Forsaken World International Competition!

Comments

• Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    shuu aru we both know on storm 50% of people that are in top 40 are noobs:))
    good luck having them on your side :))
    but tbh it's just a tournament i just hope the people representing storm won't makes us look like "carebears"
    Unfortunately with people like Javert and Aruthor, I have a feeling it will happen for sure on Storm. Which is why they're playing the "this is just a game" card, in case it does happen... so even when they get outskilled they can pull it. I wonder though, if you are so scared of real top elite vs elite, why call us out on skills or cashshopping hmm? Especially Aruthor. Hilarious.
    dont tell people what to do with their lives? You were the one telling me to go play the game a few posts back.
    ijs =3
    contradiction much?
    That was based on what YOU were saying. YOU said this is "just a game" not me. So why so serious? Practice what you preach kiddo.

I am serious because I don't agree with you. Deal with it. ;)
  • nrliev
    nrliev Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Again, I shall repeat myself.

Why don't we have qualifying rounds instead?

A Tournament of any sort without Qualifying rounds is stupid.

Its like having special needs children in an adults 300 meter run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vesrix - Eydra - First Zodiac Blood Rite Vamp
    - lvl 80 Hybrid Blood 35 / Dark 26 vamp (tinyurl.com/Mybuilduh)
  • mcdavey7
    mcdavey7 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't the top 2 guilds on most servers have like a deep seeded hatred for each other? Should be interesting when it comes to that teamwork. I guess its a good thing all the characters are going to be anonymous.

p.s. i want to be a carebear
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    mcdavey7 wrote: »
    Don't the top 2 guilds on most servers have like a deep seeded hatred for each other? Should be interesting when it comes to that teamwork. I guess its a good thing all the characters are going to be anonymous.

I think most of us are grown up enough to ignore that for a common goal for the entire server. You talk like the leaders will chose personally and not with the collective voice of everyone.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ....give each land owning IR guild 12 accounts to send their best to a test server with the same rules as the real tournament.

I guarantee we will sort out for ourselves within 2 hours who our top 6 teams (30 players) are. No GM time needed short of account access.

Problem solved... Easiest method to find the most skilled team-oriented players

Hell... It might even be a fun PERMANENT event to coordinate.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Aruthor - Storm Legion
    Aruthor - Storm Legion Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Unfortunately with people like Javert and Aruthor, I have a feeling it will happen for sure on Storm. Which is why they're playing the "this is just a game" card, in case it does happen... so even when they get outskilled they can pull it. I wonder though, if you are so scared of real top elite vs elite, why call us out on skills or cashshopping hmm? Especially Aruthor. Hilarious.

Hmm, I don't remember saying "this is just a game" or anything like that, but okay, I'll let you think that. I just told you to quit being an **** everytime someone contradicted you. Kinda different.

As for cs'ing, I've cs'd. My char is where it is largely in part to my cs'ing. I haven't cs'd as much as most of the people posting in this forum, I'd imagine, but I have cs'd.

In terms of competition, I face people with better mastery, better resistances, better gems, and better gear on a daily basis. I am not afraid of tough competition. I welcome it. I want to face the CN players. Bring em on. I'll do everything I can to send them home crying. Oh, and I'll have FUN in the process.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    My apologize, I was talking about Javert.
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »

If so, it'd be best to use the most skilled players, which in turn means creating that special server for test runs first. Only allowed pug - 3v3 / 6v6 within a 2 hour range. Top scores upon 6 days = in. Anyone that wants to join allowed. Each server their own server.

eh eh

Le qualification ?

Oh and Aruthor OP gears
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mcdavey7 wrote: »

Anonymous? You think people will be dumb to do that? Oh wait with the ones currently qualifying yes they will sorry my bad.

People will or SHOULD know each other, they'll play together with teamwork communicating via voice chat program. lmao good luck beating serious servers like CN with this casual attitude some of you guys are too cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    Le qualification ?

