Comments

• Jackro - Eyrda
    Jackro - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    25159739.jpg:eek:
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    let's say that my main was a lvl 6 prot, and my arguments would still be valid.
  • renisbackagain
    renisbackagain Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3448841&postcount=1
    Hello everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience caused by our sudden server restart today for 5-10 minutes. Due to the nature of this bug and prevent further exploits, we had to do this quick with no advanced warning. The server restart fixed the issue by resetting the points for the arena season. Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there).

So, PWE set multiple precedents (not just this) that players will not be banned for huge exploits gaining Cats, Arena purples, etc, saying it is not the players's fault that the bug is there.

You have no right to ban us after essentially saying multiple times it's okay to exploit to the max, "it's not our fault".

There was NO 3rd party programs used to exploit the halloween pages, you merely needed to view the source code and then type javascript in your browser's address bar. Yes you could use web dev addons too but they were not necessary. GMs are full of double standards and do not care about their own dying game.

If you wanted this server to not continue down the path of death, you'd stop banning people after setting the example you do not enforce the TOS, you'd reduce realms to one, you' make reasons to leave town and pvp, you'd make instances that are actually worth doing for profit, you'd get rid of soul gold so that the only source of cash and goods is NOT THE PAYTOWIN CASH SHOP that makes all these people need to cheat to compete, etc.
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited November 2012

So, PWE set multiple precedents (not just this) that players will not be banned for huge exploits gaining Cats, Arena purples, etc, saying it is not the players's fault that the bug is there.

You have no right to ban us after essentially saying multiple times it's okay to exploit to the max, "it's not our fault".

There was NO 3rd party programs used to exploit the halloween pages, you merely needed to view the source code and then type javascript in your browser's address bar. Yes you could use web dev addons too but they were not necessary. GMs are full of double standards and do not care about their own dying game.

If you wanted this server to not continue down the path of death, you'd stop banning people after setting the example you do not enforce the TOS, you'd reduce realms to one, you' make reasons to leave town and pvp, you'd make instances that are actually worth doing for profit, you'd get rid of soul gold so that the only source of cash and goods is NOT THE PAYTOWIN CASH SHOP that makes all these people need to cheat to compete, etc.

the ppl banned DID use something and thats the whole point.... not to mention a in game exploit is totally differnt than whats goin on here
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    the ppl banned DID use something and thats the whole point.... not to mention a in game exploit is totally differnt than whats goin on here

you don't know what you're talking about, no one used a third party program unless you count Firefox/IE/Opera in which case you have to ban all the refreshers and for that matter everyone visiting this site, including yourself.

If Final leadership gets unbanned I hope you get kicked you're terrible
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
  • jaxluxia
    jaxluxia Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually pew, 95% of the people who used this didnt sell as single item. Just cause dan did doesn't mean everyone did.
  • Shiister - Storm Legion
    Shiister - Storm Legion Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Love how Ren is reaching so hard to excuse his behavior.

Ren with your logic thats the same as saying to a person family member after their family member got killed "well if your -xxxx- wasnt at the place just now, he wouldnt of been killed"

See how stupid you sound Ren?:rolleyes:
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    jaxluxia wrote: »
    Actually pew, 95% of the people who used this didnt sell as single item. Just cause dan did doesn't mean everyone did.

i didnt say all sold i mentioned multiple things they did ....gained absurd amounts of chroma quickly, sold things, obtained multiple of a extremely rare pet with intent to sell etc

also who said i was a refresher? and firebug and tamperdata both are plugins/addons that is THIRD PARTY and that is what most of the exploiters used and that is common knowledge, if its not what you used then good for you you found a slightly more obscure way to exploit the same thing
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're comparing apples to oranges. The previous infractions are not nearly the same type and by far not on the same scale.

Also, even if people who received items did not sell them, the end result is the same - they would have use it all to improve their individual characters through illegitimate means. Whether they kept the items and used them themselves to improve their toons or sold the items for gold to improve their toons, the end is the same.

