hows class balance

swiiftshadow
swiiftshadow Posts: 1
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
when this game was released the class blanace was HORRIBLE and i quite the game quite fast, how is it now?

are there any calsses that are seriously Over Powered or Under Powered?

what about the pay to win aspect with each class?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    marksman are the most under-powered, we got a better shield whit update, so maybe in future we may get more upgrades
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Other than MM being weak, I never really noticed a huge class imbalance.

Sins are very strong crit % chance skills + damage.. but so are other classes with mastery / crit damage...
  • Acier - Eyrda
    Acier - Eyrda Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    when this game was released the class blanace was HORRIBLE and i quite the game quite fast, how is it now?

are there any calsses that are seriously Over Powered or Under Powered?

what about the pay to win aspect with each class?

Its either pay to win or farm all day for any class to be top level.
  • herpd2derpd
    herpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    natsss wrote: »
    marksman under powered > yes and no > you just need a lot of resistance

burst marksman in huge PvP it's horrible no limit target AoE and ****ing good radius range and insane buff crit chance in nyos ( :D 41.40 % <3 )

soul marksman it's pretty good in 3v3 > great range / redhand with 2 shot and pretty nice combo damage and control if you have chance x.x and with 90 bleu color in Dyos or Nyos it would be insane

soul resolution ( shield ) > absorb twice damage
    so a MM full purple arena gear with invigorate 3 > 60 ~65 K HP
    the shield will absorb 75 % of incoming damage until you have take 200 % of your health so like 120 k ~ shield for 10 sec every 30 sec
    and with spare ammo ( 90 sec but with 90 dyos/nyos nature > reduce by 50 % so 45 sec)
    you can do it again ( cauz spare ammo reset soul resolution Cd )

a shield that can absorb 120 K hp for 10 sec every 30 sec and you can reset CD every 45 sec its pretty insane :O

Except you're not telling the whole story with mm.

1. Those talents take 90 rune power (Crit chance and 2x hp dmg absorbtion) - it's not something you get right off the bat. As it currently stands it is near impossible to get 90 rune energy. We're talking right now.
    2. The shield does not protect you from CC
    3. MM have range but no reliable CC, no effective way to maintain range.

TLDR: You put any class with similar gear/skilll against that MM and he's toast.

If it takes a LOT more effort to be relatively even in terms of talents/skill how can that be even considered balanced? As you said "YOU NEED A LOT OF RESISTANCE" You get a vamp/sin/mage/water bard/Priest for 1/2 the effort you'd own 99% of mm.
  • plusonecharisma
    plusonecharisma Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Purple arena gear?!

I have yet to see any MM on Lionheart above 75 with the new purple arena gear.

There are dozens of people per class that I see on a daily basis with the gear, this would indicate an imbalance to me still.

As I have said before, a $250 MM is only on par with a $50 any other class. And it scales even worse. A $500 MM probably cant beat a $80 any other class.
  • lenwe5824
    lenwe5824 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bad, there's no reason to NOT play an ice mage or dark/hybrid sins if you want to win in pvp, long as you have a priest with you
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As I have said before, a $250 MM is only on par with a $50 any other class. And it scales even worse. A $500 MM probably cant beat a $80 any other class.

lol, we arent that screwed either, a soul marksman whit similar refines/masteries can held on his own for a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • herpd2derpd
    herpd2derpd Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    natsss wrote: »
    on shylia > 2 MM 2 vampire 2 priest 1 sin 1war( 4/5) with purple arena gear 75

@herpd2derpd i dont know how many MM you have on your server and how good they are but MM have CC > stun with soul snipe ( 50 % ) and excorcising bullet ( silence for 7sec )
    just need a proc chance like prot

no effective way to maintain range. > in 3v3 you can shot trhough wall :x

and because MM is weak > nobody have fire resistance on my server :D:D

Silence and stun requires a second skill I believe. They don't process on their own. That's for a CHANCE to stun/silence. So again tell the whole story not just the sugar coated version. As a prot I don't need a second skill for a CHANCE to stun, Hell the more i get hit the more likely I am to stun

You can shoot through a wall and then what? You're not one shotting anyone unless you cs like a pro. You also forget vamps/bards/mages/priests(glacial in patricular) can do so too with more annoying side effects. Once we find you you're toast. Because you have long cast times and you're not perma slowing stunning us.

And no on my server everyone stacks fire resists-Inferno vamps and fire mages are quite common and far more dangerous than any mm.

Prots are the second worst class for pvp but its daylight betweesn prots and mm for pvp. Maybe because you're not on one of the more populated servers the flaws aren't as apparent but having toured Illyfue, Lionheart and Eydra the flaws have been exposed.
  • g92kamissss
    g92kamissss Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    finley somone asked how balanc abute classes in this game are

1 st is freeking vamps to oooppp they got evry thing exklty evry thing slince stun heal them self at attck skills imuu to slowww teleport to enemy and charmbest strike i just say omg wel vamp is most op class in this game and will alwys be.

