Forsaken World International Competition!

1246717

Comments

  • Encelade - Eyrda
    Encelade - Eyrda Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    don't tell me you guys are actually comparing the Olympic Games to that competition in Forsaken World, and actually compare yourselves to Olympic athletes too.:eek:

    Are you guys serious?
    Some people seriously need to get over themselves, it is getting creepy.
  • PostgreSQL - Eyrda
    PostgreSQL - Eyrda Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    No one really cares what your opinion on that is, considering we can ask this simple question in world chat about you and at least 10 people will flame you.

    And you know what's funny? Do you also go on Olympics forums and tell them "chill out, it's just a... game" in there as well? Cause they take sports too seriously?

    Mind your own business. Not everyone is the same.

    your in my business.
    the olympics is in real life, this is on the internet.
    your opinion and everybody elses does not affect me, hope ur not mad but i will continue to speak my mind on everything that you post that i feel like.
    and u cant stop me o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://rcupload.com/images/QeRFD.png[/SIGPIC]
    -->MSSQL Is NOT my alt !<--
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_sports

    Please stop posting before embarassing yourself more.

    Just because you play basketball with your buddies in your yard doesn't mean you have the right to tell people to not play it competitively.

    And for the fact you think they're different just shows how much of a kid you really are.


    "This is just a game" Thanks for the info, mom. Kindly don't tell people what to do with their lives? You got something missing in yours?

    Anyway this is way off topic as usual by the "casual" people telling others how to play. Your life is not enough for you to lead? Damn it must be boring.
  • bolta3241
    bolta3241 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so what if play on PvE and not going arena never will go there xD what a shame
    need to play PvP on PvE(server):mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wtf is wrong with you people, why can't you just be happy that you at least get the chance to even enter this competition while the rest of us who aren't OP cash shoppers/arena booster suck ups get to sit by and watch??? ungratefuls...
  • goldrnage
    goldrnage Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We need details.

    Top 15 3v3 and top 15 6v6?

    Or average out scores of both? I need to know if I gotta get score in 6v6... FAST <.<

    I am surprised no one asked this earlier. Tbh because they were not specific in 3v3 or 6v6 I was assuming they were talking about arena reputation which would be a lot more sense. Arena rep shows the people who are experienced in arena. Technically this is not a solution to show who are the strongest or most skilled. You can be number 1 and still be terrible. But it would give the GMs a good idea on who the most experienced players are rather then leaving it up to the general public to decide on each server who the strongest are. If so then I just got knocked down to 31 yesterday LOL...so I need to do some arena's soon :p.

    Just read this:
    Note: To qualify, your character must be level 75 or higher. Additionally, the arena scores being taken into account will be comprised of both 3v3 and 6v6 arena matches.


    So I guess it is not arena rep xD.
    ~Ritysayo~
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bolta3241 wrote: »
    so what if play on PvE and not going arena never will go there xD what a shame
    need to play PvP on PvE(server):mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Because this is a PvP competition. :rolleyes:
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bolta3241 wrote: »
    so what if play on PvE and not going arena never will go there xD what a shame
    need to play PvP on PvE(server):mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Yes because this PVP COMPETITION TOURNAMENT totally needs a PvE carebear like you to participate...

    some people are unbelievable.
    don't tell me you guys are actually comparing the Olympic Games to that competition in Forsaken World, and actually compare yourselves to Olympic athletes too.:eek:

    Are you guys serious?
    Some people seriously need to get over themselves, it is getting creepy.
    Cool story? Now go home nobody cares of your casual opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dr4g0n
    dr4g0n Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Now lets see what i should do, should i help kurt, cest, Juuz get his score so can compete together ;), or boost Bush Of Fire score the Pro MM so he can afk in tournament, hard choice:p:p

    Bastos which one u will pick, i let u pick this one:D


    Go Go BushOfFire become eryda captain and beat CN server :o
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why do i get the feeling that the GMs put this up just to read what people would rage about? This thread made me laugh so hard my roomates had to come and ask me twice if I was ok.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would have liked to have seen a special qualification event. A player might be good and not have the funds to make a beast character with max gems, mastery and resistances, but play infinity better than someone who does.

    If there are special characters for the tournament, why wasn't it thought of to use that for qualifications as well? Pick race, class, trees, maxed out rune energy (if any), etc. Put everyone on equal terms.

    A girl can dream, right? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    [YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

    Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • ixeloss
    ixeloss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well. I'd definitely like to request that the level requirement be lowered to at least 70.

    My priest qualifies, except, she's a few levels short.

