[Notice] Server maintenance for 11/6

crabclaw
crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

Welcome to another weekly maintenance thread. All FW servers will be down for scheduled maintenance from 11:00 PM Pacific until 1:00 AM Pacific. I've got some updates on a couple things in the meantime:

1 - FWIC prizes. These are ready to send now - only waiting on a giant red button labeled "SEND" to be open palm slammed. Unfortunately I cannot do the slamming, and need to wait for confirmation of the send.

2 - Missing fashion items. We ran into difficulties with the missing items that required entirely new "versions" of the items to be created for us by China. This is now complete, and after tonight's maintenance, the correct items will be implemented into the game. Once this has happened, we can move forward with automatically sending everyone's missing fashion back to them.

3 - Halloween page. Yes, we're aware of the discussion surrounding the now-removed ability to "re-roll" the reward received by refreshing the page. This was not an intended function of the page, but we hesitate to call it an exploit. Striking a balance between people that reloaded the page and those that didn't in terms of how to best move forward is being discussed. However, we have no plans to take any disciplinary action against anyone over this matter.

4 - Everyone at the office is sick of what I can only assume is the resurgence of the Black Death.

It's been a pretty crazy last few weeks overall. In terms of announcing upcoming new content though, things are only going to get crazier. Cool stuff is on the way, as I'm sure many of you have already guessed. Alright, have a good night, everyone.
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• greyjoykraken
    greyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Servers are currently UP

Patch Notes for 11/6/12 - Version 0.312.0

-Backend Fixes for Fashion that disappeared during the maintenance, expect to get your items back soon.
    -minor localization changes
  • Xiuhdragon - Illyfue
    Xiuhdragon - Illyfue Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Reserved!

Reserved for cookies :p
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    3 - Halloween page. Yes, we're aware of the discussion surrounding the now-removed ability to "re-roll" the reward received by refreshing the page. This was not an intended function of the page, but we hesitate to call it an exploit. Striking a balance between people that reloaded the page and those that didn't in terms of how to best move forward is being discussed. However, we have no plans to take any disciplinary action against anyone over this matter.

everyone who got lvl3 gems/other prizes by refreshing the page gets to keep em, and those who didnt will get compensated with 1 phantom orb.. :rolleyes:

anyways..

Patrick_89b840_2693027.jpg
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    everyone who got lvl3 gems/other prizes by refreshing the page gets to keep em, and those who didnt will get compensated with 1 phantom orb.. :rolleyes:

anyways..

Yea... If not a star of hope (ironic.,. No?)

But if they REALLY wanted to send a message.... They would hand out an item BETTER than the prizes the cheaters for (combined)

Make it more beneficial to be honest rather than greedy...

A lv5 bound gem would work....
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

anyways..

We didnt get a phantom orb only we had a warlord pack 2 :eek: the time ago :D
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • Shiister - Storm Legion
    Shiister - Storm Legion Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have to say PWE is the worst company I ever seen....you won't take actions against people who "re-rolled" for rewards, then why remove the ability to do it if it not a exploit? Might as well take down your ToS at this point. Glad I seen for myself how this company handles stuff like this, defintely won't be dropping any cash on this game in the future.

FYI @PWE GMs- Surveys no longer functioning, so how about you get that fix so I can get free leaves or did you "accidently" break surveys
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pwe : (
    this game i use to play every day
    now i only login for rift 1 once a week : (
    please make this game not grindy
    please add cool stuff :)

the guy above me who say survey dont work.
    that is correct they dont work : (
    I used it to get a wedding pack, and after about 600 leaf it stops crediting you leaf for the servery.
    pls fix this so i can get free leaf again :3
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • SailorUsagi - Storm Legion
    SailorUsagi - Storm Legion Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I demand a Felicity pet.19.gif
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kittens-voting.jpg
  • Vampyre - Storm Legion
    Vampyre - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

Na, the moral is exploit everything you can as much as you can because if the GMs find out they'll only fix the exploit and you'll get to keep all your ill-gotten stuff.

As for a balance I need some lvl 4 or 5 gems to get wings personally :D
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want a fashion t-shirt. I want it to say "I didn't cheat and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." and I want matching running pants with buttons or stripes down the side. and I want some running shoes. and how about a baseball style hat with a big thumbs up on it. the girls should have a pony tail out the back.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    Na, the moral is exploit everything you can as much as you can because if the GMs find out they'll only fix the exploit and you'll get to keep all your ill-gotten stuff.

