FWIC Round 2 Info Thread

Comments

• FredTheDread - Storm Legion
    FredTheDread - Storm Legion Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Look who's talking about being a kid you should look in the mirror, look how you typed your post too, I'm pretty embarrassed someone like you got into the competition tbh. But cry more over rewards that nobody who wanted to participate expected anyway. It's what kids do, cry for more candy instead of being grateful what they get.

btw I don't give a rats **** about you so keep QQing of my posts when they don't even have anything to do with you.

ofc u don't care that's why u keep responding dude you are straight out pathetic nothing else
    all of your 1808 post are QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ in every single thread on our forums and yet u think you are a big boy... lemme hand u some toys son go play with them
  • Aruthor - Storm Legion
    Aruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is going to be my last post about this because arguing this is truly just as sad as it appears to everyone else. The fact that you would rather troll me on the forums than work together towards winning this competition is pathetic. You don't have to like me but for the good of the team and our goals, you should have the common decency to put that behind you temporarily to work together.

A good leader listens to his teammates and adapts the team strategy when the current one isn't working. That's exactly what I did. Our initial strategy wasn't going to work so we switched it. It doesn't require me to personally devise the perfect strategy that runs flawlessly.

If you truly are more interested in trolling me and attacking me here in the forums, have at it. I'm not going to respond anymore. Otherwise, do two things for me: put your petty pride behind you for the duration of this tournament and take that 10 foot pole out of your **** so we can work together to try to win this thing.
  • FredTheDread - Storm Legion
    FredTheDread - Storm Legion Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    u know that no1 really cares about you aru? and the only reason we won this yesterday is coz of black-yuna-kat-luke all you did is repeat what luke said on vent acting like it was your idea if we want to win more we need some1 else to lead this coz u obviously can't
  • JylIian - Storm Legion
    JylIian - Storm Legion Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Honestly... as someone who didn't make the cut... this is really depressing to read. You guys are representing us in there, and it seems all you're doing is pointing fingers at each other and quipping about the rewards you may or may not be receiving. You guys won the first match, and I know a lot of people on Storm are proud of that. How about concentrating on how to beat Germany on Saturday and less about who doesn't play well with who.

Just my two cents... go USA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Honestly... as someone who didn't make the cut... this is really depressing to read. You guys are representing us in there, and it seems all you're doing is pointing fingers at each other and quipping about the rewards you may or may not be receiving. You guys won the first match, and I know a lot of people on Storm are proud of that. How about concentrating on how to beat Germany on Saturday and less about who doesn't play well with who.

But Jyllian you are asking the impossible! I mean the very idea of putting aside the bickering and petty quarrels! How dare you ask people to look to the greater goal and not their own! For Shame on you!
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • JylIian - Storm Legion
    JylIian - Storm Legion Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I don't know what I was thinking... I may just be jealous and QQing that I don't get to bicker and quarrel over nothing.

Either way, buckle down guys. You have a long way to go and sniping at each other isn't going to get it done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shinner - Lionheart
    Shinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2012

This is exactly how I feel to except replace Storm with Lionheart. Though most of my server seems to not really care ... then again we are seriously under represented so that's probably why...
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This is exactly how I feel to except replace Storm with Lionheart. Though most of my server seems to not really care ... then again we are seriously under represented so that's probably why...

To be fair, the Majority of storm could careless too.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • Zaviere - Storm Legion
    Zaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think I'll root for the other team(s), because the children representing USA, quite frankly, don't deserve to win. And by that, I mean those who are clearly too ****-full of hot air to just shut their mouths, swallow their convoluted pride and move forward with the rest of the team for the sake of the competition. I feel extremely bad for everyone else on the team that has to put up with all this **** while legitimately trying to win.

You VISA hotshots need to get over yourselves and grow up or getout; you really can't make any bigger fools of yourselves at this point (or can you?) but at the very least you don't have to drag down the entire USA team with your pathetic nonsense.

Also, the irony of Luke (onthelow) complaining about not getting an essentially customized, super-powered weapon as a reward almost had me falling out of my chair laughing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • senecad
    senecad Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Also, the irony of Luke complaining about not getting an essentially customized, super-powered weapon as a reward almost had me falling out of my chair laughing.

^This
  • Ulrezaj - Storm Legion
    Ulrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    stop fighting and work together.
    stop asking for idk what rewards...your only reward should be the fact u could participate.
    and just so we understand eachother : this was a collective win none of u was better then the other one. So stop bragging and do what u where chosen for.
    And for once prove the people on your respective servers u can be mature and not some asses that got to cs their way up.

