3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I refuse to get into politics and opinions of specific guilds. That really isn't relevant to this thread.

Anyway, guild lead can be given to someone else by a GM if the leader is banned. The guild doesn't have to just die. Cata/Final could live, even if the leaders were banned. Though Dusty is unbanned already. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    she is :O? nice. idk about gms passing lead. I mean who do they pass to? Who gets to choose? If I say make for example munni lead and someone else says make linwe lead etc they take a vote? seems too weird
  • eytheria
    eytheria Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Louisa, you know I <3 chu, but you're really overestimating the extent that unbanned people will go to for those who are banned. Please don't be naive. I haven't seen anyone say they will quit if certain people are not unbanned. I'm sure it is possible that there are people who say they will quit, but the reality is... when push comes to shove, almost all of those people will stay right where they are. A few may quit, sure, but don't hype it to be entire guilds.

The rest of what you state... I'm not arguing with you there, nor is that what we are talking about. I understand how supah op Cata/Final is - I don't need proof. Again, don't be over dramatic. Cata and Final still have the majority of their players, and refer to my post above about the potential for others in guild to quit game over bannings.
    He wasn't really overdramatic O_o' Take me for an example - i'm still playing this game - but only until i find out if my bestfriend got banned. I started playing this game with him, so without him around i sure won't be playing it
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    I believe they pass to the/a vgl. Could be wrong though.

EDIT @ eytheria: I did say that some people might quit, and I said he was overdramatic in making it sound like entire guilds would quit. I didn't mean he was overdramatic in saying individuals might quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • louisaferree
    edited November 2012
    i just noticed all our vgls are banned so yea
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    Maybe they'd pass to an officer in that case @[email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    why no one mentioned chrome ? you dont even need a 'firebug' addon to alter data

IE can do the same as well.
  • lunaeriaa
    lunaeriaa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In this case though, we'd be losing some of our guildies that have high positions/influence in the guild, so yeah, morale is automatically going to drop to a record low. And I can't exactly speak for anyone else, but if our leaders were to get perma banned, I would just quit. When you're in a guild and become close to your fellow guildies, they do become family. And if you haven't noticed, what one or two people do, others tend to follow because of their ties with them. I would never be able to stay in a guild without my friends, it just wouldn't happen because I wouldn't be happy or be having much fun at all.

/twocents
  • mysteriouse
    mysteriouse Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whether it's about FireBug, or Javascript code, it's still changing the data. By refreshing you could get an item from the set listed in the Halloween Reward post. Just that. Nothing else. By using FireBug/Java you could however get any item you wished for. How is that okay with ToS? GMs fixed the reward page so ppl wouldn't refresh anymore, but some greedy individuals wanted to get even more. Perma ban is definitely what they deserve, whether it's a guild leader or not. GMs could change the leader post to another vice, but banned ppl deserve the bans. How do you feel bout your guild leader being a greedy ****? I would feel ashamed myself, not sure about you all.
  • lunaeriaa
    lunaeriaa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whether it's about FireBug, or Javascript code, it's still changing the data. By refreshing you could get an item from the set listed in the Halloween Reward post. Just that. Nothing else. By using FireBug/Java you could however get any item you wished for. How is that okay with ToS? GMs fixed the reward page so ppl wouldn't refresh anymore, but some greedy individuals wanted to get even more. Perma ban is definitely what they deserve, whether it's a guild leader or not. GMs could change the leader post to another vice, but banned ppl deserve the bans. How do you feel bout your guild leader being a greedy ****? I would feel ashamed myself, not sure about you all.

Well, for one, I didn't do either of those things, so I'm waiting for them to let me know WHY I got banned for NO REASON. As far as other people are concerned, innocent until proven guilty imo. I don't know who has done what exactly, so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone.
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    it's because someone reported you for having good gear or something.
  • Lunaeriaa - Eyrda
    Lunaeriaa - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This whole thing is just bogus. Way to go PWI~
  • ikauzkaoz619
    ikauzkaoz619 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What most Final and Catalyst need to accept is the reason the leaders of both guilds got banned is because they are greedy. No matter how much you guildys QQ you have to face the facts.
  • Kahlana - Eyrda
    Kahlana - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't pity Cata/Final people or any other people who got themselves banned for this.

I'll be "that person" and state idgaf if most of Finalyst leaves the game, imo all that's gonna do is open up doors for others in smaller guilds etc to actually be able to experience more that the game has to offer rather.

