[NOTICE] Emergency Server maintenance for 1/28 - Eyrda Server

Comments

• silv3rngold
    silv3rngold Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    It's a hardware problem, not a patch problem. sorry to burst your bubble.

Hm, and how long has the hardware been a problem? Probably longer since people have been crashing hardcore on our server for at least 3 weeks?

Listen, your fixing our problems and we are grateful but what YALL fail to understand is we are a pvp server. We are naturally competitive people.

ARENA is the primary time where we can flex our competitive side and you choose to "fix" your problems during our, the customers, favorite time.

No, thats not ok and not intelligent.

Thats like CBS shutting down for "emergency situations" during primetime... it doesnt happen. You know why? Because its flipping primetime.
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jeez, now people want pvp :D
    its only 2 hours, stop complaining :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ARENA is the primary time where we can flex our competitive side and you choose to "fix" your problems during our, the customers, favorite time.

Free to play game, so they can do how they like cause you dont have to pay for sheet :D

so no your not intelligent and its not ok :rolleyes:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you know this issues hasn't been going on since the last maintenance, oh right you don't know and PWE maybe have just received patch notes today to fix the problem. So it was 77% chance for the whole to crash since last maintenance, if that was unknown problem. I'm sorry if you don't do PvP that why I play this game.

What was that now?

And silv3r, if they were "choosing" to fix it at that time, then it wouldn't be an emergency late notice maintenance. You don't know when they found the issue. You're just making assumptions. Sure, people have been crashing, but the SERVER is at risk of crashing, not the people. That is a MAJOR difference.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • melliechii
    melliechii Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On a side note: Will Lycan's be getting their own Racial fashion?? O:

I mean, the Tribal fashion is cute and all, but each race as their own fashion unique to each race, so do we Lycans' get one too?? o: *simply just curious about it.*

^-^ Keep up the good work!~

Again; Ty for catching this issue. o: <3333

We do love you. Just some of us are more dense than others. :3
  • shannonb32
    shannonb32 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I understand the hardware issues with the server. But how come when I attempt to create another toon on a different server any of them I get to step three and receive a message saying fail to communicate with server. Can you explain please
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    how about a THANK YOU for fixing this ASAP

sheesh......

how about fixing the arena gear bug there about a week how about that charge promo how about SO MUCH OTHER THINGS THEY MESSED UP TO FIX............ if not for us pressuring them they wouldn't be kept on their toes so how about you not view (the staff/yourself/whoever else it applies to) as victims but thank us for keeping you on your toes HOW ABOUT THAT :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • silv3rngold
    edited January 2013
    Free to play game, so they can do how they like cause you dont have to pay for sheet :D

so no your not intelligent and its not ok :rolleyes:

Are you mentally challenged? Most Hardcore PVPers are the Cash Shoppers, thats just how it is. Hush child, let the big boys speak.
    What was that now?

And silv3r, if they were "choosing" to fix it at that time, then it wouldn't be an emergency late notice maintenance. You don't know when they found the issue. You're just making assumptions. Sure, people have been crashing, but the SERVER is at risk of crashing, not the people. That is a MAJOR difference.

Ok lets say my car broke down, it is necessary for my line of work. Do I choose to put it in the shop at 6pm after I am out of work or at 7:55, 5 minutes before im suppose to be in work?

You always have a choice, they made the wrong one. Customer complaints are the way companies learn from their mistakes. Thank you very much
  • Neos_Hecat - Eyrda
    Neos_Hecat - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How do you know this issues hasn't been going on since the last maintenance, oh right you don't know and PWE maybe have just received patch notes today to fix the problem. So it was 77% chance for the whole to crash since last maintenance, if that was unknown problem. I'm sorry if you don't do PvP that why I play this game.

Christ I have to get a translator just to read that ...

As Kraken already stated the issue is in fact hardware related. Now anybody with half a brain and three days of experience with a computer knows that hardware failures can happen at any time and with absolutely no warning. So while the issue may have been an encroaching crises for the last week, it likely did not come to the attention of the tech team until just within the last hour or so. So once again you label yourself voluntarily ignorant and blind to the reality around you and seek instead to sequester yourself in the pseudo-reality you've created in this virtual environment.

And just to put the record straight I do in fact enjoy PvP combat on a regular basis. Sadly however Arena is not my preferred choice for a productive and entertaining envorinment. If I wanted to fight somebody in a fish bowl, I would play games like League of Legends instead.
    Neos_Hecate - 79 Dark Vamp - Eyrda Server
  • Discotex - Eyrda
    Discotex - Eyrda Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2013

YOU. I love YOU. Keep it up <3
    We people are try to do Arena. Now can't get my 100+ dedication today.

