test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken World International Competition!

Comments

• Kahlana - EyrdaKahlana - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's pathetic to get 0 que's with a 2400 party too just because server stopped queing to "hurt" us.

Reap what you sow.

If you guys think everyone is just against you and not wanting to run arena, then maybe just maybe there's a reason for it.....think on it.
  • lbgongzhulbgongzhu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Reap what you sow.

If you guys think everyone is just against you and not wanting to run arena, then maybe just maybe there's a reason for it.....think on it.

The whole thing is reap what you sow -

IF people hadn't 'deliberately' lowered their score they would be in the running already and not QQing about the selection method.

IF they hadn't spent the last 6 months abusing arena system to farm gear for their guildies and allies more people would still be qeueing for arena.

IF they weren't such QQers on the forum maybe we'd have more sympathy instead of laughing and linking this stupid thread to our guildies so everyone can ROFL not just the 20 pople who actually keep an eye on it

I know because I don't pvp beyond getting my weekly arena quests and the occasional 12 v 12, I'm obviously a care bear who should be on a pve server and have no right to have any kind of opinion on anything - but maybe it's because I, like most of the server, see no point in wasting time getting our arses handed to us by crybabies with more money than maturity.

As it is most of the server see no fun in spending their afternoons and evening being one-shot by OP Cash shoppers (half of whom deny CSing and claim they 'farmed' it all) for gear they are never going to get unless they join one of those 2 guilds which will abuse the system on their behalf. Is it any wonder they are instead farming hero points and mats for the champ set.
  • wintdkyowintdkyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's pathetic to get 0 que's with a 2400 party....

Your justification for queing for arena intentionally with a lowbie character is in order to get a better chance for a que given your arena score and other conditions.

However, there might be a tension against the ToS
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    You have effectively admitted that you are queing in arena with a lowbie in order have an advantage on queing against a hypothetical team that are all high levels with a 2400 score. (Careful, I didn't say you are taking advantage of a possible increased winning chance, I am only arguing that you are gaming the arena que system)

Here are the ToS

Whether or not this is a violation is PWE's call. If you think this has been a problem, I am curious, have you submitted a ticket over this issue?
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lbgongzhu wrote: »
    IF people hadn't 'deliberately' lowered their score they would be in the running already and not QQing about the selection method.
    I love your lack of experience assumptions but keep posting you're so knowledgeable about the arena I'm impressed really.

No one gets a single queue above 2600, because people like you stop queuing. This was at the start of the season, spare me the "abuse the arena system" ****. You guys do it regardless cause get butthurt over losing or feeding. (I'm talking in general of course). Even if you win all the time you won't get a single match "fairly" and it's not US who are the problem, can you blame people for winning? You only blame people for stopping to queue :rolleyes:

(for those in-the-know, lack of matches was one reason we started the feeding thing too, no one wants to sit in queue for 3 days for 1 match derp)
  • LouisaFerr - EyrdaLouisaFerr - Eyrda Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't get why the people who say stuff like reap what you sow or w/e think that only the ones who dropped their score will be harmed when they dont get to participate. I mean unless they don't care about whether Eyrda wins/lose this then they would want the best players to go. If US Eyrda gets stomped how isn't it a shame to all the server? I mean you could say it's the fault of the 30 who didnt win, but it's also yours for not being better than them.. I don't see how this is a final/cata issue when it's the whole Eyrda who wins/loses.

wintdkyo wrote: »
    Your justification for queing for arena intentionally with a lowbie character is in order to get a better chance for a que given your arena score and other conditions.

You have effectively admitted that you are queing in arena with a lowbie in order have an advantage on queing against a hypothetical team that are all high levels with a 2400 score. (Careful, I didn't say you are taking advantage of a possible increased winning chance, I am only arguing that you are gaming the arena que system)

Here are the ToS

Whether or not this is a violation is PWE's call. If you think this has been a problem, I am curious, have you submitted a ticket over this issue?

