test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forsaken World International Competition!

17810121317

Comments

  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Carebear spirit, dodge fights, think they're good, no wonder. (I'm talking about the rest of the server obviously). In contrast to us we comprise almost the "whole aeroses" on the map and having to defend 7 at once :p
  • BegForIt - EyrdaBegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It doesn't help that on eyrda, only about 3 guilds from Aeoroses does TW. Out of those three, only ProjectX was able to hold onto more than 1 territory for several weeks besides Final because the other statues had such a greater amount of active guilds. The problem is all the active main toons of pvpers r mainly spread throughout 3 guilds. Because of that, all the territories are going to be monopolized by those 3 guilds who decided to choose 3 different statues for a reason.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mission accomplished!
    Oh so you guys actually read this!

    How about that simple idea then that would make it so much better? Get the top 100 instead of 40 from arena rankings (only 75+) and we pick 30 from them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Etihad - Storm LegionEtihad - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The problem is that turns in to a popularity contest and, as bad as their setup for choosing this competitions participants.. you have to think of something else that is objective but still better then top 30+10 ranking in arena score.
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Carebear spirit, dodge fights, think they're good, no wonder. (I'm talking about the rest of the server obviously). In contrast to us we comprise almost the "whole aeroses" on the map and having to defend 7 at once :p

    They named their guild TeamVISA. What can you expect? We were always Aeroses but they changed to Aero so they wouldn't have to lose Freedom Harbor. And then a bunch of other guilds went Aero too so they could avoid both of us. Almost all of our fights are empty battlefields.
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh so you guys actually read this!

    Nah... There is just a siren that goes off in their office every time I post 3 or more times in a thread. Followed by an announcement stating: "battle stations! Firebat has posted. Evasive actions required.... Ban him or taunt him depending on what has been written."
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nah... There is just a siren that goes off in their office every time I post 3 or more times in a thread. Followed by an announcement stating: "battle stations! Firebat has posted. Evasive actions required.... Ban him or taunt him depending on what has been written."

    and hear i thought they were yelling "TAKE IMMEDIATE REPERCUSSION ACTIONS... I WANT FIRING SOLUTIONS ON THE BAN-MISSALS AND THE TAUNT-ROCKETS ON STANDBY"

    why an i see Loki actually saying that :confused:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and hear i thought they were yelling "TAKE IMMEDIATE REPERCUSSION ACTIONS... I WANT FIRING SOLUTIONS ON THE BAN-MISSALS AND THE TAUNT-ROCKETS ON STANDBY"

    why an i see Loki actually saying that :confused:

    Nothing would shock me... Not after two seperate bans for the same post....

    I don't think they read many threads anyway... Nyxa just sends em individual links to posts.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The problem is that turns in to a popularity contest and, as bad as their setup for choosing this competitions participants.. you have to think of something else that is objective but still better then top 30+10 ranking in arena score.
    Yeah better options have been given, but too hard to implement / GMs too lazy to do it (such as qualification tournament on that server)

    I was offering an easy solution (for the GMs) to make it a lot better than it is now. Sure, it will still be popularity contest, but at least MOST of the time, the people who are popular positively are because they are good... so most of the votes will represent who is good too. Better than taking it mostly off arena rankings which is subjective too. idk how it's on other servers but here me and some others completely MANIPULATE 75+ arena so we can twist the rankings if we wanted and given enough time... how is THAT not subjective? Only thing is it came all of a sudden without notice and only 1 week warning... so it's "random" now... proves absolutely NOTHING btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nickjennanickjenna Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And how many is that to be exact? 12? 13? 14?

    How many wars at a time do you get. 7? 8? 9?

    We have 14 and like 2-3 sometimes 4 at a time
  • Etihad - Storm LegionEtihad - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nah I'm familiar with dropping score etc but at the same time gaining 50+ points per session pre-2600+ even with multiple teams alternating que isn't that hard... and I'm not saying the way things are set up now isn't ridiculous just that I'm not a fan of popularity contests(Maybe cause I'm noobtroll)... either way I'm too lazy to bother so have fun peoples =p
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nah I'm familiar with dropping score etc but at the same time gaining 50+ points per session pre-2600+ even with multiple teams alternating que isn't that hard... and I'm not saying the way things are set up now isn't ridiculous just that I'm not a fan of popularity contests(Maybe cause I'm noobtroll)... either way I'm too lazy to bother so have fun peoples =p
    We tried. Yesterday, 1 session, 3 matches total.

