3rd party program abuse investigation

Comments

• intommydat3r
    intommydat3r Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Again ...I use Internet explorer....Have never used FireFox ...Nor have I ever used a 3rd party program..I was in GL at the time of ban. Do I get my 2 gem boxes?:rolleyes:
  • Drakvo - Storm Legion
    Drakvo - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Again ...I use Internet explorer....Have never used FireFox ...Nor have I ever used a 3rd party program..I was in GL at the time of ban. Do I get my 2 gem boxes?:rolleyes:

Considering it is about the Halloween event... Which may not be.
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012

How many chars U have logged onto GL at the time,,,

I seen a few ppl with 3 Chars runing GL, and stupidly, openly admiting it , when it clearly state TWO accs at any one time

Ya think I screenied them and reported them ? ? ? ?

As for the 40 Vamps running around FH,, well that was hard,,

Hit Mentor and you would get a Full Screen of thier names on the apprentise page ROFL !!

Ya think I screenied that and sent in a Ticket ? ? ? ? ?

Ya think i REPORT CHEATERS, HACKERS and SCAMMERS ? ? ? ? ?

WOULD I DO THAT ?????

FYI: If you think you are/were inappropriately banned, send in a ticket , , , ,

FYI-2) Hello,

This thread is a general notice that we are in the process of investigating accounts linked to the use of a third party program that has been used in an illegal fashion to damage the integrity of the game. Anyone that has used this program will have their account disabled while we investigate on a case by case basis what damage was caused by their use of it. Appropriate action will then be taken.

I will make every effort to convey new information as soon as I receive it, but for now, this thread is notice that if your account is banned in the near future, you know the reason why.

GM CrabClaw OP post
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • intommydat3r
    edited November 2012
    Na, in a guildie party..for GL...
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cant wait till I have the time to sit and read through all the pages of this thread. Looks fun to pass time with!!!!!

Also still hoping the hackers/exploiters/whatevos get perma-ban :D:D keeping fingers crossed.

We still have a few people running freely on Illyfue even though obtained things through the Halloween event that they shouldn't have. But I have no screenies so cant really prove anything :( shame..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • intommydat3r
    edited November 2012

FYI-2) Hello,

This thread is a general notice that we are in the process of investigating accounts linked to the use of a third party program that has been used in an illegal fashion to damage the integrity of the game. Anyone that has used this program will have their account disabled while we investigate on a case by case basis what damage was caused by their use of it. Appropriate action will then be taken.

I will make every effort to convey new information as soon as I receive it, but for now, this thread is notice that if your account is banned in the near future, you know the reason why.

GM CrabClaw OP post[/QUOTE]

Do I have to wait for a month again before my ticket is answered ?
    so much easier just to call..That is if there was someone really there to pick up the phone...

I'M banned I forgot sigh I can't send in a ticket QQ what do I do now?

FYI you might want to change this statement ,sounds as if your saying that ALL the people that got banned used said " program". Sounds like you are calling all guilty.
  • Zaviere - Storm Legion
    Zaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Never a dull moment around here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't think that I read over someone saying this, but what I think crab meant in the first post was that they will be disabling any accounts that they are suspicious of until they can verify the account was or was not using said 3rd party program. You may be mad that your account was disabled for the time being, but in the ToS (which you had to agree to) its stated that PWE is allowed to do this. Even though I am not a GM or a Mod, I still know that complaining about this on the forum is not going to get your account enabled again any sooner.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been kind of wondering about this since the recent HUGE uptick of lvl 2 wings that have been obtained recently on storm. They used to be rare and in the last few weeks they've been everywhere. Not saying they are not legit, but I really do hope we find out just who was legit soon enough rather than just business as usual.
  • fwdrama1
    fwdrama1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @parking
    as far as a GL party i think the rules of conduct say that you can only have 2 account active per computer.. So if i have 3 computers with 2 accounts on each i have a full GL party right?
    So far i would be following the rules.

I think instead of PWE putting new **** into the cs shop every week they should be fixing simple game issues like crashes etc. Every time maintenance is done its like its getting worse. So i think PWE should fix their ****, maybe these problems wouldnt even be here instead of focussing only on adding new **** to the cs shop.
  • jamesmcm15
    jamesmcm15 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So im a little bit lost here....was it people spawning items or something? Ive still yet to find out what has exactly happened :confused:
  • NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda
    NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wtb moar q.q
  • oooopppssss
    oooopppssss Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    all i can say a cheater is alwys a cheater

a abuser is alwys a abuser
  • eytheria
    eytheria Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just a random question -
    Are we talking about hours, days or weeks of investigation?
    I mean - lots of people who actually didn't do anything wrong are getting punished right now - being unable to play. Will they get a gift of something for being accused and punished becomes some random idiot was exploiting the game?

I'm asking because my guild leader got her account disabled, and now there's noone to transfer gold from the reserve to the buildbase maintaince fund (meaning we might lose a fully upgraded base). 100+ people will be punished because someone MIGHT have used an exploit.
    Will the gms do something about that kind of loss too?
  • NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda
    NoOnesPerfcT - Eyrda Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012

of course not lawl
  • fwdrama1
    edited November 2012
    @oooopppss
    cheater is always a cheater - agree
    abuser is always abuser - depends on your definition of an abuser.
    If you follow the rules and find different ways of doing things imo you are not an abuser.
  • Korabell - Storm Legion
    Korabell - Storm Legion Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fwdrama1 wrote: »
    @parking
    as far as a GL party i think the rules of conduct say that you can only have 2 account active per computer.. So if i have 3 computers with 2 accounts on each i have a full GL party right?

I think instead of PWE putting new **** into the cs shop every week they should be fixing simple game issues like crashes etc. Every time maintenance is done its like its getting worse. So i think PWE should fix their ****, maybe these problems wouldnt even be here instead of focussing only on adding new **** to the cs shop.

Maybe they are fixing it yet its taking longer than expected. You shouldn't assume what you don't know.
  • fwdrama1
    edited November 2012
    okay thats nice... im ingame everyday. i am not assuming anything. just telling you what i see.
    What i see is ever week new **** in cs shop. Every time there is a new patch its focussed on more csing.
    And maybe im the only one (which im not) but every time there are new bugs..
    So yeah this is what i see.
    I would rather have one week after maintenance without new fashion or other ****, and some bugs fixed.

btw there is a lot of assuming going on. not just by the people posting in the forums, but also pwe.
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cant wait till I have the time to sit and read through all the pages of this thread. Looks fun to pass time with!!!!!

Also still hoping the hackers/exploiters/whatevos get perma-ban :D:D keeping fingers crossed.

We still have a few people running freely on Illyfue even though obtained things through the Halloween event that they shouldn't have. But I have no screenies so cant really prove anything :( shame..

Yea me 2 and i saw they laughed they wont do anything 2 them.
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    eytheria wrote: »
    Just a random question -
    Are we talking about hours, days or weeks of investigation?
    I mean - lots of people who actually didn't do anything wrong are getting punished right now - being unable to play. Will they get a gift of something for being accused and punished becomes some random idiot was exploiting the game?

I'm asking because my guild leader got her account disabled, and now there's noone to transfer gold from the reserve to the buildbase maintaince fund (meaning we might lose a fully upgraded base). 100+ people will be punished because someone MIGHT have used an exploit.

If your guild doesn't have financial officers other than the guild leader to convert funds for the guild.........

I haven't actually tried it but I think vice guild leaders can assign themselves financial officer if needed (I know they can for CF opening ability, idk about financial officer), so try that. Only thing that will truly affect guilds is if the bans last through Saturday and rift, since only GL can accept prizes.
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    Just tried it and it worked, thank you!
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    fwdrama1 wrote: »
    @parking

well as per Crabs OFICIAL Multi-Client Post

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195811

Only TWO acc's per person at any one time ,, 2 @ 1 Comp,, or 1 per @ 2 Comps,,

NOT 2 per Comp X 2 or 2 per Comp X 3 ,,,

ONLY TWO accs per person at any one time

I find it really funny how people read 1/2 the rules then self Interpret them to suit their own wants and needs
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • eytheria
    edited November 2012
    Parking:
    1 person is considered 1 PC. You can't proove that 1 person is playing on 2 different PCs.
    He could have a brother, a roommate, a partner, a girlfriend or maybe 10 cats who play FW with him.
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Because we're talking about the browser.

I wasn't aware that PWE/wanmei had a browser we had to use for their web pages. It has nothing to do with the game client. Get a clue before posting.

By that logic any browser is a 3rd party program so we can't view the website. How are you posting this? You're using a 3rd party browser.

actually in the client there is a browser.
    they have it on jade dynasty to. you double click and it looks exactly like chrom
    its called berkelium or chromiium something like this
    im not sure how many people use it though but i know is there.

it is used for the encyclopedia ingame and broadcast menu if that is ever activated here.
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    actually in the client there is a browser.
    they have it on jade dynasty to. you double click and it looks exactly like chrom
    its called berkelium or chromiium something like this
    im not sure how many people use it though but i know is there.

it is used for the encyclopedia ingame and broadcast menu if that is ever activated here.

What i said u can use core conect client 2
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »
    well as per Crabs OFICIAL Multi-Client Post

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195811

Only TWO acc's per person at any one time ,, 2 @ 1 Comp,, or 1 per @ 2 Comps,,

NOT 2 per Comp X 2 or 2 per Comp X 3 ,,,

ONLY TWO accs per person at any one time

I find it really funny how people read 1/2 the rules then self Interpret them to suit their own wants and needs
    directly from the post:

You may only have two accounts running on one PC at a time.

There's actually a bit of ambiguity in the wording of his full post. It could imply that I'm allowed to own 100+ accounts, but may only have two logged in at any given time. It could also mean that I'm only allowed to own and operate two accounts, period.

The only people who really know for sure are the PWE staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • gekidodamus
    gekidodamus Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    directly from the post:

You may only have two accounts running on one PC at a time.

There's actually a bit of ambiguity in the wording of his full post. It could imply that I'm allowed to own 100+ accounts, but may only have two logged in at any given time. It could also mean that I'm only allowed to own and operate two accounts, period.

The only people who really know for sure are the PWE staff.

Also directly from the post:
    If we detect that more than two accounts are accessed from the same person (whether you are using 1 or multiples computers), we will investigate thouroughly and ban the accounts as necessary.

How is that NOT clear?
  • thevilchick
    thevilchick Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does this include game boosters?
  • fwdrama1
    edited November 2012
    okay big grey area here.
    So what if i have 4 kids both 2 accounts runing through a router (same external IP)
    come on ppl i guess thats not possible?
    What if i have a lan party at my house... i guess i will be banned and so will everyone in my house.
    Use some common sense plz.
  • kalbosemi
    kalbosemi Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont unban dustymidnight as she
    1. shares accounts, her whole guild even knows she has access to GodlyDan and more catalyst accounts
    2. triple clients
    3. makes warriors looks bad

team kurtask lets go! hell i have a harder time fighting Shyren's warrior alt than dustys 10k+ warrior

c8f587309cf7bd27c204f152bc7de157.jpg
This discussion has been closed.