So meh I really truly, don't care.
  • louisaferree
    edited November 2012
    yea well I am gonna be the one who says good luck keeping the game open with your cash shopping.

(No offence to non cash shoppers)

Also no Asylum will end up as the new cata/final ijs

I'm just saying PWE lost alot of possible profit due to this. Anyone who didn't quit from the old bugs (the old BS IV one etc) and cash shopper more than 300$ would still be playing even if they didn't ban those people. While those people woulda csed ermm maybe 4k ++ (especially cuz christmas promos etc) from today to january, I know I woulda. Stop saying the *small* csers would quit if they didn't ban cuz it's just not true. if someone cses 300$+ he won't just quit. If someone doesn't cs they can quit who cares =.=. so profit wise no point banning someone who csed in total 8-9k, and about 6k on 1 account ijs.
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FYI:
    PWE runs 14 Games ,, (( DUH ! ))
    PWE Doesnt like *hackers*, Coders, Script Kiddies, etc,, etc ,, (( DUH !! ))
    PWE is big enough that if FW does down, it can write it off as a Loss on Income tax DUH!!
    PWE doesnt care what you do, one way or the other they made money before you came and will make money after you leave

How about everyone grow a pair! You all know what is right and wrong. You all know what is acceptable behavior. If you did something wrong, shady, illegal, you know what it was and if you did not, try argueing ignorance of the Rules, Laws with any Cop, Judge, or Game master

PWE can BAN YOUR **** just because they dont like the fact you live in Florida,, You have a 5 in your Home address, You were born in 1991, or that you actually Broke the ** TERMS OF SERVICE ** agreement you digitally signed when you DLd FW

Like the ToS says ** ALL YOUR BASE R BELONG TO PWE ** to do with as they see fit ...

All your QQ, Whine, Threats, posturing is not going to change much at all ,,,

You can speculate, throw mud, accuse, argue, act all sanctimonious, point fingers, quit, stay, blow smoke outa ur butt,, it all doesnt matter .....

If the GMs ban everyone who even touched any of the exploited items,, if Guilds fall apart,, if Servers are deserted or abandoned I dont think PWE really cares in the long run as much as the message that is being sent

** Fool PWE once, Shame on you **
    ** Fool PWE twice, Shame on PWE **

FOOL PWE A THIRD TIME and well

LOOK WHAT PWE GOT !!

th?id=H.5032177692771151&pid=15.1
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • louisaferree
    edited November 2012
    idc if they still make money i said BUSINESS WISE they lost profit. u can't deny it by saying they dont care.

a game that generates 100k is less profitable than a game that generates 105k even if 100k is enough. I am just criticizing their bad business choice.
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lunaeriaa wrote: »
    but if our leaders were to get perma banned, I would just quit.

...you would quit if your exploit abusing guild leaders got perma banned? bye, sheep. oh wait, you're probably some alt of someone who got banned whining on forums

I find it hilarious that some people are whining about how PWE banning the exploit abusers "killing" their profit. according to your logic subscription mmos can never ban anyone because that would be killing business. I spent money in this game, but if I abused this exploit and got banned I would have known that I was wrong and have accepted the ban. man up and accept the long due punishment for abusing exploits
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    idc if they still make money i said BUSINESS WISE they lost profit. u can't deny it by saying they dont care.

a game that generates 100k is less profitable than a game that generates 105k even if 100k is enough. I am just criticizing their bad business choice.

ur forgettint that FW is not their olnly 1 game that make them money.
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    ...you would quit if your exploit abusing guild leaders got perma banned? bye, sheep. oh wait, you're probably some alt of someone who got banned whining on forums

Some people just CARE about the guild and their friends. Take me for example. I'm no-ones alt, yet, i'll leave this game if my best friend (who was a vice in a guild) will get banned. Why? Because some of us actually play this game as a group and have fun together- We don't try being the best (since it's impossible anyway to actually beat the massive CSers). If some of them will get banned, we'll just go to play another game - the important thing is to have fun :p
  • mastermanxp3
    mastermanxp3 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think that instead of every support staff spending ALL the time on the investigation...just appoint one to deal with, I don't know, bogos that went wrong -.-
  • sachiz
    sachiz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I find it hilarious that some people are whining about how PWE banning the exploit abusers "killing" their profit. according to your logic subscription mmos can never ban anyone because that would be killing business. I spent money in this game, but if I abused this exploit and got banned I would have known that I was wrong and have accepted the ban. man up and accept the long due punishment for abusing exploits

The issue here is that this particular person was not permanently banned because she used the exploit but that she was permanently banned because she was given or bought an item that was **** from another player who did abuse the glitch. This is completely unreasonable and unfair because someone else with a similar situation was unbanned for the same situation.
  • Zonal - Eyrda
    Zonal - Eyrda Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So like on a serious note, as a former member of Final, do you guys in Final think you are the only cash shopper and heavy cash shopper at that in this game? Look around and realize that this game does not revolve around Final/Cata.

