PLEASE limit statue switching to once per month or something

CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
.... This is Storm atm, was even worse last week with 1 Ignet and 0 Aeroses territories. This has been going on for months now. It's getting really ridiculous. Limit statue switching to once per month or something please. Guilds are switching every single week to try and hog as many territories as they can and then switch to avoid getting attacked.

1do7rdK.jpg
Post edited by CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion on

Comments

• CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion
    CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    .... This is Storm atm, was even worse last week with 1 Ignet and 0 Aeroses territories. This has been going on for months now. It's getting really ridiculous. Limit statue switching to once per month or something please. Guilds are switching every single week to try and hog as many territories as they can and then switch to avoid getting attacked.

THIS. SO very much this. They're all playing musical statues and it's making the Rift maps and battles every week so ridiculously expensive to bid on for the non-powerhouse guilds that actually might want a GOOD fight instead of a complete drubbing or a total no-show VS. TV or Imp because those two in particular, along with many of the other massive guilds are either too greedy and want to hog the entire map or just too afraid to actually have a FAIR fight vs. another guild that can match their firepower. Rift used to actually be FUN when it was more than simply the ridiculous few that can afford it, plus now all of the stronger players have gone to those huge guilds just to be able to Rift. (The Rifts vs. "no guild" were actually quite fun as well, because you would find a mix of folks

Seriously, something DOES need to be done about this. It's killing Rift. It's killing the mid-sized guilds on the server who want Rift. There are even guilds that have been able to contend in Rifts that just can't get a bid because of this statue BS. Map resets, penalties for having too many lands owned by the same statue, major penalties for switching too often, whatever - SOMETHING needs to be done. This is deja vu for those of us who have been around for the eras of the single-colored TW maps on PWI, and quite frankly, if this **** keeps up, some of us may find this to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and runs us off to search for other games.

(TL; DR version: Fix the Rift system. It's making things even MORE boring with these landhogs.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suuliya - Storm Legion
    Suuliya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It doesn't matter, all the large guilds stay on the same statue to avoid fighting each other. People would rather use rift as a means of farming than to pvp. Just like everything else in this game people run from a fair fight and flock to an easy win. They would rather game the system than play the game. As long as the mechanics of the game allow for it people will take the path of least resistance.
  • Hentam - Storm Legion
    Hentam - Storm Legion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IJust like everything else in this game people run from a fair fight and flock to an easy win.

And I completely agree with Cute, something need to be done about Guild Statues, or make it able to fight against same statue or something...
    Lets pretend i have a cool signature here
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would prefer a system similar to what HoTK had. If you switched allegiances, your land didn't come with you, it stayed with the allegiance you won it for. The guild didnt own the land, the state did (for FW that would be the god). There was also a penalty for switching allegiance, however the penalty was waived if you were switching to an under represented allegience and the rewards for winning land in an under represented allegiance were enhanced. This completely encouraged an even distribution amongst the powers rather than everyone flocking to 1 side.
  • CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion
    CuddlyWuddly - Storm Legion Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would prefer a system similar to what HoTK had. If you switched allegiances, your land didn't come with you, it stayed with the allegiance you won it for. The guild didnt own the land, the state did (for FW that would be the god). There was also a penalty for switching allegiance, however the penalty was waived if you were switching to an under represented allegience and the rewards for winning land in an under represented allegiance were enhanced. This completely encouraged an even distribution amongst the powers rather than everyone flocking to 1 side.

Thank you for reminding me about HoTK's system - that would be one of the better ways to do it! I guess something like that would take a lot of coding on the part of the devs, plus it might require a map reset to be able to implement properly, but it would make the Rift scene a lot more interesting than that handful of guilds reaping all of the rewards by gaming the system.

Forsaken, Grey - if you happen to see this sort of suggestion and find ways to make it happen, there will be cheesecakes in your future. Delicious homemade cheesecakes. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im from the #1 guild on eydra and we dont change statues and out map looks just like that we fight 6-10 rifts per week and continue to win them
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ah but see, on storm this is causing only 6-13 rifts total available forbidding that week. This is not including the rifts that each guild is able to bid for. It gets down to 1-2 battlefields per week that each guild can bid for.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And since the bids are so limited and the larger guilds are not fighting each other, it means they are able to concentrate their players against the mid sized guilds, who are over matched. It's a good strategy for farming their territories. I give them that, but it leads to stagnation.
  • PGynt - Storm Legion
    PGynt - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree, something must be done about rift. One maybe easier solution would be to reduce restrictions on alliances' participation in rift. As I understand it the only way an ally can help in rift is to help defend a territory that is being attacked by a guild that owns a territory. How about simply, if they are an ally, they can join in rift?
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When rift first came out I thought it was an auto-queue system, like arena.
    You queue for a map.
    If you are lucky you get a fight,

The end.