Oh and Aruthor OP gears

Pug only is an all around bad idea... It comes down to luck then. No priest? People who are average on their own, but dominate with a second person (some people instinctively know what their teammate will do), underpowered classes that don't have supporting classes to meatshield.

This needs more than "grab some good people" it is a team thing... And teams take time to become good.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • SFX_Royal - Storm Legion
    SFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Top 40 from 3v3 and 6v6 rankings. 75 +, so no alts.
    If you're on my block list :rolleyes:
    Then I don't know who you are. Probably an angry troll.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012

That is going to lead to the most uncoordinated group of cash shoppers pressing 1234 that this game has ever seen. Score=/= skill.

You would have a better team if you just sent an entire guild chosen at random.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • SFX_Royal - Storm Legion
    SFX_Royal - Storm Legion Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i was just posting what the rules for entry was. Read the first page.
    P.S. Could you make it 70+ and maybe server vote? I'm sure server votes works more than top 40 scores.
    If you're on my block list :rolleyes:
    Then I don't know who you are. Probably an angry troll.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    i was just posting what the rules for entry was. Read the first page.
    P.S. Could you make it 70+ and maybe server vote? I'm sure server votes works more than top 40 scores.

"10g for everyone who votes for godlydan"
    Oh look... Useless player with mommy's visa has just won entrance.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    Actually, these days CSers with no skill fail badly. The only reason they're on top of rankings is because the other skilled players let them get there (since guildies) cuz we thought the STUPID DAMN SCORE IS POINTLESS.

This is a slap in the face it's like I said, making the "A copper" item worth 10d suddenly.

THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT TAKE THE RANKINGS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. What is the point seriously? This tourney is for fun competition, not some random noobs going there like headless chickens against organized guilds like CN. Let us pick if you don't want to embarrass the whole US and EU communities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012

i have 5 alts that are 75+... many of the ppl 75+ in the top are alts have u not been paying attention to what weve been saying for 20 pages?.... ALTS GET BOOSTED WHILE MAINS DROP SCORE... jesus this is stupid have a qualifying match like all normal tournments and the problem is solved
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    At a bare minimum if we can't choose ourselves.... Entrance to an IR tournament should have entrance related to IR rankings.... Arena is completely different and shouldn't factor AT ALL.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012

That was based on what YOU were saying. YOU said this is "just a game" not me. So why so serious? Practice what you preach kiddo.

I am serious because I don't agree with you. Deal with it. ;)

it is just a game,
    obviously forsaken world is your life then.
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Ulrezaj - Storm Legion
    Ulrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok at this point complaining won't help ...we all know they won't change it.
    I hope at least this tournament will be live so we can see our fellow "pro" players get .......by the ones from CN.

Have a nice day:)
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    Alright guys! We are going to have an international basketball tournament! Fastest drag racers make the team!

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

CHANGE THE ENTRANCE RULES NOW
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    XDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it is just a game,
    obviously forsaken world is your life then.

baseball is also just a game

oh and dont say thats a "job" because i know some LoL "players" that makes more money than baseball players
    Alright guys! We are going to have an international basketball tournament! Fastest drag racers make the team!

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

CHANGE THE ENTRANCE RULES NOW

qft
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • Aruthor - Storm Legion
    edited September 2012
    jesus this is stupid have a qualifying match like all normal tournments and the problem is solved

And do you have any idea how to create a qualifying match? (in terms of coding). Do you have any clue at all how much effort it is to coordinate something like this? They can't just push two buttons and everything magically comes together. It takes a lot of time and effort to create anything like this because it's incredibly complex. This probably took months to create and organize. Not to mention the fact that you and others will probably scream bloody murder if you find even one bug in the system. It is a valid idea if it had been brought to the table at the time this event was initially proposed. It is useless now because it is not possible. Instead of wasting time yelling and screaming about what could have been possible before, try and think of solutions that are viable now
  • Ghundrop - Eyrda
    Ghundrop - Eyrda Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If only the arena (3v3 and 6v6) had been done so that skill was the only basis (that is arena only gear can be used no refines, no masteries etc etc) for the matches as opposed to cash shop levels.