It's not a flaw he is getting weaker opponents only by having a weaker teamate. The fact is according to the game level average is what matters, so by their rules as long as you get a weaker teammate you get weaker enemies... It's a compensation they allow you to make. The fact that 2 lvl 60s can't beat a lvl 80,lvl 40 is the problem. Ideally the weakness of the level 40 should have made it easier to beat the level 80 since we have 2 levels 60s, but the fact this isn't the case is the game's design fault not the players O.o
  • mrjuumrjuu Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I find the ppl that r saying u "reap eat u sow" amusing as they would probably b doing the same thing if roles r rverse. I can understand the ppl who get 1 shot at base wrath not wanting to go arena normally, but now we have a pvp event where the entire server's rep/some kind of reward at stake. If u truly feel comfortable being represented based on the current rankings, cool. If not, and all ur doin is coming to point fingers in forum, ur worse than the ppl u are pointing ur fingers at cuz at least they are trying to represent the server. This is about reputation as a server, I'd rather not have ppl think "lol he is from eyrda, the noob server that got crushed like cans"... For all we know we may never have cross server pvp again after this. There is 4 days remaining to make an impact, and there is no guarantee for a win, but at least if we lost, we know that we did our best as a server. Eyrda players u guys know what's up in terms of who the best pvp are, regardless of u admit it or not. My mentality is that even if I will lose, I will make sure I put up one he'll of a fight before going down.
  • LouisaFerr - EyrdaLouisaFerr - Eyrda Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mrjuu wrote: »
    I find the ppl that r saying u "reap eat u sow" amusing as they would probably b doing the same thing if roles r rverse. I can understand the ppl who get 1 shot at base wrath not wanting to go arena normally, but now we have a pvp event where the entire server's rep/some kind of reward at stake. If u truly feel comfortable being represented based on the current rankings, cool. If not, and all ur doin is coming to point fingers in forum, ur worse than the ppl u are pointing ur fingers at cuz at least they are trying to represent the server. This is about reputation as a server, I'd rather not have ppl think "lol he is from eyrda, the noob server that got crushed like cans"... For all we know we may never have cross server pvp again after this. There is 4 days remaining to make an impact, and there is no guarantee for a win, but at least if we lost, we know that we did our best as a server. Eyrda players u guys know what's up in terms of who the best pvp are, regardless of u admit it or not. My mentality is that even if I will lose, I will make sure I put up one he'll of a fight before going down.

wow you stole my thoughts
  • Arizll - EyrdaArizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You don't even know if you are representing your server or representing your district. :(
    edited September 2012
    It's not a flaw he is getting weaker opponents only by having a weaker teamate. The fact is according to the game level average is what matters, so by their rules as long as you get a weaker teammate you get weaker enemies... It's a compensation they allow you to make. The fact that 2 lvl 60s can't beat a lvl 80,lvl 40 is the problem. Ideally the weakness of the level 40 should have made it easier to beat the level 80 since we have 2 levels 60s, but the fact this isn't the case is the game's design fault not the players O.o
    wintdkyo wrote:
    (Careful, I didn't say you are taking advantage of a possible increased winning chance, I am only arguing that you are gaming the arena que system)
    But I agree with your post.

By the way, I nominate Arizll for the 30s. Now we have 29 more to pick from:p.
    edited September 2012
    By the way, I nominate Arizll for the 30s. Now we have 29 more to pick from:p.
    I'd definitely pick him but I highly doubt there's time to get his score up =.=
    edited September 2012
    One more thought. Is district the same as server or is a district a group of servers composed of a region? If the latter, well, that could potentially mean cooperation in all us based servers. -,-

Sorry if this was mentioned before. I can't wait to watch this match xD
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lbgongzhu wrote: »
    As it is most of the server see no fun in spending their afternoons and evening being one-shot by OP Cash shoppers (half of whom deny CSing and claim they 'farmed' it all) for gear they are never going to get unless they join one of those 2 guilds which will abuse the system on their behalf. Is it any wonder they are instead farming hero points and mats for the champ set.
    I love you talk about maturity but you're the one QQing of CS like one of those butthurt kids and also refuse that indeed some people got that gear w/o CSing (and no it's not farm, it's called playing the market and merchanting, surprised someone "mature" doesn't know of such a thing did you skip economy lessons or something?)

Here are the ToS

lol you could say those people that know they lose and refuse to que because of it to keep our scores low on purpose are also abusing the system, preventing us from getting que's so we don't get our people in the tournament.