2 end is mage when that damm transfron rune come that they can transfrom you non stop

3. sins is hard to play but if you play correkt you own evry thing

4 most underpowerd class is prist rabel prist most be joke or somthing to funnny how week rabel is compeare to onther class
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    Lushey - Eyrda Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Class balance is absolutely amazing, come play this wonderful piece of art which we call forsaken world
  • Faust - Eyrda
    Faust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "As I have said before, a $250 MM is only on par with a $50 any other class. And it scales even worse. A $500 MM probably cant beat a $80 any other class."

that quote is what bothers me the most about this game.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    "As I have said before, a $250 MM is only on par with a $50 any other class. And it scales even worse. A $500 MM probably cant beat a $80 any other class."

that quote is what bothers me the most about this game.

This is a very inacurrate quote from a broken vampire, do not listen to this fool who spreads lies.
  • Faust - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    This is a very inacurrate quote from a broken vampire, do not listen to this fool who spreads lies.

it actually is pretty accurate. insane, but accurate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    it actually is pretty accurate.

No it is not accurate.
  • Faust - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    No it is not accurate.

well neither is a flintlock musket.
    now what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    well neither is a flintlock musket.
    now what?

Now we make love in a box behind walmart and I leave you before you wake up because I'm not sure I can handle a committed relationship yet after breaking up with my ex-dinosaur boyfriend
  • Faust - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    Now we make love in a box behind walmart and I leave you before you wake up because I'm not sure I can handle a committed relationship yet after breaking up with my ex-dinosaur boyfriend

well, i'm godzilla.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    well, i'm godzilla.

Well I'm not japanese
  • plusonecharisma
    edited August 2012

This is my quote and I play a lv80 MM as main and have a lv78 dark vamp and other chars between 65- 75.

Perhaps you have no idea the amount of mastery and resistances it takes to put a MM on par with other classes. As someone who plays a class who has to use just about all of his skills to stand a chance in PVP, it is quite aggravating to come up against a lesser invested dark vamp and have them use 2 skills Charmed Strike and Dark Ripple to best me with a character who has 6/12 gear and mostly lv2 gems.

To head offer any counter argument crapola you might spew, I watch combat mode and their attacks say slightly improved for their atks and they are not wrath kills either. Dont bother telling me to up my resistances or learn to play. My lowest resistance now is lv35 which when combined with arena blue gear give me average resistances of 320.

There is no class balance when I have more in my resistances than others have in their mastery at my lvl and I am still so squishy. Kill faster you say? I do when I can survive the initial atks of teleporting wars, vamps and stealthed sins. With my 729mastery (self buffed) I can destroy teams fast if I can use skills, but chain stuns, silences and OP atks make this hard to even get a skill off. Plus as soon as I do this, its everyone on the MM out of fear and not the usual "race to kill the squishy MM 1st"

The only way to play MM at the highest lvls is to go full eva and have high resists, like Slothbullet and 1 or 2 of the other MMs. But even a EVA build for a MM pales in comparison to a sin or vamp EVA build. You wont see any MM enjoying the benefits of 630+ EVA that some sins hit with swift evasion or the glitter groupies get in vamp form.

Want to see how bad the class imbalance is? Have the FW devs offer a class respec cash shop item that allows us to switch to a comparable equiped other class and there will be some instantly dominating people who switched from MM. At that point the only MMs on the server will be the gold begging lollis in FH.

<end of rant>
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012

This is my quote and I play a lv80 MM as main and have a lv78 dark vamp and other chars between 65- 75.

Perhaps you have no idea the amount of mastery and resistances it takes to put a MM on par with other classes. As someone who plays a class who has to use just about all of his skills to stand a chance in PVP, it is quite aggravating to come up against a lesser invested dark vamp and have them use 2 skills Charmed Strike and Dark Ripple to best me with a character who has 6/12 gear and mostly lv2 gems.

To head offer any counter argument crapola you might spew, I watch combat mode and their attacks say slightly improved for their atks and they are not wrath kills either. Dont bother telling me to up my resistances or learn to play. My lowest resistance now is lv35 which when combined with arena blue gear give me average resistances of 320.

There is no class balance when I have more in my resistances than others have in their mastery at my lvl and I am still so squishy. Kill faster you say? I do when I can survive the initial atks of teleporting wars, vamps and stealthed sins. With my 729mastery (self buffed) I can destroy teams fast if I can use skills, but chain stuns, silences and OP atks make this hard to even get a skill off. Plus as soon as I do this, its everyone on the MM out of fear and not the usual "race to kill the squishy MM 1st"

The only way to play MM at the highest lvls is to go full eva and have high resists, like Slothbullet and 1 or 2 of the other MMs. But even a EVA build for a MM pales in comparison to a sin or vamp EVA build. You wont see any MM enjoying the benefits of 630+ EVA that some sins hit with swift evasion or the glitter groupies get in vamp form.

Want to see how bad the class imbalance is? Have the FW devs offer a class respec cash shop item that allows us to switch to a comparable equiped other class and there will be some instantly dominating people who switched from MM. At that point the only MMs on the server will be the gold begging lollis in FH.

