Those 10/10/10 pet owners..

Monotonous - Storm Legion
Monotonous - Storm Legion Posts: 384 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Can you share a little bit of your experience on how to level pet's talent? Like how many star of hopes it takes? I'm currently at 3/3/3 should i start using star of hopes?

Thanks a lot.
Post edited by Monotonous - Storm Legion on

Comments

• WillemHoleeder - Eyrda
    WillemHoleeder - Eyrda Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its pretty much a luck factor how many u need to get 10./10/10

I got my pet to 10/10/10/5/5/, so still got some work to do..

And cant tell u for sure how many "stars of hope" i used to get it there.
    I roughly guess around 400+ i think.

It is costly getting it to 10/10/10

Best regards and good luck getting it there ;)
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For my huntress to be 10/10/10, it took me 2519 normal star of hopes to get to 8-9-9 then 362 Elite star of hopes to be fully 10/10/10

Cost me about 8D in total but it was worth it. Next up is to get my Felicity 10/10/10
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • AlexejRoma - Lionheart
    AlexejRoma - Lionheart Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Best to wait for elite soh bogos; all talents at lvl3 is usually the most you can get by just combining pets. Going from there the least I used to 10/10/10 a pet were 85 elite soh, the most 167 elite soh. In the end the elite variant seems to be the faster, more cost efficient investment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can you share a little bit of your experience on how to level pet's talent? Like how many star of hopes it takes? I'm currently at 3/3/3 should i start using star of hopes?

Thanks a lot.

well Im not sure off hand how the % rolls over to 10/10/10 ,,,So Ima do it like this

U can Pet Combo to get your pet to 3/3/3 Easy enough,, acc/eva U can do the same

U CAN get your pet to 4/4/4 with some luck useing Pet Combo too

Now the hard part, or should I say Expensive part ** ALL LUCK **

from 10% / 10% / 10% >>> 20% /20% / 20% U can use Star of Nope ,, COST?? Your guess is as good as anyone ,,, Depends if your gonna pinch pennies or just spend a small cars worth ,, IT ALL LUCK

Ive used 70 Star of Nope and got NO increases ,, Used 10 SoH and got 2 ,,,

BUT after your Pet gets to 20% / 20% / 20% ,, U use Star of NOPE at your own expensive risk ,,, USE Elite Star of Nopes

My Advise ,, WAIT FOR BoGos ,, One just went buy on Wednesday ,,,

Storm usually run 60s for SoH and 5g+ PER for Elite Star of Nope

All I can really advise,

1) WAIT for a Full Moon, or Bright sunny day
    2) Eat a Can of Beans
    3) Hold your tongue in your left cheek
    4) Run around your Chair 4 Times Chanting Imawiener,, Imawiener, Imawiener
    5) HIT ENTER !!! YAAAAAAAAAWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it just might succeed ,,,,,

DISCLAIMER,, the above might work,, it might not, It could, It wont,, Its all LUCK ! ! !
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • osiron23
    osiron23 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah. You'd be much better off waiting for the esoh bogo. During the last one, I would say I used soh until it got to around 5/5/5 or 4/4/4, at which point I used esoh to get it to 10/10/10. It didn't take too much. I would say it took about 250 esoh on average.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you can't use anymore pet to help you get it beyond 3/3/3/3 without using any SoH...so yea you probably have to start there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • marcin147258369
    marcin147258369 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got my pet from 2/3/2 to 10/10/10 with 119elite ones, and my friend did it with 90 =)
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you can't use anymore pet to help you get it beyond 3/3/3/3 without using any SoH...so yea you probably have to start there...

whats 3/3/3/3 ??

