Broken Quests

Faeles - Storm Legion
Faeles - Storm Legion Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Quest Tips
Sadly I have run into trouble with quests that are broken, unable to be completed, or cause problems with the 'cut-scenes'.

This is sadly a breaking point on many games, and can cause trouble with players sticking around.

I understand bugs, and it is normal for a game to have them, but it would be nice fro them to be addressed and fixed.

I have been, in my opinion, forced to drop quests that are either bugged, misconceived, or unable to be completed in some way. Some of these have been on the Main Quest Line and it causes further trouble as you are not completing the most 'basic' of quests.

Some quests I have just dropped as unable to complete, while others I drop after many tries running into bugs and bad coding. This as I have said can be a main breaking point for games to compete in this flooded market.

I enjoy the game play that this game has, but what of these problems that plague players enjoyment of completing quests themselves?

Perhaps this is in the wrong forum, but it is centered around the troubles of questing.

Happy hunting all.
Post edited by Faeles - Storm Legion on

Comments

• miaxi
    miaxi Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can you name specifics? I completed the main quest line including all special quests, and the only quests I dropped were for random appearance NPCs inside fissures. They appear but they are very rare, and I needed the quest log space.
  • Faeles - Storm Legion
    edited September 2012
    miaxi wrote: »
    Can you name specifics? I completed the main quest line including all special quests, and the only quests I dropped were for random appearance NPCs inside fissures. They appear but they are very rare, and I needed the quest log space.

Cutscene freeze to where you can move character, but can not see character except for the constant health buff increase was with all 3 Kindred when I was supposed to follow the light to the werewolves.

For the Elf being dropped off from the griffin to the commander at the battlefield with the centaurs and snipers. Cutscene ended and Elf was buried half way in the ground and could not move or get out of it in any way.

Forgot what happened to my Dwarf.

Each time game would not change player / close / log and computer needed a restart.

"Pet Sanctuary", go to enter **** "Need Group", not in guild or did I know anyone at that time. That kills a lot when you are forced to group pretty much upon arrival of FP and it has been 1 or 2 days max.

Dropped Quests, too many to list and I can not remember them, though it would be nice if I could, sorry ... it's not by choice but an effect caused by disability.

Happy Hunting, and enjoy whatever you do.
  • Faeles - Storm Legion
    edited September 2012
    miaxi wrote: »

Oh, and I wish I had FRAPPS or something like for saving the Mastery part 2 Quest with.

It does have glitches in it that are not user related, but do cause problems, and may not be noticed due to the quest itself.

Mounted and arriving at a statue to have it disappear and leaving not enough time to get to the new location is coding. If it is impossible to do something, then it is possible to do, but if it becomes at times impossible, then it is broken, glitched, coded wrong as such.

Also had it where I would watch for the trainer to say "guard against my ""." only to have him say it and immediately attack with no chance to get to the proper statue.

These coding glitches are there, do not happen all the time, but can be the cause of people giving up thinking they can not do it and not seeing the coding error that was not the players fault.

And yes, I did complete it, but if you do it again, watch him and see for yourself, that is the best evidence.

G.M. "Who are you going to believe, Me, or your own eyes"?
  • miaxi
    edited September 2012
    The statues don't disappear. They switch locations for each call and you have to run to the new place. If you don't see statues switch or the switch takes longer than 1-2 seconds, you are having graphics problems on your end. I just did the quest without a hitch.

I assume that your computer suffers from very common problems:

1. Your internet connection is lagging.
    2. Your graphic drivers and codec packs are outdated.
    3. Either not enough RAM or too many processes filling it up.

If problems persist after you have addressed those concerns, run dxdiag and send the log to tech support via the ticket system on this website.

PS: FRAPS is notorious for slowing down older systems to a crawl.
  • Trogotha - Storm Legion
    Trogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and I wish I had FRAPPS or something like for saving the Mastery part 2 Quest with.

It does have glitches in it that are not user related, but do cause problems, and may not be noticed due to the quest itself.

Mounted and arriving at a statue to have it disappear and leaving not enough time to get to the new location is coding. If it is impossible to do something, then it is possible to do, but if it becomes at times impossible, then it is broken, glitched, coded wrong as such.

Also had it where I would watch for the trainer to say "guard against my ""." only to have him say it and immediately attack with no chance to get to the proper statue.

These coding glitches are there, do not happen all the time, but can be the cause of people giving up thinking they can not do it and not seeing the coding error that was not the players fault.

And yes, I did complete it, but if you do it again, watch him and see for yourself, that is the best evidence.

G.M. "Who are you going to believe, Me, or your own eyes"?