<end of rant>

Pls..calm down midget. If you have a lv78 dark vamp then you have no reason to complain, you play a broken stat modifying class. Now dance, cause you have the best dance in the game, ty.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, cuz we all know everyone who plays MM is the best ever and it's only the class's fault for sucking.

I'm not saying MMs don't suck, but I'm sick of this mentality of undergeared ppl, or ppl with **** class, saying they'd be the best in opponents' shoes [opponent here is either CS'd or super geared "noob" according to this underappreciated "pro", or someone with much superior class]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeowHeals - Eyrda
    MeowHeals - Eyrda Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, cuz we all know everyone who plays MM is the best ever and it's only the class's fault for sucking.

I'm not saying MMs don't suck, but I'm sick of this mentality of undergeared ppl, or ppl with **** class, saying they'd be the best in opponents' shoes [opponent here is either CS'd or super geared "noob" according to this underappreciated "pro", or someone with much superior class]

Shy, everyone knows that if you suck at a class its not you that suck its the class that sucks, lol. Talking in general this is not towards you <<.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    HERES HOW THEY BALANCE... they dont end of story:rolleyes:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • plusonecharisma
    edited August 2012

Aishleen, you are a prick. I wasnt complaining about not being able to beat people with lv80+ mastery and lv50+ resistance - I expect to lose to them. It you cant see that a class imbalance that is not addressed quickly, will shorten the life of this game then your just mental. There has already been an exodus of players to other games and a good percentage more of people here have reduced or quit buying all together. No game which depends on microtransactions will ever survive if it cant entice and hold on to its player base. Believe as you might, but a 100 people making $1000 transactions will never replace 10000 people making $10 transactions.

I have quit spending money on this game until the class imbalance is addressed and many others have too. You can talk your **** and continue with your bravado but when the masses abstain from spending cash, you lose too.

You might not be concerned about this games longevity, but someone else has noticed and is trying like hell to find out a way to recover the mess. Notice a frequency change in the tempo of BOGOs and cash shop sales. They arent trying to aid new players in getting up to speed, they are cashing in on the players that remain.
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    Shy, everyone knows that if you suck at a class its not you that suck its the class that sucks, lol. Talking in general this is not towards you <<.

You're stupid
    Aishleen, you are a prick. I wasnt complaining about not being able to beat people with lv80+ mastery and lv50+ resistance - I expect to lose to them. It you cant see that a class imbalance that is not addressed quickly, will shorten the life of this game then your just mental. There has already been an exodus of players to other games and a good percentage more of people here have reduced or quit buying all together. No game which depends on microtransactions will ever survive if it cant entice and hold on to its player base. Believe as you might, but a 100 people making $1000 transactions will never replace 10000 people making $10 transactions.

I have quit spending money on this game until the class imbalance is addressed and many others have too. You can talk your **** and continue with your bravado but when the masses abstain from spending cash, you lose too.

You might not be concerned about this games longevity, but someone else has noticed and is trying like hell to find out a way to recover the mess. Notice a frequency change in the tempo of BOGOs and cash shop sales. They arent trying to aid new players in getting up to speed, they are cashing in on the players that remain.

You're stupid too. Cept for the last part. But any idiot realizes that~

Anyway. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    175.jpg
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Awesome calling me a prick and then going with complete bullcrap in your post that only puts words in my mouth. Next time try reading what you quote a couple times more to actually see what it means, and stop assuming what I mean and just take it as it is written.

I never said YOU complain of level 80+ mastery ppl, it was an EXAMPLE.

I never said MM isn't underpowered either, but I had to comment on you saying that every MM player is "pro" just because their class is poor, which I find moronic.

Stop putting words in my mouth and understand what you quote before replying.

My post was saying stuff in GENERAL as EXAMPLES not about YOU.

I said I dislike this mentality, of people who lose or are "underpowered", saying they're the best, and would own the opponent who just beat them, but it's ALL the gear's fault, or the class's fault, ALWAYS. It may be true in SOME cases, but it most definitely it's not true in most. Get it now? Nothing to do with you I'm just sick of that mentality of ppl who QQ after losing, and yes I admit MMs are underpowered of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    edited August 2012
    Awesome calling me a prick and then going with complete bullcrap in your post that only puts words in my mouth. Next time try reading what you quote a couple times more to actually see what it means, and stop assuming what I mean and just take it as it is written.

I never said YOU complain of level 80+ mastery ppl, it was an EXAMPLE.

I never said MM isn't underpowered either, but I had to comment on you saying that every MM player is "pro" just because their class is poor, which I find moronic.

Stop putting words in my mouth and understand what you quote before replying.

My post was saying stuff in GENERAL as EXAMPLES not about YOU.

I said I dislike this mentality, of people who lose or are "underpowered", saying they're the best, and would own the opponent who just beat them, but it's ALL the gear's fault, or the class's fault, ALWAYS. It may be true in SOME cases, but it most definitely it's not true in most. Get it now? Nothing to do with you I'm just sick of that mentality of ppl who QQ after losing, and yes I admit MMs are underpowered of course.

Aish pls, calm yourself, his brain is smaller then our fingers.
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just.. polls_ceiling_cat_0551_467351_poll_xlarge.jpeg