3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• renisbackagain
    renisbackagain Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    osiron23 wrote: »
    Exactly why no matter what crabclaw says, I won't believe anyone is permabanned until it actually happens. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that this is happening. Talk is cheap. PWE's history speaks for itself. Everyone will be back before we know it. lol

You would be surprised how self righteous some of the staff are.. I mean... seriously self righteous, beyond logic.

I suspect they will ban most of the exploiters, except the biggest cash shoppers
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3448841&postcount=1
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
  • Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion
    Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is gettin sadder by the moment :(

I agree with u Firebat ... I miss em too.

And I am in the same boat as u were talkin about guildwise.

I started out on Storm but switched to Illyfue not long ago. Meet 2 wonderful people the 1st nite of being there and my hubby and I were invited to the guild they r in.

Well we r now without a GL while this Investigation goes on. By what Crab has posted its not lookin good for our GL or our Financial Officer (both r currently banned and have been since day 1).

Our GL did get ahold of 1 of our VL's yesterday to b able to tell them how to take over the Financial Officer's position. That is great ... we can still keep the guild base.

But w/o a GL we cant build anymore on the base, no GvG, etc.

And now after some research I find we have the Usurp button but its useless.

So here is a LVl6 guild with a Lvl 3 base, with no GL now.

From what Crab has said it makes it look like those who got banned 1st off r definately perma banned, or am I not understanding that right?

Some1 plz explain , there r 199 members currently in this guild who still have their hopes up their GL is not banned for good.

Any insight anyone?
    You would be surprised how self righteous some of the staff are.. I mean... seriously self righteous, beyond logic.

I suspect they will ban most of the exploiters, but the biggest cash shoppers like Dustymidnight who pretended to be innocent or otherwise didn't make a huge fuss like Dan will get unbanned. If Dan hadn't provoked this investigation to begin with with his obviousness and irritating arrogance, he would have likely been unbanned if GMs investigated (though, if it were not for him, the gms never would have noticed, I suppose)

Exactly my point in my other 100 posts on this thread so far.

People just dont kno how to keep their mouths shut and keep things to themselves.

Sure we have the option to report people its called contact a GM thru PM or send in a support ticket about it.
    But no need to blast it all over the freakin forums, drawin attention to it and causing others to think just cuz a GM hasnt responded to the thread yet means nothin is gonna get done about it.
    A GM couldve seen it, and instead of takin the time to type out words for a reply they chose to 1st pick up a phone or even to type out an email to the apppropriate people to fix the prob, then was gonna reply.
    We all get sidetracked from time to time with other things, and GM's r not Gods they r normal people just like us, so yeah they too can get sidetracked.

When is every1 gonna learn, just cuz 1 person does it ... it doesnt mean we all have to.

We all make our own life choices everyday. If u get told of an exploit or a bug or a hack u have 2 choices...
    1) do it also and pray u dont get caught
    or
    2) report it to some1 who can take care of the situation(by alerting them thru a PM or email)

But reportin it on the forums does nothin but draw more attention to it by others and not so much by the GM's themselves whom could b busy doin other things atm.

We all may not like PWE's response time to our tickets, but sometimes it takes patience to get perfection.
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The rest of the guild shouldn't have to suffer though. There are no extra bases on Eyrda to start over with. Nor are there lv3 guild bases that have room for 200 people. Gms could at least transfer leadership.to the vice... But they won't.

All I am saying is that in SOME cases... Other people suffer due to this.

Yeah... i got to 75 without even being attacked once, quite boring considering it's a PVP server. Could probably be due to being in one of stronger guilds, but i am no ***** so even if someone killed me i wouldn't cry for help, so yea... boring.
  • obilisk6669
    obilisk6669 Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    no offence to PWE. but to perma ban most chars number one that make your game or break it bad idea. 2nd of all why can you as gms devs go through the accounts and whipe all the halloween event items won by the accounts and release those people on probation.

Ie if they break the rule again by using 3rd party or w/e the cause then you ban them perma. most of the people that you have banned are great people. Yes they broke there tos but hasnt PWE broken there own TOS ??? cause last time i checked people paid for fashion items with there money outta pocket and ummmm we havent seen nothing yet on this.

