Problem

Krogyn - Nyos
Krogyn - Nyos Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Technical Support Zone
when i try to enter in the game the message "game.exe not found" appaired to me. i try to do the verify but in 5h it is at the 10% plus or less. who know how i can resolve my problem or how much time it take? tankyou for your help, sorry for my bad english and have a nice day.

For all the paradise's guild member i don't know if i can log in today, please allert who need me, about that. i hope i can resolve this problem fast :)
Post edited by Krogyn - Nyos on

Comments

• strcz
    strcz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thats you reinstalling the game o,O
  • menengroth
    menengroth Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    krogy there was a patch this morning, you running it from "Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\patcher.exe"?

Maybe try run it from "Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\update\game.exe" once.
  • Krogyn - Nyos
    edited July 2012
    menengroth wrote: »
    krogy there was a patch this morning, you running it from "Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\patcher.exe"?

Maybe try run it from "Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\update\game.exe" once.

well, yes i do it. like every time there is a new patch :S thats the problem. after i lunch him from the patcher.exe he start to send me a message whit "game.exe" not found and later "the game is corrupted" or other **** like that i don't remember well... so i start the verify hoping it not take too much time but it is at the 30-35% and i start it this morning at the 7:30 am. by the way there isn't the game.exe file i went to look that 4 min ago -.-. i want to know why all this happen to me! maybe i deserve it xD
  • Vekka - Lionheart
    Vekka - Lionheart Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sometimes during some of the updates your anti-virus will decide that FW is bad and remove the offending file (game.exe.) You might be able to find it in quarantine in your virus program. If not I would either 1. redownload the whole thing, or 2. have a friend dropbox or share the game.exe file someway. It's not very large so it would take a lot less time to do number 2.

This happened most notably during the chains of Kluer update. It seems to happen most commonly with norton and AVG. It does happen on other updates occasionally, and sometimes with different Anti-virus/malware programs.

Good Luck! (And don't forget to turn your virus protection off every time you patch) Sometimes making an exception won't work because the patch modifies the file, which the anti-virus can see as a big no no.
  • Krogyn - Nyos
    edited July 2012
    well, first of all. Thank you for your help guys, but nothing worked :S. After all the night and the day before it is at the 80-85% i wait for see if the problem will resolve itself.
    i will never do it again, never! XD
    (24h no-stop of verify) :DD