Pretty much what I said.

Take it away... Meaning the exploit gets taken if we tell em
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • inbeforelock
    inbeforelock Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want a fashion t-shirt. I want it to say "I didn't cheat and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." and I want matching running pants with buttons or stripes down the side. and I want some running shoes. and how about a baseball style hat with a big thumbs up on it. the girls should have a pony tail out the back.

http://youtu.be/0f6l1QljpMo
    lol, double kill
  • Hentam - Storm Legion
    Hentam - Storm Legion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cool stuff is on the way, as I'm sure many of you have already guessed. Alright, have a good night, everyone.

who let the wolf out? :D
    Lets pretend i have a cool signature here
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    who let the wolf out? :D

20542562.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • Suuliya - Storm Legion
    Suuliya - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So basically green light to exploit in any way possible any event. The truth is they just don't want to pay someone to track down and fix what they broke. Every event they do is broken. Either people don't get rewards properly or the stuff they get is broken or it takes forever to get it. I like how when something is broken in our favor they rush to fix it taking down the site or the servers yet when something is broken in a negative way they take forever to fix it, if they even do at all. It's a good thing this game is free because half the time I feel like I still should get a refund....
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A lv5 bound gem would work....
    That might be a bit over the top. Honestly, a bound level 4 (that is of a USEFUL type to the player!) would actually be just about the right balance, I think.

The main thing is that, with no compensation at all, or something laughable like a seashade orb, it's still going to send a message saying "cheaters win--next time, check your honesty at the door and dive into that exploit."

And sorry Crab, but that is an exploit by the very definition of an exploit. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited November 2012
    That might be a bit over the top. Honestly, a bound level 4 (that is of a USEFUL type to the player!) would actually be just about the right balance, I think.

The main thing is that, with no compensation at all, or something laughable like a seashade orb, it's still going to send a message saying "cheaters win--next time, check your honesty at the door and dive into that exploit."

And sorry Crab, but that is an exploit by the very definition of an exploit. :)

Overkill... Yea... But that's the point.

Exploiters very well could have gained a lv4 from multiple lv3s they cheated for.

That would balance things.... But my point is to teach em not to.

They cant possibly have gotten a lv5 by cheating... If they were honest, they coilda gotten better.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • part911
    part911 Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if you're done reading on the matter of exploits and can't wait to try it yourself next time then give me a "H ELL Yeah!" cuz I know I will be one of them, it's like "it's not right to peek girls' locker room but you are allowed to do so." lolz
    edited November 2012
    part911 wrote: »
    if you're done reading on the matter of exploits and can't wait to try it yourself next time then give me a "H ELL Yeah!" cuz I know I will be one of them, it's like "it's not right to peek girls' locker room but you are allowed to do so." lolz

Hell yeah, since nothing is cheating on this game apparently lol
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hell yeah, since nothing is cheating on this game apparently lol

Well if its NOT RIGHT its just NOT RIGHT

BUT, if it is ** UNINTENDED ** then its all right ,,,

So ,, Its OK as long as its NOT OK ,,,

But we wont actually Define what is OK and what is wrong,,,

BUT,,, if you do it with your right hand,, It cant be left can it?

I would consider a Corrupt Panther/ Bloodthirster/ lvl V Shatter a relutantly acceptable compensation

How about,, Ill bet they can NOT track/Trace who refreshed and who did not,, so if someone ** LUCKILY ** legally won a lvl 3 gem EVERYDAY they tried ,, well thats was right

So as long as your not Hacking the Client for Hundreds of Diamond,, or Items,, or levels

NEED I GO ON ? ? ?
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
    edited November 2012
    parking wrote: »
    Well if its NOT RIGHT its just NOT RIGHT

BUT, if it is ** UNINTENDED ** then its all right ,,,

So ,, Its OK as long as its NOT OK ,,,

But we wont actually Define what is OK and what is wrong,,,

BUT,,, if you do it with your right hand,, It cant be left can it?

I would consider a Corrupt Panther/ Bloodthirster/ lvl V Shatter a relutantly acceptable compensation

How about,, Ill bet they can NOT track/Trace who refreshed and who did not,, so if someone ** LUCKILY ** legally won a lvl 3 gem EVERYDAY they tried ,, well thats was right

So as long as your not Hacking the Client for Hundreds of Diamond,, or Items,, or levels

NEED I GO ON ? ? ?