So break your own tos congrats. we spend money on your game. we dont get back what we have paid for. well people who used the halloween event maybe got across to you guys such as hey we took something from you since you took something from us and havent even given it back.

yes im still waiting on my items that was supposed to be done ummm 3-4 weeks ago that cost prolly a good 2-3d iding the dam fashion. have i banned PWE no so why perma ban these people over your own leak. guess you should had a better coder on your staff that wouldnt have pooched the dog so to speak. Own up PWE screws up and so do players. is that a ligit reason to ban every single one of them???

just my thoughts
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well sucks that refresh ppl wasnt banned 2 they used the site that was not inteded to be used, because yet again it proves that if ur fair u loose.
  • fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @renisbackagain
    All thats coming out of your mouth are assumptions. dusty DID NOT USE THE EXPLOIT that people got banned for. And i know this for a fact.
    If any GM needs to verify this they know how to get a hold of me..
    So far you guys seriously need to stop the pointing fingers ****. If they would ban everyone on the eyrda server that used the refresh button on the halloween page that server would be empty right now. So get of the rides in disneyland and join the real world. Stop being a hypocrite about it.

So keep your assumptions up.. Only shows more and more you like one of those butthurt people that got killed by them and cant handle it.
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    no offence to PWE. but to perma ban most chars number one that make your game or break it bad idea. 2nd of all why can you as gms devs go through the accounts and whipe all the halloween event items won by the accounts and release those people on probation.

this.

pwe have shown before they don't ban exploiters in past incidents, so ... everyone did it, expecting the same level of incompetence.
    they should apologize for (and fire) their incompetent web dev, remove the items, and unban everyone including ObviousDan.
    nihooya wrote: »
    Well sucks that refresh ppl wasnt banned 2 they used the site that was not inteded to be used, because yet again it proves that if ur fair u loose.

You really want to kill this game don't you? At least 100x as many people used the refresh bug than tampering the item ID.
    Edit: and i use the term "kill" loosely, it died when they refused to listen to RQ's demands for less realms prior to OB, and again when what little pvp there was stopped happening
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
    edited November 2012
    u people really amaze me.

u QQ about this, u QQ about that.

Ur lucky u even get Events like this.

I remember back in the day when we didnt even have these type of events.

U should b thankin ur lucky gods that Crab even cares enuf to put up these kinda Events. And instead of lookin for a way to get even more than what ur supposed to get outta them, u should b happy ur gettin anything for free and not abuse it.

But its always about "that isnt good enuf, I want more" isnt it?

I was adopted by a rich family, I left that family the day I turned 18. I told them to shove their money where the sun dont shine. Y? Cuz I was disgusted to see how they treated the lower status people. It made me sick to see the "I am better than u r" attitude they submitted when around lower status people.

U may say "ur sick, y would u throw all that money away?"

Becuz I didnt like what I saw of who I would become if I stayed is why!

I worked factory jobs and waitressed to make my way thru life. And even raised 2 children that way. I now live on disability (wont explain y so dont even ask).

But most of all , I am proud of who I am now.
    I want things yes, but I also kno they will come in time and when the time is right, not until then.

Oh Wait ... I know what this is all about. Its about those 2 Awful words.
    And those 2 words r REVENGE and JEALOUSY! I get it now *facepalm then sighs*

Wish every1 saw it the same way as me, but then the world would b boring cuz we all would b the same and I would have to put up with a bunch of Mini Me's lol :p
  • Shiister - Storm Legion
    Shiister - Storm Legion Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Called having principle, why should they let cheater play their game and exploit their web site for benefits while honest people who CS or don't CS did it the honest way?

If you stupid enough to cheat like people did after you spent THOUSANDS of dollars on your account, then its your own ****ing fault. Get the **** out of this forum.
    Ie if they break the rule again by using 3rd party or w/e the cause then you ban them perma. most of the people that you have banned are great people. Yes they broke there tos but hasnt PWE broken there own TOS ??? cause last time i checked people paid for fashion items with there money outta pocket and ummmm we havent seen nothing yet on this.