    As for gearing and such, and how the selections are even made...
    Yeah...
    Most of the people are ranked at the top because of their gear (AKA. Cashshop; wings and mastery/resists.)
    Of course, there are the people who are extremely shopped but also PvP well. But regardless, there probably are people who know what their doing; it's just that skill goes to an extent of how shopped people are.
    A fair number of people were carried to the top of arena.

    As for my own priest. Level 72 and 28 chroma at 2600. I'd like to see her manage in this tournament. I'd just prefer if the selections were, I suppose, more reasonable?

    Must hit 75... -sadface-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've never played on Eyrda, but in Storm, if I drop 3v3 score for a week, it takes like 10-15 wins to get the points back. If you're discounting all the sub 75s, what would the qualifying score be? 2400? Shouldn't really be a problem for a good player to get back in it. And plus, NOBODY can drop 6v6 score. There's just not enough time to do it, so you must qualify based on that alone.

    Furthermore, being a dominant cash shop player is not the indicator of skill on a playing field where gear is level. I'm sure there are a number of people without lvl 90 mastery who could have been better but would have low score because they constantly face teams where they get killed before they can actually play.

    I agree that this system is arbitrary in selecting players, but arena skill is different from coordinating a successful rift war. The selection criteria seem to be as fair as it can be. Voting or using your personal characters for a tournament is ridiculous. If there is to be a tournament, then it should be on the server with a level playing field. But even then, arena skill is not rift skill and some people will QQ about that.
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes because this PVP COMPETITION TOURNAMENT totally needs a PvE carebear like you to participate...

    some people are unbelievable.Cool story? Now go home nobody cares of your casual opinion.

    I have actually seen plenty of people more intent and knowledgeable at PvP on PvE servers than most of the population on PvP servers.
    I would have liked to have seen a special qualification event. A player might be good and not have the funds to make a beast character with max gems, mastery and resistances, but play infinity better than someone who does.

    If there are special characters for the tournament, why wasn't it thought of to use that for qualifications as well? Pick race, class, trees, maxed out rune energy (if any), etc. Put everyone on equal terms.

    A girl can dream, right? :rolleyes:

    I agree completely. I honestly have no faith in someone who wins their PvP matches by killing his/her opponents in one or two shots. That takes no skill at all and is more gear and gem based. But unfortunately that is the majority of Arena matches. With common gear/masteries/etc. it will be hard to one or two shot opponents. The competitors should be chosen by testing to see who can fight well with that is given to them, not what they already had. That tests to see who truly knows their class, how to play it, and how well they do in different situations that they aren't used to.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ixeloss wrote: »
    Well. I'd definitely like to request that the level requirement be lowered to at least 70.

    My priest qualifies, except, she's a few levels short.

    As for gearing and such, and how the selections are even made...
    Yeah...
    Most of the people are ranked at the top because of their gear (AKA. Cashshop; wings and mastery/resists.)
    Of course, there are the people who are extremely shopped but also PvP well. But regardless, there probably are people who know what their doing; it's just that skill goes to an extent of how shopped people are.
    A fair number of people were carried to the top of arena.

    As for my own priest. Level 72 and 28 chroma at 2600. I'd like to see her manage in this tournament. I'd just prefer if the selections were, I suppose, more reasonable?

    Must hit 75... -sadface-

    I strongly disagree. If you're not lvl 75 as a priest, you don't have the experience using your class to the fullest and therefore should be disqualified.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ixeloss wrote: »
    Well. I'd definitely like to request that the level requirement be lowered to at least 70.

    My priest qualifies, except, she's a few levels short.

    As for gearing and such, and how the selections are even made...
    Yeah...
    Most of the people are ranked at the top because of their gear (AKA. Cashshop; wings and mastery/resists.)
    Of course, there are the people who are extremely shopped but also PvP well. But regardless, there probably are people who know what their doing; it's just that skill goes to an extent of how shopped people are.
    A fair number of people were carried to the top of arena.

    As for my own priest. Level 72 and 28 chroma at 2600. I'd like to see her manage in this tournament. I'd just prefer if the selections were, I suppose, more reasonable?

