Class Balancing

genocciide
genocciide Posts: 106 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Class Discussion
So PWE when the hell do u think you will stop making more CS items and start balancing classes?

atm ur doing a pathetic job at it
Post edited by genocciide on

Comments

• lamesquirel
    lamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    genocciide wrote: »
    So PWE when the hell do u think you will stop making more CS items and start balancing classes?

atm ur doing a pathetic job at it

What is your problem? Give examples of what you think is over powered, or nerfed. Then we will have a discussion. Till then, please post your complaints on a different forum.
  • Idolon - Storm Legion
    Idolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Also good to point out that PWE does NOT do any development with the classes and such, China does that. Any major changes originates with the chinese devs, if you want to complain to them, start learning Mandarin.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • Ghundam - Eyrda
    Ghundam - Eyrda Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Balance? FW developers have 0 idea what it is because their heads are still stuck on the screen drooling over Assassins!

When ......wait that will never happen ....... Forget about balance.

Bottom line is that the developers like Assassins and PWE has little to 0 influence on the isssue.

PWI/FW developers idea of balance is to keep boosting till everyone is even. The idea of nerfing thier fav classes is UNFATHOMABLE!!!!!!!!!!
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    Balance? FW developers have 0 idea what it is because their heads are still stuck on the screen drooling over Assassins!

When ......wait that will never happen ....... Forget about balance.

Bottom line is that the developers like Assassins and PWE has little to 0 influence on the isssue.

PWI/FW developers idea of balance is to keep boosting till everyone is even. The idea of nerfing thier fav classes is UNFATHOMABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, it isn't that the assassins are over powered. Maybe they are more powerful. What class are you rolling?

You clearly have never taken a gander at what the patches are changing.
  • genocciide
    edited December 2012
    What is your problem? Give examples of what you think is over powered, or nerfed. Then we will have a discussion. Till then, please post your complaints on a different forum.

vamp cs: can hit hit players for 70k with the exact same gear , yes i said players

sins: stealth gives a stupid amout of crit buffs wich normaly leads to a 1hit from the start, "also same gear"

and dont quote me on this acc to eva is waaaay outta of wack,

and to the other guys, i was under the impression pwe is chinese.. mybad
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    vamp cs: can hit hit players for 70k with the exact same gear , yes i said players

sins: stealth gives a stupid amout of crit buffs wich normaly leads to a 1hit from the start, "also same gear"

and dont quote me on this acc to eva is waaaay outta of wack,

and to the other guys, i was under the impression pwe is chinese.. mybad

Let me lay this out for you. Vampire and Sin are the most popular classes in game. With those 2 being the most popular, it wouldn't be surprising that a lot of cash shoppers play those classes. This will only make it seem like they are more "over powered" then other classes, but that doesn't fairly show the other classes cash shoppers as well since there isnt as many. This makes it seem that those classes are more overpowered. Everything balances out towards end game (MM a little weaker so just takes more money).

I also am guesing you are a noob. Since usually Priests are GREAT end game PvPers and you just haven't leveled up that high.
  • genocciide
    edited December 2012
    Let me lay this out for you. Vampire and Sin are the most popular classes in game. With those 2 being the most popular, it wouldn't be surprising that a lot of cash shoppers play those classes. This will only make it seem like they are more "over powered" then other classes, but that doesn't fairly show the other classes cash shoppers as well since there isnt as many. This makes it seem that those classes are more overpowered. Everything balances out towards end game (MM a little weaker so just takes more money).

