A message from Crabclaw and Loki

crabclaw
crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

For myself and Loki, today marks the end of an era. Having worked on Forsaken World since the first closed beta phase up through today, it is difficult to consider the fact that today marks the last day either of us will work on this game. We are moving onwards and upwards in PWE, and will have shiny new positions starting next week.

I consider Forsaken World one of the best games I've ever CM'd for since I started at this company in 2010. I'm glad to mark the end of my community management career with this title, and am extremely thankful for all of the experiences I've been able to have with all of you. Most of the experiences, anyway. The Halloween page can die in a fire.

I may pop in game to spam system chat sometime, so keep an eye out.

TL;DR - Loki and I got promoted and are leaving FW. It's been real, everyone :)
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I, too, have trouble considering life after FW. I've been on this game since you all first heard it existed through today-but all things must end. Greyjoy will be here to be the new Loki, but I will miss a lot of the personalities on these forums.

The only way I can express this is with animals, I encourage you all to do the same!

How I feel about never facepalming at your threads again:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLhPGJJns0B_5Zj5GgJVqNea7hKZ9YWRobtykFXnA9o9NXcnfq

How I feel to start my new job:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkHjJbVW_G8MVPT35ueuYQHFbUI9iFWHkz3gcbNnLg3guEv8g
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll miss both of you, working with you has been an awesome trip/time :D
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you for the good times crabby and Loki! Good luck in your later endeavours :)
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    CRAB LOKI i love you guys crab give us a SUPER SALE/BOGO as a parting gift............ i would have to be honest here im sorry but i would miss crab more :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( i love you to loki but crab was love at first sight :D anyway congrats on your promotions and wish you guys the best......... marry me crab
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well this is indeed depressing
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • mybabylhoneylove
    mybabylhoneylove Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congrats to both of you
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations to the two of you, and the best of luck to you in your new positions. Thanks for all that you have done for us here in FW! I will be missing you both.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AriaSylph - Storm Legion
    AriaSylph - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Grats you two :D

... Going to miss yous though D:
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well...I guess I should say congrats on the new positions...and all that...

Haruka3B203Bo3B.jpg

But I don't see how the people who will fill in for you will ever put up with the shenanigans on this forum. I mean...you were slowly introduced to it in small doses!
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • yummylish
    yummylish Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It was a nice time Crab and Loki, Hope you enjoy your new positions, i still wonder what person is cabable of doing the work you guys did, and a person able to catch all the **** you catched from the awesome community! ;)
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OMG !! BOTH got a RAISE

Exclusive Pic of contractor finishing Crabs and Lokis' New Office

th?id=H.4862475077486719&pid=15.1

Im not sure if you get a Raise in pay when you get transfered to the roof????
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wow, not quite sure who you are, but rather than hding behind an alt with only this one post, why not be a "man" and post under your real account....becuase clearly you have something to hide

Aren't you displaying an alt? Lvl 43 priest? Some special reason why you aren't DrakenFyre anymore???
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    crab leaving again? .... sigh.... i hope whoever is replacing him has been lurking for a while at least, or a world of hurt is in store for a few of the more "infamous" members here... (myself included)

you two will be missed, lokis especially since she at least reads the PMs.

btw, where be you two going.... i may wish to stalk you there later.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    creepyguy wrote: »
    Aren't you displaying an alt? Lvl 43 priest? Some special reason why you aren't DrakenFyre anymore???

I'm not drakenfyre on here, Nyxa is my mod account,not hiding anything, as for my avatar it's broken since I'm not even a priest, I've posted about that a number of times in threads about the broken avatars
  • laajmie
    laajmie Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations to the both of you and good luck in any future endeavors!

(And dun blame yourself for the halloween page debacle crab, could've happend to anyone and it was a nice thing you tried to do at least)

So cheers guys and see you around.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
  • popostick
    popostick Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    wallet too small
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    i think i speak for everyone when i ask.... what happened to Ray ? he replaced crab last year.... will the same happen to crabs new replacement? heh....

YOU WILL ALL BE BACK! the games curse has a hold of you... you love our trolling too much to stay away.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Vivilies - Storm Legion
    Vivilies - Storm Legion Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Congrats, and we will miss you both!
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2013
    i think i speak for everyone when i ask.... what happened to Ray ? he replaced crab last year.... will the same happen to crabs new replacement? heh....

YOU WILL ALL BE BACK! the games curse has a hold of you... you love our trolling too much to stay away.

Ray is still around but working on a diff game, you guys ran him off :p

LOL told crab the same thing, that he will miss all of this :D
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I already asked that last maint thread! Copycat! Then again, I never looked at the thread again to see whether someone gave an answer.

Also good luck to crab and Loki, finally you're rid off us!
  • mastermanxp3
    mastermanxp3 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Aww..I will miss both of you..and at least this explains lack of charge and bogo, been too busy preparing for the new job...at least give us one before you leave, as was mentioned earlier, as a parting gift XD and I will find and stalk you later like Firebat, and give you some bad poems loki!
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ray is actually in a different department these days, but he's still alive and kicking. I'll shoot my nerf gun in his direction and yell at him that you all say hi.
  • silv3rngold
    silv3rngold Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    Where are the crying tiger smilies when you need them. Its been real you two, take it easy up there
  • herpd2derpd
    herpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can i have your gm weapons and armor then?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    grats on the promotion, but i'm sure we're all a bit nervous to see if the new guy(s) can handle this community :p

are the prizes for the screenshot/video/blood traitor marriage contests at least going to get handed out before you officially leave o.O
  • Artheah - Shylia
    Artheah - Shylia Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so since you are leaving I shoudlnt expect any bogos or charge promotions any time soon right?...if so any recommendations on what kind of TV i should buy?...
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited January 2013
    so since you are leaving I shoudlnt expect any bogos or charge promotions any time soon right?...if so any recommendations on what kind of TV i should buy?...

wtf? people play on shylia?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    BYE CRAB AND LOKI i only talked to crab once through world chat but at least i know gms exist and grats on the promotions :D

peace from everyone favorite nub vamp :p
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • rockazzz
    rockazzz Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Ray is actually in a different department these days, but he's still alive and kicking. I'll shoot my nerf gun in his direction and yell at him that you all say hi.
    crab can we get a charge promo
  • lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Luckily for you guys, crab and I had nothing to do with bogos and charge promos. That's up to the person we used to report to ^^

It's been real, guys, be nice to Grey, he knows as much as I do about the game at this point and will handle your bug questions. And post pictures of kitties.