3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• Earthgirl - Storm Legion
    Earthgirl - Storm Legion Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Qoute
    i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address CRABCLAW FOR PRESIDENT
    Unquote

Care needs to be taken.

Banning an IP could, and would in some cases, affect a completely innocent person from the same household sharing a Domestic Internet Connection.

The innocent should not be punished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LvL 90. Fix the avatars please.
  • fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    banning ip's is useless. Wish people would start realizing that.
    edited November 2012
    fwdrama1 wrote: »
    banning ip's is useless. Wish people would start realizing that.

Agreed, as most ISPs allocate a new IP if you reset your router.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Exactly, even people that think that they can track you through your ip address to find out where you are living are full of it.
    Even banning alts is hard. If alts are on different accounts with different email addresses no way to prove who they belong to.

still have to say that the website coding was poor. If you have information available in the open about items that are in the game.
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you know you can create an alternate and send the item over and do a trade w your character for a few g for that piece of equipment ... and claimed to have bought that unknowingly.

i hope PWE is well aware of this trick as it is common knowledge for some people.

so any admins care to share their thoughts on this ?
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Qoute
    i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address CRABCLAW FOR PRESIDENT
    Unquote

Care needs to be taken.

Banning an IP could, and would in some cases, affect a completely innocent person from the same household sharing a Domestic Internet Connection.

The innocent should not be punished.

ok so you telling me that we live in the same house and play same game and you found a hack your not going to share with me also account sharing is not allowed in this game so BAN the ACCOUNTS MADE BY AND ACCESSED BY there IP address not banning there IP address just ALL ACCOUNTS MADE BY AND ACCESSED by there IP simple if you don't want to be ban DON'T HACK
  • Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion
    Sinful_Tia - Storm Legion Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Crab if i was a woman i would of made love to you right now you have no idea how happy seeing this makes me feel i'm glad to see the users of that perma banned they deserve it but you need to realize they have alts the items they **** can be on or in the mail box of there alts i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address CRABCLAW FOR PRESIDENT :cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

I have to agree with this person on this: "i'm glad to see the users of that perma banned they deserve it but you need to realize they have alts the items they **** can be on or in the mail box of there alts i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address"

I have already seen a few people who are ... can we say :confused:Bragging on the fact that they wish the Investigation was over already so they can see if its an IP ban or just an account ban, so they can move on to making their new chars :(

So with those kind of statements being made by the people right now whom where banned as of the 1st day, but yet able to get on the game still by using other peoples accounts that have been lent to them or possibly even alt accounts, I am left to assume that unless there is an IP ban done, really not much was done to fix the problem :rolleyes:
    Great they lost their accts they done this on. :cool:

But Crab even you said :

"dozens of people have been irrevocably banned as a result of this attack on the infrastructure of the game."

+1 on this ^

"Despite what anyone might think, we at PWE have the best interests of this game at heart. Anyone that we find to have profusely abused this recent vulnerability will be banned forever, with absolutely no chance of ever getting their account reinstated. "

Ok, question. So they get their accts banned forever.. we get that.
    But what about future accts, alt accts they already have?
    To me it sounds like IP banning them is the best call here. Otherwise, really did they learn any type of lesson from this? NO

"I hope it was worth it, since their time here is finished."

Is it really? If they can still get on the game after the Investigation is done, is their time here TRULY finished?

"They will find absolutely no leniency in the punishment we dole out, and I will personally make sure of that."

In order to fulfill this Crab, It would have to be an IP ban. Otherwise u know these people will just be back on the game, bragging how they jumped thru yet another 1 of PWE's loopholes in their system and are still playing.

"Edit: Let me be clear - We at PWE have immense tolerance levels. But this crosses the line. We know through our itemized server logs EXACTLY who took advantage of this vulnerability. They are 100% DONE with this game."

Once again I have to say, unless its an IP ban, are they really finished?

Sorry for picking apart your comments Crab but I am sure alot of us would like answers to these questions.
    I know that the Investigation isnt done yet, but maybe a lil heads up as to just how these people are "100% DONE with this game" would be helpful.