    Must hit 75... -sadface-
    Sorry but it should actually be 80, because as pro as you might think you are, some level 75 and 80 skills are crucial as PvP experience. You do not even have purify yet, and neither your priest sleep skill. So you won't know how to use them.
    I have actually seen plenty of people more intent and knowledgeable at PvP on PvE servers than most of the population on PvP servers.
    I never said PvE server ppl don't know how to PvP, not all of them anyway. But take a look at the quote I did in the post you quoted first -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Questions:
    Will players get to choose race/class or use the one that is based on their character?
    What is meant by equal gearing? Will accuracy/evasion be a factor in this or just equal mastery/resists?
    Will all runes, gear, gems be available to players?
    Will there be a trial period where players can get comfortable using their FWIC server toons?
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sorry but it should actually be 80, because as pro as you might think you are, some level 75 and 80 skills are crucial as PvP experience. You do not even have purify yet, and neither your priest sleep skill. So you won't know how to use them.

    I disagree, simply because a person doesn't have a skill or 5 additional talents doesn't mean they are unable to play their character. Those talents or skills alone don't make the entirety of the class. Sure they can make some difference but a character without those can easily beat out a similar character depending on how they use the majority of the characters abilities.
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kateena - Storm Legion
    Kateena - Storm Legion Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    While i can't speak for all classes, playing with a priest who uses all their skills vs playing with one who doesn't sleep / purify is a HUGE difference. Players who are comfortable playing lowbies won't know how to do that.
  • IvoryFeath - Lionheart
    IvoryFeath - Lionheart Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Level and gear won't play a factor, as personal characters wont be used for the tournament. Special tournament only characters and equipment will be used.

    Okay, am I the only one that thinks this is a load of ****? If I had the gear and gems needed I could easily be on that list in my server. I know my class and I know the tricks and trades of my class. But because I don't have the money to put into the game to have the best of everything to get up the ranking list I wont even be able to qualify. There are a LOT of players on every server that know their class and are good at playing them but due to heavy cash shoppers the ppl that DO know their classes are pushed aside by ppl that have the best gear and gems and rely on that instead of knowing their class. There are plenty of heavy cash shoppers on Lionheart that got to the top on mommy and daddy's credit but don't know **** about what their class is truly capable of.
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the requirements should be 80 seeing as that is the cap thats where all real pvp happens thats where you can genuinely say you know your character COMPLETELY, at 79 you cannot know everything PERIOD no matter how much you think you know you are missing something and in some cases that is a game changing skill (priest sleep for example) so in reality 80 should be required to evne be considered...that also solves the problem of alts, solves the problem of equality (all 80s know the character if a 79 comes in and is put on a 80 they have to learn something new which is unfair) solves the problem of experience in most cases....thats why i suggested arena rep to begin with...alts cannot have farmed the rep to be in the top where as the top 40 arena rep ppl earned that over a long time, its unfair to send some one who spent 2 weeks getting boosted at lvl 65 to high scores then got carried the rest of the way once they hit 70-75 isnt it? there needs to be some kind of competition to find out our real elites since 1 week isnt even enough time to really get the scores back that weve been forced to drop to even maintain a semi constant que in arena period...
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Finally someone who understands! Thank you Kateena.

    And yes, you can't say it doesn't make a difference when you aren't the one needing it or even having a high level priest to see how much of a difference it makes.

    Mages get a 5 second AoE silence... in Rift that is devastating knowing how to time it properly...

    For the record, me/Aishleen lead (as in, PvP lead) one of the top guilds on Eyrda in IR, and we defended 7 wars last week. Since we had to split up our guild into so many wars, we only had 1 or 2 parties for most. Which means we were outnumbered individually in wars. So yes I know what I'm talking about when I know how Rift is compared to Arena. (obviously, me and Aishleen were leading the 2 toughest defenses each)

    But getting it from arena score is just a horrid way of picking. Seriously, you should make something like this where you pick people that pick others.

    IDEA TO MAKE SELECTION BETTER

    1) Pick the largest 2-3 guilds in IR leaders for a selection. (by largest I mean controlling most territories)
    2) Pick the top few arena rated for rep/3v3/6v6.

    And probably some others. Then have them PICK PEOPLE to come. It doesn't mean these people I listed will qualify. It only means they get too choose who qualifies. With other criteria of course, but the main idea is... you should just let someone knowledgeable (the collective of best IR / arena / probably 12v12 if it wasn't random, and them then deciding themselves over who to actually make it to the tournament to represent the server; should be a MUCH better selection than simply "Arena score").

    Don't you think that those above know more about the server than a stupid arena score by itself? Really?

    Let them pick.
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Finally someone who understands! Thank you Kateena.

    And yes, you can't say it doesn't make a difference when you aren't the one needing it or even having a high level priest to see how much of a difference it makes.

    Mages get a 5 second AoE silence... in Rift that is devastating knowing how to time it properly...