Grats on your win and good luck in round 2.

Have a nice day!!
  • creepyguy
    creepyguy Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Runes identify and skills going to be fixed before round 2?

I don't know why our GMs don't know this, but the german ones do:
    http://fw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?p=1235531#post1235531
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    creepyguy wrote: »
    I don't know why our GMs don't know this, but the german ones do:
    http://fw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?p=1235531#post1235531

Just logged back in. Only 2 / 12 pieces of my gear is identified (offhand and weapon). All arena gear is still blank. Deal breaker for the team? Probably not, but still an active issue for my personal effectiveness.
  • lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just logged back in. Only 2 / 12 pieces of my gear is identified (offhand and weapon). All arena gear is still blank. Deal breaker for the team? Probably not, but still an active issue for my personal effectiveness.

Kateena, when I checked your gear was all identified, I assumed you had fixed it...
  • onthelow
    onthelow Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ah this is funny. a good leader or get over your ego and so on and so on. if you guys werent completely **** then you would understand that the ego is staying leader when you cant run things. there is 2 great candidates who made the win possible. aru didnt do anything and he just wants to feel powerful. sooo ya its just his ego boost. if just the lead got a weapon i wouldnt care tbh as long as it was someone who is actually leading and doing something.

@ gag youre just butthurt u couldnt get EB weapons for all your alts, got kicked and get owned :D
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    edited October 2012
    Kateena, when I checked your gear was all identified, I assumed you had fixed it...

My weapon and my offhand is identified. I just checked again and thought i was blind so used a scroll of prophet on my waist. It said "This gear cannot be identified" for the arena pieces (10/12 items including rings and necklace. I do have the base attributes though if that's what you saw.

EDIT: Kaiyuna is a different player and his sin gear is identified in case you mixed us up.
  • ellishia
    ellishia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Putting my personal feelings aside, I do not like Aruthor being lead for the rift because he does not respond to change well. This was apparent in the previous rift that we just went through.

For example, at one point, our group was at mine 4 (we already captured mine 4 to full), and just wiped 3/4 of the Russian team as 1/4 of their team was taking back mine 3 behind us. Instead of splitting the 1/2 of the party to easily wipe the 1/4 of Russian's team and take back mine 3 (at that point, it just turned neutral and with a smaller party, it was going to take a short while) and take mine 1 at the same time, everyone just moved to mine 1.

So instead of having 3 mines with relative ease, we only had 2. And yes, that plan was pointed out as the event was unfolding.

Also in the end, everyone just sort of split up due to the lack of proper leadership and the leader's response to change. A lot of the groups just went off and did their own thing. That resulted in a lot of deaths very quickly, and our two shot lead turning into a very close match.

Because of his lack of ability to respond and take advantage of changes, it has cost us at least two shots. Would I have done a better job? No, I would not have. But there are people who showed great amount of leadership skills and the ability to evaluate the situation quickly and make reasonable decisions in that rift.

The rift wars will definitely get harder from this point on. So unless Aruthor can change his ridigness in his leadership, I would recommend Black, Yuna, or Girl/BoyBastos for the leadership position simply because of the reason stated above.
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    edited October 2012
    In spite of my status on Storm Legion, I'm trying to remain unbiased in this statement.

For the team captain, I'd have to support Kaiyuna for this role. As the team scout, he was effective in identifying enemy movements and directing teams on vent. He didn't farm kills or talk down to anyone and kept a level head throughout the battle. Furthermore, I believe he is somebody that everyone on our team respects.

No offense to Black, as his was ultimately the strategy adopted by the team, but without Yuna's emphasis on cryolite, we would have lost the match in spite of controlling the mines for most of the fight.
  • Etihad - Storm Legion
    Etihad - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Why no real life meeting for next match to decide leader with a game of paper rock scissors?????
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Whether someone can do the job better than Aru aside, he was the ONLY person to volunteer for the role as captain. Kudos to him and to the people trying to bash him, why didn't you volunteer if he sucks so much? Oh right, you just want to bash him, because you can't set your differences aside, right I forgot.

What did you say on the Vent again Luke? Something along the lines of "it's fun to **** him off". That says it all about you really.

At the rift we had limited time, we had no clue who would actually show up or not and Aru, together with Black, where the only ones that were trying to work on a strategy earlier than an hour before the rift started. They were the ones that actually showed to have an interest in this thing and wanting to have a working strategy.