I also am guesing you are a noob. Since usually Priests are GREAT end game PvPers and you just haven't leveled up that high.

so what ur saying is vamps cs which stuns is spammable and increases ur crit dmg by **** loads each hit isnt op?

your also saying that sins stealth increases everything to do crit crit dmg chance etc to the point of 1 hitting ppl with around lv60 mastery isnt op?

and yes i preists have there issues too i just chose the 2 OP classes to pick on, and if u cant see that leads to 2 thing u play 1 of those classes and dnt want a nerf or ur a noob urself
  • pabpab999
    pabpab999 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lvl 60 mastery "may be" negated by lvl 60 resistance and resist is cheaper

did sins and vamp really get buffed?

also as the others have said.... PWE has little to zero influence over the game development
  • RaizensFur - Nyos
    RaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    so what ur saying is vamps cs which stuns is spammable and increases ur crit dmg by **** loads each hit isnt op?

your also saying that sins stealth increases everything to do crit crit dmg chance etc to the point of 1 hitting ppl with around lv60 mastery isnt op?

and yes i preists have there issues too i just chose the 2 OP classes to pick on, and if u cant see that leads to 2 thing u play 1 of those classes and dnt want a nerf or ur a noob urself

If only CS increased my critdmg...if only.

That 71k hit example you gave is most likely a vamp with 80ish mastery(and prolly buffed to the teeth) on someone without any res. Best crit ive ever had was 61k and that was fully buffed(no windbard buffs) on someone who has little or no res at all.

But if were calling for nerfs hows about waterbards shield, the insane critbuff warriors get(not to meention stupidly high dmg with sacrifice) or Bor. Icemages daft amount of turning someone into an iceblock, or the spammable transform and prots insanely op stuns and rocky. Poor MM's..cant think of anything id call OP..
  • genocciide
    edited December 2012

That 71k hit example you gave is most likely a vamp with 80ish mastery(and prolly buffed to the teeth) on someone without any res. Best crit ive ever had was 61k and that was fully buffed(no windbard buffs) on someone who has little or no res at all.

But if were calling for nerfs hows about waterbards shield, the insane critbuff warriors get(not to meention stupidly high dmg with sacrifice) or Bor. Icemages daft amount of turning someone into an iceblock, or the spammable transform and prots insanely op stuns and rocky. Poor MM's..cant think of anything id call OP..

iits not the mastery im talking about, vamps 1 button spam move that stuns and hits harder every time he uses it oh **** vamp form ran out ill use dark ripple to heal and shadow scar to 1 hit, not to mention BR mixed with feast....

sin are stealth with massive crit buffs ur dead wen they show and yes i also agree with a water bard nerf

and yes i know now it isnt pwe, but they rly do need to stop putting more cs items up and atleast fix the game, arena crashing, GL crashing etc bare minimum
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2012

At my server its a vamp that hit 70k normal hit(non crit) in 12v12 on a priest with bubble at himself (the priest got around 40k-50k'ish hp somewhere, to be mentioned he use full tok set - the vampire. Im 95 mastery and i hit 70-100k crits with my best skill with hunters mark and and 447% crit damage, 77 twins and blabla, top notch gear to sum it up. Them also having higher survivability by faaar and ten times more CC :/

Never seen such gap between classes in any other game tbh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    At my server its a vamp that hit 70k normal hit(non crit) in 12v12 on a priest with bubble at himself (the priest got around 40k-50k'ish hp somewhere, to be mentioned he use full tok set - the vampire. Im 95 mastery and i hit 70-100k crits with my best skill with hunters mark and and 447% crit damage, 77 twins and blabla, top notch gear to sum it up. Them also having higher survivability by faaar and ten times more CC :/

Never seen such gap between classes in any other game tbh

You do know that the only under powered class is the Marksman, right?
  • Ghundam - Eyrda
    edited December 2012
    You do know that the only under powered class is the Marksman, right?

First of all realize that it is a matter of not only class but talent tree. It appears the developers wanted to make specific talent paths more PvP oriented and leave other for PvE. To me the problem there is that you are forced to take those paths to be competitive. Even at top level PvP and I am there on my mm, which by the way actually does quite well, there is a marked difference between certain class/talent combos.

This is not about mms being underpowered.

The bottom line is that Edge Sins, Dark Vamps, Ice Mages and Water Bards are the defacto best PvP classes in game at present! Throw in Divine Priest and you basically have the make up of the majority of top level teams. Considering all the other class/talent combos available it is obvious that there is inbalance.