But now, guilds switching to protect territories-
    One guild says "We don't have enough to win 100v100, if less then we would fight"
    The other says "If you don't want to lose yours, then we'll keep all of ours"

Of course, in the end, there will be too little rifts to play, mainly guilds with no territory vs Big guild defending front line territory

Something like

Red Team - 16 players Lv50-70. 1 good person
    Blue Team - 30 players Lv80-80. 1 good person, but all OP geared

:confused:
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree, something must be done about rift. One maybe easier solution would be to reduce restrictions on alliances' participation in rift. As I understand it the only way an ally can help in rift is to help defend a territory that is being attacked by a guild that owns a territory. How about simply, if they are an ally, they can join in rift?

I don't think that would really help. It would allow stronger guilds to bring in allies from other guilds to powerhouse another guild by attacking it. At least with the way it is now the only way an ally can participate is if the guild is being threatened. This leaves attacking guilds the choice whether to fight for a territory or not, and prevent getting beat because an ally joined, whereas if attacking guilds could bring allies, those other guilds that may not have any allies are stuck fighting a possibly even more OP team without choice.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Doesn't really surprise me. Everything in this game is being exploited and gamed instead of played and fought for on even grounds. But that's just player base we have here. Full of cowards crybabies every time stuff doesn't go their way. So they find ways to exploit the system.

Don't expect anything to be done. Its not in PWE's interest to limit and make things fair everyone. Whatever encourages people to spend money on here and get what they want without working for it, will stay.

Just like how arena is, was and will always be exploited by low lvl farming score by heavy Cash Shopping, or paying people to boost your score. Its just a natural progression to Rift. Anything that is balanced and enjoyable sooner or later becomes another objective for the scu m that play this game to try and exploit.

Nothing ever changes, just like how some of those that got banned for hacking unavailable items and rare items are still running around in game and using them, they were supposed to have been perma banned? Yeh right.

EDIT: Btw, why doesnt statue switching mean u lose all areas u gained with previously? Seems like a natural thing imo.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know this might seem counter productive to the situation...and really I can only speak for the situation on the Storm server...as I'm not on the others.

Since it appears the top-tier guilds are refusing to match up against one another...and it PAINS me to say this...I suggest that the opposing divinity alliances (Aeroses and Ignet) let them take the remaining territories. Once the map is purple...they won't have any choice but to compete against one another...or the system chokes off and dies. There would be no territories for them to bid against...since they own them all...resulting in NO Rifts. If they're going to play this hunker down game...let them hunker until there's nothing left.

That's really my suggestion for all the drama happening in player-manipulated PvP. Don't participate. By entering...even entering on principle, you're telling them it's alright. By fighting for the scraps...you're doing exactly what they want.

So...let them stagnate Rift. Let them purposefully lower their scores in arena. Let them play that aspect of the game by themselves...as they want it. They'll grow tired of it soon enough and learn.

Edit: Better yet...to deal with the Rift situation...why not have EVERY Rift guild switch to the same statue. It'll save us the time, and ensure no future Rifts can occur.
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know this might seem counter productive to the situation...and really I can only speak for the situation on the Storm server...as I'm not on the others.

Since it appears the top-tier guilds are refusing to match up against one another...and it PAINS me to say this...I suggest that the opposing divinity alliances (Aeroses and Ignet) let them take the remaining territories. Once the map is purple...they won't have any choice but to compete against one another...or the system chokes off and dies. There would be no territories for them to bid against...since they own them all...resulting in NO Rifts. If they're going to play this hunker down game...let them hunker until there's nothing left.

That's really my suggestion for all the drama happening in player-manipulated PvP. Don't participate. By entering...even entering on principle, you're telling them it's alright. By fighting for the scraps...you're doing exactly what they want.

So...let them stagnate Rift. Let them purposefully lower their scores in arena. Let them play that aspect of the game by themselves...as they want it. They'll grow tired of it soon enough and learn.

Edit: Better yet...to deal with the Rift situation...why not have EVERY Rift guild switch to the same statue. It'll save us the time, and ensure no future Rifts can occur.

A lot of guilds and members depend on rift though, and look forward to it every week. By not participating, there goes their chance for divinity, dedication, runes, as well as other prices that help both the guild and each individual member of the guild.

I know in the guild I'm in we always do a rift when we can, even if we know we're going to lose. Just simply for all the aforementioned things. You give that up, a lot of guilds will slowly start crumbling imo.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    im from the #1 guild on eydra and we dont change statues and out map looks just like that we fight 6-10 rifts per week and continue to win them

If you mean final, they did change statues awhile back. Seemed like a similar reason then, to not fight the other strongest guild at the time.
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL!

My suggestion would be - remove stupid deities completely, add more rift territories, and then think of something yourselves (the PWI staff) to make it better, cause the way it is, im bored of fighting the same 3 guilds whole time. -_-
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    edited March 2013
    and Im bored fighting against no shows/smaller weaker guilds.
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL!