Crabclaw in 1st post, he said go crack some skulls in arena and get points up - he meant this to everyone, not 1 team that won't get matches cuz others don't que. You are intentionally abusing the system and rules for tournament so people who "deserve" to go (deserve according to PWE, at least) won't. So don't kid yourself.

by you I mean ppl who don't que on purpose BECAUSE of this tourney.

ppl who are high score (from lowbie or w/e) and refuse to que now so they can get in tourney are also "abusing" the system to get unfair "advantage". Sorry to burst your bubble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohaigaiseohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    One more thought. Is district the same as server or is a district a group of servers composed of a region? If the latter, well, that could potentially mean cooperation in all us based servers. -,-

Sorry if this was mentioned before. I can't wait to watch this match xD

its all servers under PWE working togather. thats lionheart/eydra/storm/nyos/illyfue and maybe dyos/shylia(remember reading they split... or something) vs CN/other FW districts.

i noticed a lot of posts thinking it was going to be 30 from eyrda. cute, LOL
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ohaigaise wrote: »
    its all servers under PWE working togather. thats lionheart/eydra/storm/nyos/illyfue and maybe dyos/shylia(remember reading they split... or something) vs CN/other FW districts.

That's all of two teams...
    If they meant that... They coulda just said versions.

I still vote it is us east vs west vs EU vs CNN servers

Edir: Dictionary says district is a division of a territory. Entire country is not a district
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited September 2012

Very cute.

Maybe have us pick people and make other server vs Eyrda and winner gets to go, cute right? Cause you know you'd lose maybe.
    edited September 2012

Too bad in PWI it was a qualification tournament and only the Lost City team (the first PvP server - surprised?) went on for international competition.

Read rule a:

a. Each district is responsible for establishing their own rules for qualifying, but only one 40-person team will be selected (among them 30 people are formal members, 10 people are reserves) to participate in the International Competition.

Only one team gets to go later on, doesn't say it will be mixed from all servers or not, so still unclear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012

ppl who are high score (from lowbie or w/e) and refuse to que now so they can get in tourney are also "abusing" the system to get unfair "advantage". Sorry to burst your bubble.
    As I wrote, the decision on whether a certain action constitutes an abuse is determined by PWE. We can speculate which actions are, abuse, but unfortunately PWE is in the weekend s mode.

Btw, if you find what you wrote an abuse, then just submit a ticket.:confused:
    edited September 2012
    As I wrote, the decision on whether a certain action constitutes an abuse is determined by PWE. We can speculate which actions are, abuse, but unfortunately PWE is in the weekend s mode.

People have submitted tickets for all sorts of these things for more than a year. Just saying.
    edited September 2012
    Well I kinda doubt ticket will do anything and time is short so I'm just trying to work with what we got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohaigaiseohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Too bad in PWI it was a qualification tournament and only the Lost City team (the first PvP server - surprised?) went on for international competition.

i agree its unclear, but i dont see how bringing up PWI is relevant. in JD we mixed all servers and we placed third(when i was playing) and second in the last one...?
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Haven't read much yet about this but you should use arena rep list combined with the ranked ladders if you wasn't going too already, that way you will get much better fights in my opinion..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
    edited September 2012
    People have submitted tickets for all sorts of these things for more than a year. Just saying.

And they probably gave you a standard reply, sigh....

I wonder how the folks in the Chinese FW are organizing the teams.
  • Ulrezaj - Storm LegionUlrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012

You do know the qualification tournament in PWI (the one betwen servers) was :how fast a team can kill a wb right? and the one on servers was a last man standing type.
    So the fact a pvp server won is worth 0. That is why they got their **** kicked so bad it was not even funny.
    edited September 2012
    btw I love that crab's first post ended with "If there are any questions, feel free to ask!" yet there has been so many questions about things needing clarification that haven't been answered. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • londonloverslondonlovers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Attention community!

The top 30 will be guaranteed spots, with the remaining 10 filling backup roles. To make sure we fill the required 30 slots, we will reach out to as many as the top 100 ranked players in order until the required number of participants is met. Note: To qualify, your character must be level 75 or higher. Additionally, the arena scores being taken into account will be comprised of both 3v3 and 6v6 arena matches.

Base on this lines, what i understand from it is that 30 positions and 10 backups, but the top 100 ranked people will be reach out to confirm that there is really 40 people available for this 30v30 thing.

I do understand that everyone wants to go for this. But pls have a really good thoughts for the next few days. Those in the top 100, i do believes some are alts, some are being boosted for the purple arena gears, and many other reasons. I do wish and hope everyone to think carefully, whether you are really good enough to be in the top 30 and 10 reserves. I'm not saying that you are not good enough, but my main concern is that is there someone who is better in pvp than you, but happen that his rank is below and unable to get into the top 30. This is a server vs server thing, and its not of a personal or guild to guild kos, and it reflects the qualities of the people we have in the server.