Simply buffing mms is not the answer! So to make it seem that all is well its just that mms are underpowered is a shortsighted perspective on the issue that the balance in this game is off by a wide margin.

Thing is we the players identified what needs nerfing but either our GMs do not communicate our ideas or CN developers just don't listen. For instance no silence in this game should last for more than 4 seconds. Charmed Strike needs to have its damage multiplier reduced etc etc.

The main issue is this (and hence why the class/talent combos identified are op):

You cannot have great ccs and great damage too! Its either or but not both. If you are gonna do that then give the other classes better anti cc or better damage negation or both!

Balance in this game does not exist.
  • im2gr84u
    im2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    CS is just dumb, look at bloodlust sacrifice, but they have no cc and are squishy without BoR, edge/Dark sins with perma silence not talking about their crits... and vamps are the dumbest(versatile) class in this game, whoever designed charmed strike as well vamps must been high xD

• Vlampyre - Lionheart
    Vlampyre - Lionheart Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You really need to play some other MMO's before you start QQing about FW balance.
  • zergdummy
    zergdummy Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    u just won generic noob award buddy.

ever wondered why more ppl play vamp and sin? some of them didnt play them from start and rerolled. guess why?

ppl dont just play a class because its "popular". its popular because its overpowered lol. and theres alot more csers for those classes guess why? because they reroll or spend their money on a class that is actually good.....................
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    zergdummy wrote: »
    u just won generic noob award buddy.

ever wondered why more ppl play vamp and sin? some of them didnt play them from start and rerolled. guess why?

ppl dont just play a class because its "popular". its popular because its overpowered lol. and theres alot more csers for those classes guess why? because they reroll or spend their money on a class that is actually good.....................

Actually, people play classes that they know or ones they don't know. Example Vampire, this is a unique class that only a hand full of MMOs have. That is even counting "Necromancers" as vampires. This is a unique class that new players will go "i will try that one". Assassins are the generic rogue class of ALL MMOs and is popular in ALL MMOs. This is a comfort class that people play. So people are drawn to what they know. People that usually play "Bow" classes are usually split between Mages, Marksman, or Assassin. So that increases what they choose.

People are attached to those classes and usually your first toon is you main if you're new to a game.

Now as you were saying people rerolling. Some people will reroll because they think a class is overpowered. Which when most people reroll to those classes, it does NOT help the situation. It really comes down to skill. when you are good with one class and the other keeps beating you, ever think it was just you?

The more of 1 class you see, the more likely there is going to be situations to which you lose to it. That doesn't help the situation.

I will say that some classes need a little bit of extra work to be just as good as others. I will give you that

Incase you didnt get everything above, I will simplify. I typed the above part in between halo 4 matches, so i might have repeated stuff.

People play "Comfort Classes" or "Unique Classes"
    More people play a class, only natural to have good players be those classes. Those players start beating other players in PvP. Other players take note and switch because they keep losing to a Popular class, so they assume it is better. Now the problem is a lot of the players want to be these "Over Powered" classes.

^At the start there was a bunch of people, only naturally that some cash shopped. Since more players it is more likely to have a more cash shoppers then other classes. People see those cash shoppers doing good, so they decide to switch and cash shop.

This has happened in F2P MMOs A LOT.

Before you assume my reason is just cause I am a "noob". I am actually more of a hardcore casual. I spend as much time on as a casual. When I am on I do play to play and I will stay on extra hours if needed. Just because someone has a diffrent opinion then you, does not mean they are a noob.
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The idea of nerfing thier fav classes is UNFATHOMABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Well the only option, if they are not going to nerf their fav classes, is to buff all the other classes until everyone is equally powerful. So in the end, everyone will be gods.
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    Their favorite class???

Okay... Everyone needs to stop their dailies and read this that think game makers have a Favorite class.

Have you ever worked on a project for school? If you haven't then wait till your in highschool.

