Must roll back to friday or the market won't be recorvered and pw will suffer too

Monotonous - Storm Legion
Monotonous - Storm Legion Posts: 384 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
shut down servers will only minimize one day of loss, but the amount of star crystals and elephants have been stocked yesterday probably won't be consumed for a really long time. sure eventually the market will back to normal but how much sales pw will lose during this period, of course you might be able to sell more star diamonds but really are you that desperate, and that little gain won't cover half of loss from crystals.

so really rollback and end this ridiculous riot

edit: i bought like 20 packs too so i would be taken away stuff as well. but seriously do you think a game with purple mount bumps out every 30 seconds and immortal runes all over the screen is gonna last very long? or even fun to play. quite frankly, yesterday was just not a enjoyable game experience
Post edited by Monotonous - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Isolabella - Storm Legion
    Isolabella - Storm Legion Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oh boy
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now I know why this guy plays a PvE server. It's prolly because he got kosed for his *smart* opinions in the pvp server o.o.
  • jbullock10181994
    jbullock10181994 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shut down servers will only minimize one day of loss, but the amount of star crystals and elephants have been stocked yesterday probably won't be consumed for a really long time. sure eventually the market will back to normal but how much sales pw will lose during this period, of course you might be able to sell more star diamonds but really are you that desperate, and that little gain won't cover half of loss from crystals.

Ya sounds like some one doesn't like having a even playing field or someone who missed out on getting anything well too bad for u its done been stated earlier their is no roll back so deal with it
  • unusualsuspect1
    unusualsuspect1 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Roll back must not occur without a full cash refund, and that's simply too hard for them to do.

The SC's are consumable, and despite the hundreds of thousands that are now floating around in game, everyone basically benefits, and they will be consumed remarkably quickly. It takes a good 3000-4000 SC's to get to 12/12 on all gear. People make new toons all the time. They'll go faster than you may think.

The glut of SC's will also lower their prices, allowing the non-cs'ers a chance to advance.

All the people who have gotten items via Charge and Eydra rewards will need to be individually compensated on a roll-back as well. Too hard.

Nay, the thing to do is to pull the pack from sale and restart the servers ASAP, and the in-game economy will recover, and we'll allo just look back on this in 4-8 week's time as a pleasant hiccup.
  • Geowreck - Eyrda
    Geowreck - Eyrda Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    they rollback they lose a lot of money and a lot of players, so i think its worth a little loss to not roll back.
  • LibitinaMorana - Storm Legion
    LibitinaMorana - Storm Legion Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You may want to recheck your facts and get off your high horse. This like this have happened before and the market went back to its usual money grubbing self in time. Markets crash, It happens. In game and out. Over time the right them selves out again and the ppl raking in the money get back to work. So take a deep breath. Relax. and wait like the rest of us.
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You may want to recheck your facts and get off your high horse. This like this have happened before and the market went back to its usual money grubbing self in time. Markets crash, It happens. In game and out. Over time the right them selves out again and the ppl raking in the money get back to work. So take a deep breath. Relax. and wait like the rest of us.

So, what ur saying is, it will fix itself and there is no need for a reboot? That totally contradicts your initial post :confused:
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • gohan201
    gohan201 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You have no idea what you are talking about! Doing a rollback would be way more hurtful to fw then by not doing one. Grow a brain!!!. Did you notice how busy the game was on saturday? This is exactly what the game needed to stay alive. FW do not roll back or you will lose many many long term players
  • gohan201
    edited March 2013
    :p:p:p:p
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nobody is gonna quit for rollingback..

they never did on the pserver.. and they rolled back like 5 times in 1 month.. rofl!!

• yarddog57
    yarddog57 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how do you see they will loose in sale ???? with the FA /star diamonds / star frag /gems . with all the mains and alt that will go to 12/12 . just how many FA will be sold to fill up all them slots ???will more than make up for the lost in sells for the stars. in fact they mite even make more !!!!most ppl like me have givin up on getting 12's ... @ $50 a pop to get 100 stars.or spend months farming them.with the fail rate @ 96% not even worth tryin for any more!!!!
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ya sounds like some one doesn't like having a even playing field or someone who missed out on getting anything well too bad for u its done been stated earlier their is no roll back so deal with it

I believe you are spot on. The only people who are hurt by this are the people who paid MORE in an attempt to get an advantage over the other players.

In a game where everyone has equal qear, those type of players would rarely fare well, in fact, I'm certain they'd quit the game rather soon. Since they'd be losing and people who can have fun while losing constantly at everything are quite rare.

