Economy

krogon
krogon Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Suggestion Box
I don't like the two different types of economy. The soul coin thing makes it extremely difficult to buy things that a person needs through the NPCs. I hope you fix this once the open beta is over.
Post edited by krogon on

Comments

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    not sure how it's hard to use the soul coins to buy things from the NPC's since that's what it's there for [clearly states that in the bag description]....and have fun waiting for the end of Open Beta :D
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Double currency keeps economy in really good condition. There's no inflation, gold farmers, etc.
  • dannyjoseph
    dannyjoseph Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have to disagree with this I'm afraid.

I found it a little strange to begin with, but I'm sure FW has it's reasons, and like the post above me says, it helps the economy :)
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    a single currency pretty much ruins the economy. (look at rs for example. over 10 years old and the economy there is horrible)
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    a single currency pretty much ruins the economy. (look at rs for example. over 10 years old and the economy there is horrible)

The problem there is bot farming.

For here, though, if you think multiple currencies are good, then simply give each region their own currency. Kalaires Plain, Sea of Oblivion, Lunagrant Woodland, etc. -- each their own. Then add currency exchanges; some npc's who will exchange currencies.

I think that would be too complicated.

This economy is interesting. The soul coin is "created" based on quests, and there is not much for higher level players to spend it on. But gold coin comes ultimately only from the cash shop (input).
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The problem there is bot farming.

For here, though, if you think multiple currencies are good, then simply give each region their own currency. Kalaires Plain, Sea of Oblivion, Lunagrant Woodland, etc. -- each their own. Then add currency exchanges; some npc's who will exchange currencies.

I think that would be too complicated.

This economy is interesting. The soul coin is "created" based on quests, and there is not much for higher level players to spend it on. But gold coin comes ultimately only from the cash shop (input).

actually you get gold from NC exchanging tokens for gold. why make a different currency for each region? i mean their all under the same rule sort of (outside of the starter areas of course) but still having to have coins from SoO to buy the same pots they have that are the exact same that i could get at freedom harbor and costs the same amount and not have to bother with exchanging one currency for the other.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Soul coin is created (mainly) from quests, it is destroyed when buying from npc's. But as there is so little to spend it on once you get past your 30's it accumulates.

Gold coin is created (only) from the cash shop (by this term, I include zen purchase) -- either outright, or by purchase of Merc. Stats that can be traded up for gold (and they are then destroyed). Gold coin circulates between players and (I think) there are only 3 sinks that destroy it:
    (1) Supporting guild bases
    (2) Cash shop items
    (3) Mounts from faction npc's.

The first item is the most problematic. Once guild bases are created, they require burning gold to keep them operational. This gold is destroyed daily. If insufficient gold is purchased via zen then the amount of total gold in the game economy falls. As it falls, items (commodities) must become less expensive (because there will be less gold, people will hold onto it more, so items will have to fall in price before people will buy because they will have less gold to spend). Yet if prices do not fall, people will not spend. And the game economy will slow way down. The only solution will be to inject more gold into the economy via zen purchases.

So I suspect that the game controllers will "throttle" up or down the daily cost of guild bases to ensure the economy does not overheat or crash.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Soul coin is created (mainly) from quests, it is destroyed when buying from npc's. But as there is so little to spend it on once you get past your 30's it accumulates.

Gold coin is created (only) from the cash shop (by this term, I include zen purchase) -- either outright, or by purchase of Merc. Stats that can be traded up for gold (and they are then destroyed). Gold coin circulates between players and (I think) there are only 3 sinks that destroy it:
    (2) Cash shop items

The first item is the most problematic. Once guild bases are created, they require burning gold to keep them operational. This gold is destroyed daily. If insufficient gold is purchased via zen then the amount of total gold in the game economy falls. As it falls, items (commodities) must become less expensive (because there will be less gold, people will hold onto it more, so items will have to fall in price before people will buy because they will have less gold to spend). Yet if prices do not fall, people will not spend. And the game economy will slow way down. The only solution will be to inject more gold into the economy via zen purchases.

So I suspect that the game controllers will "throttle" up or down the daily cost of guild bases to ensure the economy does not overheat or crash.

Forgot the biggest sink of them all - mastery training.

Now, guild bases are not necessarily gold sinks. Base quests can generate huge amounts of gold applied directly to guild funds if enough people are doing them. A guild with many active people will probably gain gold from their base.

2 and 3 are of minimal importance, as rarely does anyone buy things from NPCs with gold (they are usually much cheaper in the AH, and with the leaf exchange system CS mounts are almost half the price of the rep ones)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unreal4e
    unreal4e Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Double currency keeps economy in really good condition. There's no inflation, gold farmers, etc.

lol not now. the economy is so unstable noone knows what to do.

example: atm gem boxes are 1.5G 25% less then they were for about 1 or 2 months.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    unreal4e wrote: »

example: atm gem boxes are 1.5G 25% less then they were for about 1 or 2 months.

OVER a FREAKING YEAR late... GTFO
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supernoobster
    supernoobster Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2012

(2) Cash shop items

Another sink hole is embedding gems like level 2 - 4 gems. Also re-iding gears for those who are aiming for things like eva or heal effects. The gems starting at level 2 take 50 silvers for both embedding and removing and for re-ids its 20 silvers.

unreal4e wrote: »

Prices for gem boxes three months ago was 2.8g on my server, now close to 1.6g D: hanks to those damn gemboxes sales messing with the economy
    Forgot the biggest sink of them all - mastery training.

Now, guild bases are not necessarily gold sinks. Base quests can generate huge amounts of gold applied directly to guild funds if enough people are doing them. A guild with many active people will probably gain gold from their base.

2 and 3 are of minimal importance, as rarely does anyone buy things from NPCs with gold (they are usually much cheaper in the AH, and with the leaf exchange system CS mounts are almost half the price of the rep ones)

Isn't there another sink hole, the tax fee in AH where a certain amount of gold is subtracted from your total of gold gained. I believe its around 1.2%. Or am I mistaken? if I'm not then even though it seems like a small amount, it really adds up fast with all the items that were sold during the day.