To me personally, If they are left with a loophole to jump thru yet again, due to no IP ban, then if something like this is ever done again on PWE games, PWE shouldnt say 1 thing about it nor punish the person for it.

I have seen many say this episode along with some past episodes are all PWE's fault.
    I dont fully agree with them, 1) cuz its the person themselves who Exploits, hacks, etc the system.
    But however PWE Games have had many episodes of such things happening, so 2) it is partially PWE's fault these things continue to happen. Some1 in PWE needs to tighten down the Security belt on the website and game, so this stuff stops happening.

I think most of the people who have done left or have threatened to leave only do it cuz they are sooooo tired of it being swept under the rug, and of seeing people who are suppossed to be banned are still playing the game due to not being IP banned. And to them its like PWE is saying "Its not ok to tell you have found a loophole in our game or website sytem and if you do so then we will have to say your gonna be banned, BUT WAIT... just make an alt acct or borrow some1 elses and you can continue to play. "

I know IP banning cant be an easy choice for PWE, becuz people can just relocate and then once again play the game, but really how many people are gonna do that?
    Same with just up and having the internet they use disconnected so they can hurry and switch to another ISP just so they can play the game.
    Not many will do either of these.

Also the 1's who do play the game the right way end up getting punished also, ex: The Halloween Event page which is now DOWN for GOOD.
    Not down to just those who misused it but to ALL.
    So we ALL got punished :(

Something serious has to be done this time... and unfortunately, for PWE to really show they MEAN BUSINESS now is to .... IP BAN those "who took advantage of this vulnerability"
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been IP banned a few times. It takes all of 10 seconds to get a new IP.

(Change Mac address of router)

But character bans are more likely to remove players permanently. Some of these people spent years getting their stuff... To tedious to start over here...
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited November 2012
    Agreed, as most ISPs allocate a new IP if you reset your router.

U people really amaze me:mad: NOT

U call for their heads to be served up on a platter,

But yet you blatently tell them how they can make use of getting around the system.

Make up your freaking minds People, are they to b punished or not? :confused:

Seriously, If the people who misused the system didnt already know about resetting their routers so they can play again, THEY DO NOW. :D

I dont even know why there is an Investigation into these people now.

I am actually ashamed now I made my last post, and that these people are being punished, banned, losing all their stuff on high level chars possibly.

Y? cuz you people cant make up your minds WTF you do want. That is why!

Doesnt any1 even know how to keep some secrets to themselves anymore?

I Say now that they should all be UNBANNED and just allowed to keep the stuff they got, and allowed to continue to play the game.

YOU ALL ARE SIMPLY AMAMZING (NOT) AND VERY FRUSTRATING :rolleyes:

Logging off now, I will check the forums for maintaince only, but if people find exploits after this I will just say "More Power to Them" , and continue to play my game.
  • gekidodamus
    gekidodamus Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To me it sounds like IP banning them is the best call here.

You don't really know how IP addresses work, do you?

Most ISPs have a pool of IP addresses that they cycle you through. There's no guarantee that you'll have the same IP address tomorrow that you did today, which means an IP ban would mean little to the one getting banned.

On the other hand, there's no guarantee that the ISP won't cycle someone else in the pool to yours, effectively banning them.

Would you like to be banned because your ISP happened to give you the same IP address as someone who was?

Please stop talking about IP bans until you get a rudimentary knowledge of how networks work.
  • junglist101
    edited November 2012
    I have to agree with this person on this: "i'm glad to see the users of that perma banned they deserve it but you need to realize they have alts the items they **** can be on or in the mail box of there alts i suggest you ban all accounts made AND accessed from there IP address"

I have already seen a few people who are ... can we say :confused:Bragging on the fact that they wish the Investigation was over already so they can see if its an IP ban or just an account ban, so they can move on to making their new chars :(

So with those kind of statements being made by the people right now whom where banned as of the 1st day, but yet able to get on the game still by using other peoples accounts that have been lent to them or possibly even alt accounts, I am left to assume that unless there is an IP ban done, really not much was done to fix the problem :rolleyes:
    Great they lost their accts they done this on. :cool:

But Crab even you said :

"dozens of people have been irrevocably banned as a result of this attack on the infrastructure of the game."