If only there were not such huge character imbalances e.g. in early arena if not heavily cash shopped a mm is nothing more than a free kill (at least that changes once we get shield ala 60+).

If only the developers and gms (I blame both) would come of their high horses and listen to the players who pvp constantly in this game and recognise game breaking issues e.g.
    1) ice mage freeze rate is simply to high
    2) assassins simply need some kind of nerf
    3) water bard shield + mana drain is simply OP in the low arena levels
    4) Charmed Strike still needs nerfing
    5) the evasion stat needs to be nerfed or accuracy needs to be boosted

There are other but all in all its so poorly done that in the end the 3v3 arena score is no real reflection of anything other than which class you picked to cash shop and or what friends you have!

I wish, I really wish we had honest developers and other staff.

I really love the mm class and it makes me honestly feel bad to see how it has been scoffed at and ignored.

Why! Why is every single game all about assasins in PvP! Why?

I feel extremely let down by PWE/FW staff.

On the other hand I feel excited for all my vamp/mage/sin etc friends who will get a chance to showcase their skills in the upcoming tournament. You all have my full support and I hope we can have our best 30 represent us and that we can win!

Good luck guys!
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    You know what I find hilarious?

I. Rules of Qualifying Competition

a. Each district is responsible for establishing their own rules for qualifying, but only one 40-person team will be selected (among them 30 people are formal members, 10 people are reserves) to participate in the International Competition.

b. The detailed name list of players who will participate in the International Competition must be submitted before September 17th.

Oh look they actually let us pick 30 "elites" from a pool of.. 40 people selected in a dumb matter. WHY do this **** in the first place and not just pick all 30-40 from the START -.-

Somehow I have a feeling if it ends up with **** ppl in selection the GMs will get trolled hard by people not sending list of participants, or not showing up, just to show them what they did with this **** idea of rankings and can't change it based on feedback >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And do you have any idea how to create a qualifying match? (in terms of coding). Do you have any clue at all how much effort it is to coordinate something like this? They can't just push two buttons and everything magically comes together. It takes a lot of time and effort to create anything like this because it's incredibly complex. This probably took months to create and organize. Not to mention the fact that you and others will probably scream bloody murder if you find even one bug in the system. It is a valid idea if it had been brought to the table at the time this event was initially proposed. It is useless now because it is not possible. Instead of wasting time yelling and screaming about what could have been possible before, try and think of solutions that are viable now

a small amount of gm interaction is all that required... fill out a form online (terribly hard to code).... GM gets in game calls forth team A and team B , then C and D etc etc
    winners face off.... GM INTERACTION OMG WHATS THAT?!?!.... they do this type of thing with no extra coding in many other mmos all it requires is a gm be in game and thats it ....

If only the developers and gms (I blame both) would come of their high horses and listen to the players who pvp constantly in this game and recognise game breaking issues e.g.
    1) ice mage freeze rate is simply to high
    2) assassins simply need some kind of nerf
    3) water bard shield + mana drain is simply OP in the low arena levels
    4) Charmed Strike still needs nerfing
    5) the evasion stat needs to be nerfed or accuracy needs to be boosted

Good luck guys!

lets not get started on this again....
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    You know what I find hilarious?

I. Rules of Qualifying Competition

a. Each district is responsible for establishing their own rules for qualifying, but only one 40-person team will be selected (among them 30 people are formal members, 10 people are reserves) to participate in the International Competition.

b. The detailed name list of players who will participate in the International Competition must be submitted before September 17th.

Oh look they actually let us pick 30 "elites" from a pool of.. 40 people selected in a dumb matter. WHY do this **** in the first place and not just pick all 30-40 from the START -.-

Somehow I have a feeling if it ends up with **** ppl in selection the GMs will get trolled hard by people not sending list of participants, or not showing up, just to show them what they did with this **** idea of rankings and can't change it based on feedback >.>

I almost wish we had access to the test server. Gms pick 30 their way.... We pick 30 or way... And run a test match to watch how quickly a team gets rolled.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    There is. It has been said, easy one in fact.