Well... Game developers take pride in what they make. It is like their baby. A game developer will love every detail of the game even if it is bad. The only parts a they won't like is usually the ones they have no power over (companies area of the game, Example: cash shop). Although game developers might not play every class, they know if not balance the players won't enjoy the game. It is really hard for a MMO like Forsaken World or WoW type to be completely balanced. The reason is, that they don't have 5,000 diffrent classes that can beat the others. These MMOs stick with around 4-8 diffret classes. Usually enough to have a variety, but not enough to make picking a challenge. Then there is games like League of Legends. There is so many champions that Riot can make new toons that can defeat other toons. Then those toons will have a weakness. So when 1 toon is really popular, it won't be long till the toon that can beat that one is found.

Making a game balanced and knowing 100% it is balanced is impossible. The problem comes to the players. The players are naturally good or bad. Some better then others. The bad players tend to call any class they lose to constantly OP. Not because they are OP, but becasue the player is bad. This makes it hard for a game to be balanced. Even if it was, no one would know.

Forsaken world is balanced far better then 80% of other F2P MMOs and a 50% P2P MMOs.

-Side Note
    Someone said something about certain trees being specified for PvP, which doesn't leave alot of room to make your own toon...

That is COMPLETELY wrong. No one is stopping you from doing another tree in PvP or making your own. People tell you what is best, but instead of experimenting you follow the leader and do as told. Then you complain about having no customization to the trees. There is 1 tree clearly made for PvP for every class. Who says you have to follow it? Why not make you own? Maybe a Hybrid? Mix it up. No one is stopping you but yourself.
  • Ghundam - Eyrda
    edited December 2012
    Their favorite class???

Okay... Everyone needs to stop their dailies and read this that think game makers have a Favorite class.

Have you ever worked on a project for school? If you haven't then wait till your in highschool.

Well... Game developers take pride in what they make. It is like their baby. A game developer will love every detail of the game even if it is bad. The only parts a they won't like is usually the ones they have no power over (companies area of the game, Example: cash shop). Although game developers might not play every class, they know if not balance the players won't enjoy the game. It is really hard for a MMO like Forsaken World or WoW type to be completely balanced. The reason is, that they don't have 5,000 diffrent classes that can beat the others. These MMOs stick with around 4-8 diffret classes. Usually enough to have a variety, but not enough to make picking a challenge. Then there is games like League of Legends. There is so many champions that Riot can make new toons that can defeat other toons. Then those toons will have a weakness. So when 1 toon is really popular, it won't be long till the toon that can beat that one is found.

Making a game balanced and knowing 100% it is balanced is impossible. The problem comes to the players. The players are naturally good or bad. Some better then others. The bad players tend to call any class they lose to constantly OP. Not because they are OP, but becasue the player is bad. This makes it hard for a game to be balanced. Even if it was, no one would know.

Forsaken world is balanced far better then 80% of other F2P MMOs and a 50% P2P MMOs.

-Side Note
    Someone said something about certain trees being specified for PvP, which doesn't leave alot of room to make your own toon...

That is COMPLETELY wrong. No one is stopping you from doing another tree in PvP or making your own. People tell you what is best, but instead of experimenting you follow the leader and do as told. Then you complain about having no customization to the trees. There is 1 tree clearly made for PvP for every class. Who says you have to follow it? Why not make you own? Maybe a Hybrid? Mix it up. No one is stopping you but yourself.

You are spilling a lot of theoretical bs. Come Eryda get to 79/80 then repeat everything you just wrote.
  • OneShotUDie - Eyrda
    OneShotUDie - Eyrda Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Their favorite class???

-Side Note

Try Playing a Marksman Where an Assassin Can Kill you even before you Shoot a Skill at it.
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Try Playing a Marksman Where an Assassin Can Kill you even before you Shoot a Skill at it.

ohhh the irony in that name, OneShotUDie.................. if u get the chance to shoot ofc :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    When did I say marksman arn't under powered? Everyone says that there is classes that are over powered, but when it comes to the people dieing. I find it only being Marksman. I know they arn't as underpowered as everyone makes it out to be. I know they are under powered though. So stop complaining, and play the game. PvP isn't the whole game. Marksman arn't horrible in PvE.

