So about BOGO and CHARGE PROMO

Arizll - Eyrda
Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Any news on these? Or are we supposed to get another "it wasn't approved and it'll come when its ready" in the next maint thread?

:confused:
Post edited by Arizll - Eyrda on

Comments

• parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Are you really that stupid?

Methinks you must be ,,,,

Try to actually understand what the GMs post ,,,

Then maybe we wont have this stupid **** ** BoGO BoGo, Charge Reward ** Post 3 times a week

Untill then, Ill call everyone of you BoGoBoGoCharge reward Morons, an IDIOT
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    parking wrote: »
    Are you really that stupid?

Methinks you must be ,,,,

Try to actually understand what the GMs post ,,,

Then maybe we wont have this stupid **** ** BoGO BoGo, Charge Reward ** Post 3 times a week

Untill then, Ill call everyone of you BoGoBoGoCharge reward Morons, an IDIOT

Pretty sure I understood the GM post correctly. He said he is trying to get charge promo soon but it's not accepted yet and that BOGO will come back when it is done. What's wrong with updating the player base a little more though, rather than once-a-week update?
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh, there was a clear 3 step system lined out.

Step 1: We request one.
    Step 2: You don't need to be in the loop.
    Step 3: Maybe you'll be lucky and find out about it in the first 5 min before Marketprice buys up all the leaves.

I'm guessing since they banned Marketprice they are working on replacing him with their own market gouging/price fixing bots. Coming to a patch near you!
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    killsnitch wrote: »
    Oh, there was a clear 3 step system lined out.

Step 1: We request one.
    Step 2: You don't need to be in the loop.
    Step 3: Maybe you'll be lucky and find out about it in the first 5 min before Marketprice buys up all the leaves.

I'm guessing since they banned Marketprice they are working on replacing him with their own market gouging/price fixing bots. Coming to a patch near you!

If we don't need to know, why bother telling us about the 3 step thing?
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So you feel like someone is listening to you.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any news on these? Or are we supposed to get another "it wasn't approved and it'll come when its ready" in the next maint thread?

:confused:
    Hey everyone,

Heads up - regularly scheduled maintenance for all FW servers has been delayed to 1/23. Some of the issues that are scheduled to be patched this week have not been tested completely, so we have decided to delay the maintenance for 24 hours to allow proper testing.

As a side note, the charge promotion I mentioned to have requested during the last week's maintenance has been delayed (For those who may not be aware, I have put in a request for the charge promotion to start on January 22nd).

So when will the charge promotion actually take place? Unfortunately, I do not have the confirmed date. There are three steps to getting this done: request, approval, and implementation. Step 1 is done. Let's wait patiently for step 2 and 3 to be processed.

-Forsaken World Team

There is no confirmed date, and as for a date being given in the first place it was a REALLY bad idea, since things like this can happen....along with the fact that others posted in the maint thread as to WHY it may not happen for a while.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Besides...if they were to rush another BoGo or Charge Promotion with all these errors and bugs, we can easily predict the results.
    Person A: "I ChArGeD $100,000 tO YoUr GaMe aNdNOWiMNOTgeTTINGwHAT iPayEDFOR!"

Person B: "Learn to type."

Person C: "OP is Right about everything and Person B is just a CS hater"

This would go on back and forth until a moderator or GM step in as such...
    GM/Moderator/Admin: "We're looking into the problem to try and find a solution, please be patient."

Person A: "I pAY yOUr sALary wiTH mY BuyING STUff, i DEEManD you WoRK4mE LyKE youR My oWn eMplOyEe!"

Person B: "...Learn to type, and <insert logical side argument here>"

Person A: "iTs sO tYpiCaL tO Go aFteR mY TYpInG And tOtALLy mISs ThE poINt!"

Person C: "Person B is just jealous/QQing/envious that Person A and CSers are buying things. Disregard their logic and instead spend your time deciphering the code the OP created so we can back them up and overturn the unjust and dictatorial rule the AMURICAN PWE staff have brought to this Chinese game!"

Eventually the entire page becomes nothing more than a flaming trollfest, in which the GMs/Moderators/Admins...being human and not enjoying the annoyance any more than a sane person...lock the thread and are called communists and fascist power-hungry megalomaniacs for actually doing their JOB.

In short...do you really think it's a good idea to purposefully introduce something with a past history of being buggy...just to cause all that drama? I didn't think so.

P.S.: Typing "lYKe tHiS" is actually really hard to do...I honestly have no idea how some people create the illegible paragraphs with non-existent breaks and punctuation, but it's done somehow.
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    Besides...if they were to rush another BoGo or Charge Promotion with all these errors and bugs, we can easily predict the results.

This would go on back and forth until a moderator or GM step in as such...

Eventually the entire page becomes nothing more than a flaming trollfest, in which the GMs/Moderators/Admins...being human and not enjoying the annoyance any more than a sane person...lock the thread and are called communists and fascist power-hungry megalomaniacs for actually doing their JOB.

In short...do you really think it's a good idea to purposefully introduce something with a past history of being buggy...just to cause all that drama? I didn't think so.

