[NOTICE] Emergency Server Maintenance 3/31

Comments

• Vamiliana - Lionheart
    Vamiliana - Lionheart Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok other than STATING THE OBVIOUS where is the REAL update? Like when the servers will be back up and running? Everyone knew they were going to have to do a rollback and all that jazz, now we all just want to know when we can start playing again.

Hon we all want to know trust me... But unfortunately they are leaving our most generous moderator out of whatever messed up loop they have... SO we have absolutely no idea...
  • XKatniss_ - Storm Legion
    XKatniss_ - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perfect, thank you for **** up and punishing us for it when I FINALLY GOT A BUNNY. you're the best.
  • KytBabe - Storm Legion
    KytBabe - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for the support and dedication that you have demonstrated during this unexpected downtime. We are grateful to have loyal fans that appreciate the game so much, and the work that is done to keep it going, even when things do not go as smoothly as we would like them to.

Recently, we unintentionally altered the price on Nova Packs to a value that was significantly lower than it should have been. This caused players to be able to earn Star Crystals at a rate that was much higher than intended, and, consequently, upgrade their gear at a rate that was higher than the design intended. While under normal circumstances, we would simply write off an incorrectly-priced item as a loss on our part, this particular case proved more challenging, as the impact of the high volume of Star Crystals and upgraded items caused a disturbance in the overall game experience, affecting progression mechanics, PVP balance, and overall game difficulty.

After an in-depth review of all possible solutions, we came to the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to remedy this issue was to perform a server rollback. This means that all characters will be restored to a previous state. Specifically, right before the moment the Nova Packs were introduced into the game. All purchases using Zen during this timeframe will be automatically refunded over the next couple of days. This includes Leaf purchases that were made using Zen.

The exact time that characters have been rolled back to is dependent on the server:

US, Lionheart: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time

US, Eydra: 9:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (12:29AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

US, Storm: 11:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:03AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

EU, Illyfue: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (6:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Shylia: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Dyos: 6:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Nyos: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

For those who purchased Zen to take advantage of this offer, we understand that you may wish to request a refund on your Zen purchase. That is understandable. Please contact our customer support team directly, and we will be happy to discuss the options that are available to you.

We apologize profusely for this situation, and do wish that there was a more elegant solution to provide. Unfortunately, after spending several hours evaluating the different paths, all research pointed to a rollback being the only viable option.

We are doing a thorough review of our release process to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Our first priority at this very moment is restoring the Forsaken World servers back to a playable state. Once everything is settled and people are back in the game, we plan to look into the possibility of providing a special gift to the players of the Forsaken World community, to show our appreciation and gratitude for your patience and understanding during this time.

Thank you for your support,
    -The Forsaken World Team

Q&A

Will the Zen refund be immediate?

No, unfortunately this scripted operation will take several hours to fully complete. We will post an update when all players have had their Zen refunded.

Many of us were negatively impacted by the downtime, as we were not able to complete the weekly goals necessary to receive our rewards. What will be done to help us out?

We are looking into different options for what we can do for players who were negatively impacted by the downtime. More information will come once we are able to resolve the current issues and restore the servers to an online state.

Will Zen I spent after the Nova Packs went live be refunded to me?

Yes, your Zen will automatically be refunded to your Perfect World account.

I purchased Leaves using in-game gold. Will my gold be refunded?

Technically, yes. Since your character will be rolled back, your gold will be restored to the amount it was at before the Nova Packs went live.

Why not just make Soul Crystals bound?

We evaluated this option, but unfortunately we found that even if we disallowed the trading of Soul Crystals, the game balance would still be negatively impacted, as characters who purchased the Nova Packs during this time frame would have more stronger gear than players who did not.
  • Raikahn - Storm Legion
    Raikahn - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well... Who wants to switch MMOs with me!?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perfect, thank you for **** up and punishing us for it when I FINALLY GOT A BUNNY. you're the best.

i finally got a blue conquered skeleton, i feel your pain :(
  • trenchee1121
    trenchee1121 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    10x EXP/SP for a year and I forget about all of this.

MorePewPew LessQQ, guise.
  • SynNaru - Lionheart
    SynNaru - Lionheart Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=441751

Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for the support and dedication that you have demonstrated during this unexpected downtime. We are grateful to have loyal fans that appreciate the game so much, and the work that is done to keep it going, even when things do not go as smoothly as we would like them to.

Recently, we unintentionally altered the price on Nova Packs to a value that was significantly lower than it should have been. This caused players to be able to earn Star Crystals at a rate that was much higher than intended, and, consequently, upgrade their gear at a rate that was higher than the design intended. While under normal circumstances, we would simply write off an incorrectly-priced item as a loss on our part, this particular case proved more challenging, as the impact of the high volume of Star Crystals and upgraded items caused a disturbance in the overall game experience, affecting progression mechanics, PVP balance, and overall game difficulty.

After an in-depth review of all possible solutions, we came to the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to remedy this issue was to perform a server rollback. This means that all characters will be restored to a previous state

That .... better include leaves and stuff! HoneyBuns gave me 2 Light of Eternity's to use on the purple trinket I got with all my ToF. If they take that away from me, I hope she gets her LoE's or leaves back as well. And what about all the leaves we bought to spend on the packs? I'm assuming we'll be getting those back? :mad:
  • Sabriele - Storm Legion
    Sabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ....I'll be in Vindictus/DOTA2/BF3/Other good MMOs that dont **** their playerbase over
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • RhaeTargaryen - Storm Legion
    RhaeTargaryen - Storm Legion Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013

let's go

I'll be on Aion/GW2/SWTOR
  • morphsexy
    morphsexy Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • RandomRobyn - Storm Legion
    RandomRobyn - Storm Legion Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They posted an "update" of what was going on and I bet this was what happened.....

d3servers.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Musikal_Beauty - Lionheart
    Musikal_Beauty - Lionheart Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well there goes the game they just lost about 75% of their player base!
    80-Light Bard- Musikal_Beauty
    73-Divine Priest- Lyanaina
  • summersoltice
    summersoltice Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    babyhedgehogtooweak1.jpg

he made it.