As far as my "theoretical bs" is concerned. It makes way more sense then "well people just play it cause it is over powered" theory that you guys believe. It actually makes PERFECT sense and explains it.
  • Ghundam - Eyrda
    edited December 2012
    When did I say marksman arn't under powered? Everyone says that there is classes that are over powered, but when it comes to the people dieing. I find it only being Marksman. I know they arn't as underpowered as everyone makes it out to be. I know they are under powered though. So stop complaining, and play the game. PvP isn't the whole game. Marksman arn't horrible in PvE.

As far as my "theoretical bs" is concerned. It makes way more sense then "well people just play it cause it is over powered" theory that you guys believe. It actually makes PERFECT sense and explains it.

To you, of course it does.
  • OneShotUDie - Eyrda
    OneShotUDie - Eyrda Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Dying is Natural, I'm not QQing about dying. I've actually gotten to the sense where Marksmen are just not looked after as other Classes on this game in Terms of PvP (Don't tell me any Bullcrap about PvE because not everyone is like you). Hardly Anyone Plays a Marksman, If they are it's either an alt or just made it for fun because it looks cute coz it's a midget lmao.
  • lamesquirel
    edited December 2012
    So this is just a Marksman suck thread? I wasn't sure if someone was claiming other classes were under powered.

Well nice job for stating the obvious. Although it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It is bad but not like a black hole.

Ever stop to think, maybe it isn't other classes are over powered, but marksman are underpowered?

Since this is just a Marksman thread and people are going to rage and rant about it just to do so. You ranters will be happy to hear that I am out of this pointless conversation.
  • Claryta - Eyrda
    Claryta - Eyrda Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    the first thing that should be done is prevent the csed items frm being able to be traded...second thing newpatch gave sins more damage and buff i guess ill throw back my 72 dark vamp and reroll to a werewolf sin..
    Wow really?
  • Sabriele - Storm Legion
    Sabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ok, since everyone is QQing.

Sins are SOOOOO underpowered! i mean really, ONLY silencing for 7 seconds max [if edge]! Really should be a 100% chance to stun for 7 seconds, or silence for 14 seconds, on every skill except assasinate. which should 1 shot anything no matter what, because cmon, that name!

Oh, and only having one stealth that can be used in combat? sheesh so underpowered! we definately need 2 or 3 more stealths that can be used in combat.. and they should all remove all cc effects too!

As for crit chance, 30% is wayyy too low, 50 or 60% minimum for sins. Could be implemented simply by increasing fatality to say.. 20% per level, instead of 3%. Easy enough, and wayyyy more balanced! Also, all sins should be given 1000% base crit damage, to ensure that nice meaty oneshot.

How could you call us "Assassins" if we can be hit like ordinary mortals! base eva of 3000 should fix that imbalance.

Overall, Assassins Underpowered! Buff them plox!

This post is ALMOST as serious as the rest of the thread.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If I hear another QQ about MMs, you're not playing right.

To make an OP precision MM costs like $5 in electricity. No mastery, the cheapest gems on the market and some reIDs from Fort Khoaway.

To make a good PVP toon that can kite, CC, get immunity to CC, go soul.

Burst sucks though if you compare to wind or fire mages sure, but of course everything can't be equal.

ILikeBigGuns, if a vamp hit 70k normal wrath on a priest through his bubble, i'd like to see the combat log on that. If "greatly improved" and "wrath is maxed out" and "critical" are not in that sentence, I would be VERY surprised. No vamp has ever hit me for 70k, crit or noncrit. So I call BS unless you have an unusual situation.

But will a blood warrior one shot you with some wrath and sacrifice? Will a sin gank you from stealth? Sure, but will you CC those two from a distance and kite them untill they run out of wrath at other times? Yes. That is what I call balance.

Sins are underpowered though, so they do need a buff. I like the venom PVP additions, but venom PVE is too crappy. Give back teh mutilation whatever that was.
  • Sabriele - Storm Legion
    Sabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Give back teh mutilation whatever that was.

I love you just for that sentence.
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom