reduce cooldown of marksman skills

Isock - Eyrda
Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestion Box
reduce them by a bit, its kind of hard play as one, and having your skills in cooldown(assuming you arent burst) its really annoying, like i whit my full set of skills can bet a prot or war, but whitout one (weaking cloud,spare amo,exo bullet or pulse shot) i dont do the same and usually end up beaten/dead .-.
Post edited by Isock - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Two second off of ten second skill cool downs and one second off of six second cool downs. Maybe even increase our base attack by 5% while they are at it or is that too much to ask?
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's not asking enough. Reducing cooldowns 20% still won't fix the soul bullet system. You still need to spend MINUTES getting enough soul bullets to use several cooldowns at once, and unlike EVERY OTHER CLASS, we don't get our cooldowns back when going into arena, because we get no soul bullets for free upon entering. Everyone gets all their cooldowns refreshed, but marksmen can't use most of theirs without soul bullets. That should have been addressed.
  • fthawe
    fthawe Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well bards don't start with all chords with arena start, which like soul bullets adds buffs and additionals to skills. Many marksmen don't use the ability of LONGEST range. While you'\re on cooldown, get orbs or run. Easy.
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    fthawe wrote: »
    Well bards don't start with all chords with arena start, which like soul bullets adds buffs and additionals to skills. Many marksmen don't use the ability of LONGEST range. While you'\re on cooldown, get orbs or run. Easy.

You shouldn't compare bards to marksman. Bard's system are so much easier to use than marksman. Bards can keep their buffs up for a most of a instance while marksman's soul bullet system last for two mobs. Bards can produce unlimited chords. Bards can produce a note on most of their skills, while marksman can produce soul bullets on a few of their skills. Even a soul marksman who are suppose to be the fastest to produce soul bullets takes at least three minutes to refill all 20 soul bullets. Yes we have the longest range, but our attack damage is pretty average. We aren't the only ones who can attack at 22m you know... Glacial priest can attack at 22m and past a certain level can even go up to 26m I believe. Glacial priest have much better effects than marksman do. It wouldn't kill them or anyone to at least lower some cool downs a tab bit to help us do more damage. Even my divine priest has a endless attack cycle, while my marksman's cycle ends after 7-8 attacks. It wouldn't hurt them to listen to us for once. Marksman have been getting nerfed much more than the other classes since beta.
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    yea, at least give us better cooldowns, i know developers pretty much hate marksman, but i only want some reduction of cooldown, it will give us a better chance do to better
    Even a soul marksman who are suppose to be the fastest to produce soul bullets takes at least three minutes to refill all 20 soul bullets.
    yea, being precision or burst takes longer, but i dont mind that if at least our skills gets better cooldowns, is lame that pulse shot takes so long to be back, and its our only way to keep range
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yea, at least give us better cooldowns, i know developers pretty much hate marksman, but i only want some reduction of cooldown, it will give us a better chance do to better
    yea, being precision or burst takes longer, but i dont mind that if at least our skills gets better cooldowns, is lame that pulse shot takes so long to be back, and its our only way to keep range
    Cooldown is long?

Mages can only use Ice Arrow to ensnare once every 10 sec on a player, and it only ensnares for 3 seconds while you have double that duration in Crack Shot. I know it's still worse but OFC you ignore the +90 accuracy. I mean after all that's one of the reasons mages are so gimped in many situations "except those they are made for" because they get absolutely no acc boosts (except a pathetic +15 acc only on Ice Arrow, if you are ice).

Oh yeah, we get a 45s cooldown AoE ensnare, that goes after 2 hits on the target. And +0 accuracy on it.

I used to agree MMs were far worse than mages until they buffed the MM shield and they still complain, while mages have been on nerfing ever since lv70 cap patch. Now MMs have even a better SHIELD than mages without depleting their mana, so no I have no sympathy for MMs anymore.

They are far better support than mages -- especially because of their eva debuffs and acc buffs so they can at least hit eva. No one wants a mage for support -- mass MP buff for everyone? Good joke.
  • herpd2derpd
    herpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cooldown is long?

Mages can only use Ice Arrow to ensnare once every 10 sec on a player, and it only ensnares for 3 seconds while you have double that duration in Crack Shot. I know it's still worse but OFC you ignore the +90 accuracy. I mean after all that's one of the reasons mages are so gimped in many situations "except those they are made for" because they get absolutely no acc boosts (except a pathetic +15 acc only on Ice Arrow, if you are ice).

Oh yeah, we get a 45s cooldown AoE ensnare, that goes after 2 hits on the target. And +0 accuracy on it.

I used to agree MMs were far worse than mages until they buffed the MM shield and they still complain, while mages have been on nerfing ever since lv70 cap patch. Now MMs have even a better SHIELD than mages without depleting their mana, so no I have no sympathy for MMs anymore.

