Player Spotlights

crabclaw
crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Hey everyone!

Does having your name in lights interest you at all? Are you a veteran FW player with wisdom to impart on the less experienced? If you answered yes, an upcoming series of blog articles needs your help!

A new Player Spotlights series will be starting in the near future, which will feature FW community members on the front page of the website! Depending on the turnout, this could be a weekly thing moving forward. if you're interested in getting showcased, simply answer the following questions by sending me a PM.

1. What's your server/character name/race/level?
2. How long have you been playing FW for?
3. What talent spec. do you prefer for your main character, and why?
4. What's your playstyle? Are you PvP or PvE focused (or both)? Do you run dungeons a lot, or stick to events?
5. Are you in or do you run a guild? If yes, give some details about your guild (name/size/how long it's been around/etc)
6. What's your favorite aspect of the game, and why?
7. What's your favorite FW memory?
9. Please try to include a screnshot or two of your character in as high of a quality as possible.

And of course, anything else you think people would be interested to hear about. Remember, you could be on the front page of the website, so make it count! Big thanks to everyone that takes the time to answer these questions.
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    .... This is a trick to ban me some more..... Isn't it?

Every time I PM you I get a permaban
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    .... This is a trick to ban me some more..... Isn't it?

Every time I PM you I get a permaban

If you didn't include those pictures it'd be a different story. Silly batty.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you didn't include those pictures it'd be a different story. Silly batty.

Usually it was a heads up that changing forum group to/from "beta tester " canceled the last ban.... But still!

And I coulda sworn those pics were posted publicly... Not in PM.. heh
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This seems to be a trap for getting my hopes high and dashing them in a spectacularly public fashion....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Ghundrop - Eyrda
    Ghundrop - Eyrda Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am Ghundam, I am an mm. Lol I am sad now. I have fought alone for a class only to be told hey....but at least its still fun...........I am sad now.
  • Iolar - Lionheart
    Iolar - Lionheart Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sent in my pm xD time to see how it goes. This looks interstin'
    Lvl 90 WTF-Tree Sin
    Vice-Lead of AvatarT;Great
    Why? Because reasons.
  • crabclaw
    edited September 2012
    Got a good number of responses so far! I should make a note saying that I won't be able to showcase every single response I get, but I'll be making these a regular thing hopefully.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am Ghundam, I am an mm. Lol I am sad now. I have fought alone for a class only to be told hey....but at least its still fun...........I am sad now.

Im Brim... im one of the 2 fail prots in Eyrda... yeah thats it
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You should spotlight me for simply being fabulous. Do it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Nosthgil - Nyos
    Nosthgil - Nyos Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would I get payed for my work?, cuz if not, I alrdy got enough work made for free by playing the game itself only.
  • IceyHeart - Eyrda
    IceyHeart - Eyrda Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Woot!!! My avatar's lvl finally changed!!!

I should be show - cased, because .... I must have gained ... around 50 lvls in a blink of an eye!!!

EDIT: OMG!!!!! I just saw my avatar say 79 and now it's back to 55... so..... @[email protected] FW should pay my psych bills....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crabclaw
    edited September 2012
    We'll be publishing the first one of these some time next week. One additional piece of information I'd like to request is a screenshot or two of your character. Upload them to something like imgur.com in as high of a quality as you can manage, since they'll be posted up alongside everything else if you're selected to be showcased.

Thanks everyone!
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Upload them to something like imgur.com in as high of a quality as you can manage
    So then, camera mode @ x8 zoom for that amazing 10880 x 6144, 200mb bitmap? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • moly343
    moly343 Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    put a pic on a site then link it here?
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    moly343 wrote: »
    put a pic on a site then link it here?