So many fallacies trying to be used as justification ==
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaxluxia
    edited November 2012
    So you're saying getting a Full set of purple arena gear is not NEARLY as bad as getting a few lvl 3 gems? ....then plz give all my characters lvl 75 arena gear and unban me?

also speaking of improving toons, my arena gear argument still works. Lets look at the difference between ToK gear and full arena purps? Now look at the diff in everyone's toons before and after the glitch? Again, IMO the arena gear glitch was worse.
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    the lvl 3 gems arent the big deal here and is not why ppl are banned and you damn well know it....its the ppl who did lvl 4 gems cat girls and unobtainable pet skills and things like that so your comparison is null and void
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    You're comparing apples to oranges. The previous infractions are not nearly the same type and by far not on the same scale.

Also, even if people who received items did not sell them, the end result is the same - they would have use it all to improve their individual characters through illegitimate means. Whether they kept the items and used them themselves to improve their toons or sold the items for gold to improve their toons, the end is the same.

So many fallacies trying to be used as justification ==

ok so you're telling me that 40d+ and weeks worth of arena boosting worth of purple top pvp gears is "less of a bug" than people spawning themselves a couple IV gems or pets? riight..idiot

the point here is.. everyone is in the wrong. ESPECIALLY, and most of all, PWE for the precents they are setting. They said it's okay to cheat before, so everyone jumped on this without hesitation. If PWE are going to actually start enforcing their rules suddenly, this should be the warning shot that things have changed (and if that is the case ALL FUTURE EXPLOITS SHOULD BE THREATED THE SAME)

double standards are ****ing idiotic and send mixed messages.
  • jaxluxia
    edited November 2012
    Banning people who got UNATTAINABLE Items is fine. I'm just talking of the average glitch abuser. A few gems, not lvl 5 twilights and pets skills that don't exist.
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f5-ing the **** outta the page in hope of lvl 3 gems and altering game codes to send urself stuff that isnt even implemented in game yet is a whole diff world...
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest
  • jaxluxia
    edited November 2012
    IJS, ban the people who got the sh*t that's not in game, everyone else, make them delete the items, give them accounts back.
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    ok so you're telling me that 40d+ and weeks worth of arena boosting worth of purple top pvp gears is "less of a bug" than people spawning themselves a couple IV gems or pets? riight..idiot

the point here is.. everyone is in the wrong. ESPECIALLY, and most of all, PWE for the precents they are setting. They said it's okay to cheat before, so everyone jumped on this without hesitation. If PWE are going to actually start enforcing their rules suddenly, this should be the warning shot that things have changed (and if that is the case ALL FUTURE EXPLOITS SHOULD BE THREATED THE SAME)

double standards are ****ing idiotic and send mixed messages.

no one said u have to pay the 40d and no one said go get boosted that is ur choice, how fair is it that some one exploits and gained 70 chroma while i have to work my **** off just to gain 6 chroma? think about what your saying and look at it that way, the ppl who didnt get the arena gear qqed because they didnt get the op stuff and u say that was bad they did it but you want to justify this ?
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    f5-ing the **** outta the page in hope of lvl 3 gems and altering game codes to send urself stuff that isnt even implemented in game yet is a whole diff world...

and yet typing some javascript in your address bar for some IV gems is NOT worse than people abusing the arena bug for a full set of purple gear.

my gear is ****. my gems are ****. i missed the purple exploit... really.. what is fair? PWE set the example exploiters wont be banned, there is no difference, an exploit is an exploit. If they want to change their minds we should get off the hook just as the past exploiters, and in the future all exploits of all kinds should be met with a ban so there is no confusion and things are actually fair that way.
  • jaxluxia
    edited November 2012
    70 chroma is excessive, so have them delete the gems. Again, I have no problem with this. But unban them so that half the CS base isn't gone *killing the game from lack of profit* and half the player base can come back. Delete the items, serve this as a big official warning, anyone with unattainable items stays banned? or hell unban them if this was their first banning. Move on, and now everyone knows not to fck with glitches anymore.
  • fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whats fair about this game anyways?
    I mean i have a level 80 toon that i cs'd on and wow got a soulforce trinket with 3500 health as a bonus, now i didnt cs on my other level 75+ toon so didnt get it on that one.
    Arena gear well since 2 guilds basically run the arena i guess it really hard to get it, but i understand that i can pay someone to boost me for 20d.