    Party scores: 2.3k, low 2.4k, low 2.4k.

    We got actually ONE match. You know what we did for 2 more matches in 1 hour?

    Go with a lv45.

    +50 points? We gained only like +18. 6 per win, 3 wins. Yeah...
  • fwetihadfwetihad Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wait really?.. I've been in party and I think 1 person had 2652/4 smth and we had way more ques then that in less time... granted I think I was only @ 2350ish but .. you said 3.6.. I'm assuming 2.6... I said under 2600, once you hit 2600 ques drop hard and quick unless theres multiple 2450+ grps queing and yes, even one person in a group of 3 diminshes ability to que that much.(Doubt I'm telling anyone who can get that score anything they dont know)


    -Same noob you were responding to
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yeah pretty sure he meant 2k not 3k lmao

    And it seems for now, at least yesterday, everyone else stopped queing on purpose on Eyrda, just so some people won't get in the 30v30. How is THAT not "favoritism" in a negative way? Truly pathetic too.

    And yes I also had 4 matches during 1 hour and a half... in my pt I had 2450 or so, one member with a bit more (just reached 2500 after those 4 matches), and a level 47 alt with 1400 score. Awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fwetihadfwetihad Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow lolol you guys are getting jipped... sorry its not really funny but damn >.<... and yeah, thats not favoritism but.... it is a shady way to **** people over by playing the game mechanics... I guess everyone sees it every week with ship boss atleast over here on Storm we do thanks to the 'best rift guild on the server' *cough the ones that can't get EB cough*
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah oops i meant 2.3k /facepalm

    Sorry for that and I edited :p
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fwetihad wrote: »
    Wow lolol you guys are getting jipped... sorry its not really funny but damn >.<... and yeah, thats not favoritism but.... it is a shady way to **** people over by playing the game mechanics... I guess everyone sees it every week with ship boss atleast over here on Storm we do thanks to the 'best rift guild on the server' *cough the ones that can't get EB cough*

    Highest cs'd individuals capable of outdps'ing anyone in PvE setting does not equal best PvP guild or best Rift guild. Derp
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    First off:

    GM =\= Dev.
    PWE does not program anything for this, or any, of the games they publish. They are just that: a publisher. A middle man.

    This is not the first international PvP competition PWE has had. TBH, I think PWI's version was fairest: it was guild VS guild and to qualify, you needed to own one territory (however, even that was slightly unfair to the servers that were completely controlled by one faction). Granted, PWI does not have arena, but it does have player rankings.

    PWE and the Devs knew what they were getting into. It's not like the event was annual and needed to be announced this instant. It could have been held off to come up with something fairer.

    Personally, I still like my idea :P

    I would have liked to have seen a special qualification event. A player might be good and not have the funds to make a beast character with max gems, mastery and resistances, but play infinity better than someone who does.

    If there are special characters for the tournament, why wasn't it thought of to use that for qualifications as well? Pick race, class, trees, maxed out rune energy (if any), etc. Put everyone on equal terms.

    A girl can dream, right? :rolleyes:

    Side note: best anything is always debatable and completely up to opinion. IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    [YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

    Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • fwetihadfwetihad Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ygg you have a great idea.. unfortunately yeah it getting implemented won't happen. :x


    As far your comment Aru, like I said theres a screenshot about how you're too afraid to go to 30s or 60s vs us so just stop now while you're only slightly behind.
  • ellishiaellishia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Highest cs'd individuals capable of outdps'ing anyone in PvE setting does not equal best PvP guild or best Rift guild. Derp

    The reason why imp won against us in rift is simply because you have more people running carts. I believe the last number for our 100v100 fight was 71 vs 38, somewhere close to a 2v1 situation.

    In 100v100, it is fairly important to run carts, and that's what boosted your win. And if I remember correctly, that match, although the huge number difference, was fairly close (it was a two or three shot difference despite the party ratio).

    Your pure numbers is the reason for your win, which in a way, does not completely represent skills. And also the reason why you're not winning against us for 30v30 and 60v60 and not willing to go against us in 30v30 and 60v60 because you cannot throw simple numbers at us.

    We can recruit a large number of 60+ people to simply run carts for our rifts, but we do not do so cause we want to provide for our members and upkeep internal peace. We would rather have a better functioning guild, which is what we believe in, hence the dkp system and the multiple guild events before any other guild really started doing them.