P.S.: Typing "lYKe tHiS" is actually really hard to do...I honestly have no idea how some people create the illegible paragraphs with non-existent breaks and punctuation, but it's done somehow.

They always fixed it with support tickets so not really a problem itself.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    They always fixed it with support tickets so not really a problem itself.

how many players have griped about having to send a ticket in?

how many players have griped that they shouldn't have to send a ticket?

how many players have griped that by the time the ticket is replied to the event is over?

how many gripe that the issue whould have been fixed BEFORE the BOGO was even posted?

how many players gripe that thier issue is more important then someone sending a ticket in over a BOGO event, and that support is wasting "thier time" by answering useless tickets for those "stupid BOGO's that never work"?
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    how many players have griped about having to send a ticket in?

how many players have griped that they shouldn't have to send a ticket?

how many players have griped that by the time the ticket is replied to the event is over?

how many gripe that the issue whould have been fixed BEFORE the BOGO was even posted?

how many players gripe that thier issue is more important then someone sending a ticket in over a BOGO event, and that support is wasting "thier time" by answering useless tickets for those "stupid BOGO's that never work"?

Notice the omission of the word "players" in the third statement.

The logical...and just conclusion to draw from that. Players = Gripe. At least in these situations.
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    Notice the omission of the word "players" in the third statement.

The logical...and just conclusion to draw from that. Players = Gripe. At least in these situations.

and I just did a search under BOGO and support, a whole page of threads, and half of those are the points I just posted out.

So your options ae you get another flubbed up BOGO event, and gripe about it, and go through the same thing every time

OR

You can wait for the staff to fix the past issues and then put out a BOGO event where (fingers crossed) there is no need to make posts/threads stating that there is an issue and you are then forced to send a ticket, forced to wait for support to go through all the tickets before yours, and send you your items that you paid for.
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    and I just did a search under BOGO and support, a whole page of threads, and half of those are the points I just posted out.

So your options ae you get another flubbed up BOGO event, and gripe about it, and go through the same thing every time

OR

You can wait for the staff to fix the past issues and then put out a BOGO event where (fingers crossed) there is no need to make posts/threads stating that there is an issue and you are then forced to send a ticket, forced to wait for support to go through all the tickets before yours, and send you your items that you paid for.

Or we can have the semi broken but still functional system until the better one comes?
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    Or we can have the semi broken but still functional system until the better one comes?

and if we did that, are you going to be the one to deal with all the posts
    are you going to be the one to contact someone from the staff
    are you going to be the one dealing with mass amount if tickets
    are you going to be the one getting the flack for the broken event?

cuz if you are then I'll try talking to forsaken and see if he can get it done and make sure you are the one to deal with all the players and thier complaints
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013

cuz if you are then I'll try talking to forsaken and see if he can get it done and make sure you are the one to deal with all the players and thier complaints

Oh come on, it's not like PWE did not do the broken BOGOs for 1 year+. The question is why stop now?
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh come on, it's not like PWE did not do the broken BOGOs for 1 year+. The question is why stop now?

dude thats a good question but nyxa might lock this because you called them out o.o
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    dude thats a good question but nyxa might lock this because you called them out o.o

Called who out? :confused:
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013

not going to lock it, since some player clearly doesn't care that they are trying to fix what is broken, to stop the threads and to make sure that the players get thier items right away

he'd just make a new thread anyways
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    Nyxa...the prediction...it's coming true!

We've already skipped to the point where they're referring to PWE staff and Moderators as fascist dictators...quelling the speech of those who oppose the Mighty Perfect World Empire!

Seriously guys...they're trying to do you a FAVOR! They're trying to give you a complete product! Why would you want to buy a product that is broken!? THEY'RE TRYING TO BE HONEST! They're taking a hit here to try and square things out...so please, be a GOOD CONSUMER and wait patiently for the finished product!

By the by...to the vunderbar person who says "they've used broken BoGos all this time, why stop now?" Hmm...lets see...customers complaining about the product, some vowing to never return again if it's not fixed...and the company acknowledging the product DOES have faults, and is pulling it back until it can be fixed. That sounds like honest Business to me...

Then again...you could just send ME the hundred and thousands of dollars you wanted to spend in the BoGo...and who knows, I MIGHT give you something in exchange...like a used hat...or maybe my pizza crust. You obviously don't care about the money, just that you get SOMETHING...
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    not going to lock it, since some player clearly doesn't care that they are trying to fix what is broken, to stop the threads and to make sure that the players get thier items right away

It's not like it's the 1st thread like this. People are getting impatient not because we couldn't wait or be patient. But it's due to the fact that it has been close to 2 months without any real feedback especially about BOGO.

I know what Nyxa is trying to do but those explanations can only stop the complaints for so long. And I am only asking for some sort of confirmation that it'll happen soon and not just another one of those "we have no idea" responses.

And look it is friday now, so staff will be out until Monday. Then we usually have to wait until maint to ask stuff again and what if we get the same stuff 10 weeks in a row?
    It's not helping at all that the staff are keeping to themselves and not responding at all.
    Nyxa...the prediction...it's coming true!