Simple fact is that PWE caused this **** on themselves. Game not balanced and has never been in my opinion. If items where available to all people this wouldnt happen. People wouldnt create so many alts to run 20 GLs per day or the arena alts that are level 50 with level 2 wings in order that thats the way to get the arena gear.
  • osiron23
    osiron23 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and yet typing some javascript in your address bar for some IV gems is NOT worse than people abusing the arena bug for a full set of purple gear.

my gear is ****. my gems are ****. i missed the purple exploit... really.. what is fair? PWE set the example exploiters wont be banned, there is no difference, an exploit is an exploit. If they want to change their minds we should get off the hook just as the past exploiters, and in the future all exploits of all kinds should be met with a ban so there is no confusion and things are actually fair that way.

You sound like a child. Kids use that logic when their parents get fed up with their antics.

"They got away with it before, so let me get away with it this time. I won't do it again. I pinky swear."
  • jaxluxia
    edited November 2012
    50% of the people that want others to stay banned are just mad they didn't get items too, 45% just hope that more people get banned so they have hope of getting zodiacs and arena gear. 5% are just bored. Why complain if everyone is going to delete the items they got? Why keep them banned? Oh, thats right, so you can gain something from it....but by your argument gaining things through out of game means isn't fair...
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hmmmm if i remember right the players still needed to pay the arena points required for the pieces of gear so they were only able to get a few pieces not the entire set. Not to mention that the gear was released for everyone to get 1-2 weeks later(cant remember the exact amount of time on that).

anyway, people who believe they were unfairly banned you really need to think a little harder. It is stated in the ToS that you are not to use such bugs/glitches/exploits. PWE has the option to carry through with whatever banning they see fit for those who do. If they decided not to ban exploiters of a past bug, well that doesnt mean they cant and wont ban you for exploiting a different one.

I look at these two exploits like a ref for a soccer game (or football for your non american peoples). (arena exploit) The ref drops the ball for the kick off before team 2 was ready, giving team 1 a slight advantage as well as having possession of the ball. (Halloween event exploit as two separate teams) team 3 feels behind in the game so when team 4 kicks the ball out of bounds, team three puts a second ball on the field behind the ref's back, kicks the ball in the goal and asks for the score to count.

I feel that is a fairly good way to compare the situations but obviously other people arent going to feel that way. but no matter what, PWE has the final say in the banning of your account. even it was unfair, PWE could still do it based off what is written in teh ToS. i advise reading it sometime ^^ although it doesnt matter really for you now :P
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    If you are talking about flat out arena boosting, that isn't a glitch. Doosh canoe to an extent, but not a glitch. If you're talking about the actual glitch that occurred for a few hours after the new season came out... no. Just no. Logic plz.

People were not even able to purchase full sets of purple gear - they were still restricted by arena points and cyclops tokens. Even if their arena points were maxed when the new season came out, the most they could get was 2 pieces. Two. Frustrating, but not exactly game breaking, considering those who already had the previous season score to get these items likely had purple arena gear already and would get only a slight boost from say new boots or a new weapon compared to their 70 purples. If they broke their 70 set for a piece or two for the 75 set... just lol.

Regardless, I find it rich that someone likely from Cata/Final, who probably was content with any sort of arena manipulation before this, now rages about it and tries to use it as justification for those who obtained items that are not possible AT ALL in game. To me, someone gaining say a crystalline V or even a goldspark V (granted they are in the game legally) through this is a lot more concerning. Do not even try to compare full arena gear from the few hour patch "glitch" to this, because that's just lultastic and an invalid argument as stated above.

And stop with the "the cs'ers are gone" arguments please. Everyone who is unbanned knows that most of the major cs'ers are in fact not banned. It was just a small handful.. literally that - you can count the major csers who were banned. Even still, we do not know who will be permabanned and who will not be, so please, calm down and stop overhyping everything.