They already giving back missing fashion, read the sticky threads
    So break your own tos congrats. we spend money on your game. we dont get back what we have paid for. well people who used the halloween event maybe got across to you guys such as hey we took something from you since you took something from us and havent even given it back.

What kind of argument is this? I lol'd
    yes im still waiting on my items that was supposed to be done ummm 3-4 weeks ago that cost prolly a good 2-3d iding the dam fashion. have i banned PWE no so why perma ban these people over your own leak. guess you should had a better coder on your staff that wouldnt have pooched the dog so to speak. Own up PWE screws up and so do players. is that a ligit reason to ban every single one of them???

PWE screwed up on accident with the fashion.

Players screwed up on PURPOSE trying to hack and cheat PWE after they was already getting FREE items.
    just my thoughts

Umm...F**k your thoughts?
  • Kahlana - Eyrda
    Kahlana - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fact of the matter by looking at the companys past and seeing known acct sharers etc having their accounts reinstated without even an issue, only shows how little the company cares about it's smaller funded player base.

Ofc it pays to play the more you throw into a game such as this, the more you get out of it, that's legit. But I don't feel it should be left as a "if you put enough in, you can get away with anything"

Looking through the posts and scenarious I have to say for 1, if the person in question is a guild lead or someone that others depended upon, that only shows how little reliablity that person has. Knowing full well what they do/did being against the ToS could result in a ban, therefore leaving their guildies leaderless potentially, and yet still going forth in order to have a status within game etc is just plain pathetic in my eyes.

Quite frankly, I had hopes with Crabs comments that something legit would be done to those who deserve it, but less and less do I feel those hopes will actually come to pass.

Those who are guilty of breaking some form of ToS create their sob stories and walk away unscathed.

For those saying it's essentially sad to see these ppl that are still currently banned losing time/money they spent on the game etc, I beg to differ. One cannot simply do as they please because they drop every paycheck into a game then cry about lost hours/money spent. It's ridiculous.

IF there are any that actually get what should be coming to them, I will not feel the least bid of pity for them. I only hope PWE actually does what they say theyre going to and ban those involved (including those already with bans revoked)
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    fwdrama1 wrote: »
    So keep your assumptions up.. Only shows more and more you like one of those butthurt people that got killed by them and cant handle it.

You keep YOUR assumptions up... I can see well enough to know this game is dead, and a top guild (if not several) basically just got wiped out because they all assumed PWE would not punish anyone just as their previous actions during other exploits have shown.

If you can't keep up with people that spend 10 grand... I think you'd stick your hand in the cookie jar too if everyone who did it before you didnt even get a slap on the wrist.
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Changing my thoughts.

Brb, calling PWE.
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion
    Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Called having principle, why should they let cheater play their game and exploit their web site for benefits while honest people who CS or don't CS did it the honest way?

If you stupid enough to cheat like people did after you spent THOUSANDS of dollars on your account, then its your own ****ing fault. Get the **** out of this forum.

They already giving back missing fashion, read the sticky threads

What kind of argument is this? I lol'd

PWE screwed up on accident with the fashion.

Players screwed up on PURPOSE trying to hack and cheat PWE after they was already getting FREE items.

Umm...F**k your thoughts?

love the "F**K" your thought?" remark XD
    It's pretty sad when a game forum is more entertaining than the actual game itself.
    edited November 2012
    this.

pwe have shown before they don't ban exploiters in past incidents, so ... everyone did it, expecting the same level of incompetence.
    they should apologize for (and fire) their incompetent web dev, remove the items, and unban everyone including ObviousDan.

PWE wasn't going to go after the people who used the refresh glitch, they should of been lucky at that and stopped being greedy, but no they didn't to exploit the page even more. Anyone banned for this is well-deserved, whether it be a guild leader,regular player, CS, or non-CSer.

FYI; not everyone did it either, so nice fallacy:rolleyes:
  • fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You keep YOUR assumptions up... I can see well enough to know this game is dead, and a top guild (if not several) basically just got wiped out because they all assumed PWE would not punish anyone just as their previous actions during other exploits have shown.