Umm, lots of folks have completed that quest and if you have a laggy or otherwise bad net connection it will cause the issues you described. It's not coding or glitches, it's the fact that we're using a client / server model with the client mostly reacting to what the server says but the server not always noticing the client isn't saying anything back.
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • Faeles - Storm Legion
    edited September 2012
    Umm, lots of folks have completed that quest and if you have a laggy or otherwise bad net connection it will cause the issues you described. It's not coding or glitches, it's the fact that we're using a client / server model with the client mostly reacting to what the server says but the server not always noticing the client isn't saying anything back.

As I stated, I did do it.

I have experienced no lag or spikes of any kind, nor do I suffer on much more higher demanding MMOs. Neither my system nor my ISP is a problem, so that leaves where? Math is easy ...K.I.S.S.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As I stated, I did do it.

I have experienced no lag or spikes of any kind, nor do I suffer on much more higher demanding MMOs. Neither my system nor my ISP is a problem, so that leaves where? Math is easy ...K.I.S.S.

i love poelp like you whine and cry on forums then act like your computer i the god machine that never lag spikes or connection spikes OR get arrogant with people trying to tell you what the common problem are.

heres the thing ive had all those problem and geuss what kindred is from a lag spike during the cut scene elf is trying to move around DURING the cut scene.

you didnt have to restart hit ctrl+alt+delete and just close the client that way then force log in [noob] if that wont work aka ctrl+alt+delete doesnt bring up what its supposed to GUESS WHAT YOUR SYSTEM IS USING TO MUCH RAM

theres WC all the time for those group your own fault for not joining

and you can re-pick up quests that were dropped hell theres a page with ALL AVAILABLE QUESTS in game you can even use

Fraps SLOWS computers tremendously, if your having so many problems why the hell would you use MORE programs anyway

and you seriously had to do that part on a mount? its NOT glitched i did it on MULTIPLE charters and have had more than enough time to move after the statues realigned... actually NO ONE i have EVER meet has had this problem...
    PS if it was a CODING glitch it would ALWAYS happen because the quest would always be using the CODES [noob]

o heres a big eggo boaster for you to i did tat quest when i was lagging like hell (1200+ping) and doing dishes, no effort is needed that one of the easiest things to do in game

if you take offence to anything i said... I dont care, no on else does. rage all you want we've all dealt with the bugs in game, especially the older players. if you cant handle it GTFO we dont want you here
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brevisvita
    brevisvita Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i love poelp like you whine and cry on forums then act like your computer i the god machine that never lag spikes or connection spikes OR get arrogant with people trying to tell you what the common problem are.

heres the thing ive had all those problem and geuss what kindred is from a lag spike during the cut scene elf is trying to move around DURING the cut scene.

if you take offence to anything i said... I dont care, no on else does. rage all you want we've all dealt with the bugs in game, especially the older players. if you cant handle it GTFO we dont want you here

LMFAO

You just said YES to bugs and problems then say nothing is wrong but her computer. Just like a company to always point to someone, anyone, else except for themselves :) And before you go on and claim how you are some super dude pro coder who knows everything let me say, coders do know how to spell and use punctuation properly as it is important.

All she did was point out that there were bugs, such as those that you yourself agreed with, and that they could turn a person off from playing as they are right from the starting zones.

As for your so eloquent GTFO, bugger off, as with your attitude only you and yourself would be playing. Maybe you should go back to an X-Box or some other console.

By the way learn to spell as your post is eye tearing besides being pathetic. Maybe if you ever learned to read you could then learn some basic understanding of the language that is used in communication and get beyond basic grunting and pointing.
  • isfolket80
    isfolket80 Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay I must talk where I se a bug problem. Becuse I got a big bugg problem too on my second char. Trying get soulgate nr 1 open. It wont let me it wont complete dragon order quest it just starts over and today i got back to kill 18 bloodpact sin. Can this get plz get fixed 3 th day now. I really want too open my soulgate on my bard. Right now i no quest not Alanna quest ever came upp even. Plz help. Thanks
    ae060k.jpg
    <3 Cuitepie <TyOhni's Wife> <3
    Illyfue- Fairytail

• miaxi
    edited September 2012
    brevisvita wrote: »
    By the way learn to spell as your post is eye tearing besides being pathetic. Maybe if you ever learned to read you could then learn some basic understanding of the language that is used in communication and get beyond basic grunting and pointing.

It's quite hypocritical to tell him to learn English when you don't have a handle on it yourself.

@OP: Send a ticket with your dxdiag results to the tech support. Seriously. What the heck is a blanket complaint on a community forum supposed to achieve other than start a flame war?