So if you guys don't want Aru (the "I don't like the guy, so he shouldn't be captain" guys don't count though), I'd have to put my vote on Black, because he seemed the most involved with this to me. Nothing against Kaiyuna, he did a great job during the rift, but he seemed not to care all that much about the preparation. Perhaps this would be different if he'd be considered as team leader, but I prefer to judge on what I saw so far and not on what might be.
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    edited October 2012
    @Loki/crab
    Can I file an official complaint with you about how bad the reporters for this event are? Lol.

I watched the Taiwan - China match and I was starting at the map 50% of the time, 25% of the time I was looking nothing because the reporter was more occupied with spamming worldchat (luckily he ran out of flutes after a while) rather than turning his camera towards the action and the last 25% of the time I saw him chasing after the horde he was stalking (I assume he simply couldn't stalk and world chat at the same time, otherwise he'd have done that).

It looked as if they were forbidden to film China fighting, because almost every time there was a big clash the reporter popped the map and you couldn't see wtf was happening. I asked one of my guildies that watched the RU - USA match and it was exactly the same thing there apparently. This is supposed to be some huge event so then those streams should also be worth watching. If I wasn't a participant and know I'd fight China or Taiwan later I'd have just turned the stream off after 5 minutes, absolute fail. So perhaps something you'd want to send over to the Chinese as advice. The current footage is either unusable since you stare at the map or absolutely boring since it just shows the zerg moving around.

Also, why don't we have a link for this on our homepage? Does only CN have reporters? This is a darn huge event for FW, yet you guys don't seem to do anything with it.

Edit:
    Oh and if anyone could find proper footage off the match it'd be much appreciated.
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This reminds me of the movie remember the titans. The team arguing over each others differences and later they realize that it's a lot easier to listen to one another and put their differences aside and work as the perfect machine and win the football tournament. Ahhh, you got to love Hollywood, to bad this will never happen in real life where people don't choose the right way and choose their way instead because some people might be too stubborn or to prideful in their beliefs or am I mistaken this for something else?

Okay out of imagination land and back to reality. Now lets keep arguing!
  • jannij7777
    jannij7777 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In spite of my status on Storm Legion, I'm trying to remain unbiased in this statement.

For the team captain, I'd have to support Kaiyuna for this role. As the team scout, he was effective in identifying enemy movements and directing teams on vent. He didn't farm kills or talk down to anyone and kept a level head throughout the battle. Furthermore, I believe he is somebody that everyone on our team respects.

No offense to Black, as his was ultimately the strategy adopted by the team, but without Yuna's emphasis on cryolite, we would have lost the match in spite of controlling the mines for most of the fight.

1.please do not give out our strategy
    2.sins did exactly what they got asked to do,very good job(probably for the next one they have 1 more job)
    3.we lost like 10 min changing from aruthor tactic to mine,if we would start from start whith my tactic we would win whith like 70 differnce
    4.stop playing for the next 2-3 day on your original server ,will be better to play in the Fwic Server,we are 30 people we can start our own 12v12 will be a good training,also we can know each other better,dont forget also arena today( we should prefer do 6v6 cause 6 is closer in Mass PVP as 3v3)
    5.till tommorow before the Tournament starts we will need a new Captain,someone who actually has some experience whith it
    6.if we have to fight again whith less people like last time GM should check whith of thoose people didnt
    loged at all so we can replace them ,cause we really need 30 people for thoose fights

XxBlackxX
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    @Loki/crab
    Can I file an official complaint with you about how bad the reporters for this event are? Lol.

I watched the Taiwan - China match and I was starting at the map 50% of the time, 25% of the time I was looking nothing because the reporter was more occupied with spamming worldchat (luckily he ran out of flutes after a while) rather than turning his camera towards the action and the last 25% of the time I saw him chasing after the horde he was stalking (I assume he simply couldn't stalk and world chat at the same time, otherwise he'd have done that).

It looked as if they were forbidden to film China fighting, because almost every time there was a big clash the reporter popped the map and you couldn't see wtf was happening. I asked one of my guildies that watched the RU - USA match and it was exactly the same thing there apparently. This is supposed to be some huge event so then those streams should also be worth watching. If I wasn't a participant and know I'd fight China or Taiwan later I'd have just turned the stream off after 5 minutes, absolute fail. So perhaps something you'd want to send over to the Chinese as advice. The current footage is either unusable since you stare at the map or absolutely boring since it just shows the zerg moving around.

Also, why don't we have a link for this on our homepage? Does only CN have reporters? This is a darn huge event for FW, yet you guys don't seem to do anything with it.

