.
    Thank god I don't play any PWE games anymore :D
  • licaeus
    licaeus Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    quberewt wrote: »
    The pvp excuse is indeed laughable. I was actually looking forward to more peeps getting into 12s and it not being lopsided all the time. Contrary to popular belief, one and two shotting peeps isn't challenging, nor is it fun. It's just farming for battlefield pts.

^ This... +1
  • Musikal_Beauty - Lionheart
    Musikal_Beauty - Lionheart Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :D
    someone should go on the other pwe game forums and link this thread to them, just as a warning that it could happen to their communities as well :p so they're not in the same boat as we are.

I agree 100%
    80-Light Bard- Musikal_Beauty
    73-Divine Priest- Lyanaina
  • trenchee1121
    trenchee1121 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're an absolute moron.

Coming from the person who failed to read my previous posts where I clearly stated that your lost time, EXP, drops, dedi, etc. is, of course, a downfall of this. The post you quoted, if you are not a "victim" of the Nova Pack fiasco, does not apply to you, so quoting it and treating it as if it does deems you "an absolute moron", unfortunately.

I understand the negativity that losing all yours, and others, efforts might create but, oh well. I wasn't addressing that. If you're upset because you acquired some rare item, or even just a couple bars of EXP, during the times that are to be rollbacked, if you will. Then you can spend that same amount of time trying to achieve the same goals and if those goals are not met, then that's just bad luck on your part.

The rollback is happening because of this Nova Pack issue and consequences will come along with that. Deal with it or complain about it and progress nowhere. That decision is your own.
  • kudinka
    kudinka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Code no work !!!
  • _Brea_ - Lionheart
    _Brea_ - Lionheart Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have seen a lot of talk about the law in this case and would like to clarify a few things

1. This is a civil matter and talk of fraud and jail is utter nonsense
    2. This is in the realms of contract law and irrelevant of what the terms and conditions say the law of contract applies.
    3. If cash refunds are made all consequential losses are minimised and therefore it is unlikely and case would be worthwhile
    However,
    If cash refunds are not made the situation changes dramatically as PWE can be argued to have exploited their own error in order to benefit. This breaches a number of laws both in the US and internationally.

At the moment the situation with cash refunds is unclear however if cash refunds are not made to consumers (where it is possible to do so) potential action is available.

It perhaps may be possible to orchestrate a test case to clarify the situation legally but frankly this has less to do with PW and more to do with legal clarification for the furure

You are incorrect. While this may be mostly a civil matter, talk of fraud is not nonsense because a fraud conviction would make it so much easier for the civil plaintiffs to win their law suits. Furthermore, it would make things worse for PWE to even have to deal with a criminal trial and would not cost the civil plaintiffs lawyers' fees. Third, it could very likely mean a much bigger award for the plaintiffs should PWE be foud guilty of fraud, and the plaintiffs win their cases, because the punitive damages are likely to be much greater.
    I'm not saying that I necessarily think PWE is guilty of fraud, nor that they would liekly befound guilty, but don't think for one second that if civil lawsuits were to be made, the plaintiffs' lawyers would not look into seeing about bringing fraud charges up against PWE.
  • Cyntheria - Storm Legion
    Cyntheria - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for the support and dedication that you have demonstrated during this unexpected downtime. We are grateful to have loyal fans that appreciate the game so much, and the work that is done to keep it going, even when things do not go as smoothly as we would like them to.

Recently, we unintentionally altered the price on Nova Packs to a value that was significantly lower than it should have been. This caused players to be able to earn Star Crystals at a rate that was much higher than intended, and, consequently, upgrade their gear at a rate that was higher than the design intended. While under normal circumstances, we would simply write off an incorrectly-priced item as a loss on our part, this particular case proved more challenging, as the impact of the high volume of Star Crystals and upgraded items caused a disturbance in the overall game experience, affecting progression mechanics, PVP balance, and overall game difficulty.

After an in-depth review of all possible solutions, we came to the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to remedy this issue was to perform a server rollback. This means that all characters will be restored to a previous state. Specifically, right before the moment the Nova Packs were introduced into the game. All purchases using Zen during this timeframe will be automatically refunded over the next couple of days. This includes Leaf purchases that were made using Zen.