My suggestion would be - remove stupid deities completely, add more rift territories, and then think of something yourselves (the PWI staff) to make it better, cause the way it is, im bored of fighting the same 3 guilds whole time. -_-

This :D The deities add safe havens and constraints. Needs to be FFA all the time.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • laajmie
    laajmie Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I put in a suggestion earlier in the suggestion box section about limiting rift territories maximum a guild can own. If you only got a certain max amount of territories to keep, which in my suggestion I put down to 5, means it becomes easier for the top tier guilds to defend them against smaller guilds while allowing smaller/medium guilds to start fighting eachother because they can finally keep a territory or two depending on their guilds strength. Meanwhile the stronger guilds can finally start fighting eachother for FUN rifts instead of powerhousing a map and finding ways to scheme together to keep as many territories as possible for "gear"farming.

I wasn't against an idea that was suggested in the thread by Ginius either that if this was implemented an increased chance for the epic rift gloves would be higher, although I suggested it would be increased if you kept a 'harder to keep territory' like 60v60 or 100v100. This way strong guilds can fight eachother over those territories (Yeah, it's possible depending on map strategy to get at least 2 60v60 and 1 100v100 territory owned by the same guild even if you're only allowed to own 5 territories which in this scenario would mean still good chance for the gear people desire).

This would I believe also solve your problems with guilds switching statues to be able to protect their big amounts of territory by not being able to be attacked by other strong guilds because there would simply be no reason for it. And as for getting fun rifts against other strong guilds wouldn't really be a problem if you could just persuade a smaller guild or two to keep open up the 60v60's or 30v30's the other stronger guilds on the other side of the map owns.

Also, if a guild is strong enough once you get the big territories you covet and still own the 1-2 30v30's you got along the way. You could just lose those on purpose and try to work on winning another 60v60+100v100 if you so desire and only keep 5 of the hard to maintain territories, it doesn't really limit you that much in terms of actual power. But imo it's just creating more opportunities for equal rifts.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
  • RedemptionX - Storm Legion
    RedemptionX - Storm Legion Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to agree with the topic.

All this system does is promote the monopoly of the lands by 3 guilds. This guilds gets all the Territory Wars benefits multiplied by their lands, and the other guilds dont have even a chance to bid a battle.

Either limit the times you can switch per month, or make a penalty system, or even better reset the lands monthly.

This is supposed to be an event for everyone. Its not a CS feature.

Even worse, some people go to those guilds to have TW and their items including purple gear and adv. runes, making them even more overpowered and destroying the other guilds.
  • ZavX - Storm Legion
    ZavX - Storm Legion Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish the map was red. I like red as a color more than purple. Everyone should shift to Ignet!

But in all seriousness, yeah I guess it would be cool if something was implemented to prevent this near complete stagnation of land that exists right now. Although, on the other hand, it gets boring having to go in and just go through the same motions over and over against no-show guilds.

If it were up to me, the entire Rift Battle... well, for lack of a proper term that fails to come to me at this time, EVERYTHING, would get an overhaul. Like, add some variety to the battlefields, based on territory locations on the map. Maybe even add in some PvE elements somehow, just to keep things interesting. There are so many ways to approach the idea of spicing up the Rift environment, but sadly the chance for that happening are slim to none.

Oh, and the towers in front of each base are WAY too easy to take down, and should do a LOT more, possibly even AoE, damage. Just sayin'.
  • momoyama
    momoyama Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    we got a content update soon, anni gifts soon , arena new season guessing soon and when arena resets im thinking that rift map will reset for new season....happens on PWI
  • ZavX - Storm Legion
    ZavX - Storm Legion Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    momoyama wrote: »
    we got a content update soon, anni gifts soon , arena new season guessing soon and when arena resets im thinking that rift map will reset for new season....happens on PWI

A map reset isn't going to prevent the same thing from happening sooner or later.
  • momoyama
    momoyama Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    true, but they might add stuff to help prevent it
    or not.....

at least rift would be fun again for a few months
    and end the current stalemate .
  • JylIian - Storm Legion
    JylIian - Storm Legion Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Last week Hyrule was one of two non-Hydrus guilds on the rift map... all four of our territories were attacked as we were one of the only 6 territories that weren't purple. I apologize, but in order to protect my lands we switched. It made sense to do as EVERYONE was purple. Do I think the situation sucks? Yes. Am I about to switch back and become one of the only sitting ducks on the map again? No.

Not sure what else to say about it, or how to fix it. I agree that the rift system has gotten out of control and that the "big" guilds are avoiding actually fighting good fights and continually picking off the less pvp-orientated guilds. In their defense it is a good strategy; they are able to grow their empires and thus get more prayers every week, also encouraging more rift rewards and the ever so rare rift hands. All of these factors have more people flocking to join these bigger guilds... because let's face it, everyone wants to be on the winning team.