It's fun how the OP seems very concerned for PWe's money income tho. Never met a person so considerate towards a corporation that sells unfairness before, lol.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • LibitinaMorana - Storm Legion
    LibitinaMorana - Storm Legion Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, what ur saying is, it will fix itself and there is no need for a reboot? That totally contradicts your initial post :confused:

What initial post?????? Your not the only one confused now...lol
  • Miz_vamp - Illyfue
    Miz_vamp - Illyfue Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2013

they never did on the pserver.. and they rolled back like 5 times in 1 month.. rofl!!

may be I'm nobody, but I'll stay away from such problems...

seems this game getting way too bad...
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    edited March 2013

Maybe cause private lets you have what you had back in a month... while here, we just experienced how "fun" a P.server would be, where things are much easier.

I in fact have guildies who plan to move to games such as Tera, since... let's be honest, there's nothing to do in this game. Only fun thing is drama and we're getting less and less as people quit and others suck-up to each other.

People already quited because of this error-bogo existing and more people will quit for fixing the bogo as well. I doubt either will come back.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • yarddog57
    yarddog57 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013

edit: i bought like 20 packs too so i would be taken away stuff as well. but seriously do you think a game with purple mount bumps out every 30 seconds and immortal runes all over the screen is gonna last very long? or even fun to play. quite frankly, yesterday was just not a enjoyable game experience

loose ??????????? how many FA / star diamonds /star frags /gems did they sell to fill up them slot that ppl opened ??? they didnt loose a thing ?
  • UZA - Lionheart
    UZA - Lionheart Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    between me and 1 friend on eydra server we spend 178k leafs refund or we sue :D
  • gohan201
    edited March 2013
    No one will quit for a roll back? First of saying "no one quit on a pserver from rollback" is the single dumest thing i have ever heard. How much money did you spend on that pserver? Second: People will not quit from the rollback they will quit if FW does not 100% refund their money. lol still think its funny you compairing this to a rollback on a pserver. lol
  • UZA - Lionheart
    edited March 2013
    id honestly like to see them roll back lol id personally want a full cash "not leafs" refund including fees paid for this whole weekend and then id quit for the trouble it put me through
  • gohan201
    edited March 2013
    AGREED! 100% cash refund international charges refunded to!
  • Calamitee - Storm Legion
    Calamitee - Storm Legion Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it's gonna go both ways.
    roll it back, lose a large chunk of the faithful player base.
    don't roll it back, economy's fugged for a long time.

regardless everyone is going to pay very very dearly for this one simple mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gohan201
    edited March 2013
    Please explain to me why this will "crash the market", lets look at the facts: 1 - I saw more ppl then i have seen on this game for a long time on staurday, witch is only good meaning ppl will be spending lots of gold on gems and frags etc... 2 - Making it so ppl who only cs a little can have a chance at obtaining 12/12 gear will keep them playiing and not just find another game. 3 - So the price of sc and ruins goes down for a few weeks big deal, Gems will be more expensive and it will conter the low cost of sc. All in all if anything this "bug" helped fw greatly... Just how I see it anyway
  • freeyaa
    freeyaa Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What gohan said.
    <mean, grumpy b!sh>
    Lycanella - Dyos
    Char deleted: 09/04/2017
  • UZA - Lionheart
    edited March 2013
    gohan201 wrote: »
    Please explain to me why this will "crash the market", lets look at the facts: 1 - I saw more ppl then i have seen on this game for a long time on staurday, witch is only good meaning ppl will be spending lots of gold on gems and frags etc... 2 - Making it so ppl who only cs a little can have a chance at obtaining 12/12 gear will keep them playiing and not just find another game. 3 - So the price of sc and ruins goes down for a few weeks big deal, Gems will be more expensive and it will conter the low cost of sc. All in all if anything this "bug" helped fw greatly... Just how I see it anyway
    your right there trade realm eydra server was so packed i couldnt even click on vending shops LOL
  • conterkiller
    edited March 2013
    People in the pserver spent the same, if not more, cash than here.. the ratios there were even more ridicoulus than the rations here.. rofl!!

Yeah u saw a lot of people loging in.. but just to get advantage of the sale.. not to come back and play the game again.. rofl!!
    u'll see them quitting just as fast as they came back in a couple of days when the rest of the stuff skyrockets and they cant transfer gear because they wont have the money for it..

• conterkiller
    edited March 2013
    id honestly like to see them roll back lol id personally want a full cash "not leafs" refund including fees paid for this whole weekend and then id quit for the trouble it put me through
    did u charge 100k leafs this weekend only?? or you had 100k+ leafs saved and used them for the bonus pack??
    lol

• fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Basically, you paid for the zen, and what you do from there is not their problem.

It's like buying a computer, then complaining the the manufacturer that the computer doesn't have FW installed in it. It's not force upon them to do that.