From today till Sept 11, we are left with 3 days. Talking about getting those really good player to get their arena scores back to be within the top 30 rank, highly impossible. So I really hope everyone can really have a good thoughts for this 3days, whether you should place yourself in the top 30, or should you give up ur position for a better player ranked below you. I really hope to have everyone understanding and support. Thanks.
  • abhinav22abhinav22 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    just how does arena points is suppose to chose goood pvp players for i know my server got many lv4 gemed people 3hitting my team with thier high mastery dmg even in rift 12vs12 i dun't c thoes players using most of thier important skill for pvp they just use skill that have high bonus dmg :mad:while few people in Server actualy r pretty good even with lv1 or lv2 wings:D

and quite agree with Ginus ther having to defend so many area in rift is just insane :eek:
    the selection process realy is bad cuz a lv 80 war with full arena gear 2kpoints with lv 65 priest and bard with 1k points easily makes lots of arena points without having real fight with pros -.-
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Well I kinda doubt ticket will do anything and time is short so I'm just trying to work with what we got.

~snip~

If it was a ToS violation, it would have been made clear long ago, as with the multi- clienting verification.

Also, you have obviously never worked as a GM. You send a standard reply/ automated message when it's a huge pile of the same thing that's been answered over and over again. You also always send an automated message saying it was received and then it gets reviewed if it's an actual problem. If they answered EVERY SINGLE TICKET EVER SENT IN PERSONALLY, they'd never find the real problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
    edited September 2012
    You send a standard reply/ automated message when it's a huge pile of the same thing that's been answered over and over again. You also always send an automated message saying it was received...
    wintdkyo wrote:
    Read what you quote, because this basic fact was already known by Bors, Aish, and I based on what we wrote in our previous posts. Heck, you can infer this solely based on the statements you quoted. Not sure what your main point is...
    If they answered EVERY SINGLE TICKET EVER SENT IN PERSONALLY, they'd never find the real problems.
    What you wrote made no sense. Answering tickets have nothing to do with PWE's ability to find the real problem in the game.

Back to topic, it might be better if we take into account of weekly arena dedication, ie full arena weekly dedication can qualify for the match. Furthermore, as it was mentioned by others, any toon in high arena levels must also meet the plus 75 character requirement. This might not solve all the problems, but it solves a few.

Did they do a livestream in other competitions in other games by PWE?
  • dr4g0ndr4g0n Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    K so which one is the right one?

1. top 20 6-6 and top 20 3-3 get choose.
    2. 3-3 score +6-6 score and divide by 2 the best avarage get choose.

Which one, would be awesome if u Can make it more Clear Crab

Are you choosing 40 from top 100 of all servers, or 40 from top 100 of each servers and we'll have a server vs server qualifying rounds?

STIL WAITING FOR ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want official answer from PWE please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crab u say u wil answer the question, but until now u have not answer this basic question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Read what you quote, because this basic fact was already known by Bors, Aish, and I based on what we wrote in our previous posts. Heck, you can infer this solely based on the statements you quoted. Not sure what your main point is...

What you wrote made no sense. Answering tickets have nothing to do with PWE's ability to find the real problem in the game.

~snip~

=_=

It was a response to if bringing a lower level or lower scored character is abusing an exploit, we'd already know. It further points out that sending pointless tickets is just that- pointless. You know how annoyed you guys get from answering the same thing over and over on forums? GMs get that way too.

My reply was not on attack on any of you guys, despite my wording (my bad on that part), so chill; it was meant as you being 'anyone who thinks this'. You'd be surprised how many people misunderstand what a GM does or how it is done when they are not the actual developer. Lot's of people think our GMs fix problems; they don't.

That being said, they forward the information to Devs. Players tell GMs what bugs exist via tickets. Well, if someone sends in a ticket everyday about how they didn't get ___ item from ___ BOGO because they purchased said item before or after the stated times to qualify, that person creates a long queue for all tickets being sent in. GMs have to sift through all those tickets sent repeatedly; sent as if a GM doesn't answer, it's the end of the universe. Actual tickets with bugs get clustered in with bogus tickets. Now apply that to everyone that plays FW. So yeah, answering tickets from GMs does effect their ability to find real problems. Yeah, they have a program that 'helps' sort out the mess, but it's still a pain in the rear and it still takes time that a lot of naive players find 'unacceptable.'

But I'm sure you guys already understood that. However, a lot of people don't get it, hence the post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~