Charge Promotion!

2»

Comments

• chocobo55
    chocobo55 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes. Though it may not seem significant, the sales / promotions for zen devalues in game gold. This is great for a heavy cash shopper like myself, but it also requires me to spend LOTS less money in game to get what I want. They need to balance the amount of stuff provided per dollar spent with the amount of money coming in. This way I have to spend $2,000 to get what I want instead of only spending $1,000 to get the same amount of leaves.

Given this situation where people are spending in spite of the absence of sales, I'm pretty confident that there will be no charge rewards or BOGOs for the foreseeable future. Maybe on Valentine's Day? Before guild wars 2 came out, we didn't really have this ridiculous merc BOGO every other week / charge promo every month extravaganza, so why should we demand it?

Bottom line. The value of the dollar has dropped in this game. It looks like we're getting some hot stilettos tonight!

bottom line is with the ammount of ppl who are waiting for a bogo or charge promo and seeing as the auction house is pretty much frozen cause ppl are holding onto their gold, it'd be pretty damn stupid to wait till valentine's day hell even to wait till end of the month.
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I had some christmas money to spend, was waiting for the charge rewards to open... they haven't opened, I haven't bought leaves. It's a pretty simple formula. No rewards = no spending.

PWE gave us some boxes to collect and 20 minutes of dailies to do for a holiday event, and that's it. Lame as hell.
  • danishcheese
    danishcheese Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the point is as follows...
    Say I have $550.00 that I'm saving for charge rewards.
    I see that nothing has changed on the main site since Christmas although it is the 7th of the month and holidays have been over for quite sometime now.
    So...with nothing being announced about charge rewards (or anything else for that matter)
    I go and buy that $500.00 pair of stiletto heels
    (that would compliment my pencil skirt nicely at work)
    THEN they do the charge rewards and i spend the remaining
    $50.00 dollars on charge rewards....
    therefore, this company has just lost out on $500.00 and only gained $50.00 because I have already spent the money on my
    oh so sexy stilettos.
    Now do you see the point?

:):):)

wxphD.jpg
  • NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda
    NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    think the leaves prices prove a promo/bogo is way overdue
  • mastermanxp3
    mastermanxp3 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ho hum...I'm getting tired of waiting...if I don't have charge's by 2 weeks from now, I'll just spend the 500 elsewhere ;)
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So if what this Kateena is assuming is true, FW will lose lot's of money :D
  • mastermanxp3
    edited January 2013
    Yup, big time.
  • sqli
    sqli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pwe. do a charge promo. obviously people want it as you can see.
    pls =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    !!@--&gt; MSSQL is NOT my alt <[email protected]!!
  • chocobo55
    chocobo55 Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i know for a fact that most people on eyrda want a charge promo and are waiting for it and whats worse is that its actually starting to affect non csers even. cause every one is holding onto their money waiting for the bogo/promo the auction house is pretty much frozen. barely anything sells unless its for a cheap price, ontop of that leaf prices are waaay down to what they normally are now sure thats nice but with all the people waiting for the promo its pretty silly not to do one since those people are just gonna spend their money they were gonna cs with on other stuff. seeing as theres plenty of alluring stuff out in the rl world lulz.
  • zbluestella
    zbluestella Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was just wondering if these were coming back?

I got some PWE gift cards for Christmas and have been waiting patiently for the daily specials and BOGOs to come back so I can get more bang for my GC buck!!
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :):):)

wxphD.jpg

Are we Still supposed to believe no promotions is a bad thing?

Cause, I'm thinking maybe it's not.

ijs.
  • rockazzz
    rockazzz Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    The state of eyrda economy is horrible action house nothing moves AT ALL everyone holding gold to get leaves and such and waiting for charge promos PLEASE bring on this week PLEASE so the game can get some cash flow going again CRAB SAVE US ITS ALL ON YOUR HANDS :D
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    remember back in the old days when there were no charge rewards? and no daily bogo sales?

good times... the economy wasnt destroyed then.....

**** the sales, star crystals and fusions shouldnt double in price over night.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • mastermanxp3
    edited January 2013
    This is getting ridiculous. Come on Crab/Loki/Gray/any others, at least ACKNOWLEDGE us and let us know if there is none planned for the future.
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    new gm's PLEASE BRING A CHARGE PROMO :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • junglist101
    edited January 2013
    gm's please bring us a charge promo :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

your just killing the in game economy and for a company so much people asking for a charge promo what you don't want to make more money?
    :eek: pwe not wanting money :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: what madness is this
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awh, I was trying hard not to fall asleep in the office just now and this thread woke me up :D

Helps me pretend I'm working as I type this!!! and yeah I WANNA Charge Promo + MS Bogo

-QQ's-

Money, money everywhere waiting to get spent but I refuse to spend it on here unless we see Charge Promo + Fusion Agent Sale + MS Bogo + Zen Sale ALL AT THE SAME TIME! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm just curious, IF and just say IF you get a charge promo of BOGO how many of you are going to start rage posting is something goes wrong?

Since it seems that when palyers post that they want something and the secnd it goes wrong there are rage posts stating that "you should have tested that better" or "if you knew there were going ot be bug why put it out there"

I'm really thinking this could be the reason there is no promo of any type going on right now, they are in fact making sure there is no bug, snag, SNAFU what ever you want to call it so you can get the items and not complain about it later.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • junglist101
    edited January 2013
    when is next charge promo :confused::confused::confused:
  • Geselin - Illyfue
    Geselin - Illyfue Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm just curious, IF and just say IF you get a charge promo of BOGO how many of you are going to start rage posting is something goes wrong?

Since it seems that when palyers post that they want something and the secnd it goes wrong there are rage posts stating that "you should have tested that better" or "if you knew there were going ot be bug why put it out there"

I'm really thinking this could be the reason there is no promo of any type going on right now, they are in fact making sure there is no bug, snag, SNAFU what ever you want to call it so you can get the items and not complain about it later.

I think by now, after a month or so of nothing, and after sitting on 15k leaves, I'd just be happy to get the 2/3 or 1/2 of the bogo that I can claim now, even if it means I wait a week or 2 for the second part of my loot.

The economy is dead, I've managed to buy leaves for 26s at some point, because gold has become so scarce. All the prices are dropping and rage/blood have dropped officially into the below 2g.

A crystalline that sold for 7-8g just a month ago is down to 4g.

These are just a few cases of the down economy we're experiencing that will take a month or 2 at least to recover.
  • d0ggiestyle
    d0ggiestyle Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Would be great to get the 15% xtra zen/charge rewards/discount on mercs and mercury bogo at the same time by now tbh :D

@ Nyxa: No pressure :p
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Would be great to get the 15% xtra zen/charge rewards/discount on mercs and mercury bogo at the same time by now tbh :D

@ Nyxa: No pressure :p

go read the Maint thread, there is info in there about the charge promo
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
This discussion has been closed.