I'm going to just bold the part I can understand. They can track down the people who refreshed, because you are asking the client to re-send information to you not to mention refreshing the page a lot of times. You really think FW can't track the people who refreshed and those who didn't? They can, they just won't put the effort into it and since they won't put the effort into enforcing their own rules, then anything goes in my opinion.
  • Tatiiana - Eyrda
    Tatiiana - Eyrda Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In summary, what I gather is, if there's something good going on, KEEP QUIET and be grateful about it, if you chicken out and think you could get banned over it and therefore "expose" it before others, then please rethink again or just don't do it.

What I gathered is we had something good going on, if people kept quiet EVERYONE would have benefited from it. Now..

those who did benefit are happy, those who didn't will continue on complaining and demand compensation, and GM's cant please both sides so they choose to do the least possible to keep it under wraps. (not that I blame them considering people complain about almost everything -.- )

anyways cant wait for update :D

CzarinaRose

warriors are op ;3

facebook.com/fayebby.pwe
  • adamobaum
    adamobaum Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Firebat is my new HERO !!!
  • Satalya - Dyos
    Satalya - Dyos Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

Welcome to another weekly maintenance thread. All FW servers will be down for scheduled maintenance from 11:00 PM Pacific until 1:00 AM Pacific. I've got some updates on a couple things in the meantime:

1 - FWIC prizes. These are ready to send now - only waiting on a giant red button labeled "SEND" to be open palm slammed. Unfortunately I cannot do the slamming, and need to wait for confirmation of the send.

2 - Missing fashion items. We ran into difficulties with the missing items that required entirely new "versions" of the items to be created for us by China. This is now complete, and after tonight's maintenance, the correct items will be implemented into the game. Once this has happened, we can move forward with automatically sending everyone's missing fashion back to them.

4 - Everyone at the office is sick of what I can only assume is the resurgence of the Black Death.

It's been a pretty crazy last few weeks overall. In terms of announcing upcoming new content though, things are only going to get crazier. Cool stuff is on the way, as I'm sure many of you have already guessed. Alright, have a good night, everyone.

thanks for the hard work!

glad to hear that people finally get their fashion back and that you could fix the issues with them :)

german team got their prices already and they are very happy about it xD ( our auction house not so much but oh.. who cares xD )

your last 3 sentences made my night! ( yep... it is nighttime on my side of the world xD) I'm looking forward to read some good news about this "upcoming content" "soon" :D

again... good work :)

on a side note though...

our ( german ) money transfer systems seems to bug... we can upload money but either it won't show up in the history at all.. nor can we transfer zen... nor do we get the bonus items from the bogo... unfortunately our german cm is on vacation ( much needed and earned vacations though, he is doing a great job, I hope he can relax a bit for now xD ) so.. could someone please take a look at it? thanks a bunches :)
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why did you want something to be done to the users who did this?
    RayPWE wrote: »
    Players that already received arena gear will be allowed to keep the gear (it's not their fault that the bug was there).
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Well Crabbie I think it's pretty evident how some of the players feel.

I mean are you guys really sure that the "let it slide" option will be the best way to deal with the exploiters? Especially since it is pretty clear in the ToS that if people exploit something then there will be disciplinary actions taken against them.

IF you don't want to call it an Exploit then what should it be called? A bug, A glitch, An error? Well I mean not to be "That Guy" but im going to be "That Guy"
    You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.
    Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    - Section 10 Perfect World Entertainment Terms of Service

Normally I try to play the middle ground but this time I can't just sit back. Every time there is a mention of exploit or issues which pertain to players it is always skirted off and I think that is completely unacceptable.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • neorah007
    neorah007 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I can also use a lvl 5 gem or two...Get me some "fabulous new wings" like the former spotlighted player...lmfao what a joke!!! :p
  • RaizensFur - Nyos
    RaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will all receive 1 FREE seashade orb. Since they admins/gms/devs/lazys or whatever you want to call them dont want to sift thought server logs to find who the serious abusers are we'll all get a nice seashade orb.

I'm amazed that this didnt happen last year as well as the rewards seem to be a copy paste of previous 'giveaway' events.
This discussion has been closed.