guild: last online

me0
me0 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestion Box
This is a small suggestion. Just add a "last online" option when viewing the members of your guild. This way the leaders can see who is actually active and get rid of people who don't play anymore for active players.
Post edited by me0 on

Comments

  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Contribution/Merit, is good enough in my opinion, if their C/M never changes they aren't really active even if they are on, imo.
    FW practically promotes being on 24/7 anyways thanks to botting and such so "last online" would be useless.

    Just my 2 cents.
  • me0
    me0 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Contribution/Merit, is good enough in my opinion, if their C/M never changes they aren't really active even if they are on, imo.
    FW practically promotes being on 24/7 anyways thanks to botting and such so "last online" would be useless.

    Just my 2 cents.

    I'm not talking about who contributes to the guild or not (although many others will maybe even me in the future.) I think that most of us would like to know who's actually still playing without trying to keep a record of the players ourselves.

    You know what i mean? get people that are actually playing the game still and not having a guild full of quitters.
  • killsnitch
    killsnitch Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    He knows what you meant, and chose to ignore it. Last online, and other activity trackers would be very helpful. Guild leaders having to keep spreadsheets to track every character's weekly contribution change should be a red flag. Why, you ask? Any time players feel the need to use a 3rd party program for the game (yes, even a spreadsheet), the developers should be asking why and addressing it.


    p.s. ... No, the calculator doesn't count. They can't make the game THAT dumb...
  • me0
    me0 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    killsnitch wrote: »
    He knows what you meant, and chose to ignore it. Last online, and other activity trackers would be very helpful. Guild leaders having to keep spreadsheets to track every character's weekly contribution change should be a red flag. Why, you ask? Any time players feel the need to use a 3rd party program for the game (yes, even a spreadsheet), the developers should be asking why and addressing it.


    p.s. ... No, the calculator doesn't count. They can't make the game THAT dumb...

    Why would people use a spreadsheet? you should just do prtscn, it works pretty much just as well as a spread sheet would but much less work. I still think that a last online would be more helpful though.
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    me0 wrote: »
    I'm not talking about who contributes to the guild or not (although many others will maybe even me in the future.) I think that most of us would like to know who's actually still playing without trying to keep a record of the players ourselves.

    You know what i mean? get people that are actually playing the game still and not having a guild full of quitters.
    You must have a different definition of active than I do. Being online is not active in my book, which is all "last online" tells you.

    If I was a Guild leader, I wouldn't care when they were last on to check their mail, afk'ed in training grounds, or botted dragon orders. I'd want to know, are they helping the guild grow by doing guild quests. that's my definition of active. Watching contribution, merit, and donation (while not 100%) does a better job of showing activity than "last online".
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In addition to: Last Online, how about: last contributed as well?

    So you know if they are both active on the game and for the guild.
  • me0
    me0 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In addition to: Last Online, how about: last contributed as well?

    So you know if they are both active on the game and for the guild.

    This might be a little more difficult because I don't think GTR's add contribution, however, I welcome anything to help a guild manage.
  • Elleyisnam - Eyrda
    Elleyisnam - Eyrda Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Our guild simply uses the member as inactive players list.
    Honorary members are regular players online most days.

    We simply tell our guild leader if we need to be switched to active/inactive
    irl stuff comes first, so its no biggy, but our base is already maxed out so I guess this wouldnt work, for newbie bases
    Anyway head into conference room and speak to directly to our corps/ guild leaders and tell them why we need to take a break, they normal just drops us from the guild then re invite us whe n wecan be available, unless we have a high amount of guild contribution and gold then they just put you on inactive so you dont lose it.
  • MoonlitSno - Eyrda
    MoonlitSno - Eyrda Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Contribution/Merit, is good enough in my opinion, if their C/M never changes they aren't really active even if they are on, imo.
    FW practically promotes being on 24/7 anyways thanks to botting and such so "last online" would be useless.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Contribution/Merit does not show activity. It only shows that someone very well could be dropping glory coins to jessica. In which does NOT help the guild. It doesnt contribute zeal. So far the only way I have seen that one can really check activity is the persons guild reserve. But even then ppl can donate small amounts thus still getting away with not doing guild affairs/gbq's. again. not really actively helping the guild. I agree that there should be more options for guild officers to monitor members activeness.
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Contribution/Merit does not show activity. It only shows that someone very well could be dropping glory coins to jessica. In which does NOT help the guild. It doesnt contribute zeal. So far the only way I have seen that one can really check activity is the persons guild reserve. But even then ppl can donate small amounts thus still getting away with not doing guild affairs/gbq's. again. not really actively helping the guild. I agree that there should be more options for guild officers to monitor members activeness.