pretty sure he means in the PM you send to him

if you want to post your pic for everyone to see, there is a section here in the forums for that already :)
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey crabclaw i messaged you back with my secreen shots : P Sorry for the late reply
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • asd29
    asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Honestly what's the point of this? It'll just be a massive circle jerk. Or are you just wanting the playerbase to do some PR?
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Doesn't seem like they posted it last week as they said either, so I guess it's another one of those stuff they do that end up abandoned after first page. :p
  • crabclaw
    edited September 2012
    Part 1 of this is now up. As one of the first people to respond, PostgreSQL gets to be the test subject for this new series of articles. For everyone that's shown interest in this, thanks! There are lots of interesting community members out there :)
  • flarion
    flarion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hail, fair brethren of Forsaken World! My name is WolrdDestroyer in-game and I am a level 70 Protector at the moment. I would be interested in a spotlight chance, but if I do not get one, I can deal with it... or just go qq on a blog somewhere :P I have been playing FW for about 2 and a half years now, and just recently continued lvling my prot after a three month long break. I hope I can get spotlight >:D
  • Violashii - Illyfue
    Violashii - Illyfue Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's not a bad idea for this member article.You can make every server player feel getting closer but the questions are quite boring a bit.It kinda basic question. Why don't you get some more funny question or something that we can know about the players detail+opinion from some general stuffs too.You called it 'Spot light' but what is spot light in your meaning really is? and what next? Miss forsaken world contest? :P
  • Brunnilda - Illyfue
    Brunnilda - Illyfue Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pm sent :)
  • Tonali - Storm Legion
    Tonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nood quesion :s
    i sent my pm, but i didnt know how to sent screenshot, how do i do that? p-p
    please someone tell me, ty n.n
  • TimSnow - Lionheart
    TimSnow - Lionheart Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nood quesion :s
    i sent my pm, but i didnt know how to sent screenshot, how do i do that? p-p
    please someone tell me, ty n.n

If your PC/laptop is anything like mine, you should have a Prnt Scrn or any other key similiar to that. Pressing that in-game saves a screenshot in your folder, stored in your HD files, which you can find after opening Local Disk C:--> Perfect World Entertainment --> Forsaken World --> Screenshots

You can also do Prnt Scrn and open any sort of program such as Paint, and press CTRL+V to post it. Hope this helps, if not, PM me and I'll be glad to assist.

Good luck.

EDIT: Spotlight, good idea. Hopefully, the person won't be targeted for trollings. That'd make this whole thing just a way to single people out. Aside from that, congratulations to the Spotlight winner, and good luck to all those in the future.
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    If your PC/laptop is anything like mine, you should have a Prnt Scrn or any other key similiar to that. Pressing that in-game saves a screenshot in your folder, stored in your HD files, which you can find after opening Local Disk C:--> Perfect World Entertainment --> Forsaken World --> Screenshots

You can also do Prnt Scrn and open any sort of program such as Paint, and press CTRL+V to post it. Hope this helps, if not, PM me and I'll be glad to assist.

Good luck.

EDIT: Spotlight, good idea. Hopefully, the person won't be targeted for trollings. That'd make this whole thing just a way to single people out. Aside from that, congratulations to the Spotlight winner, and good luck to all those in the future.

Ive been getting a lot of mixtures of feelings from this.

90% trolls
    10% people that congratulated me.

A few people pmed me ingame to congratulate me, Others started world chat drama which i didnt even care to get involved in.

Then again, most of the people who are the ones bashing me already didn't like me(except for the ones from other servers that really judged me on my 201 chroma, level 30 mastery video that i had posted which i just failed so much in clearly because I defiantly get killed by level 60's on a daily basis and level 60 100 chroma players defiantly can crit 70k on me lol).

So maybe the next spotlight wont have as many trolls as I did. I guess we will have to wait and see =)

Thanks crabclaw and FW staff for selecting me :) I posted it on my facebook and all my friends were like OMGWTFBBQ u on FW homepage!? It was so funny :P
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ive been getting a lot of mixtures of feelings from this.

90% trolls
    10% people that congratulated me.

A few people pmed me ingame to congratulate me, Others started world chat drama which i didnt even care to get involved in.

Then again, most of the people who are the ones bashing me already didn't like me(except for the ones from other servers that really judged me on my 201 chroma, level 30 mastery video that i had posted which i just failed so much in clearly because I defiantly get killed by level 60's on a daily basis and level 60 100 chroma players defiantly can crit 70k on me lol).

So maybe the next spotlight wont have as many trolls as I did. I guess we will have to wait and see =)

Thanks crabclaw and FW staff for selecting me :) I posted it on my facebook and all my friends were like OMGWTFBBQ u on FW homepage!? It was so funny :P
    Cute that you posted it on facebook :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Monotonous - Storm Legion
    Monotonous - Storm Legion Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i was gonna send you a message but i can't think of any favorite fw memory, so
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No, you got trolled because you are postgreSQL. And I don't mean this in any negative way from myself (since I didn't even do it), just saying. :p
  • goodmorningm8
    goodmorningm8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    Congratulations on the spotlight thingy :cool:

This discussion has been closed.