+1 on this ^

"Despite what anyone might think, we at PWE have the best interests of this game at heart. Anyone that we find to have profusely abused this recent vulnerability will be banned forever, with absolutely no chance of ever getting their account reinstated. "

To me it sounds like IP banning them is the best call here. Otherwise, really did they learn any type of lesson from this? NO

Is it really? If they can still get on the game after the Investigation is done, is their time here TRULY finished?

"They will find absolutely no leniency in the punishment we dole out, and I will personally make sure of that."

In order to fulfill this Crab, It would have to be an IP ban. Otherwise u know these people will just be back on the game, bragging how they jumped thru yet another 1 of PWE's loopholes in their system and are still playing.

"Edit: Let me be clear - We at PWE have immense tolerance levels. But this crosses the line. We know through our itemized server logs EXACTLY who took advantage of this vulnerability. They are 100% DONE with this game."

Once again I have to say, unless its an IP ban, are they really finished?

Sorry for picking apart your comments Crab but I am sure alot of us would like answers to these questions.
    I know that the Investigation isnt done yet, but maybe a lil heads up as to just how these people are "100% DONE with this game" would be helpful.

To me personally, If they are left with a loophole to jump thru yet again, due to no IP ban, then if something like this is ever done again on PWE games, PWE shouldnt say 1 thing about it nor punish the person for it.

I have seen many say this episode along with some past episodes are all PWE's fault.
    I dont fully agree with them, 1) cuz its the person themselves who Exploits, hacks, etc the system.
    But however PWE Games have had many episodes of such things happening, so 2) it is partially PWE's fault these things continue to happen. Some1 in PWE needs to tighten down the Security belt on the website and game, so this stuff stops happening.

I think most of the people who have done left or have threatened to leave only do it cuz they are sooooo tired of it being swept under the rug, and of seeing people who are suppossed to be banned are still playing the game due to not being IP banned. And to them its like PWE is saying "Its not ok to tell you have found a loophole in our game or website sytem and if you do so then we will have to say your gonna be banned, BUT WAIT... just make an alt acct or borrow some1 elses and you can continue to play. "

I know IP banning cant be an easy choice for PWE, becuz people can just relocate and then once again play the game, but really how many people are gonna do that?
    Same with just up and having the internet they use disconnected so they can hurry and switch to another ISP just so they can play the game.
    Not many will do either of these.

Also the 1's who do play the game the right way end up getting punished also, ex: The Halloween Event page which is now DOWN for GOOD.
    Not down to just those who misused it but to ALL.
    So we ALL got punished :(

Something serious has to be done this time... and unfortunately, for PWE to really show they MEAN BUSINESS now is to .... IP BAN those "who took advantage of this vulnerability"

you my friend did a GREAT job here what u missed is if u ban my IP i can reset modem and get a new one what we should be pushing for is a ban on ALL ACCOUNTS MADE AND ACCESSED BY the hackers. Simple no innocent persons would be affected because tell me you going to be living in the same house and we playing the same game and not share this hack with me or items from the hack and if someone going to argue that maybe a friend accessed my account in the past etc ACCOUNT SHARING NOT ALLOWED EITHER so just ban them as well ALSO people NEVER change they may act or adjust slightly but you never change they just going to find a new way to exploit the game also don't be swayed buy there cries servers going to be dead its not and a lot of persons are coming back to fw seeing that PWE staff is ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING <3 i personally quit when i say GodlyDan/GirlBastos/Lazax and the others illegally botting and nothing was done so now i see you guys doing something time to play the game i love again without people like them trashing it
    edited November 2012
    ok so you telling me that we live in the same house and play same game and you found a hack your not going to share with me also account sharing is not allowed in this game so BAN the ACCOUNTS MADE BY AND ACCESSED BY there IP address not banning there IP address just ALL ACCOUNTS MADE BY AND ACCESSED by there IP simple if you don't want to be ban DON'T HACK

Sharing accounts is bannable, I didn't say it wasn't.

