forsaken world you fail at translations

onthelow
onthelow Posts: 130 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
so ya i officially have 70 rune energy in the dyos elemental tree and your translation fails. i am not immune to stuns. how about getting the RIGHT translations up. another thing, i had my gf who CAN read chinese and speaks it fluently check what it REALLY should be. the 70 rune energy for dyos elemental warrior is actually while in frenzy stance when u get the vaiant sortie buff it makes u immune to stun, silence and sleep. there are no different rune energy lvls for the 3. did you guys change something from the cn version or is it just yet ANOTHER bug?
Post edited by onthelow on

Comments

• LoliconBait - Storm Legion
    LoliconBait - Storm Legion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Might take a few months if they even bother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    onthelow wrote: »
    so ya i officially have 70 rune energy in the dyos elemental tree and your translation fails. i am not immune to stuns. how about getting the RIGHT translations up. another thing, i had my gf who CAN read chinese and speaks it fluently check what it REALLY should be. the 70 rune energy for dyos elemental warrior is actually while in frenzy stance when u get the vaiant sortie buff it makes u immune to stun, silence and sleep. there are no different rune energy lvls for the 3. did you guys change something from the cn version or is it just yet ANOTHER bug?
    That's how I expected it to be. Did you SERIOUSLY think you're gonna be immune to stun permanently? Not to mention it saying "using assault while in frenzy stance will make you immune to silence" sounds stupid, if you don't think of it granting immunity during valiant sortie (after assault)

Yes it's a **** translation and wrong, but also you're naive to think it does that

HINT: all high level rune energy bonuses kinda suck, for all classes. If something seems too OP, it's too good to be true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wintdkyo
    wintdkyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes it's a **** translation and wrong, but...
    You can stop right there. :)Don't change the subject, cause **** translation is **** translation, and it's the developer's fault right here. Want to discuss your second point? Make a new thread:p
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    I was giving tips to people who get too excited of some high level rune bonus thing, which is too good to be true. For example I also had ppl thinking the fire mage one is 10 second ensnare at 90 energy, but all those "additional fervor" points only count after you get the skill which is at 70 energy, so it's actually only 3 second ensnare... etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Your hand speaks fluent Chinese, knows it and can translate for you?
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the problem is in fact NOT the cr4ppy translation ,,,

But the fact it has to be translated at all ,,,

The fact it is done on a cr4ppy game engine

The FACT that it was Prog'd in China NOT in the USA !!

But I guess when the average yearly wage for a game Prog in China is less then the Monthly salery for the Micky D's Fry Guy we know why most games are Prog'd in China ..

a lesser know fact ,,, try this and KNOW why Chineese to Engrish is so fail

http://www.tripntale.com/trip/411/china-funny-chinese-signs-translated-to-english#!p-21487
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
    edited August 2012
    6 months maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its the Angelica engine. Its better than that crappy engine that world of warcraft is running on or whatever **** game you are thinking of.

If you want to play a substandard game that badly. Go ahead.
  • onthelow
    edited August 2012
    That's how I expected it to be. Did you SERIOUSLY think you're gonna be immune to stun permanently? Not to mention it saying "using assault while in frenzy stance will make you immune to silence" sounds stupid, if you don't think of it granting immunity during valiant sortie (after assault)

Yes it's a **** translation and wrong, but also you're naive to think it does that

HINT: all high level rune energy bonuses kinda suck, for all classes. If something seems too OP, it's too good to be true.

like i said i had my gf translate it so i know what it is and i was letting fw know they suck and the rest of the community know exactly what to expect. and no not all things are too good to be true, the blood war one is actually right for dyos. i understand youre a laptop desperado and wanna act tough and attempt to talk down to ppl on the internet but i could not say they were wrong about something till i had proof;) gg now stfu kiddo the grown ups are talking
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i noticed that they fix the vampire mistranslation. It now says it will end after yo attack 8 times instead of being struck 8 times.
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    that is the reason why i always refers to the chinese counterpart for such information.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    like i said i had my gf translate it so i know what it is and i was letting fw know they suck and the rest of the community know exactly what to expect. and no not all things are too good to be true, the blood war one is actually right for dyos. i understand youre a laptop desperado and wanna act tough and attempt to talk down to ppl on the internet but i could not say they were wrong about something till i had proof;) gg now stfu kiddo the grown ups are talking
    Yeah sure, I bet it was mostly to brag about you getting 70 energy, because the "proof" was already there from private servers (and the talk spread all over)

And idk what you mean by blood war one it doesn't even seem impressive.

Now take your brags somewhere ppl care kid especially when it's a fail one like your sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onthelow
    edited August 2012
    Your hand speaks fluent Chinese, knows it and can translate for you?

masterbation on the mind much? sad when thats the first thing u think about when u see the word girlfriend
  • bucketlolis
    bucketlolis Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    masterbation on the mind much? sad when thats the first thing u think about when u see the word girlfriend

I'm sorry, my right hand had to translate what you said for me as I cannot understand poobrain chatter.