    For the record, me/Aishleen lead (as in, PvP lead) one of the top guilds on Eyrda in IR, and we defended 7 wars last week. Since we had to split up our guild into so many wars, we only had 1 or 2 parties for most. Which means we were outnumbered individually in wars. So yes I know what I'm talking about when I know how Rift is compared to Arena. (obviously, me and Aishleen were leading the 2 toughest defenses each)

    But getting it from arena score is just a horrid way of picking. Seriously, you should make something like this where you pick people that pick others.

    IDEA TO MAKE SELECTION BETTER

    1) Pick the largest 2-3 guilds in IR leaders for a selection. (by largest I mean controlling most territories)
    2) Pick the top few arena rated for rep/3v3/6v6.

    And probably some others. Then have them PICK PEOPLE to come. It doesn't mean these people I listed will qualify. It only means they get too choose who qualifies. With other criteria of course, but the main idea is... you should just let someone knowledgeable (the collective of best IR / arena / probably 12v12 if it wasn't random, and them then deciding themselves over who to actually make it to the tournament to represent the server; should be a MUCH better selection than simply "Arena score").

    Don't you think that those above know more about the server than a stupid arena score by itself? Really?

    Let them pick.

    i was in the process of making a nice long post about how the guild won 7 tws last week and that was more relevent to this than arena score when u posted this lmao
  • Tifa - Eyrda
    Tifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So many angry waves.. D:

    Just have fun going against the best of the best and worry about technicalities later! *thumbs up* :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaizensFur - Nyos
    RaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If the selection is going to be based on arena score(alt or not) some peeps are going to have one massive wakeupcall. We(Nyos) are going to look really bad, Why? Because most of our 'top'arena players are facerolling,droolers whos best skill is to hit O and charge zen.

    I hope these fights are recorded, they will provide huge entertainment for monthes on end
  • Xpewx - Eyrda
    Xpewx - Eyrda Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So many angry waves.. D:

    Just have fun going against the best of the best and worry about technicalities later! *thumbs up* :D

    thats the problem tifa... over there arena score means the best of the best because they have the population to support arena properly we however do not and are forced to drop score to continue queing and a large amount of our bests are not in the top for score because of lowbies or score dropping or a combo of the 2
  • Tifa - Eyrda
    Tifa - Eyrda Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i was in the process of making a nice long post about how the guild won 7 tws last week and that was more relevent to this than arena score when u posted this lmao
    thats the problem tifa... over there arena score means the best of the best because they have the population to support arena properly we however do not and are forced to drop score to continue queing and a large amount of our bests are not in the top for score because of lowbies or score dropping or a combo of the 2

    Not sure if this could be a temporary solution but.. any way for the groups that have been dropping their scores on purpose to stop doing that temporarily until the event is over and try to work their way up? Or if the current score is high enough to be in the top 30.. to not arena?

    I think there may be some problems with what I just wrote.. forgive my tired brain. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, the problem with that is we only have one week...

    And if it was only 3 people, sure, that wouldn't be much of a problem. But when we're talking 30 people... it's not so easy. :(

    I should say, it's not so "fast" as 1 week even if it's easy.
  • Rhugiga - Storm Legion
    Rhugiga - Storm Legion Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did it occur to anyone that since the level requirement was 75, that the competition characters might be 75 as well?

    And like I said in my previous post, it doesn't really matter if you have 2 squads or three squads when it comes down to the PvP in rift where you fight against players who has half the gear, gems, and mastery that you do. I am not impressed by the large guilds that can defend multiples of territories with few parties who can kill targets in 2 or three skill casts. Its the smaller and medium sized guilds who fare well in rift with 2 parties every week because their guild doesn't have many players. Those are the players who know how to utilize their player as well as they can for whatever circumstances that are thrown their way.

    The people who fare well in arena in the higher levels have very specified gear and gems to fit a specific build and playing style. Players go with specific stat builds like eva. But would those players really be the best choice when going into a competition where they wont have those options? All of the equipment is going to be different than that they are used to. For all we know the players might not even be able to pick their own talents. Think about it, what good is a 2600 score Eva build dark vamp if they are forced to play a healing build blood vamp?
    <"Its not a success unless someone fails">
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oooopppssss
    oooopppssss Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This my last suggestion

    hmmm how about GM's will make a application form and all that applied named base on their server.

    and make them try out the customize player who ever pass the try out get at spot for represnting their server

    that sounds hard to do but its a better solutions sinces not all of us can swipe their creditcard to have level 3 wings op mastery and op rune's