If you can't keep up with people that spend 10 grand... I think you'd stick your hand in the cookie jar too if everyone who did it before you didnt even get a slap on the wrist.

I was talking about you assumptions towards dusty moron. Just because people where banned doesnt mean they used the exploit with the item id. But most here assume that they are. I believe there are still people out there that are banned and didnt have nothing to do with this exploit. And hopefully the gms will give them their account back after they investigated that.

As far as remarks about guild leaders... give me a break. Ive been in guilds with guild leaders that are here in the forum stating how these guild leaders should act and what their responsibilities are but yet they werent able to follow their own advice.

Like i said. if people use the item id exploit which in my opinion is still a big goof up from the company, i dont care if they ban them. But have the prove to back it up. This threat started with a lynch party. People where guilty without any prove. ALL ASSUMPTIONS.
    Get your facts straight.. wasnt it you that said you heard a rumor about dusty?

Well guess what i just heard. There is a rumor going around that all female players on the eyrda server are gonna have my pixel babies. Sucks to be me
  • mrspig
    mrspig Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can you please PWE unban ooooopppsss , as i know u unban dusty. or at least can you plz give oooopssss the reason why he've been ban. kinda sucky to get ban for no reason isnt it?
    feel like pwe being ... unfair or oh well.. wont say what i think =)
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it died when they refused to listen to RQ's demands for less realms prior to OB, and again when what little pvp there was stopped happening

I miss ragequit... pandora was awesome.... hell, even lashen from condottiori was 10x better at web development than the entire PWE staff...

And feb was willing to walk straight into the PWE headquarters and demand our members be unbanned when the dumb mod "chaoticshelly" got a bug up her fat stripper ****.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012
    PWE wasn't going to go after the people who used the refresh glitch, they should of been lucky at that and stopped being greedy, but no they didn't to exploit the page even more. Anyone banned for this is well-deserved, whether it be a guild leader,regular player, CS, or non-CSer.

FYI; not everyone did it either, so nice fallacy:rolleyes:

You don't know what you're talking about.

The refresh glitch and the item id glitch were one and the same, one just required tampering data directly. Once the refresh glitch was fixed, you couldn't enter the item id any more. So no, people didn't continue being greedy - PWE flat out went and changed what they said and banned us after they said they weren't going to.
    I miss ragequit... pandora was awesome.... hell, even lashen from condottiori was 10x better at web development than the entire PWE staff...

And feb was willing to walk straight into the PWE headquarters and demand our members be unbanned when the dumb mod "chaoticshelly" got a bug up her fat stripper ****.

Mystic isn't awesome he's a gigantic arsehole with a fat ego, says 3 years of experience being around him, tyvm. Lashen was even worse.
    edited November 2012

ASSUME is the keyword here. Well that is what happens when people Assume too much.

That doesnt make it right though. Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey get in trouble too :D:p

Erm.. 50 yrs old and finding myself reverting to using grade school rhymes lmao

Yep I am losing it :rolleyes:
    Bound to happen when u play these kinda games:D
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mystic isn't awesome he's a gigantic arsehole with a fat ego, says 3 years of experience being around him, tyvm. Lashen was even worse.

:( he made me laugh though....

And DT.... I wish he woulda stayed here to show dan what real money is....
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited November 2012
    can I get 90 rune energy please? XD
    It's pretty sad when a game forum is more entertaining than the actual game itself.
    edited November 2012
    can I get 90 rune energy please? XD

And I want a fully decked out char with +120 everything,
    lv 9 wings,
    a purple pegasus that can not only swim but can fly also,
    all pet slots unlocked, and full of Pumpkin Nox's, Apos , Untamed and Felecity pets
    Pets need to have all lvl 6 pet skills on them and every slot best b filled
    1 of each piece of fash FW has ever made
    a max'd out wardrobe
    999D's

Erm... get to work hun *cracks the whip* MUUUUUSSSSSSSHHHH
    edited November 2012
    You don't know what you're talking about.

The refresh glitch and the item id glitch were one and the same, one just required tampering data directly. Once the refresh glitch was fixed, you couldn't enter the item id any more. So no, people didn't continue being greedy - PWE flat out went and changed what they said and banned us after they said they weren't going to.