Let IR guilds pick people for them. Then, make an arena session (already done since it's a server, it has IR too where the competition takes place) on the test server... and see the ranking then.

Shall I ask you, if you think it's unfair for the IR guilds to choose the pre-elimination people... what makes you think RANDOM NOOBS who are obviously not part of IR, will be able to even COORDINATE once this thing kicks in?

You realize just cause you're good in arena as a solo player or whatever, you'll have to play by the rules, follow a leader in commands etc... in the actual 30v30 fight right?

Having no experience in IR should AUTOMATICALLY disqualify you. Idc how good you are in arena.

Makes sense huh.
  • Aruthor - Storm Legion
    edited September 2012
    There is. It has been said, easy one in fact.

Let IR guilds pick people for them. Then, make an arena session (already done since it's a server, it has IR too where the competition takes place) on the test server... and see the ranking then.

Shall I ask you, if you think it's unfair for the IR guilds to choose the pre-elimination people... what makes you think RANDOM NOOBS who are obviously not part of IR, will be able to even COORDINATE once this thing kicks in?

You realize just cause you're good in arena as a solo player or whatever, you'll have to play by the rules, follow a leader in commands etc... in the actual 30v30 fight right?

Having no experience in IR should AUTOMATICALLY disqualify you. Idc how good you are in arena.

Makes sense huh.

It makes sense in theory. But the idea of who will be "best" in immortal rift is subjective any way you slice it. Arena is small and concentrated which requires more individual skill. Rift, on the other hand, does not require measurable individual skill. If I have 15 people at my back, we can take down anyone no matter how skilled they are.

All of you have overlooked the crucial factor here. The deciding factor in Rift is NOT individual skill. It is teamwork and coordination and there is absolutely no way to determine what 30 would do that best. Even if you managed to pick the best 30 skilled people, who says they will work together any better than the noobs? I know for example on my server, there are plenty of people who, if chosen, would not work well together at all. And I can't imagine it's entirely different on any other server.

You can choose the 30 best individuals but by no means does that guarantee you a good team. All that means is you'll have 30 people that in a small PvP environment, can hold their own.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    It makes sense in theory. But the idea of who will be "best" in immortal rift is subjective any way you slice it. Arena is small and concentrated which requires more individual skill. Rift, on the other hand, does not require measurable individual skill. If I have 15 people at my back, we can take down anyone no matter how skilled they are.

All of you have overlooked the crucial factor here. The deciding factor in Rift is NOT individual skill. It is teamwork and coordination and there is absolutely no way to determine what 30 would do that best. Even if you managed to pick the best 30 skilled people, who says they will work together any better than the noobs? I know for example on my server, there are plenty of people who, if chosen, would not work well together at all. And I can't imagine it's entirely different on any other server.

You can choose the 30 best individuals but by no means does that guarantee you a good team. All that means is you'll have 30 people that in a small PvP environment, can hold their own.

I already covered that. Guilds pick 12 and we duke it out 6v6. Teamwork inherantly relies more in your group, than in the entire force. 1 leader just has to tell the 6 what to do, how they accomplish it is a moot point. Its not like 12 people have to gank 1 cser like in the past.

6 who work well together are better than 30 going solo. Any way to be fair across the servers while still maintaining good teams is more than enough.... Compared to srnding arena score people
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    Even if you managed to pick the best 30 skilled people, who says they will work together any better than the noobs? I know for example on my server, there are plenty of people who, if chosen, would not work well together at all. And I can't imagine it's entirely different on any other server.
    And?

I'm pretty sure any decent guild leader knows who's good in PvP, who's skilled, and who works with who. If not, they fail as a leader.

Even if leader doesn't know, someone must know obviously so leader will listen to him for advice.