    If you're not even willing to come at us during 30v30 or 60v60, please don't boast you're the lead of the best rift guild in Storm. And as for the best pvp guild (let's use the term loosely as it is a pve server and I'm sure the pvp servers have amazing pvpers), I am SURE we have more capable pvper than imp despite our member differences.
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ellishia wrote: »
    The reason why imp won against us in rift is simply because you have more people running carts. I believe the last number for our 100v100 fight was 71 vs 38, somewhere close to a 2v1 situation.

    In 100v100, it is fairly important to run carts, and that's what boosted your win. And if I remember correctly, that match, although the huge number difference, was fairly close (it was a two or three shot difference despite the party ratio).

    Your pure numbers is the reason for your win, which in a way, does not completely represent skills. And also the reason why you're not winning to go against us for 30v30 and 60v60 and not willing to go against us in 30v30 and 60v60 because you cannot throw simple numbers at us.

    We can recruit a large number of 60+ people to simply run carts for our rifts, but we do not do so cause we want to provide for our members and upkeep internal peace. We would rather have a better functioning guild, which is what we believe in, hence the dkp system and the multiple guild events before any other guild really started doing them.

    If you're not even willing to come at us during 30v30 or 60v60, please don't boast you're the lead of the best rift guild in Storm. And as for the best pvp guild (let's use the term loosely as it is a pve server and I'm sure the pvp servers have amazing pvpers), I am SURE we have more capable pvper than imp despite our member differences.

    A. Sorry for having more people in the guild than you? You guys were the ones boasting about how easily you would win. ijs.

    B. You claim that I'm afraid to fight in 30v30 or 60v60, but you still have not answered why you were the one who switched statue to the one we were already on. (Btw, it's not possible to fight you in any wars if you're on our same statue)

    C. Who are you anyway. Quit hiding behind a forum name. lol
  • fthawefthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ellishia wrote: »
    The reason why imp won against us in rift is simply because you have more people running carts. I believe the last number for our 100v100 fight was 71 vs 38, somewhere close to a 2v1 situation.

    In 100v100, it is fairly important to run carts, and that's what boosted your win. And if I remember correctly, that match, although the huge number difference, was fairly close (it was a two or three shot difference despite the party ratio).

    Your pure numbers is the reason for your win, which in a way, does not completely represent skills. And also the reason why you're not winning against us for 30v30 and 60v60 and not willing to go against us in 30v30 and 60v60 because you cannot throw simple numbers at us.

    We can recruit a large number of 60+ people to simply run carts for our rifts, but we do not do so cause we want to provide for our members and upkeep internal peace. We would rather have a better functioning guild, which is what we believe in, hence the dkp system and the multiple guild events before any other guild really started doing them.

    If you're not even willing to come at us during 30v30 or 60v60, please don't boast you're the lead of the best rift guild in Storm. And as for the best pvp guild (let's use the term loosely as it is a pve server and I'm sure the pvp servers have amazing pvpers), I am SURE we have more capable pvper than imp despite our member differences.


    Why you feel so desperate to defend self? oh I know your gear is so OP but if the suggestion of Yggdrasil went, a qualification round of equality, I know many in your guild that wouldn't be even near. Like my suggestion, use a new server for test rounds of people that want to go and then arena tests of 3v3 pug only. You might one day have a priest, one day not, same for everyone else, so stop complaining, everyone a fair chance. The top scores at end will be the contestants. Sound easy?
  • Javert - Storm LegionJavert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A. Sorry for having more people in the guild than you? You guys were the ones boasting about how easily you would win. ijs.

    B. You claim that I'm afraid to fight in 30v30 or 60v60, but you still have not answered why you were the one who switched statue to the one we were already on. (Btw, it's not possible to fight you in any wars if you're on our same statue)

    C. Who are you anyway. Quit hiding behind a forum name. lol

    it's Ailia from tv... just saying xD
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

    If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • Resignia - Storm LegionResignia - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'M THE BEST! I'M THE BEST GUILD! YOU CAN'T PHASE ME! -dojdojdojdojdojdojdojdojdoj- Haters gonna hate! :D
  • Borsook - EyrdaBorsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Anyone can say they're the best. But if GMs wanted, why not make us challenge their stupid picks and take their place instead hmm? It's like they're afraid of it because every other version has done it / or in PWI too.

    Of course it doesn't mean best skillwise, but I don't think they're willing to let us do that so...
  • ellishiaellishia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it's Ailia from tv... just saying xD

    The stupid forums won't let me click my toon, else I'm just really bad at technology, could be both.... O.O However, you can just click my name and get the toon name, correct?

