sacred energy talent

muppette
muppette Posts: 11 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
So I noticed that rebel priests get their own little BoR. I started stacking runes for it but a guildie told me u can only go up to the max lvl of the talent.+1 (e.g. sacred energy can go up to lv3 so I can stack 4 runes if im divine). Is this true?
And it says that it deals 400 dmg & drains 4% mana to the attacker when hit. But when I was testing it it only reflected about 50-120 dmg. Is the description wrong or am I just bad at interpreting things?
Post edited by muppette on

Comments

• PEZ - Eyrda
    PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, any talent can only be increased by one talent over it's max. That means if you have a 3/3 talent, you can only get a benefit from 1 rune.

Just about all damage is affected by wrath. Prot retaliation aura does next to no damage with starter wrath. With red hand, it gets up into the thousands. I imagine your retaliation effects will work the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No, the sacred Energy hits 800 no matter the wrath (RH, slightly increased, or no wrath). I use it on my priest. In addition it only reflects back once. This is not a skill you should use in hopes of it being like BoR's damage, but rather for the mana drain. The damage from it is nothing to brag about...my priest's auto attack hits higher and more often.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i don't know anyone who uses that skill in pvp like 12s/3s/6s for its reflect attack, but some priests do use it in open world pvp because it autoflags white-named people when you use it on them so they can get ganked....
  • BIissful - Eyrda
    BIissful - Eyrda Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The reflect of Sacred Energy depends on your wrath and the wrath of your opponent just like everything else... I also just double checked to make sure. :| At your base wrath, the reflect is significantly less than what it is at red hand.

On my lowbie rebel with 3/3 points talented, it reflected 174 damage at base wrath. With redhand, I reflected a flat, consistent 600 damage on the same player. If the player deactivated his wrath, the reflected damage of course increased.

However, I agree about the damage not being an important factor of the talent. I would not get Sacred Energy for a maximum 800 damage reflect (that is 3 points talented with 1 in rune). The real kicker is the mana drain... at 4/3 points talented, it drains 8% of the attacker's max mana. For high mana classes... well, that is significant. For example, if used properly, sacred energy (often coupled with other skill/talent mana drains) can drain a mage in a few seconds if he chooses to focus a priest with the talent fully leveled.

EDIT: @ Amantine: That reflect-flag glitch was fixed a long while ago. :c It now applies the sacred energy buff to the caster, not the target. So the caster can get flagged by healing someone else or themselves, if they have sacred energy talented/runed and are attacked with the buff active.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    EDIT: @ Amantine: That reflect-flag glitch was fixed a long while ago. :c It now applies the sacred energy buff to the caster, not the target. So the caster can get flagged by healing someone else or themselves, if they have sacred energy talented/runed and are attacked with the buff active.

been ages since i was last at tpt and ofc i dont play any rebels, my mistake :p
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    i don't know anyone who uses that skill in pvp like 12s/3s/6s for its reflect attack, but some priests do use it in open world pvp because it autoflags white-named people when you use it on them so they can get ganked....

Seems like someone here needs to comment less on stuff that she doesn't really know about...:rolleyes:
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sacred energy flagging was fixed like 6 months ago O.o, also they made it heal for elf and LoH for humans so it wasnt disgustingly spammable, so the mana drain is the only reason to get sacred energy
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • Strippy - Eyrda
    Strippy - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what!? sacred energy? It's still a relevant skill? OH man...i should look it over again. A single reflect of 600-800 that needs to be recast. hmmmmm
    Strippy