    In general I agree with what your saying, and I do think that there needs to be something Implmented that states roughly how long it has been since X player has logged on. Being an american College student and a leader is alot of work So I don't have enough time to go on every hour of everyday to see if I have people playing. Also I have players who play when my core groups go to sleep (i.e) The thirdshifters.

    But I will step aside to comment on that Donating isn't really actively helping the guilld...

    The way we see it is that if A player can consistently donate x funds then It is helping the guild because it means they are active enough to bring in funds, and Granted It isn't easy to keep track of everyone doing everything every day. But it also gives a sight of activity.

    On a final glimpse of request, I would like to see the New GBQ added into Guild reserve on the rankings aswell as Have the Guild Resource Commissioner allocate the money into the Reserve and not into the funds, as people found out if you speak to the Commis. Once your funds are maxed then you are simply burning resources.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

    If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091
  • tremsinar
    tremsinar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Contribution/Merit is all very nice as tracking, and screenshots, sure, they'll tell me where it's at on a weekly/monthly/whatever basis, but my guild's only requirement is to contribute socially. Basically, if I know a member is alive, they're protected from kicks...so long as they are respectful to guildies and do not represent us badly. So ALL that I need to know is if someone has been online. I'd love to not have to play the game in windows in order to track member activity, using my manually created spreadsheet with 'last seen' column, because FW doesn't track it and there is no way to just export the data...

    But I lead another guild that has all it needs, really, base is near maxed, I have a very motivated and social player base, many of our players only remain active in FW because of the social relationships created in our guild. Maybe there's call for a 'last guild quest completed' date column there too - perhaps tracking when members last received guild base or basic guild quest envelopes.

    ***Edit***

    Seconding Javert, I'd like guild base quest funds included in my players' reserve record because...I have so many dedicated players who complete ALL their envelopes EVERY day...but don't do GTRs because let's face it, though laughably simple, they're boring and frustrating at times when the numbers just aren't right. Being able to divert funds generated into reserve instead of funds is an idea I"d very much like to see implemented because I'm having to carefully NOT transfer reserve into funds in order to maximise benefit from the guild's hard work. But our base is running at a profit and we're still in danger of wasting effort.
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Contribution/Merit does not show activity. It only shows that someone very well could be dropping glory coins to jessica. In which does NOT help the guild.
    Obtaining a Guild Base

    Bidding will only take place on Mondays when the server has reached the World Era (100%). Guild leaders must talk to Lawrence in Freedom Harbor (Magic Fountain area) to participate in the bidding process. In order to bid, the guild must be level 3 with minimum of 6,000 contribution points

    Contribution > logging in.

    No where did i say that contribution alone is the best thing for a guild, but it's better than someone logging on and, presumably, not do anything. That's the difference between a "last online" system and simply watching everyone's contribution/merit. With a last online system, someone can log on, do nothing, and you'd assume he's "active" simply because he was on. Watching someone's merit/contribution, any change AT ALL means they were on (so according to yours and op's definition of "active" they were "active"). Beyond that you can guess what they did, did their merit/contribute change but donation didn't? Then yes, they used a coin.

    My whole point, was that "last online" is a terrible way to gauge activity. If they implement it, fine. I wouldn't use it, but fine.

    To me a better system would be to indicators next to the contribution, merit, and donation values (even if it's only for guild leaders and officers), just a simple + or - to show it changed since the previous day.
  • Javert - Storm Legion
    Javert - Storm Legion Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Contribution > logging in.

    No where did i say that contribution alone is the best thing for a guild, but it's better than someone logging on and, presumably, not do anything. That's the difference between a "last online" system and simply watching everyone's contribution/merit. With a last online system, someone can log on, do nothing, and you'd assume he's "active" simply because he was on. Watching someone's merit/contribution, any change AT ALL means they were on (so according to yours and op's definition of "active" they were "active"). Beyond that you can guess what they did, did their merit/contribute change but donation didn't? Then yes, they used a coin.

    My whole point, was that "last online" is a terrible way to gauge activity. If they implement it, fine. I wouldn't use it, but fine.

    To me a better system would be to indicators next to the contribution, merit, and donation values (even if it's only for guild leaders and officers), just a simple + or - to show it changed since the previous day.

    I agree to some small extent, because I think the last online would be a great addition to the game. I run a pretty large faction and at that I don't ask that people do quests every day because it is a game not a job. But to see if people are at-least coming on is something which is better utilized in larger guilds over your idea of stock exchange cont readings.
    Proud leader of Bushido Since Closed beta Phase 3. The longest Leadership on Storm Server.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Javert - 80 Protector - Diamond
    Gavrouche - 80 Marksman - Burst
    Vahlian - 80 Warrior - Elemental

    If You experience Loadscreen Crashes Follow the Steps to Try to fix it! -->
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=429091