test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP on PvE

day9day9 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I saw they had put out a vote on facebook for making a PvP realm on PvE server, personally I feel this is just unnecessary and ridiculous.

There is already so many PvP server and only 1 PvE server, player who love PvP have so much choice of selection for server and PvE player only have 1.

Yes some will say if you don't like PvP just stay out of the PvP realm that I know ofc, however with such implement will certainly develop unnecessary drama and destroy the peacefully environment which this PvE server had.

Unless they make all Server are same without a difference of PvP or Pve server, all server have PvP realm and PvE realm that will make sense otherwise ? some Player who chosen the PvE server is for the reason of having a peacefully environment to play with and now they try to change it so.....?

Well if the change had really make and turn out to be the result I expected then I will sure be the first to say bye-bye to all.

This is my personal opinion. :)
Post edited by day9 on

Comments

• ohaigaiseohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ? theres only one pve server?

kewl name there.
  • vursedvursed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well, im for pvp but might split pve population xD hmm
  • baburmisbaburmis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    day9 wrote: »
    I saw they had put out a vote on facebook for making a PvP realm on PvE server, personally I feel this is just unnecessary and ridiculous.

There is already so many PvP server and only 1 PvE server, player who love PvP have so much choice of selection for server and PvE player only have 1.

Yes some will say if you don't like PvP just stay out of the PvP realm that I know ofc, however with such implement will certainly develop unnecessary drama and destroy the peacefully environment which this PvE server had.

Unless they make all Server are same without a difference of PvP or Pve server, all server have PvP realm and PvE realm that will make sense otherwise ? some Player who chosen the PvE server is for the reason of having a peacefully environment to play with and now they try to change it so.....?

Well if the change had really make and turn out to be the result I expected then I will sure be the first to say bye-bye to all.

This is my personal opinion. :)

lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Join a PvE server and you will see its empty anyway, so why the need for more PvE servers?

If you wanna PvP, go PvP server.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • Nyxa - Storm LegionNyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1 PvE server, are you sure??

Eyrda (PvP East)
    Storm Legion (PvE East)
    Illyfue (PvE EU)
    Lionheart (PvE West)
    Nyos (PvP EU)
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Darksiren - Storm LegionDarksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm all for the idea. And the reason is that originally, PvE servers were going to function like PW PvE servers. The original description of a PvE server was that you could chose when to PvP, rather than being exposed to it always. This was going to be done with a flagging system, which apparently they were never able to make work. I'd actually rather then flagging system, but having 1 PvP realm seems like a decent alternative.

The only thing they had better do if they implement this, is make sure that the PvP nature of the realm does not carry over to instances which are loaded in that realm. I dont want to queue for NC or GL, and load into a PvP realmed version and then be PKed in the instance. Also they should make sure that the entrances/exits from all instances are 'safe zones' so that when the instance is over, i dont exit into a PK situation when i dont wish it.
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm all for the idea. And the reason is that originally, PvE servers were going to function like PW PvE servers. The original description of a PvE server was that you could chose when to PvP, rather than being exposed to it always. This was going to be done with a flagging system, which apparently they were never able to make work. I'd actually rather then flagging system, but having 1 PvP realm seems like a decent alternative.

The only thing they had better do if they implement this, is make sure that the PvP nature of the realm does not carry over to instances which are loaded in that realm. I dont want to queue for NC or GL, and load into a PvP realmed version and then be PKed in the instance. Also they should make sure that the entrances/exits from all instances are 'safe zones' so that when the instance is over, i dont exit into a PK situation when i dont wish it.

This +100000000000

I don't care what people do, heck, it might be fun to try it sometimes.... but you know what? I suck at PvP and I don't want to have to worry about it when chillaxin' doing what I want to do.

If they do do this, I don't want it to affect my gameplay because I chose a pve server for a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    TBH, I enjoy the idea of a PvP realm on a PvE server. PWI has PK mode, so why not us?

However, yes, I do agree that PvP should not carry over into instances. Even if they have to do something like unable to que into instances from that realm as lead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • Aesica - Storm LegionAesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm all for the idea of a pvp realm (a flagging system like what world of warcraft has for its pve servers would be FAR better though). Like others have said though, if it happens, it needs to be safeguarded so that I don't end up in a pvp-realm GL or something else stupid like that.

The easiest solution for the developers is this: Simply don't allow queuing for dungeons of any kind (except maybe the pvp ones, of course) in the pvp realm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Shinner - LionheartShinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This is how I feel about it to. Though I dont fully care about the dungeon part as much as I would hate for it to be on trade-5. r2 would be bad as then people would be forced into a PvP scenario while trying to do their soul gate quests which is not a good idea. The rest are purely due to eb and epics. The "top" guilds already have eb weps for the most part and they have the "best" gear so why give them the satisfaction of destroying the other guilds that try for these things each time?

p.s. this also seems something good to do so that the servers dont die out like Lionheart seems to be slowly doing. I've puged a ton of GTs and lowbie instances lately and rarely see a new player most are alts.
  • asd29asd29 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I honestly cannot believe there's qq'ing over a single realm being made into open pvp. W T F. There's like 9 other realms. OK 7 if you take out trade realm and 2. And honestly look at the content that's been coming out - rift, 12v12 and now pvp Intl tourney. It's pretty clear this game is gonna go to a more pvp orientation very very quickly.
    As a level 80MM my advice for anyone wanting to be a MM - fun class to play. But it's not a button mash class. Be prepared for some frustration
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    asd29 wrote: »
    I honestly cannot believe there's qq'ing over a single realm being made into open pvp. W T F. There's like 9 other realms. OK 7 if you take out trade realm and 2. And honestly look at the content that's been coming out - rift, 12v12 and now pvp Intl tourney. It's pretty clear this game is gonna go to a more pvp orientation very very quickly.