They are far better support than mages -- especially because of their eva debuffs and acc buffs so they can at least hit eva. No one wants a mage for support -- mass MP buff for everyone? Good joke.
    err isn't pulse shot a 6 sec ensnare every 45 secs? Plus it's a 2-3 sec cast skill. IDK ice arrow still sounds better to me. The +90acc is kinda moot for MM - I mean my former arena partner who quit the game was on full arena purples except for feet hands and weapon which were precise stout was running approx 600-620 acc self buffed - I remeber him telling me that seeing as he has to use hunter's mark anyway to get the additional slow effect it kinda felt pointless to have the +90 acc. Note: this was before the 75 arena/ToK gear sets came out

Though IMO the thing that really screws MM over in pvp is Hunter's mark. No hunter's mark = no stun/silence/slow or LOL disarm depending on skill. On its own it's not too bad (1 sec cast) but the problem is the rest of the skills are like 2-3 sec casts lol. So you factor in cast times plus the time a human takes to input the skills and they're screwed. If they had quick cast times I could understand needing Hunter's Mark+(insert skill here), but to give them hefty cast times + needing another skill for a chance to CC is kinda messed up.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, but think of it like this. A MM does not need to spec for accuracy then. He can go full arena gear with nothing about accuracy, or go full Crit Damage gear with no accuracy, and still hit.

In this scenario, the MM would have way more crit damage / survivability than a mage. Or simply, if a mage goes similar path, then a MM would have way more accuracy. Simple as that.

Also I kind of agree about Hunter's Mark, but for a 1 sec cast it's a stupidly OP debuff though.

Also, yes @ Pulse Shot... and Ice Arrow is 3sec ensnare. 6sec = twice as 3sec, which is what I said o.o
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    Also, yes @ Pulse Shot... and Ice Arrow is 3sec ensnare. 6sec = twice as 3sec, which is what I said o.o
    ensnare every 45 sec, try to keep range like that, the other thing is soul snipe but is only 2 sec and 50% chance}

oo you mean, our shield that only works for 75% damage, last 10 sec and takes 45 sec to recharge? unless you are soul, it only helps a bit, plus mage have that thing that gets them on ice and inmune to damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • herpd2derpd
    herpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, but think of it like this. A MM does not need to spec for accuracy then. He can go full arena gear with nothing about accuracy, or go full Crit Damage gear with no accuracy, and still hit.

In this scenario, the MM would have way more crit damage / survivability than a mage. Or simply, if a mage goes similar path, then a MM would have way more accuracy. Simple as that.

Also I kind of agree about Hunter's Mark, but for a 1 sec cast it's a stupidly OP debuff though.

Fair enough I still think mages have it better because they have more reliable cc and anti cc. Granted every other class that's not a mm needs to work harder for acc but I don't think it's such an advantage to negate the MM shortcomings. But my point with pulse shot is 6 secs ensnare every 45 secs with a 3 sec cast vs 3 secs ensanre every 10 secs with a 1 sec cast. Once someone racials/badges out of the MM ensare that's it - no way to maintain distance for another 45 secs. They're up **** creek with out a paddle. For 45 secs they gotta/run/hide/tank the damage or try and kill in that time frame on top of getting a minimum 2 metres away before they can cast that skill as it it has a minimum cast range. IMO The mage ensare while it's only 3 secs every 10 secs or so is far easier to get off, if they badge/racial you're looking at surving 10secs to ensnare and kite vs 45 secs. It's that extra 35 secs difference in the ability to have some way to recover situations that is crucial. That's a long time to have to stand toe to toe as a squishy with a sin/war/prot. We've all been in matches that have been over in 30 secs lol.

Note: My main is a war I don't play mage or mm competitively but I have played them but it's far easier to kite as mage I felt in both pvp and solo pve questing. MM have a lot of knockback but it's not available in pvp and it's pretty unimpressive in pve

As for the mark being OP yeah it can be but it's only yeally the precision MM mark that's really nasty in terms of incoming damage and resist reduction. The 2 more common trees are nowhere near as irritating
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    True that you can't really keep range with it, but neither can you as a mage most times. Most class have stuff like assault or deadly chaser anyways making it completely impossible to kite, unless you use your speed buff and they don't.

Also, the ice mage immune thing in shield lasts 3 secs, and then the shield lasts for whole duration, which is when you can easily drain a mage of mana, making him useless. Priests can't heal mana as fast as hp by FAR. Mana shield is a huge handicap.

The MM shield is not super godly, but it's way way way better. I don't even use mana shield because it's so crippling, except for Force of Protection when I have redhand, and even then I'll get drained out of mana in 3-4 seconds. But the 1-shot that comes from it is worth it, wins the round or fight.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ensnare every 45 sec, try to keep range like that, the other thing is soul snipe but is only 2 sec and 50% chance}

oo you mean, our shield that only works for 75% damage, last 10 sec and takes 45 sec to recharge? unless you are soul, it only helps a bit, plus mage have that thing that gets them on ice and inmune to damage

just stop Isock... its like arguing with a wall... except the wall whines a lot about being a wall...
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited September 2012
    just stop Isock... its like arguing with a wall... except the wall whines a lot about being a wall...

o god this got me a smile xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]