But if one player knew and used the exploit, ban the IP and you ban someone who didn't use the exploit who is simply living in the same house and using the same router for internet access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• inbeforelock
    inbeforelock Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You don't really know how IP addresses work, do you?

quoting for page 26
    lol, double kill
  • junglist101
    edited November 2012
    Sharing accounts is bannable, I didn't say it wasn't.

But if one player knew and used the exploit, ban the IP and you ban someone who didn't use the exploit who is simply living in the same house and using the same router for internet access.

you don't understand ITS NOT POSSIBLE that someone going to be living together and not share this hack or items from hack either way they should of done it SO AGAIN BAN ALL ACCOUNTS MADE BY AND ACCESSED BY THERE IP
    edited November 2012
    U people really amaze me:mad: NOT

U call for their heads to be served up on a platter,

But yet you blatently tell them how they can make use of getting around the system.

Make up your freaking minds People, are they to b punished or not? :confused:

Seriously, If the people who misused the system didnt already know about resetting their routers so they can play again, THEY DO NOW. :D

I dont even know why there is an Investigation into these people now.

I am actually ashamed now I made my last post, and that these people are being punished, banned, losing all their stuff on high level chars possibly.

Y? cuz you people cant make up your minds WTF you do want. That is why!

Doesnt any1 even know how to keep some secrets to themselves anymore?

I Say now that they should all be UNBANNED and just allowed to keep the stuff they got, and allowed to continue to play the game.

YOU ALL ARE SIMPLY AMAMZING (NOT) AND VERY FRUSTRATING :rolleyes:

Logging off now, I will check the forums for maintaince only, but if people find exploits after this I will just say "More Power to Them" , and continue to play my game.

Do you really think that people clever enough to use a firefox addon to alter code to exploit the webpage didn't already know this ?

Seeing as most of the ISPs in my country charge EXTRA for a static IP, I would assume most internet users were already aware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    I've been IP banned a few times. It takes all of 10 seconds to get a new IP.

(Change Mac address of router)

But character bans are more likely to remove players permanently. Some of these people spent years getting their stuff... To tedious to start over here...

Hope you just read my post above yours then, cuz apparently they arent willing to give up so easily Firebat :rolleyes:
    Do you really think that people clever enough to use a firefox addon to alter code to exploit the webpage didn't already know this ?

Seeing as most of the ISPs in my country charge EXTRA for a static IP, I would assume most internet users were already aware.

And you mite be surprised how some of them whom didnt know how to use this Exploit found out How To :eek:

They were turned on to it by a friend who told a friend who told another friend.

I wont say how I know this, I for 1 wasnt 1 of them who was told ... Thankfully:)

But some of the very people I have been in guilds with I have found to be very Unknowledgeable on these things.
    Come on honestly how many people have you ran across while playing this game who have asked a question that to you should have been easy to figure out how to do?
    So yes I do think there CAN BE some who wouldnt have thought about the fact that they could just reset their routers.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    Hope you just read my post above yours then, cuz apparently they arent willing to give up so easily Firebat :rolleyes:

I don't know about your server... But some of the banned people were on the verge of quitting anyway. They were top tier players with hundreds of diamonds invested in their chars. Game is slowly dying as it is... Anyone who starts from scratch after having lv3 wings is better off starting in gw2 or even some of the NEW Pwe games. It certainly isn't worth the effort to restart here.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion
    Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you know what, for years this company has had problems with people in the community like this. And for years it's been proven that banning people doesnt always solve the problem. Why not give those people who abused this the sht end of the stick for once? Strip their chars (all, even banks and alts) of all character data, stript them of their purchaser rewards and send it back to 0, MUTE them for 2k+ hours (or some other long duration) and monitor them to see if they try to find some other **** to do.