Doesn't matter what direction the game is going. I can choose not to participate in any of that. If I go to gt/gl/fissure and get pk'd from party or whatever, or leave, not pay attention and get pk'd that's not fun for me. It's why I joined a pve server. I'm sorry if you wanted to pvp you should've joined a pvp server.

That being said I don't think it's QQ so much as it's just a big concern pve players have. We chose a pve server for a reason. I think most posters here understand that they won't log into that realm, it's just pugging or joining a wc party into it. Legit concern in my book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Realm 11
    PvP
    edited September 2012
    Having realms 1-5 would actually solve some issues pve servers have. i know for sure that guilds on both lionheart and storm kill the ship to prevent the eb boots boss from spawning(and i wouldnt be surprised if it happened on illyfue).

it would also fix the problem aoe classes have been having(for those that dont know, if there are too many players within range of the aoe, even though the aoe can not damage the players, it will count them as targets, since aoes have a max number of targets, they often end up not hitting the boss at all) rather then standing there doing nothing, the targets they cant hit, can be hit. making aoe classes not r*tarded to use for things like wbs and eb.

and yes, i do agree that there should be some measures put in place to prevent que-ing into pvp realms.

@Shinner, the people who have an eb weapon destroyed other players in pvp before getting their eb weapon. having a eb weapon doesnt instantly out class players who dont have one.
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    day9 wrote: »
    1 PvE server, are you sure??

Eyrda (PvP East)
    Storm Legion (PvE East)
    Illyfue (PvE EU)
    Lionheart (PvE West)
    Nyos (PvP EU)

^That.
    And Nyos is not in good shape, so let's say there are only 4 servers currently running with a decent playerbase, and out of those 4, only 1 is PvP.

How can you be so ignorant seriously...
    You can have your own opinion about wanting or not a PvP realm, but at least don't lie et get your facts rights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • oldmanyyoldmanyy Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1. Personally I won't against PvP however such arrangement should be make long before when the game or server just started not after some player had already invested lot of time or money then turn out not what they expected to be when they make the decision of select this game or the server.

2. about PvP, PvP for 3 vs 3, 6 vs 6, 12 vs 12 or GvG is consider healthy PvP game play as player are fighting and killing each other for a reason such as reward.
    Open map PvP is unhealthy game play as between individual player persoanl emotion is involve and PKing without a reason end up with the result of endless drama that may annoy and effect other player game play.

just my 2 cent.
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    oldmanyy wrote: »
    1. Personally I won't against PvP however such arrangement should be make long before when the game or server just started not after some player had already invested lot of time or money then turn out not what they expected to be when they make the decision of select this game or the server.

2. about PvP, PvP for 3 vs 3, 6 vs 6, 12 vs 12 or GvG is consider healthy PvP game play as player are fighting and killing each other for a reason such as reward.
    Open map PvP is unhealthy game play as between individual player persoanl emotion is involve and PKing without a reason end up with the result of endless drama that may annoy and effect other player game play.

just my 2 cent.

That is why
    Realm 11
    PvP
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    Realm 11
    PvP

Pretty much assumed this, not a realm turning into open PvP.

When and if this happens, people will also need to learn to watch where their leaders are queing from, realm wise anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • parkingparking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want to put this as plain and obvious as I can, PvP realms on the PvE servers would cr4p out FW ,,,plain and simple. I have played games that have had mixed pvp/pve realms and it works to a point, then it all just blows up, You get Eppens that will gank out on the PvP rlms then run hide on the PvEs till thier pk points run out, rinse repeat ,,,

You will have the Top Cash shopper guilds, Top Cash Shopper Chars Ganking people etc,, etc

All that a PvP rlm on the PvE servers will cause is hard feeelings, hatred, and loss of chars playing

I play on a PvE server because Im just sick and tired of games where you try to quest, gather mats etc and some goof ambushes you you either lost, exp, Items or both and if you tried to retrieve a death pile, you get killed again,,,

If I wanted to play on a PvP PK server, i would make chars on a PvP server,,,

YOU want to PvP/PK/ show off your Epeen,, Go play a Char on the PvP server

955 of the people on the PvE servers dont want to PvP/PK or they wuld have went to a PvP server in the first place ,,

BUT, now that you lvl 80s have your Purple gear and +2 or +3 wings , you want PK realms on our PvE server so yu can what?? have wars with other guilds, like a 30/30 or 60/60 ,, OH YA RIFT is already there isnt it ???