I burned a Bear to 4 ((10%)) useing pet Combine ,,,

Im sure before *nightfall* I got a few up to 5 ((15%)) doing pet Combos but D/Cs were bad

SoH are about 5% success IF YOUR LUCKY, I wouldnt guaranty 5/100 SoH will succeed though ,,,,,
    Now?? NO WAY,, and after 6 (( 20%)) you be lucky to get 1%

Esoh all the way and those are not much better lol
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • Monotonous - Storm Legion
    Monotonous - Storm Legion Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    one more question. those star of life, star of morale etc., are they good options compare to elite soh?
  • originalgoby1
    originalgoby1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »
    2) Eat a Can of Beans

Possibly the greatest thing I've read on here yet. And yeah, like most things in this game, once you get to a certain level, it's all about luck. Elite star of hope is probably your best bet. The chance of getting an increase isn't as much as if you could use like, 3 normal star of hope at once or something(kind of like the fortify gear thing) but, I'd say you'd spend less on those, than if you tried with regular star of hopes, especially at higher talent levels.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »

2) Eat a Can of Beans

tried this like an idiot... it actually worked :eek:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • renisbackagain
    renisbackagain Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It takes around 1000-1600 regular SoH. I heard rumors about elites taking around 100 from 7's but I wouldn't believe them.
    Want someone on a PWE game banned? Post some loose info about your enemy on an account seller website and even after years of petitioning they're f***ed!
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3448841&postcount=1
    "Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there)." - RayPWE
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It takes around 1000-1600 regular SoH. I heard rumors about elites taking around 100 from 7's but I wouldn't believe them.

Elites are FAR better than normal SoHs and going from 7's to 10's with 100 isn't unrealistic. I needed less when they first came out to get from 6's to 10's (although I think they were toned down a bit after that).
  • First_Aid - Eyrda
    First_Aid - Eyrda Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had exactly 300 elite star of hopes i let build up...
    through normal combining...
    1st aldala 5/5/5
    2nd aldala 4/5/4
    solarion 5/4/3

1st aldala 10/10/10
    2nd aldala 10/10/10
    solarion 10/8/8

0 esoh left

Dont bother with normal star of hopes...its like trying to make a +12 armor with recharging star shards.
    also, best not to buy esoh from others due to their high(ish) price, best to wait for a bogo and just buy 1 soh and get 2x esoh.
  • Atyllene - Lionheart
    Atyllene - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Dont bother with normal star of hopes...its like trying to make a +12 armor with recharging star shards.

^This

It took me around 80 Elite Stars of Hope to upgrade my Little Charmer from 5/5/5 to 10/10/10.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep. I decided to experiment some and I took a pet that was 7/8/7 and used 130 regular stars of hope. surprise surprise, none of them worked. :D I got my other pet from 4/6/4 to 10/10/10 with 67 Elite stars.
  • Dragons_hope - Lionheart
    Dragons_hope - Lionheart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For my huntress to be 10/10/10, it took me 2519 normal star of hopes to get to 8-9-9 then 362 Elite star of hopes to be fully 10/10/10

Cost me about 8D in total but it was worth it. Next up is to get my Felicity 10/10/10

how many orbs did it take to get the Felicity pet?

its hard but you can get to lvl 4 and 5 on some of your talents using pets
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    osiron23 wrote: »
    Yeah. You'd be much better off waiting for the esoh bogo. During the last one, I would say I used soh until it got to around 5/5/5 or 4/4/4, at which point I used esoh to get it to 10/10/10. It didn't take too much. I would say it took about 250 esoh on average.

^this guy is super rich, you should listen to him!

• Lulutia - Lionheart
    Lulutia - Lionheart Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I made 3 10/10/10 pets so far.

1st one from 5/6/4 to 10/10/10 after around 70 elite SoH. After failing all 70 regular SoH I gave up using those.
    2nd and 3rd one from 3/3/3 to 10/10/10 with about 80 and exactly 57 respectively. They tend to work better when I waited a few seconds between each try, compared to spamming like crazy.
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    back in the old days hardcore people only had stars of hope (no elite or stat specific ones) to make their pets 10/10/10 and still did it. those were the days

...that idiots spent far too much on pets. if you want to be strong, spend that money on your char, not the damn pet
  • mastermanxp3
    mastermanxp3 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if anyone has said it already, not going to read all posts, but you DO wanna wait for a bogo, but you wanna wait for one that actually works XD