[NOTICE] 3.31.13 Server Rollback Announcement

Comments

• IvoryFeath - Lionheart
    IvoryFeath - Lionheart Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for the support and dedication that you have demonstrated during this unexpected downtime. We are grateful to have loyal fans that appreciate the game so much, and the work that is done to keep it going, even when things do not go as smoothly as we would like them to.

Recently, we unintentionally altered the price on Nova Packs to a value that was significantly lower than it should have been. This caused players to be able to earn Star Crystals at a rate that was much higher than intended, and, consequently, upgrade their gear at a rate that was higher than the design intended. While under normal circumstances, we would simply write off an incorrectly-priced item as a loss on our part, this particular case proved more challenging, as the impact of the high volume of Star Crystals and upgraded items caused a disturbance in the overall game experience, affecting progression mechanics, PVP balance, and overall game difficulty.

After an in-depth review of all possible solutions, we came to the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to remedy this issue was to perform a server rollback. This means that all characters will be restored to a previous state. Specifically, right before the moment the Nova Packs were introduced into the game. All purchases using Zen during this timeframe will be automatically refunded over the next couple of days. This includes Leaf purchases that were made using Zen.

The exact time that characters have been rolled back to is dependent on the server:

US, Lionheart: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time

US, Eydra: 9:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (12:29AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

US, Storm: 11:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:03AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

EU, Illyfue: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (6:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Shylia: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Dyos: 6:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Nyos: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

For those who purchased Zen to take advantage of this offer, we understand that you may wish to request a refund on your Zen purchase. That is understandable. Please contact our customer support team directly, and we will be happy to discuss the options that are available to you.

We apologize profusely for this situation, and do wish that there was a more elegant solution to provide. Unfortunately, after spending several hours evaluating the different paths, all research pointed to a rollback being the only viable option.

We are doing a thorough review of our release process to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Our first priority at this very moment is restoring the Forsaken World servers back to a playable state. Once everything is settled and people are back in the game, we plan to look into the possibility of providing a special gift to the players of the Forsaken World community, to show our appreciation and gratitude for your patience and understanding during this time.

Thank you for your support,
    -The Forsaken World Team

Q&A

Will the Zen refund be immediate?

No, unfortunately this scripted operation will take several hours to fully complete. We will post an update when all players have had their Zen refunded.

Many of us were negatively impacted by the downtime, as we were not able to complete the weekly goals necessary to receive our rewards. What will be done to help us out?

We are looking into different options for what we can do for players who were negatively impacted by the downtime. More information will come once we are able to resolve the current issues and restore the servers to an online state.

Will Zen I spent after the Nova Packs went live be refunded to me?

Yes, your Zen will automatically be refunded to your Perfect World account.

I purchased Leaves using in-game gold. Will my gold be refunded?

Technically, yes. Since your character will be rolled back, your gold will be restored to the amount it was at before the Nova Packs went live.

Why not just make Soul Crystals bound?

We evaluated this option, but unfortunately we found that even if we disallowed the trading of Soul Crystals, the game balance would still be negatively impacted, as characters who purchased the Nova Packs during this time frame would have more stronger gear than players who did not.

A POSSIBILTY of a of providing a special gift to the players????? How can it only be a POSSIBILTY? Do you really understand what this will do? You will have so many people leaving the game, it will fail very quickly. You should have just stopped any more sales and let the economy fix itself.
  • kellytao
    kellytao Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't get full dedication until saturday night...what the hell I wanted to get my arena gear after weekly reset and now I can't.

Thanks a lot. Will I have to wait another ENTIRE week to get enough points now!?
    Freakin BS. :mad:
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bye bye

Rolling back the servers was the most IDIOTIC thing you guys could do

Stop being greedy and take a economics class. Because consumable items are tottaly permanent right? They totally will never go away.

i like how there are like a million posts from the players saying that they dont want a roll back and this was a good thing , yet the 5 monkeys running this spent 9+ hours coming to the conclusion that a rollback is the only way.....can we please get an explanation as to how/why this is bad enough issue to warrant said rollback? the players are telling you they are happy with why would you do something stupid like roll back ?
  • Anktruelove - Eyrda
    Anktruelove - Eyrda Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you realise your about to lose half the player base right?