The exact time that characters have been rolled back to is dependent on the server:

US, Lionheart: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time

US, Eydra: 9:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (12:29AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

US, Storm: 11:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:03AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

EU, Illyfue: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (6:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Shylia: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Dyos: 6:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Nyos: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

For those who purchased Zen to take advantage of this offer, we understand that you may wish to request a refund on your Zen purchase. That is understandable. Please contact our customer support team directly, and we will be happy to discuss the options that are available to you.

We apologize profusely for this situation, and do wish that there was a more elegant solution to provide. Unfortunately, after spending several hours evaluating the different paths, all research pointed to a rollback being the only viable option.

We are doing a thorough review of our release process to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Our first priority at this very moment is restoring the Forsaken World servers back to a playable state.

To show our gratitude and appreciation for your patience and understanding, we are offering a special gift to all players of the Forsaken World community.

This is a coupon code that offers the following rewards, completely for free. This coupon code expires on April 30, 2013, so please redeem it (once per account) as soon as possible.

Coupon Code: XYHL46M

This code provides:

*50-bound Star Crystals
    *2k Soul Leaves
    *VIP pass (7-day)
    *Warlord Pack (7-day)
    *Battlefield Card (7-day)

Thank you for your support,

-The Forsaken World Team

Q&A

Where can I redeem the Coupon Code?

You can redeem the code here: http://fw.perfectworld.com/redeem

Will the Zen refund be immediate?

No, unfortunately this scripted operation will take several hours to fully complete. We will post an update when all players have had their Zen refunded.

Many of us were negatively impacted by the downtime, as we were not able to complete the weekly goals necessary to receive our rewards. What will be done to help us out?

We are looking into different options for what we can do for players who were negatively impacted by the downtime. More information will come once we are able to resolve the current issues and restore the servers to an online state.

Will Zen I spent after the Nova Packs went live be refunded to me?

Yes, your Zen will automatically be refunded to your Perfect World account.

I purchased Leaves using in-game gold. Will my gold be refunded?

Technically, yes. Since your character will be rolled back, your gold will be restored to the amount it was at before the Nova Packs went live.

Why not just make Soul Crystals bound?

We evaluated this option, but unfortunately we found that even if we disallowed the trading of Soul Crystals, the game balance would still be negatively impacted, as characters who purchased the Nova Packs during this time frame would have more stronger gear than players who did not.

If I purchased Zen during the period of time that was rolled back, will I still keep that Zen?

Yes, you will still have that Zen in your wallet.

How are in-game systems like Rift, Battlefields, and Dedication affected?

We are looking into the specifics of this and hope to have an update for you ASAP. It is our hope that no guilds lose diamonds or any other valuables as a result of this issue.

I'm getting an error message stating that my mailbox is full.

Please log into the game once it's online and empty out your mailbox. Even if it was previously not full, the roll back may have affected it. If you still get this error after emptying your mailbox, please let us know.

How are charge awards affected?

The situation with the charge rewards will have to be dealt with separately. As of now I don't have any information regarding how this effects the charge promo, but will hopefully have some as early as possible on Monday.

I purchased Zen using a gift card/Playspan card. Can these transactions still be refunded if I elect to request a refund?

We are looking into this and hope to have more info in the near future.

I quit. Going to Scarlets Blade- see yah later, PWE!
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/oh926r.png[/SIGPIC]
    ~Scorchin' The Blood In My- My Vampire Heart~
  • personabreaker
    edited April 2013
    yea exactly, this merely evened up the playing field some (not even a huge amount) and would have made things interesting.

I'd honestly appreciate a true answer, even if I didn't agree with it, about how they think they'll milk more money from people down the road trying to get 12/12 gear.

Apparently their PR person doesn't agree with me though because they handed down that steaming pile of an excuse.