Edit:
    Oh and if anyone could find proper footage off the match it'd be much appreciated.
    Sounds like they were live streaming it. Here is a idea, record the whole match and upload it a few hours later onto the site that way people won't spy on it, plus the players will not use the same strategy because they probably changed to some better tactics after the match that would work better for the next match.
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    edited October 2012
    They are indeed livestreaming it, the point is though that these so called reporters in the end aren't reporting anything at all because for some reason every 5 seconds they open the map. Just saying that if they want to use the footage later (and I assume they do since this is a huge event) they should make sure the footage they got is actually worth using. Not us looking at a rift map for 30 minutes.

As for livestreaming, I know some programs can put a delay on it on purpose, I'm quite sure FW also could put a delay on their site somehow, so I don't think it'd be a problem with "spying" when the livestream runs 5 minutes behind the real deal.
  • IceyHeart - Eyrda
    IceyHeart - Eyrda Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    There's quite a few posts with the word "pathetic" in here...
    IJS
    LOOOOOOOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ellishia
    ellishia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Whether someone can do the job better than Aru aside, he was the ONLY person to volunteer for the role as captain. Kudos to him and to the people trying to bash him, why didn't you volunteer if he sucks so much? Oh right, you just want to bash him, because you can't set your differences aside, right I forgot.

What did you say on the Vent again Luke? Something along the lines of "it's fun to **** him off". That says it all about you really.

At the rift we had limited time, we had no clue who would actually show up or not and Aru, together with Black, where the only ones that were trying to work on a strategy earlier than an hour before the rift started. They were the ones that actually showed to have an interest in this thing and wanting to have a working strategy.

So if you guys don't want Aru (the "I don't like the guy, so he shouldn't be captain" guys don't count though), I'd have to put my vote on Black, because he seemed the most involved with this to me. Nothing against Kaiyuna, he did a great job during the rift, but he seemed not to care all that much about the preparation. Perhaps this would be different if he'd be considered as team leader, but I prefer to judge on what I saw so far and not on what might be.

Just because Aruthor volunteered as captain does not make him a good one. As I pointed out through my previous post, his reaction during the rift was horrible. Yes, we had limited time, but that does not change the fact that a few people were able to react much better to the changes during the rift than Aruthor. I believe my points were valid.

Also a lot of us work or have school commitments, so I was not able to log on until after work, commute, dinner, taking care of my dogs, looking over my cousin's homework (he has an early bed time and a strict schedule for his catholic school, has to be in bed by 9pm so my time with his homework is limited), etc. It's not that we have no interest, it's because we have schedules that we have to maintain. I know for a fact that Yuna is a full time student in his last year in college and he works to pay for his tuition. You can't hold the fact that he cannot arrive early for a game event during the week against him. It really has nothing to do with the fact that he is 'disinterested because he's not lead'.

But despite the fact that some of us have to get up at 5-6am in the morning, we made an effort to stay til 2am for this event. I know that Vinchent had to wake up at 2am to make it for this event and had to get up for work normally at 5am. You can't say that they're not interested while they're placing that much effort into simply making it.

This also falls into the reason why some people didn't volunteer for the lead position, simply because they were at work or school or sleeping cause they had to wake up in god forsaken hours of the night.

Now the slight difference with the next match is that it will be on the weekend. Thus making it possible for a lot of us to gather and actually plan some things (although with that said, we were still expecting some planning done yesterday, Vinchent was up til 3am again waiting for that to happen, and it never did. Aruthor was too busy chatting up the guild, so we started making plans ourselves).

I agree that Black and a few others (which I believe was Yuna and one more) did a great job coming up with the strategy, and he has shown a great deal of commitment to this event. I applaud him for that. But I would also like to say that Kateena is right, as Yuna's reaction during the rift is better.

Either one of them getting the lead is fine with me, or hell, both of them can do it. Black can be on more, so he can be in charge of the planning and relay the information to yuna when he gets back. Those two can discuss and come up with more stuff. Yuna can lead during rift with Black being there to give advice. It would make the lead's job much easier if it's split like that.

p.s. I'm totally at work and slacking off, yay for boss being out of town for his wife's birthday xD
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Get online for arena tonight people for some training :o

6v6 as priority
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • kelemkelem
    kelemkelem Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope we can get better rewards anyway this is 4 fun so enjoy =).

My toon idk why but is a female in FWIC :eek:, r u fixed the Natural Extration skill? (a racial skill 4 elf)

c u in battle, chefi :p
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Update about the time: The time in the OP is now FINAL. We weren't able to get it changed. So, we are go for the following times:
    PDT EDT CEST
    0:00 3:00 9:00