Not sure how to fix it, if it can be fixed, or even how to implement any changes at this point. I don't foresee any of the big guys making themselves vulnerable by switching off Hydrus, so the point is pretty moot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with penalty for switching statues. Some guilds do it way too often and now it has led to this situation, which makes no sense to me. We haven't switched statues not once since rift came out. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedemptionX - Storm Legion
    RedemptionX - Storm Legion Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Jyllian. Dont take it personal. Nobody blames you to take advantage.
    What is wrong is the system by allowing it.
  • trollerbate
    trollerbate Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Last week Hyrule was one of two non-Hydrus guilds on the rift map... all four of our territories were attacked as we were one of the only 6 territories that weren't purple. I apologize, but in order to protect my lands we switched. It made sense to do as EVERYONE was purple. Do I think the situation sucks? Yes. Am I about to switch back and become one of the only sitting ducks on the map again? No.

Not sure what else to say about it, or how to fix it. I agree that the rift system has gotten out of control and that the "big" guilds are avoiding actually fighting good fights and continually picking off the less pvp-orientated guilds. In their defense it is a good strategy; they are able to grow their empires and thus get more prayers every week, also encouraging more rift rewards and the ever so rare rift hands. All of these factors have more people flocking to join these bigger guilds... because let's face it, everyone wants to be on the winning team.

Not sure how to fix it, if it can be fixed, or even how to implement any changes at this point. I don't foresee any of the big guys making themselves vulnerable by switching off Hydrus, so the point is pretty moot.

So, basically speaking, you took a cowardly approach, guess that says a lot about your guild, huh?

On-Topic; This sort of thing can happen in every game.

Off-Topic; As said by others, I shall clarify for the reading impaired, that people who CS, will always be able to avoid bans, regardless. Why? Because FW can't lose it's money, now can it?

That being said, I know of over 20+ people on Lionheart, that deserve bans, seeing them abuse and mistreat new players aswell as the World Chat, gets old, real fast.

That being said, the guilds specified on the server stated, are just cowards who rely on them big wallets from their mommies, while they live in their basements, just to gain that edge on a game that is, as I read, free to play. As much BS and nonsense as I see, it should be changed from Free-to-Play. Honestly, the unfairness stretches from Rifts, to PvP, to PvE. Those without even decent gear, get ignored, or even told off. I want to know, if the ADMs will, knowing they do enough, try to help solve this for the general players.

Not trying to be rude, or hateful or even spiteful and upset the staff, but the amount of drama from the lack of fair play, makes me wonder, if the Devs only use the staff and players as marketing tools so they don't have to look bad, and instead, the playerbase can aim their disdain at said staff, ignoring the creators who, as I've seen others use the excuse, can't translate chinese into english well.

FW is pretty damn old, for one thing, if they were not going to be able to translate it into english well, why even bother? There are so many questions, and the poor staff, Nyxa and them, just get abused horribly, even though they have no control over the game, while the Devs do whatever they want, to get that big payday, as the playerbase targets Nyxa and the ADMs.

Maybe the Devs need to stop hiding behind their PCs and using the ADMs as a meatshield, and instead, give them power enough to help in game more. I've made and run Private Servers etc, having game masters, per say, helps quite a lot. Instead of the whole send ticket and wait thing, yeah, Nyxa, Forsake and them work hard, have lives. But, I feel they deserve a promotion aswell as more respect than they get.

You don't just make staff who can't do **** in a game they help monitor. That's like sending a cat into a pit of dogs.

Now, back to the topic.

I agree, there should be a new system for Rift installed, since I don't see how only 2-3 guilds can even find much of a challenge, if they just switch, or maybe they're gutless morons, too afraid to have people who actually know how to play their class with weaker gear, show them up.

I'm done now. :D
    PWE put up an advertisement for a Bogo that people were sure to spend a lot of money on, then they waited right until the weekend, before the event is supposed to end, then they turn off the servers, leave the players in suspense, and then announce a rollback, with little to no chance of any one who spent that $**** amount getting their money back. So, that money now belongs to PWE, and you got stuck with Zen a lot were hesitant or weren't even going to buy. It's also nearly 2 days late.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    edited March 2013

I dont blame you. That's what every guild would have done. This just shows that there's a problem with the current rift war system and it needs to be resolved.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    have to agree, Team Visa has switched statues so many times that i've lost count and Imp has changed statues a few times also iirc. it sucks for those that have been with the same statue since the release of rift wars. I don't blame the guilds that were forced to change statues to keep their territories from tv and imp as they just want to own as many territories as possible. Tbh there should've been a "you pick one statue and thats it, can't change it no matter how much you complain about it or a change statues and you lose all your territories"
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.