I am saddened that when PWE finally decides to get tough that small but vocal part of the community would actually support cheating or decide let it slide based on who it was. Lets say it was not Final/Cata but players from some obscure guild that no one likes or know much about would you same people be here posting?

Life: One set of rules for one set of people and another for a different set!
  • fbchogs
    fbchogs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't pity Cata/Final people or any other people who got themselves banned for this.

I'll be "that person" and state idgaf if most of Finalyst leaves the game, imo all that's gonna do is open up doors for others in smaller guilds etc to actually be able to experience more that the game has to offer rather.

So meh I really truly, don't care.

Exactly if this breaks the extremely dull final/cata stranglehold on eyrda then it's actually a good thing. There's nothing more pathetic than OP cheaters too afraid to go up against other OP cheaters. :eek:
    i just noticed all our vgls are banned so yea

Well maybe if ALL your officers weren't dishonest you would have some one to lead your obviously damaged guild in this time of difficulty :(
  • louisaferree
    edited November 2012
    well the other csers in other guilds must suck if they were so many cuz there cs obviously didnt give them strong enough gear to be a factor in 12s/arena/zodiac etc....
    Yea there is drachus / vortex and few other asylums, but all the Monarchs in cata, and dukes spread in cata/final. Show me people marquess and beyond other than final cata and very few envy/asylum.
    fbchogs wrote: »
    Exactly if this breaks the extremely dull final/cata stranglehold on eyrda then it's actually a good thing. There's nothing more pathetic than OP cheaters too afraid to go up against other OP cheaters. :eek:

Well maybe if ALL your officers weren't dishonest you would have some one to lead your obviously damaged guild in this time of difficulty :(

nah they banned ppl who only traded/bought **** items too.
  • osiron23
    osiron23 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm curious to know what exactly you want to happen. I'm way too lazy to read all of this massive thread. Is it "Just unban us all. We cs a lot and give you money."??? But wait... that would mean that Shyren and Borsook should stay banned. They apparently don't cs.
  • Shiister - Storm Legion
    Shiister - Storm Legion Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Surprised at all the people saying "Unban the people who used the exploit". PWE don't give a **** if your guild leader, vice leader, wife, husband, or best friend forever got banned. If they got banned then they used the exploit to cheat if you going to quit the game because they banned then guess what?

****ING QUIT.

If you think the people who cheated should come back, then you better off quitting, nobody gives a care if you going to quit just because someone important to you got banned, especially if the idiot was a guild leader or vice leaders, if they stupid enough to use a exploit an get banned cause of it, then their fault and let the guild be destroyed because of the guild leader setting a bad example and let it show for others that cheating will ruin your game.
  • part911
    part911 Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well the other csers in other guilds must suck if they were so many cuz there cs obviously didnt give them strong enough gear to be a factor in 12s/arena/zodiac etc....
    Yea there is drachus / vortex and few other asylums, but all the Monarchs in cata, and dukes spread in cata/final. Show me people marquess and beyond other than final cata and very few envy/asylum.

excuse me but I have to LOL on this one, show me your money on "Ultimate Free 2 Play" as FW banner ads everywhere, I fell off my chair once when I'm reading only 8-9K total in previous post. Anyway back to topic, I'm happy that they actually trying to take actions against these players, take your time and banned those exploiters!
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    Surprised at all the people saying "Unban the people who used the exploit". PWE don't give a **** if your guild leader, vice leader, wife, husband, or best friend forever got banned. If they got banned then they used the exploit to cheat if you going to quit the game because they banned then guess what?

****ING QUIT.

First of all - stop raging.
    Second of all - noone ever said they should unban the cheaters - they're just talking about the consequences that the ban will bring. I think it's obvious that lots of people will leave - and i think it's obvious that pwe don't give a damn about it x'D
  • Zonal - Eyrda
    Zonal - Eyrda Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So because you cash shop you are above the TOS?

Also I swears Bors etc DO NOT cash shop!
This discussion has been closed.