I was at 120 dedi when the servers went down <.>
    Need help playing Aegis for PVP?-slightly outdated as of Lv90 patch-
    tinyurl.com/AegisGuide
    For other inquiries, refer to thread in warrior section!
    [SIGPIC]Discotex -Aegis[/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    Are you mentally challenged? Most Hardcore PVPers are the Cash Shoppers, thats just how it is. Hush child, let the big boys speak.

Ok lets say my car broke down, it is necessary for my line of work. Do I choose to put it in the shop at 6pm after I am out of work or at 7:55, 5 minutes before im suppose to be in work?

You always have a choice, they made the wrong one. Customer complaints are the way companies learn from their mistakes. Thank you very much

1 NO ONE I REPEAT NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY SHEET :rolleyes: hell the same money you CS with can be used for all th other games they host instead -DERP- why would that ake a difference on problems they just found

2. ok lets say you buy a car pay it off... now the cops come up saying they just found out the guy you got it from stole it... now they have to take it back, all the money to pay it is off gone the car is gone and you cant get it back because it is now used as evidence in a hot car... essentially thats what would happen if they dont fi it now with the characters all the cs EVERYTING...

back to last patch? psh if its hardware it could be rollback to beta :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Those are two completely different scenarios due to a number of reasons. 1) When did the car break down? 2) Is the car breaking down causing you to lose weeks worth of data? 3) What hours are you available to take care of the car?

To put it simply, you can't compare the two. As I stated before. Who's to say that 5 minutes in to arena the server crashes, thus preventing any logging on. Then because of the crash, everything, and I mean everything, the players have done the past week or so is gone. That purple weapon someone obtained? Gone. The triple acc ID on said weapon? Gone. Your arena score you obtained? Gone. All of it, in the blink of an eye, gone. Say they let that happen. Next thing you know, the forum will be flooded with "WHERE IS MY STUFF I DEMAND COMPENSATION BOGOS PROMOS QQ". Plain and simple.

So instead of running the risk of the server crashing within that time and all that data being lost, they take it down now when they come across the issue so that you only lose 2 hours worth of playtime rather than however many weeks.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • lochdanon
    lochdanon Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hm, and how long has the hardware been a problem? Probably longer since people have been crashing hardcore on our server for at least 3 weeks?

Listen, your fixing our problems and we are grateful but what YALL fail to understand is we are a pvp server. We are naturally competitive people.

Thats like CBS shutting down for "emergency situations" during primetime... it doesnt happen. You know why? Because its flipping primetime.
    LOL, you cant really deny the logic here hehehe
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would rather them find out about a hardware problem and deal with it immediately than wait and risk rollback. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyvim - Eyrda
    Dyvim - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013

100% agree with this guy..

@ the timing of this maintenance
    > Give me a break!..... A heart attack is an emergency.
  • Caralyl - Eyrda
    Caralyl - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    For what it is worth thanks but...mind you there are still some things that still needs to be fixed so when are those going to be corrected?
    Chill, it will be over quickly!!
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Those are two completely different scenarios due to a number of reasons. 1) When did the car break down? 2) Is the car breaking down causing you to lose weeks worth of data? 3) What hours are you available to take care of the car?

To put it simply, you can't compare the two. As I stated before. Who's to say that 5 minutes in to arena the server crashes, thus preventing any logging on. Then because of the crash, everything, and I mean everything, the players have done the past week or so is gone. That purple weapon someone obtained? Gone. The triple acc ID on said weapon? Gone. Your arena score you obtained? Gone. All of it, in the blink of an eye, gone. Say they let that happen. Next thing you know, the forum will be flooded with "WHERE IS MY STUFF I DEMAND COMPENSATION BOGOS PROMOS QQ". Plain and simple.

So instead of running the risk of the server crashing within that time and all that data being lost, they take it down now when they come across the issue so that you only lose 2 hours worth of playtime rather than however many weeks.

Problem is some players don't care about crashing or losing thier items, they just want to run around and PVP the **** out of other players.....they are upset that arena is being taken away instead of fixing the issue....I'm 99% sure that these are the same players that post about the crashes NOT getting fixed, and now that it is getting done they aren't happy since it's not on "thier" time but yet on the companies time
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    Problem is some players don't care about crashing or losing thier items, they just want to run around and PVP the **** out of other players.....they are upset that arena is being taken away instead of fixing the issue....I'm 99% sure that these are the same players that post about the crashes NOT getting fixed, and now that it is getting done they aren't happy since it's not on "thier" time but yet on the companies time

im ordering a recall of all sane and/or mannerly people from this post

imma stay to make sure all get the message... may god have mercy on my soul :eek:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lochdanon
    lochdanon Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The crashes are a client side software problem, nothing to do with a hardware issue server side LOL, you people :)