If you can't promise that banning them will rid our community of these abusers, make them WANT to quit. Show them how it feels to get the shaft!
    It's pretty sad when a game forum is more entertaining than the actual game itself.
  • gekidodamus
    gekidodamus Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you know what, for years this company has had problems with people in the community like this. And for years it's been proven that banning people doesnt always solve the problem. Why not give those people who abused this the sht end of the stick for once? Strip their chars (all, even banks and alts) of all character data, stript them of their purchaser rewards and send it back to 0, MUTE them for 2k+ hours (or some other long duration) and monitor them to see if they try to find some other **** to do.

If you can't promise that banning them will rid our community of these abusers, make them WANT to quit. Show them how it feels to get the shaft!

Aaaaand what will that accomplish that banning them won't?

Right, nothing. Thanks for playing.
    edited November 2012
    I don't know about your server... But some of the banned people were on the verge of quitting anyway. They were top tier players with hundreds of diamonds invested in their chars. Game is slowly dying as it is... Anyone who starts from scratch after having lv3 wings is better off starting in gw2 or even some of the NEW Pwe games. It certainly isn't worth the effort to restart here.

I agree Firebat.

But some arent sharing that same form of thinking and are doing no more than waiting for a final decision to b made and announced by Crab.

Y?

So they can reroll new chars on the same game they are now banned from:confused:

I now fail to see the logic in even banning them in the 1st place, since they cant be IP banned unfortunately now.

It only leaves me with 1 conclusion to draw now.
    And that is: Just Unban them, let them have their stuff, tell the others who werent smart enuf to have Firefox (like me) and to know how to use this program to change the coding on the page (or to even have a friend who cared enuf to share the info with me) that NOTHING is gonna be done about this .

Guess then that would make some of you real happy (not directed at you Firebat), since u dont really seem to really want these people banned at all, u just want them punished cuz they proved to b smarter than u were and now have stuff u prob will never get. That, last time I heard was called : JEALOUSY

that is what this all about and ever has been . Poor Poor People u all are... I Pity U All
  • Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion
    Chocolate_Rain - Storm Legion Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Aaaaand what will that accomplish that banning them won't?

Right, nothing. Thanks for playing.

hm, right because they can still play if both happen sadly. Let's hear your idea then?
    It's pretty sad when a game forum is more entertaining than the actual game itself.
  • JamrilArroway - Storm Legion
    JamrilArroway - Storm Legion Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree Firebat.

But some arent sharing that same form of thinking and are doing no more than waiting for a final decision to b made and announced by Crab.

Y?

So they can reroll new chars on the same game they are now banned from:confused:

I now fail to see the logic in even banning them in the 1st place, since they cant be IP banned unfortunately now.

And that is: Just Unban them, let them have their stuff, tell the others who werent smart enuf to have Firefox (like me) and to know how to use this program to change the coding on the page (or to even have a friend who cared enuf to share the info with me) that NOTHING is gonna be done about this .

Guess then that would make some of you real happy (not directed at you Firebat), since u dont really seem to really want these people banned at all, u just want them punished cuz they proved to b smarter than u were and now have stuff u prob will never get. That, last time I heard was called : JEALOUSY

that is what this all about and ever has been . Poor Poor People u all are... I Pity U All

That's the biggest BS thing I ever read... they used an exploit and got banned, and we are to blame?

Wow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canadarox
    canadarox Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Crabclaw I love you for doing this!!!!! bravo to the GMs for cleaning up the scumbags on the server I think ill go charge another $500 today just because of this awesome news :)) *does the happy dance*
  • Suuliya - Storm Legion
    Suuliya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The blame for this is all PWE's. I'm not saying it's ok to exploit things and the people that did should lose their accounts permanently. I find it funny though that the people that run the game are all shocked and angered when this stuff happens. Fix your game and this won't happen. EVERY time this happens it is because of something to do with the website giving people items in game. Reward shop giving unlimited items etc. When are you guys going to figure out that it's a bad idea to do things this way? Wake up and stop creating the problem.