No, they was different, people was talking about using a Firefox addon to input the item id to receive the item. The refresh glitch is simply what the name states, refreshing the page till you get better items and even if PWE did go back on their word and banned people for using the refresh glitch, too bad for you.
  • yewmad
    yewmad Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    just curious update?
    edited November 2012
    No, they was different, people was talking about using a Firefox addon to input the item id to receive the item. The refresh glitch is simply what the name states, refreshing the page till you get better items and even if PWE did go back on their word and banned people for using the refresh glitch, too bad for you.

And yep Shiister is right, they were 2 different episodes that happened.
    yewmad wrote: »
    just curious update?

Nope
  • truaznlegendvsall
    truaznlegendvsall Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @crab and your team

if you guys can't tell me what 3rd party program i used

you guys need to give me something... sinces you guys sucks banning ppl who don't even use 3rd party LOL
  • renisbackagain
    edited November 2012

Wrong, because when they fixed the refreshing they also removed the field where you enter the item id genius -.-

They said they won't ban anyone so they should keep their word. It was absolutely IDIOTIC of them to have a field where anyone and their mothers could just enter an item ID. They were practically begging people to cheat with such a blatant flaw.
    edited November 2012
    Animated-moving-creepy-knock-on-door.gif
    Knock Knock , Crab u home?

After Knocking for 5 mins and gettin no answer, I go peep thru the blinds and i see Crab laying on the couch asleep

man-on-couch-by-DieselDemon-300x200.jpg

and I hear this playing in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbNlzjTQ-M

and then I turn around to find my hubby in the middle of the street doing this

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/popcrush.com/files/2012/08/tumblr_m8cvlmGWtZ1rahfz9o1_500.gif

I cant believe what I just witnessed, so I resort to this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsUG4ETNiqmTRknXkTk480DE55aS3bkP_lrZsOggD_a1K_KOc4ww

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-P43cz8BpCxaea5WOwuz6WUHu7Ut3QVMgt5wzQg8ty2FB_lXF
    edited November 2012
    Animated-moving-creepy-knock-on-door.gif
    Knock Knock , Crab u home?

After Knocking for 5 mins and gettin no answer, I go peep thru the blinds and i see Crab laying on the couch asleep

man-on-couch-by-DieselDemon-300x200.jpg

and I hear this playing in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbNlzjTQ-M

and then I turn around to find my hubby in the middle of the street doing this

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/popcrush.com/files/2012/08/tumblr_m8cvlmGWtZ1rahfz9o1_500.gif

I cant believe what I just witnessed, so I resort to this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsUG4ETNiqmTRknXkTk480DE55aS3bkP_lrZsOggD_a1K_KOc4ww

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-P43cz8BpCxaea5WOwuz6WUHu7Ut3QVMgt5wzQg8ty2FB_lXF

lmfao
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Update 11/8 - We are still in the process of individually checking accounts involved in this situation. We have complete logs of everything that has occurred in relation to this, and it is safe to say that many of the bans implemented yesterday will be permanent. This will take some additional time to thoroughly investigate. I'll try to have more information tomorrow.

GM Crabby

Due to recent events, the Halloween event page is down for good. I deeply apologize to everyone out there that used the page legitimately. All we ever wanted to do was give the players of our game a fun, daily event with the possibility of valuable rewards. Unfortunately, a group of individuals took it upon themselves to abuse a vulnerability in the page that has forced us to permanently shut it down.

As the Community Manager for this game, I am absolutely furious that an event I've been running has been prematurely ended. I will be doing my best in the meantime to make it up to everyone else out there in any way I can. Please keep an eye on the forums in the meantime.

And rest assured, we know exactly who abused the event page. And very little mercy will be shown to them. I am now closing this thread.
    GM Crabby

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3966181&postcount=37

ban_hammer_by_pigeonkill-d26j475.jpg

Im wondering which one is Crabbys !!! Maybe the BIG ONE ! ! ! BAN HAMMER of GRIEF !!
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
This discussion has been closed.