Anyway. Yes. Masturbation is the first thing that comes into my mind. I am sorry I have a very sexual mind and do not believe that someone of your intelligence would get a girlfriend in real life.

My apologies.
    [SIGPIC]http://i42.tinypic.com/ilhb7p.png[/SIGPIC]
    Fatexu: Level 80 Human Assassin

The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
  • CherrySparkle - Storm Legion
    CherrySparkle - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow good to know.

Now my warrior can just stay at 40 rune energy :D
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow good to know.

Now my warrior can just stay at 40 rune energy :D

Naw,, there are other skillz and stuff you can go for
    just cause one is messed up dont mean they all are :rolleyes:
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • Etihad - Storm Legion
    Etihad - Storm Legion Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Because you know, having your highest possible damage skill not drain 20% of your hp = worthless right?...... Can I get an amen!
  • DeLetar - Storm Legion
    DeLetar - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the original point was that the translation was misleading. No one would get worked up over ___ if the translations were spot on to begin with. Some people go a certain path because of what we can read, regardless of whether it sounds too good to be true or not.

That being said, PWE pretty much just throws the game out there for us. I believe it's the developers in China that translate it as well. Games from China always have various changes made when shipped outside the country that make the original more appealing (IE: cFW does not have orb packs- you can buy all those pets and mounts straight out of the cash shop).

IJS.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    (IE: cFW does not have orb packs- you can buy all those pets and mounts straight out of the cash shop).
    Proof?

I don't think anyone in this thread realizes how INSANE it is to get 70, much less 80+, rune energy in one color. I can't blame the OP for misinformation, at the very least, even if he posted like a fail. Looks to me like a cheap way to make people spend TONS on pathetic rune system because of abilities that sound so good to be true. Even though they suck and no one would get them.

Maybe if you'd spend 50D on runes you'd know what I mean. If something says one thing and you find out it's different after spending so much.

Although it's really his fault for ignoring the truth. This has been around on Eyrda at least for months. People usually know warriors don't become immune to stun.
  • Trogotha - Storm Legion
    Trogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Proof?

I don't think anyone in this thread realizes how INSANE it is to get 70, much less 80+, rune energy in one color. I can't blame the OP for misinformation, at the very least, even if he posted like a fail. Looks to me like a cheap way to make people spend TONS on pathetic rune system because of abilities that sound so good to be true. Even though they suck and no one would get them.

Maybe if you'd spend 50D on runes you'd know what I mean. If something says one thing and you find out it's different after spending so much.

Although it's really his fault for ignoring the truth. This has been around on Eyrda at least for months. People usually know warriors don't become immune to stun.

Bors, ya know I luv ya and say the following in jest:

Longest way to say Pics or GTFO I've ever seen. :p
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • DeLetar - Storm Legion
    DeLetar - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Proof?

Google all that Nightfall stuff before we had gotten it- your proof is there and that was something I had noticed out of all the screenshots that were posted on this forum.

I found it once and my reconnaissance skills are level 1 at max. Me finding it again are the chances of slim to none. :rolleyes: Considering the post *I think* that showed the cash shop was either talking about flying mounts or the upcoming fashion. One of those screenshots had pets you could buy as well as the mounts, all straight from the shop.

Either or, that's off topic (my bad). Yeah, if not getting something I had read didn't happen, I would be mad. Closest thing I've invested in would be Cold Blooded in the vampire talent tree not making me immune to slow while in vampire form. At least that's easy to remedy with a Talent Compass (at my expense, of course).
  • tiberium30
    tiberium30 Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Proof?

If i'm right it's illegal to gamble in china (so no orbs) or something like that
  • XDeadly - Eyrda
    XDeadly - Eyrda Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited August 2012

why do u care about CC in a pve server?

funny-captions-what-is-this-i-dont-even.jpg

also that 68k crit is how much priests crit in eyrda
    You may not upload animated images.

da fuq?
  • onthelow
    edited August 2012
    i care about cc on a pve server cuz of 12v12, 3v3 and 6v6. i love pvp and was talked into this server due to the fact i had about 30 friends coming to this one and i was under the impression it would have been set up like cabals servers are somehow with a flagging system.
    i come from a heavily pvp based game like i said, cabal so i need my fix. yes i wish i rolled a toon on a pvp server but too late now

I do not normally troll these forums as u can see by my post count and most of those were when the game was just starting so i wasnt aware of what goes on with the other servers.
    i am not mad cuz the tree has been translated and posted on our guild site for wars since feb 28th and was not aware there was proof already. I did however hope for the best possible outcome that the translation may be right or my gf may be wrong haha.

either way it is still extremely useful when used right so im all good with it ;)
    edited August 2012
    Maybe some day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    Ok not trying to troll or mock I actually have a serious question, the stun part is clear but, what did you think the "assault while frenzy stance on makes you immune to silence" means? Cuz you know it kinda sounds stupid you have to assault and you become permanently immune to silence o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AmateurPrnStar - Storm Legion
    AmateurPrnStar - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Something like this will usually takes months to correct. I remember a quest bug that couldnt be completed. The quest items took up inventory space up until the nightfall patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]