We all know if you leave things open to be exploited then people will always take advantage of it. If you can't figure out how to do events and promos properly then just stop. All you are doing is making things worse for everyone including yourselves.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited November 2012

1) IP bans don't work. They just don't. It's easy enough to get around them, and while you can blanket ban an entire IP range, that can inadvertently also affect other people who might be on the same IP range. That also can be circumvented by the banned user. Also, what if two siblings play this game, and one cheats profusely while the other is honest to a fault? It's not fair to the honest one to ban them because of their brother/sister's BS.

2) An alt account isn't going to bring back everything their main accounts had. It takes considerable work (or cash spending) to get all the best gems, IDs, and other misc **** required to be "the best" in this game. A ban in this manner is a pretty serious blow, and will make anyone capable of understanding cause and effect think twice about cheating again.

A fresh start is still a fresh start, and anyone who doesn't learn a lesson from having their top-tier characters put to the torch is literally mentally ****, at least to some degree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
    edited November 2012
    I agree Firebat.

Y?

Punish the guilty and protect the innocent is all I want.

All I did was point out that IP bans don't work, and why.

When I read that a firefox addon was used to alter code, my first thought was "how can PWI let that happen ? didn't they secure the code ?"

But those who did the exploit, and those who used it need banning.

How the banning is done, is another matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Firebat - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    Just a thought....

But this ALL could have been avoided by a simple temp ban (or even item removal) for the halloween reroll.

Their response to that **** was basically that they don't punish cheaters.

Now people who didn't want to be shafted by cheaters profiting while they got nothing.... Participated in this exploit.

You know damn well more than half the banned people now wouldn't have tried this exploit if the last one had consequences.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited November 2012
    Ok let me clarify this:

1) people used a 3rd party program to exploit the Halloween Event page so they could get what they wanted even if it wasnt in this part of the game yet,

2) people got mad cuz these people got items they cant get or will never b able to get,

3) heads were called for of those who used said program to get said items,

4) when Crab finally says Ok they r getting banned and they will be banned for good, aka never able to access those accts again,

5) The people who got banned just hopped on an alt acct or a borrowed acct and said I am still here and just gonna start all over again, and they will prob do something like this again becuz they can and there is still a kinda sorta way to get away with it,

6) how and why r they willing to do this? They have a good reason to and it has been said right here on these forums many times. Send the item to an alt or friend, etc,

7) now for the biggie: Y do people do this stuff? Cuz they want stuff others have and become ruthless enuf to do stuff like this to get it. Yeah in the USA that is called Jealousy!

So dont tell me its BS cuz its not.

I tend to just keep my mouth shut on these forums cuz I find u all more entertaining than anything.

No1 can agree much with others on here, and y stress myself with fighting with a bunch of people who do this just for fun?

The point is u all wanted somethin done,
    people r being banned,
    but face it a majority of them will still b here after the Investigation is done and may or may not still have some of the items,
    people will continue to get stuff others can not,
    and people will continue to speak their minds,
    and others will disagree just to disagree.

its called LIFE Deal With It! I have for 50 yrs now:)
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Punish the guilty and protect the innocent is all I want.

All I did was point out that IP bans don't work, and why.

When I read that a firefox addon was used to alter code, my first thought was "how can PWI let that happen ? didn't they secure the code ?"

But those who did the exploit, and those who used it need banning.

How the banning is done, is another matter

Trust me.
    they wont IP ban them only. They will do much more than that.
    I wouldnt be surprised if people who account shared with the people that exploited got banned too(probably what happen in dustys situation since the whole Godly Dan sitch they got goin on).
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
    edited November 2012
    The blame for this is all PWE's. I'm not saying it's ok to exploit things and the people that did should lose their accounts permanently. I find it funny though that the people that run the game are all shocked and angered when this stuff happens. Fix your game and this won't happen. EVERY time this happens it is because of something to do with the website giving people items in game. Reward shop giving unlimited items etc. When are you guys going to figure out that it's a bad idea to do things this way? Wake up and stop creating the problem.

We all know if you leave things open to be exploited then people will always take advantage of it. If you can't figure out how to do events and promos properly then just stop. All you are doing is making things worse for everyone including yourselves.

well said +1
This discussion has been closed.