Yep sad day for Forsaken World :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart
    LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thanks for the update! by characters restored does that only mean our bags/character stats will be restored to a previous state? or does it mean the entire server will be reset (including rift results etc.)?

waiting~

Even rifts... Because at that time they hadn't happend yet.
  • XKatniss_ - Storm Legion
    XKatniss_ - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perfect, thank you for **** up and punishing us for it.. WHEN I FINALLY GET MY BUNNY, YOU DECIDE TO **** UP! :mad:
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How do rifts work with this? Will my guild get to do the rift that we bid of be able to do that rift? Or will our bid be lost?
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UberSinner - Eyrda
    UberSinner - Eyrda Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chargeback time, for as far back as I can go.
  • Zameri - Lionheart
    Zameri - Lionheart Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i like how there are like a million posts from the players saying that they dont want a roll back and this was a good thing , yet the 5 monkeys running this spent 9+ hours coming to the conclusion that a rollback is the only way.....can we please get an explanation as to how/why this is bad enough issue to warrant said rollback? the players are telling you they are happy with why would you do something stupid like roll back ?

Dont ask, they wont respond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<SuperNova>

Therefore, Shigofumi
  • MelumRema - Illyfue
    MelumRema - Illyfue Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good bye, one cash shopper lost, have fun keeping the game going.
  • dezstravus
    dezstravus Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I don't see how this wouldn't just, idk, normalize. Oh well then.

Yes, we did look into this possibility, but unfortunately it was determined that taking the route mentioned in the OP was the only method that we could restore the game balance and ecosystem.
  • TigerPhoen - Lionheart
    TigerPhoen - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay so how much longer until the servers are up? I am really wanting to get on and play and I spent all day waiting so that I can do my quests for my guild and everything else
  • kenwi
    kenwi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As soon as I saw the Nova pack I assumed there would be a rollback, just didn't expect it to take this long. But still, same outcome. We will get refunded so I don't see why people are rage quitting over it. They knew themselves that they were taking advantage of the situation.
  • Federico - Storm Legion
    Federico - Storm Legion Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tuvshinb wrote: »
    finally...good job PWI.

No this is FW, wrong game.
    78 - Full Dark Assassin.
    77 - Dark Vampire
  • PrecTacula - Lionheart
    PrecTacula - Lionheart Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you realise your about to lose half the player base right?

you think only half?

oh boy.. FW you just f'd up in a way i was sure you wouldn't. Delete our progress. Good one
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All that time everyone spent doing anything...-sigh- Well, I'm gonna miss my extra 10k HP, that's for sure.
  • VampMagus - Storm Legion
    VampMagus - Storm Legion Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013

cz its gunna hurt their poor star crystal sales over the next two months...
  • XXAthena_ - Eyrda
    XXAthena_ - Eyrda Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, we did look into this possibility, but unfortunately it was determined that taking the route mentioned in the OP was the only method that we could restore the game balance and ecosystem.

Can i still have my ocean essence i fished during the weekend?
    please.
  • essabee93
    essabee93 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay so how much longer until the servers are up? I am really wanting to get on and play and I spent all day waiting so that I can do my quests for my guild and everything else

^This^
  • jblaz3
    jblaz3 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ya i really wonder how many guilds/ players left of the 4,000 ppl that play neways :)
  • Mysticmarks - Lionheart
    Mysticmarks - Lionheart Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for the support and dedication that you have demonstrated during this unexpected downtime. We are grateful to have loyal fans that appreciate the game so much, and the work that is done to keep it going, even when things do not go as smoothly as we would like them to.

Recently, we unintentionally altered the price on Nova Packs to a value that was significantly lower than it should have been. This caused players to be able to earn Star Crystals at a rate that was much higher than intended, and, consequently, upgrade their gear at a rate that was higher than the design intended. While under normal circumstances, we would simply write off an incorrectly-priced item as a loss on our part, this particular case proved more challenging, as the impact of the high volume of Star Crystals and upgraded items caused a disturbance in the overall game experience, affecting progression mechanics, PVP balance, and overall game difficulty.

After an in-depth review of all possible solutions, we came to the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to remedy this issue was to perform a server rollback. This means that all characters will be restored to a previous state. Specifically, right before the moment the Nova Packs were introduced into the game. All purchases using Zen during this timeframe will be automatically refunded over the next couple of days. This includes Leaf purchases that were made using Zen.