So whats the big push by a MINORITY for a PK realm on our PvE servers ???
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    parking wrote: »

What about people who want to quest in peace, but also choose to PK people who also choose to go to PK mode? Optional, that is, not forced. Where would they play? :rolleyes:
  • Ulrezaj - Storm LegionUlrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I want to put this as plain and obvious as I can, PvP realms on the PvE servers would cr4p out FW ,,,plain and simple. I have played games that have had mixed pvp/pve realms and it works to a point, then it all just blows up, You get Eppens that will gank out on the PvP rlms then run hide on the PvEs till thier pk points run out, rinse repeat ,,,

You will have the Top Cash shopper guilds, Top Cash Shopper Chars Ganking people etc,, etc

All that a PvP rlm on the PvE servers will cause is hard feeelings, hatred, and loss of chars playing

I play on a PvE server because Im just sick and tired of games where you try to quest, gather mats etc and some goof ambushes you you either lost, exp, Items or both and if you tried to retrieve a death pile, you get killed again,,,

955 of the people on the PvE servers dont want to PvP/PK or they wuld have went to a PvP server in the first place ,,

BUT, now that you lvl 80s have your Purple gear and +2 or +3 wings , you want PK realms on our PvE server so yu can what?? have wars with other guilds, like a 30/30 or 60/60 ,, OH YA RIFT is already there isnt it ???

1 realm would not do any harm to pve u would have rest to do w/e u want. and idk where u got the 95% cause on Storm where u play there are allot of people who would not mind having the option to go pvp/pk for a little.
    U make it seem it's the end of the world if they add this. When it would actually be a good move on their part.

I for one hope they will make R5 pvp so we can actually fight for the EB bosses and not stay and watch how others get them.

have a nice day!!
  • supernoobstersupernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I made a similar thread about 8 months ago.
    PvP and PvE: Pros and Cons, blah blah blah

I would really like to add what Darksiren said to my idea.
    I don't want to necro my own thread.

To OP and Darksiren: +1 to their ideas
  • Summanus - IllyfueSummanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Boredom. Plain and simple.

They invest so much time and money being OP on a PvE server cos its easier. Now they are bored and want some spice.

Shoulda just started on a PvP server, but oh wait, probably wouldn't have been so easy to be so OP and farm everything in game.

Its the same crowd that moan about arena and 12 v 12 day in and day out on a PvE server. Yes, maybe 30-60 ppl do it but the majority play on a PvE server because they don't care about PvP.

Game need more content and balancing, not adding realms for bored nabsicles trying to kill each other.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
    edited September 2012
    What about people who want to quest in peace, but also choose to PK people who also choose to go to PK mode? Optional, that is, not forced. Where would they play? :rolleyes:

Maybe you did't get the point, there is 2 PvP/PvE server already existing when they make that 2 server for player who's like to play in that way can select those server to play since lv 1. It already have few option of server type of player to choose how they like to play.

BUT making change as such now on PvE server is force player to play what they not plan for at the first place.

If just to please some player who's feel boring in game for the change but don't forget player who's feel boring easy in a RPG game won't stay long and they wish to lost player who's won't get boring easy and will stay long?

If due to PvE server population decline the better solution is merge the server of same type to generate the bigger population and not change it natural of it origin.however I don't think is that the case for now.

Oh well ...
  • crabclawcrabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just dropping a line to say that this is by no means an indication that such a thing is definitely going to happen. I was the one that posted that question, mainly to gauge community interest in such a thing. In a 100% perfect scenario, there would basically be a dedicated PvP realm, on top of all the others. This requires development support however, so for now it's more of a "wouldn't it be nice if-" kind of question.
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @oldmanyy: Idk WTF you talking about. I said optional PK mode. If you want to PK, you can PK only people who enter this PK mode. What force is there?

Never touch PK mode and you'll never get touched.

Same with this realm. Never go into that realm, and you'll stay carebear forever. Got a problem with it?
    edited September 2012
    @oldmanyy,

there is 3 pve servers, not 2, and 2 pvp servers. i think its worth mentioning that there is no pvp west server.
    edited September 2012
    @Borsook

Ofc I understand what you mean, but the issue we talk about here is nothing to do with you wish to on or off the PvP, is about the whole environment of the server. anyway I know you love PvP that is why you select tp play at a PvP server that I will respect your choice. but why do player love PvP and play at PvP server keep encourage the change of the PvE server? I believe a big amount of vote agree on facebook is from PvP server too.

just my opinion on this issue nothing against you:)

@ohaigaise

I am not talk about the "PvE" server, is the 2 mixed content of PvE with PvP server Dyos and Shylia. player who love the mix of PvP and PvE can play at those 2 server what is the need of change other pure PvE servere into that too?

:p
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Because Dyos and Shilya are not English derp.

What is the problem with having 1 realm as PvP realm? And obviously people who want to PvE will just avoid that realm. So, again, what is the issue with this? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    because those servers aren't in english, and those servers are even further from the west then eyrda.