We've already skipped to the point where they're referring to PWE staff and Moderators as fascist dictators...quelling the speech of those who oppose the Mighty Perfect World Empire!

Seriously guys...they're trying to do you a FAVOR! They're trying to give you a complete product! Why would you want to buy a product that is broken!? THEY'RE TRYING TO BE HONEST! They're taking a hit here to try and square things out...so please, be a GOOD CONSUMER and wait patiently for the finished product!

By the by...to the vunderbar person who says "they've used broken BoGos all this time, why stop now?" Hmm...lets see...customers complaining about the product, some vowing to never return again if it's not fixed...and the company acknowledging the product DOES have faults, and is pulling it back until it can be fixed. That sounds like honest Business to me...

Then again...you could just send ME the hundred and thousands of dollars you wanted to spend in the BoGo...and who knows, I MIGHT give you something in exchange...like a used hat...or maybe my pizza crust. You obviously don't care about the money, just that you get SOMETHING...

Sorry but I've csed 0 dollar in this game. Sadly there are still people who doesn't know how to take advantage of the BOGOs and charge promos without csing.

Also I don't know why you type like that. Just seems weird... to me at least.
  • gekidodamus
    gekidodamus Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2013

*raises hand* I will!

Of course, my response in each case will be to go stuff themselves, but I'll handle it. :3
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    *raises hand* I will!

Of course, my response in each case will be to go stuff themselves, but I'll handle it. :3

LOL thanks I needed that reply :D
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    LOL thanks I needed that reply :D

btw nyxa can you do us a favor and tell the GMs that 2x SP isnt working either on top of the current login server problems? Thanks.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    btw nyxa can you do us a favor and tell the GMs that 2x SP isnt working either on top of the current login server problems? Thanks.

I'll see what I can do
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    I'll see what I can do

Thanks.
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013

I say if we get anyone to deal with the customer complaints...it should be Parking! Can you imagine how many people would just say "**** it" and not bother with a complaint?
    Also I don't know why you type like that. Just seems weird... to me at least.

Are you referring to the way I normally type, or the "sticky" caps? If it's the former, you're not the first to make reference to its odd flow. While about 99% of it is grammatically correct, it has a way of tripping people up. If it makes you feel any better, and certain forum members will be able to attest, the way I speak is even worse. If it's the latter...that was just for a dramatic effect. It's actually very hard to type like that.
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2013

see the thing us some of us have 40k+ leaves and we need a bogo to spend it. ok normal leaf prices right now it's 27 silver 40k leaves will give me what just 108d
    while on MS boog i will get 180d + see that 80d difference is enough for me to also want to make 10000 threads get it?
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    see the thing us some of us have 40k+ leaves and we need a bogo to spend it. ok normal leaf prices right now it's 27 silver 40k leaves will give me what just 108d
    while on MS boog i will get 180d + see that 80d difference is enough for me to also want to make 10000 threads get it?

We are aware at how much more you will make from the bogo. First off, I am curious why that means FW needs to put out a bogo. IMO that is like saying your local grocery store needs to put out a cereal sale every time you are out of cereal.

Secondly, I am pretty sure that the GMs are not required to give us the play by play of requesting a bogo and or Charge Rewards. And even still, Forsaken kinda did give us that by saying it had been postponed for now (i.e. unsure of the the date OR you aren't going to be told no matter how many times you ask).

Finally, it is my understanding that these bogos and charge rewards are given to us less out of obligation and more from the kindness of the GMs and Admins. Pissing off the ones who provide the events for you really is not going to get you any more of them, but rather work in the opposite direction. Realize that now you are complaining when you aren't getting the events just the same as when you do get them.

On a side note...where is Parking? You would think he would have been all over this thread by now...
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pissing off the ones who provide the events for you really is not going to get you any more of them, but rather work in the opposite direction. Realize that now you are complaining when you aren't getting the events just the same as when you do get them.

pissing off the players from lack of decent sales and crappy buggy patches means no large sums of money being spent on their product, therefore losing out on good business. :rolleyes: they keep telling us its all about fix fix fix! (which in all likelihood nothing will be 100% properly functioning) but its taking them ages, what do they expect us to do, sit around with our thumbs up our asses? no, we want to play the game.

sure all the halfway broken bogos before gave them alot of headaches over support issues, but at least they were raking in money (only a few of the bogos didnt work for anyone at all, but most worked for some and not for others). but now? i imagine revenue for FW looks pretty skimpy....

aside from players wanting to make more money off bogos/promos, this drought is killing the economy, as has been stated many times before in other threads. no one is buying anything worth anything, so people can't make gold like they used to (without resorting to things like farming NC, LoS, etc..not everyone has such patience). everyone is holding onto their cash/leaves for these promos, causing the market to become quite stale.

if they dont want to put out any bogos for fear of issues at least give some super awesome sales in the boutique that people can get by on (i.e. 50+% off items) :confused:
  • Circonio - Nyos
    Circonio - Nyos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    one stupid question........what is the meaning of "BOGO" ?? ty all
This discussion has been closed.