Who cares, the servers are down, go play Pokemon for an hour, or angry birds, something.....
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013

they fixing their hardware problem not gonna fix the fact the client crashes randomly for no reason oh let me go open auction house crash oh let me run to henry crash let me just stand here and do nothing crash let me go farm some soul power load in to training grounds crash log back in crash lol you talking wrong issue there nyxa <3
  • silv3rngold
    edited January 2013
    1 NO ONE I REPEAT NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY SHEET :rolleyes: hell the same money you CS with can be used for all th other games they host instead -DERP- why would that ake a difference on problems they just found

2. ok lets say you buy a car pay it off... now the cops come up saying they just found out the guy you got it from stole it... now they have to take it back, all the money to pay it is off gone the car is gone and you cant get it back because it is now used as evidence in a hot car... essentially thats what would happen if they dont fi it now with the characters all the cs EVERYTING...

back to last patch? psh if its hardware it could be rollback to beta :rolleyes:

....Just shut up.

Oh really? My question still remains

1. When did the hardware Problem Surface or become a problem?
    2. No i wont lose "data" idiot, I'd lose future days of WORK. Another use of "Data"
    3. Why couldnt that have done it earlier or later? Because obviously they could have if it was such a horrid emergency.

Frankly, I didnt read the rest of your post because it seemed like random correlations of " oh you could lose this and that" and its only a CHANCE! ITS NOT GUARANTEED!

So if its not a guaranteed fact, its void in my mind because even if they DID reset someones data it can be easy compensated.

The FACT still remains, they could have delayed it 1-2 hours. The end
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    come on guys stop crying arena is the worst you guys really miss? Let them do there jobs at least that is where the money from all you CSers are for and that is to fix the stuff that goes wrong with this game. Keep paying and be patient!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    they have a point i guess... but fixing is priority.

i literally just got home from work and cant play.

some of you guys have had all day and i believe at least one arena opportunity.... i got to wake up at 6am, collect daily attendance (lucky i did it in the morning i guys) then be out of the house for 13 hours to find i cant login... yet im not pissed.

count your blessings guys, how many times have we laughed at the PvE guys rage about their servers going down.... while ours was fine.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Dyvim - Eyrda
    Dyvim - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2013

VagueAngel: if I was unable to play the game for 2 weeks I would just find a different game because there is not much special about this one other than some people I've met playing it and, of course, the occasional satisfaction I get from burning people with my phat flamethrower gun.

Nyxa: I don't envy your job at all. I hope you're getting paid well.
  • greyjoykraken
    greyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

2. No i wont lose "data" idiot, I'd lose future days of WORK. Another use of "Data"
    3. Why couldnt that have done it earlier or later? Because obviously they could have if it was such a horrid emergency.

So if its not a guaranteed fact, its void in my mind because even if they DID reset someones data it can be easy compensated.

1. Today, a few hours ago, about when we called for the emergency maintenance.
    2. Yes, you could lose data, the whole friggin server could be wiped. I daresay that VASTLY outweighs you losing one arena out of the week.
    3. See answer for 2.

Easily compensated? no, if the whole server got wiped, you'd all be boned, there's no way we could restore it.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    VagueAngel: if I was unable to play the game for 2 weeks I would just find a different game because there is not much special about this one other than some people I've met playing it and, of course, the occasional satisfaction I get from burning people with my phat flamethrower gun.

Nyxa: I don't envy your job at all. I hope you're getting paid well.

what pay?
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    ....Just shut up.

i answered all three of these... whats wrong to but hurt to deal with it

is_somepony_butthurt__by_dylandylan72-d4mh94z.png

4854949832_good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_11_xlarge.jpeg

please fill this out and give it to someone who cares butthurt-arizona-anonymous-bill-n.jpg?w=824

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hey while you gms are actually at work and not off partying or something why not give us some sort of response to contest rewards since crab is gone and leaving us hanging :mad:

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=428111
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    2. Yes, you could lose data, the whole friggin server could be wiped. I daresay that VASTLY outweighs you losing one arena out of the week.
    3. See answer for 2.

Easily compensated? no, if the whole server got wiped, you'd all be boned, there's no way we could restore it.
    what pay?

love ya greg but you have to give her benefits of some sort for this BS ill even contribute images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiqi3rRGmh0BPMsSH5ZHd1_7fpy92a_pnl-5QM-DDQqsPFKF_KFw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neos_Hecat - Eyrda
    Neos_Hecat - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3. See answer for 2.

You are now my new favorite admin.

/bows
    Neos_Hecate - 79 Dark Vamp - Eyrda Server
This discussion has been closed.