Also to those who are banned: stop equating your moral integrity to that of others.

So many fallacies used as justifaction :rolleyes: Gawd.

Essentially your arguments read like this:
    I got away with stealing an apple, so I can steal two million dollars without repercussions right?
    And:
    I killed someone to get ahead, so that means anyone else would kill someone to get ahead.

Great logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    jaxluxia wrote: »
    50% of the people that want others to stay banned are just mad they didn't get items too, 45% just hope that more people get banned so they have hope of getting zodiacs and arena gear. 5% are just bored. Why complain if everyone is going to delete the items they got? Why keep them banned? Oh, thats right, so you can gain something from it....but by your argument gaining things through out of game means isn't fair...

maintaining the ban is not benefitting to me at all, but its what fair, i dont gain anything by having the ppl who are banned stay that way i dont lose anything if they come back im simply stating the facts and how it is seem from the communitee who didnt exploit this
  • jaxluxia
    edited November 2012
    Not all my accounts were banned, I still play, just on toons of a different name. TBH I would like my account unbanned, I enjoy playing FW, I planed on being a continued Loyal customer to PWE, even if this account stays banned, but if they leave so many banned, the game just won't be as fun. To me anyways. I wish everyone the best of luck, I've sent in my ticket, I've said my 2 cents worth. I hope all have a nice weekend, and HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO ALL MY FELLOW MILITARY MEMBERS! :3
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    If you are talking about flat out arena boosting, that isn't a glitch.

l2read, never said boosting is a bug. i said people got off scot free using a bug to get arena gear worth 40d of boosting. and the only way people who dont spend several thousand or play 23/7 can get shet out of arena...is boosting.

you're not very smart.
  • Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion
    Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    question for u all.

I have a friend who bought her bf a felicity outta the AH for 15D's on 10/31/12.

There was 2 in the AH at the time, she ofc didnt have much leaves left to last her all month (since she is on a limited income), but she sold all her leaves just to get him that pet cuz he really wanted 1 and she just wanted to see him happy.

However, since some people had won some from the Kizmet Orbs legitimately ( as seen in Broadcast messages on World Chat) and the fact the whole exploit thing hadnt even been discovered yet, I was wondering would u all call for her or his head also?

There is no way to tell if something in the AH has been obtained illegally or legally. Unless ofc its something that isnt even in the game yet, or something obvious.

So interested to know what u all have to say on this one.

1) should He have the Birthday gift she spent all her leaves on yanked from him?
    2) Yank it and give her her 15D's back?
    3) Yank it, ban them both and Fck her 15D's?
  • Lunaeriaa - Eyrda
    Lunaeriaa - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let her keep it. Take the 15d from whoever sold it.
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    l2read, never said boosting is a bug. i said people got off scot free using a bug to get arena gear worth 40d of boosting. and the only way people who dont spend several thousand or play 23/7 can get shet out of arena...is boosting.

you're not very smart.

And you didn't read past the first sentence. The rest of my post went on to discuss the glitch which you meant. Your first post to which I was referring was very ragey and vague, so I covered my bases with an initial sentence about boosting.

Do not call someone unintelligent or say learn to read when you cannot even read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kahlana - Eyrda
    Kahlana - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I cannot believe how pathetic some of you sound

"They invested alot of time and money unban them q.q this is so unfair q.q"

Shut the ** up puhlease my god this is just terribad.

So let's see, because ppl may have no lives and play more than others can, or don't have bills etc and have extra money they choose to put into a game and THEN get greedy on top of that, theyre better than the rest who play?

They're the ones who should get away with everything?

PWE should lose all their potential integrity for a miniscule paycheck from these people?

Give me a ***** break, this is beyond ridiculous and pathetic.

To those who are innocent and banned, I hope those bans are removed.

To those who altered the codes to get what the ** they wanted I say good ***** riddance.

And don't tell me I'm just jealous etc cuz I didn't get a chance to use the hack, fact of the matter is I chose not to. I'd rather work for my sht than have to alter sht to get it.

GG
This discussion has been closed.