You can choose from which game to send the zen and convert it into game currency,
    no where does it say you only have one option, which is forsaken world, and within that one option you can only buy the Nova Pack.

Then the rollback they need to refund, yes?

If they give you back the amount of ZEN you transferred, then it is justified - because you paid for the zen.
    For the packs, however, you cannot simply say that they have to compensate you for it. Because it was your choice to buy them, not they forced you with one option.

Then, anger.

How many people will leave the game after they spent alot in it - If they really just jump games all day, and don't play much of one game, probably will.
    If they play 2+ games and have nearly no eyesight, they probably will
    But, if only one game, the chances are slim - Sure, some might leave, but those were the ones that would've left anyways give or take a few days.

Now, if you want to file a lawsuit, what prrof can you back it up to prove that you bought the zen FOR the Pack? Sure, people can say that. But, ANYONE can CLAIM that, therefore it is a way to misconduct profit. So you need proof that you only bought the zen for the pack - I don't know of a machine that can see into your brain's memory and decipher the signals.

Where they say it is a bug; it is not. As the game was working fine - people can buy the item.
    But, the price was clearly lower then it might be considered to be. Obviously, it was a mistake made by an employee. If then, it's now his fault.
    Yes, the employee is probably balling his face out and pleading the team to help him with a solution.

As for IF there is no rollback - How will it work?
    It will either A) Dwindle to normal, with lots of 12/12 refines. I'd enjoy that, so I can even the field and own everyone. Of course, I prefer this but I know it will probably work out in situation b.
    B) All prices go up and gold made pretty worthless. I hate this concept as new players will not enjoy their first play and single player/Pve useless. Also, alts will dominate low levels and everyone have spendable gold. This means more buy, less sell. Of course, this means competition over tiny amounts of good gear and lots of time invested into the perfection of purple 12/12. And over time, the major cs'ers will have to either cs ALOT more and make the game too one sided or leave, causing fw to earn too little. - game shuts down
    C) For a short period of time people will enjoy being op, until amounts of people hoard items and close the market. This brings gold to them and limits everyone else. If someone smart with a lot of diamonds does this, then the market can be controlled by a simple few and they will emerge as top dog

If they do rollback - How?
    I don't know computer programming so I guess.
    1- Rollback all activities done during the days of Nova - Means reset to before update and refunding zen
    2- Rollback all star crystals and orbs currently in bags - meaning if you have used the item, you are lucky. If not, you will find leaves or gold in your bag.
    3- Binding everything. Of course, this is stupid but I don't know.

Now you can fight for your shell.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExV4b77qfww
  • WARLOCKZBANE - Eyrda
    WARLOCKZBANE - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it's gonna go both ways.
    roll it back, lose a large chunk of the faithful player base.
    don't roll it back, economy's fugged for a long time.

regardless everyone is going to pay very very dearly for this one simple mistake.

Dude i agree, personally i am under the opinion that everyone in pwi is the equivilent of a **** monkey on cocaine
  • Morgantia - Lionheart
    Morgantia - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Roll back must not occur without a full cash refund, and that's simply too hard for them to do.

The SC's are consumable, and despite the hundreds of thousands that are now floating around in game, everyone basically benefits, and they will be consumed remarkably quickly. It takes a good 3000-4000 SC's to get to 12/12 on all gear. People make new toons all the time. They'll go faster than you may think.

The glut of SC's will also lower their prices, allowing the non-cs'ers a chance to advance.

All the people who have gotten items via Charge and Eydra rewards will need to be individually compensated on a roll-back as well. Too hard.

Nay, the thing to do is to pull the pack from sale and restart the servers ASAP, and the in-game economy will recover, and we'll allo just look back on this in 4-8 week's time as a pleasant hiccup.

EXACTLY... I've had my gear at 12/12 for several months now, I paid full price to do it and I'm not QQing about the Nova Packs... just buying/selling/trading like everyone else... and having fun doing it.

I don't begrudge other players the opportunity to fortify their gear for less than I paid to do it... and I was making a nice profit selling SCs to others and buying cheap ToFs that I can use to upgrade my fashion IDs and earn extra soulgold or soulpower to strengthen my toon... not to mention the awesome flood of runes in the AH to upgrade with.

Everyone's freaking out about the game economy... but I believe it will level out in a few weeks and doing a rollback to remove the effects of the Nova Packs would do much more harm than good, by punishing loyal players/customers for the GMs pricing error. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beware... my alts are legion... muhwahaha!!!

Wait... does that make me a schizo? O.O
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    edited March 2013
    Apparently, virtual game economy became more important then game being fun.