    1. As I said, we're not going to recruit for the sole purpose of recruiting. Also if I recalled, you guys didn't show up for one of the 100v100s because you didn't have enough people to mob us. And there has been plenty of times where you and your guild members threw the same thing at us. Now, the main thing is you're comparing your numbers to guild skills, and that's not in correlations at all. You have the largest rift guild on Storm, that is indisputable, as for the other, not so much.

    2. Cause Yuna screwed it up. It was supposed to be win Nightfall, then switch. But he misheard and just switched. But don't worry too much aru, a statue switch has been in discussion for a while now. So if we go against you guys for 100v100, are you coming against us for 60v60 and 30v30?
  • ellishiaellishia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    Why you feel so desperate to defend self? oh I know your gear is so OP but if the suggestion of Yggdrasil went, a qualification round of equality, I know many in your guild that wouldn't be even near. Like my suggestion, use a new server for test rounds of people that want to go and then arena tests of 3v3 pug only. You might one day have a priest, one day not, same for everyone else, so stop complaining, everyone a fair chance. The top scores at end will be the contestants. Sound easy?

    I have no problem with that. Personally, I find it interesting. And I'm a priest, so I need DDs. Might be interesting to end up with three priests though, haha.
  • onthelowonthelow Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hmm, I don't remember saying "this is just a game" or anything like that, but okay, I'll let you think that. I just told you to quit being an **** everytime someone contradicted you. Kinda different.

    As for cs'ing, I've cs'd. My char is where it is largely in part to my cs'ing. I haven't cs'd as much as most of the people posting in this forum, I'd imagine, but I have cs'd.

    In terms of competition, I face people with better mastery, better resistances, better gems, and better gear on a daily basis. I am not afraid of tough competition. I welcome it. I want to face the CN players. Bring em on. I'll do everything I can to send them home crying. Oh, and I'll have FUN in the process.

    lets be honest now, u have the same mastery as the ppl u face and you dont face us on a daily basis, u quit after u face us 1 time. OBVIOUSLY you are afraid of tough competition cuz riding feka can only get you so far. a sin who is improved by mastery on lvl 80 resist with the pet buff added onto it and anyone with 80 mastery is slightly improved on. i would validate that comment if you didnt avoid strong teams all together or only go during sessions im not there ;)
  • Aruthor - Storm LegionAruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    onthelow wrote: »
    lets be honest now, u have the same mastery as the ppl u face and you dont face us on a daily basis, u quit after u face us 1 time. OBVIOUSLY you are afraid of tough competition cuz riding feka can only get you so far. a sin who is improved by mastery on lvl 80 resist with the pet buff added onto it and anyone with 80 mastery is slightly improved on. i would validate that comment if you didnt avoid strong teams all together or only go during sessions im not there ;)

    Why do you guys always make fun of others for being smart? Lol. You can 2 hit ko me with redhand. I'm trying to get score. Facing you = bad idea. Regardless of FeKa's char, my char is not strong enough to tank your red hand. Also, our priest doesn't cs. He had to farm everything he had. So... our team is clearly not equipped to take on your very best teams. Sorry for not wanting to give away my score.

    (And for the record, anyone from your guild that we spank on the first match, pretty much always quits after one as well. it's called respecting the fact that you're outmatched. derp)

    And btw, Tusy hit me for 88k in 12v12 so.... you might want to take down that sig. lol
  • onthelowonthelow Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Few questions for you, Eti.

    1. Which guild, despite their incessant bragging and boasting about how the other one "needed lube" and would "get wrecked", ended up losing in the 100v100 battle for Nightfall?

    2. Which guild owns the most territories on the Rift map atm?

    3. And which guild was it that, despite claiming they could beat anyone easily, when they were in danger of losing Freedom Harbor, changed statues to avoid the fight altogether?

    1. which guild wont fight us for EB bosses despite having so many heavy CSers also?

    2. which guild wont fight us in 60v60 or 30v30?

    3. which guild has to Q dodge to get anything in arena?

    4. which guild takes in almost everyone to run carts for em?

    we turn down more ppl then u have in your guild ;) we dont go for who has the most of something, quality over quantity. we know our guild is somewhat small. u may have beaten us in 100v100 which is cool but no one cares LOL. we had 40 ppl with 15 of them being dual logged by us and u had 72 i think it was and u didnt even stomp us as bad as u say u did come on now we can all talk trash just quit acting so cool and go back to complaining about the way they set it up.

    owning the most territories doesnt mean youre the best
Sign In or Register to comment.