Poor Hedge i hope his little arms heal well!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart
    LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That .... better include leaves and stuff! HoneyBuns gave me 2 Light of Eternity's to use on the purple trinket I got with all my ToF. If they take that away from me, I hope she gets her LoE's or leaves back as well. And what about all the leaves we bought to spend on the packs? I'm assuming we'll be getting those back? :mad:

Right? WTF! Now I lose mah Purple chest I got...
    edited April 2013
    So the way I take it is... they post something really cheap... then when they get everyone to try and cash in on it... they reset the sever and keep everyone's monies.
  • jeramie1976
    jeramie1976 Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm down... u know of any good ones?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GUESS WHO'S BZACK!!!!
  • Shapeshifting - Eyrda
    Shapeshifting - Eyrda Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well this is just bull **** .. they punished everyone specifically making it harder on the non-csers bc they actually had a chance to equal the playing field somewhat.. GG FW way to **** the pooch
  • KytBabe - Storm Legion
    edited April 2013
    I hope they make sure the refine goes to original that I had and not one less. I lost by 2 dec points getting my 300 soul leaves.

Maybe we should just play Perfect World.
  • SynNaru - Lionheart
    SynNaru - Lionheart Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sooo when is the server going back up?
  • RandomRobyn - Storm Legion
    RandomRobyn - Storm Legion Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just a suggestion >_>

the-joker-meme-generator-it-s-simple-we-kill-the-admin-ab4c9d.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope they make sure the refine goes to original that I had and not one less. I lost by 2 dec points getting my 300 soul leaves.

Maybe we should just play Perfect World.

LOL that game is no better off XD Better to go play Runescape :D
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnl75
    johnl75 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dewey-Meme-Contest-11.jpg
  • KytBabe - Storm Legion
    edited April 2013
    Agreed steam has some good games might try those.
  • anseos13
    anseos13 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I QUIT!! Not that they give a rats **** about anyone who quits this game but seriously i spent all game gold i had to be able to purchase star crystals! And oh like the damn economy in the game doesn't auto fix itself when they make huge mistakes.... This is the hugest mistake they could make 'ooooh lets roll back the servers to fix the issue we created by making the price too low' >.< Sabi i love you but I am almost 100% certain that i Quit i give myself wiggle room soley because i know i will miss those of you in this community who i have grown to care for as friends!
    edited April 2013
  • amourn
    amourn Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *wants money back* *looks elsewhere for a timesink*
  • ladylaurarose
    ladylaurarose Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any word on when servers will be back up? I haven't seen an annoucement, but I wanted to know if I might have missed it.

Hello Everyone,

After an in-depth review of all possible solutions, we came to the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to remedy this issue was to perform a server rollback. This means that all characters will be restored to a previous state. Specifically, right before the moment the Nova Packs were introduced into the game. All purchases using Zen during this timeframe will be automatically refunded over the next couple of days. This includes Leaf purchases that were made using Zen.

The exact time that characters have been rolled back to is dependent on the server:

US, Lionheart: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time

US, Eydra: 9:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (12:29AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

US, Storm: 11:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:03AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

EU, Illyfue: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (6:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Shylia: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Dyos: 6:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Nyos: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

For those who purchased Zen to take advantage of this offer, we understand that you may wish to request a refund on your Zen purchase. That is understandable. Please contact our customer support team directly, and we will be happy to discuss the options that are available to you.

We apologize profusely for this situation, and do wish that there was a more elegant solution to provide. Unfortunately, after spending several hours evaluating the different paths, all research pointed to a rollback being the only viable option.

We are doing a thorough review of our release process to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Our first priority at this very moment is restoring the Forsaken World servers back to a playable state.

To show our gratitude and appreciation for your patience and understanding, we are offering a special gift to all players of the Forsaken World community.

This is a coupon code that offers the following rewards, completely for free. This coupon code expires on April 30, 2013, so please redeem it (once per account) as soon as possible.

Coupon Code: XYHL46M

This code provides:

*50-bound Star Crystals
    *2k Soul Leaves
    *VIP pass (7-day)
    *Warlord Pack (7-day)
    *Battlefield Card (7-day)

Thank you for your support,

-The Forsaken World Team
    edited April 2013
    I want my money back in my bank account. I'm going to buy the A Song of Ice and Fire books that I've missed ... I should've just done that instead of charging zen. GRRM > PWE.
    edited April 2013
    anseos13 wrote: »
    I QUIT!! Not that they give a rats **** about anyone who quits this game but seriously i spent all game gold i had to be able to purchase star crystals! And oh like the damn economy in the game doesn't auto fix itself when they make huge mistakes.... This is the hugest mistake they could make 'ooooh lets roll back the servers to fix the issue we created by making the price too low' >.< Sabi i love you but I am almost 100% certain that i Quit i give myself wiggle room soley because i know i will miss those of you in this community who i have grown to care for as friends!

I feel the same but I'm going to ride this out just a bit more... IF they don't put some real nice smooching to mah butt I'm gone... Now I loost mah Purple trinket and purple Chest. The trinket I didn't even have to re-id it was GREAT stats... now I get to spen butt loads to fix that!.....