They are a company and they are out to make money, fair enough. But I don't think tanking their already crappy reputation with the dwindling playerbase is the way to do it.
  • Lord_Zaimi - Eyrda
    Lord_Zaimi - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yes, n many CSers like myself are already gone
  • Amelieh - Lionheart
    Amelieh - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I made use of the ability to redeem both Eyrda and Charge Rewards on Saturday. With a refund of my cash, I expect to see the Charge Rewards go away.. no biggie. However, with the rollback, does that mean the points I spent in the Eryda Rewards page will be refunded as well? I only got one item, but it is still something that I, after the rollback occurs, essentially did not spend and now no-longer have. You have the transaction history on the site with a date and time, which I can screenshot and document, but I am hoping you will do your due-diligence of fixing up that little mishap on your own... is that too much to ask?
  • LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart
    LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I made use of the ability to redeem both Eyrda and Charge Rewards on Saturday. With a refund of my cash, I expect to see the Charge Rewards go away.. no biggie. However, with the rollback, does that mean the points I spent in the Eryda Rewards page will be refunded as well? I only got one item, but it is still something that I, after the rollback occurs, essentially did not spend and now no-longer have. You have the transaction history on the site with a date and time, which I can screenshot and document, but I am hoping you will do your due-diligence of fixing up that little mishap on your own... is that too much to ask?

To much... they are kinda winging it as they go.
  • Saebel - Storm Legion
    Saebel - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are Servers Still Gonna Be Back Up At 4am Est??????????? Admin Please

As of now, the testing is taking longer than expected and servers will be up around 5 am EST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kudos to Magicka for the amazing signature!

Sae, who fights Fire with Fire {80 Fire Mage}
    -Storm Server-
  • blackheart74
    blackheart74 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    has much as i liked having all my gear 12/12 in a blink of a eye and my runes beefed up a ton . i to have lost alot in this roll back but in all truth and i have to say it . they had to roll back servers this was not a lil **** up this totaly killed the in game markit . ya it would fix its self in time but we talking multi months here . so in that time alot would have ended up quiting . i realy did mean some thing if your gear was 12/12 before this and after it happen everyone and there grandmother had 12/12 . hate that all the stuff we did over the weekend is gone . but the game markit and the cash shop markit would have taken a plung into the ground cus of it ....
  • caalya
    caalya Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "They can take our lives, they can take our Nova pack... BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE... OUR FREEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM."

:3

36894885.jpg

Ahead of ya mate :)
  • TimSnow - Lionheart
    TimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just wish they would have owned up to the truth, because the whole inequality in pvp due to an influx of SC is just a laughable excuse.

Anyone who really cared about PvP that much has had 12/12 for awhile, if anything all this did was close the gap for people who managed to get full 12's now versus leveling alts or fishing for crystals and getting them a month or two from now.

The rune energy / skills would at least sound more legitimate if nothing else, even though it's equally an invalid excuse.

The truth is this is a F2P game, if someone wants to drop $1k and buy enough SC to brute force their way to 12 gear they can, the only sense of "balance" is that the average player doesn't have that kind of money to blow in one sitting.

TLDR: PWE stop acting like this is subscription game with any kind of real "balance."

I agree fully. The fact that PvP itself, is boring and often 1-sided. It gets tiring to see 1 side completely dominate the other, I've seen FF at times where one side got 2k I think is the max? Or is it 3k? Anyways, by that time, the other side barely got 200.

I'd like to make a point, there was 2-5 threads about there not being anything new. People wanted a new Level cap, new Fashion, Mounts, etc. Now, to put this in terms people can read easier, this "mistake" would have had no real effect. Star Diamonds and Fragments would have skyrocketted. The mounts and Tokens are not really that damaging, since people can still buy Orbs in masses for a small amount of leaves anyways.

The mount, is far too rare, and I honestly would rather see a lot of elephants, over those hideous excuses for a mount, the Rams. They look so poorly made, and to ride on a ram, just disgusts me.

Now, back to my original point, this mistake that's being passed off as a bug, would have closed the PvP gap, there'd be a lot more PewPew and a lot less QewQew.

Think on this for a while, lament on the long term effect. Because when you go back to whining about there not being any bogos/charge rewards, or any new Level caps/instances, I will **** all over your threads, because frankly, if anything should be done, you people should be removed.

This is a game, run by a company, that, like all other companies, should have owned up to, and fixed it accordingly, not just brush it under the rug, put forth compensation and claim it as a "bug".