The exact time that characters have been rolled back to is dependent on the server:

US, Lionheart: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time

US, Eydra: 9:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (12:29AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

US, Storm: 11:29PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:03AM on March 30 Eastern Time)

EU, Illyfue: 10:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (6:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Shylia: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Dyos: 6:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (2:02AM on March 30 CEST)

EU, Nyos: 11:02PM on March 29 Pacific Time (7:02AM on March 30 CEST)

For those who purchased Zen to take advantage of this offer, we understand that you may wish to request a refund on your Zen purchase. That is understandable. Please contact our customer support team directly, and we will be happy to discuss the options that are available to you.

We apologize profusely for this situation, and do wish that there was a more elegant solution to provide. Unfortunately, after spending several hours evaluating the different paths, all research pointed to a rollback being the only viable option.

We are doing a thorough review of our release process to ensure that this does not occur in the future. Our first priority at this very moment is restoring the Forsaken World servers back to a playable state. Once everything is settled and people are back in the game, we plan to look into the possibility of providing a special gift to the players of the Forsaken World community, to show our appreciation and gratitude for your patience and understanding during this time.

Thank you for your support,
    -The Forsaken World Team

Q&A

Will the Zen refund be immediate?

No, unfortunately this scripted operation will take several hours to fully complete. We will post an update when all players have had their Zen refunded.

Many of us were negatively impacted by the downtime, as we were not able to complete the weekly goals necessary to receive our rewards. What will be done to help us out?

We are looking into different options for what we can do for players who were negatively impacted by the downtime. More information will come once we are able to resolve the current issues and restore the servers to an online state.

Will Zen I spent after the Nova Packs went live be refunded to me?

Yes, your Zen will automatically be refunded to your Perfect World account.

I purchased Leaves using in-game gold. Will my gold be refunded?

Technically, yes. Since your character will be rolled back, your gold will be restored to the amount it was at before the Nova Packs went live.

Why not just make Soul Crystals bound?

We evaluated this option, but unfortunately we found that even if we disallowed the trading of Soul Crystals, the game balance would still be negatively impacted, as characters who purchased the Nova Packs during this time frame would have more stronger gear than players who did not.

"Discuss the options available to you." What are you talking about?! THE ONLY REASON YOU SOLD CARDS WAS THE PEOPLE THAT PAID CASH. A PUBLIC ANSWER IS THE ONLY OPTION. YOU ARE NOT PULLING THAT WITH ME THIS TIME!
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited April 2013

yes because removing 90% of the people who cs and **** EVERYONE is much better than letting it solve itself like the players are telling you they want
  • XKatniss_ - Storm Legion
    XKatniss_ - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Siiiiiiiiiigh.
  • jbullock10181994
    jbullock10181994 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank u PWE u will be hearing from my lawyer by 8am CST I know my rights and u will not items I have purchased with my money u will be sued and u will go to jail for scamming everyone so u can say good bye to your company
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You're going to lose a large chunk of your playerbase - many of them heavy cs'ers - because of a decision to rollback. How's that "restoring" things? No playerbase = no game. Or even smaller playerbase = dying FW. So GG with your decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReinaStark - Lionheart
    ReinaStark - Lionheart Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Even rifts... Because at that time they hadn't happend yet.

If I'm not mistaken the post said it would reset "characters" which doesn't necessarily imply a full server reset (i.e. if a guild gained contribution/funds/zeal during this time, that may not necessarily go away)

so theoretically it would be possible to keep the server "as is" and simply reset the "state" of all the players

still waiting~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elegantxbelle
    elegantxbelle Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am glad that a decision has been made.
    Unfortunately, the time I spent these past few days cracking orbs, combining runes, and waiting for my lucky signs is irreplaceable. Nor is all of the experience that I had gained via leveling, the time I spent participating in the arena to farm up the reputation for the possibility of getting arena gear, or the joy that I felt seeing my husband make a huge upgrade that he was looking forward to for nearly half a year.
  • Zameri - Lionheart
    Zameri - Lionheart Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I think you guys are just afraid because people wont buy your best selling item for a while. You guys have lost a lot of good players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<SuperNova>

Therefore, Shigofumi
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Important question--what about charge rewards? Will we get our points/items back? I got a Bloodstone with the points to put in my gears, so I hope at least the portion of points I got before buying Nova Packs is returned.
  • Nagato__ - Eyrda
    Nagato__ - Eyrda Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    **** Forsaken World and **** you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nagato__ lvl 80 Aegis Warrior

And an endless army of worker drone alts
    Envy
This discussion has been closed.