Use your brains for this one. All of you whining and complaining about those threatening to quit over this, whined about there not being any Bogos, new stuff, etc and threatened to quit yourselves, did you not? The fact that PWE is so accident prone, especially after this, tells players that PWE can not be relied upon, to fulfill their gaming needs/wants. I've seen MMOs better than this, I am sure PWE can be great, if they actually listened to the generalized playerbase more.

Fact is, a lot of people will be leaving, not just because of the massive loss, but because a lot of people did not know about this, did their dailies, got lucky, found out about a possible Rollback, then got worried, and you see a lot of them here now, on the forums, along with everyone else.

Initially, people thought, as I think Forsake said, it would be playerbased rollbacks, where only those that purchased, and it quickly escalated into a full-server rollback. That being said, mistakes that PWE, will always hit the playerbase, with no reprecussion because so many players, are completely ignorant and oblivious.

They'll keep spending, bragging, rubbing it in everyones faces. That's how MMOs are, but, I lost every ounce of the possibility of CSing here. That's just utterly ridiculous, I don't feel I can rely on FW, it's too sketchy, at best.
  • glocktight
    glocktight Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    we Are Working On Getting Them Up Asap. Please Stay Tuned And We Hope To Have An Update Soon.

Sta Tuned Like This Is A Tv Show ...id Love To Bish Slap Some Admins Right Now.
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus,

SAVE ME your corporate formal replies, within certain formal pattern and STOP saying that this was the only solution you idiots could come up with.

Unless you are refunding every single dime I spent to purchase the Zen BACK ONTO MY CREDIT CARD I PURCHASED THEM WITH, you're in for a real rough ride.

Not only, noone will EVER charge again but you are losing what looks like half the playerbase maybe more.

Your

FRAUD

looking us in the eye and still doing this is despicable.

NONE, of this is about saving the in game economy... NOTHING HERE that you are about to do will change anything in your economy. You have singlehandedly taken our game and murdered it. Take your ridiculous Apology Pack Code and SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE.

Am I being formal enough???

Oh in case you are still not sure what I am on about because you people seem to be JUST THAT R . E . T . A . R . D . E . D...

Do not go through with this rollback, remove pack, everything will restore itself. Stop making it worse. You've killed the game now you're debating if you should violate it's dead body one last time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    She's telling you the damn truth. THe people in the game that spent tons of money are the only reason that the game is still up. When they all ditch, which many of them want to... frankly the game will die anyways, just saying.

You are right. It is the damn truth but you miss the part where no one forced anyone to cs. So, non-csers don't owe nothing to csers. Oh and trust me on this.. if someone had spend tons of money on this game and decides to leave, he or she must be a major idiot. Now thats a fact. Cheers.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • glocktight
    glocktight Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    caalya wrote: »
    36894885.jpg

Ahead Of Ya Mate :)

Lol Ahahahahhahah
  • _Brea_ - Lionheart
    _Brea_ - Lionheart Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I understand the negativity that losing all yours, and others, efforts might create but, oh well. I wasn't addressing that. If you're upset because you acquired some rare item, or even just a couple bars of EXP, during the times that are to be rollbacked, if you will. Then you can spend that same amount of time trying to achieve the same goals and if those goals are not met, then that's just bad luck on your part.

QUOTE]

Umm, no, that is not bad luck on the part of the players, that is an example of how this decision by PWE is **** some of the players. That is not luck, it is a direct effect of a decision made by PWE. Because it is not about spending the same amount of time doing things, it is about the time and items lost that never had to be lost inthe first place. Not luck at all.
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    back again >.> but i pray to god that poor Nyxa dont come online after this she die from a hernia or something O.o
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • personabreaker
    edited April 2013
    Actually I find it hilarious that the only possible way they could get any more good faith with the majority of the player base now would be if they revamped cash shop so that soul leaves weren't next to useless.

I mean for crapsake you can't even buy pet growth pills with soul leaves and they're a friggin bound item to begin with.

There's a difference between trying to turn a profit and bending people over for small cosmetic ****, again the people in charge of the CN cash shop seem to recognize this fact as their is a very large variety of things they can get for soul leaves that we'd ever dream of seeing.
This discussion has been closed.