Account Sharing

2»

Comments

• Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    4. Account

You may be required to create an account (an "Account") to access our Games and certain features and functions or our Service. You must be 13 years of age or older to create an Account. If you are 13 or over, but are under the age of 18, we require that you review these Terms with your parents or guardian to ensure they read and agree to them. If you are the parent of guardian of a user of our website and you have questions about this website or these terms, please contact us at [email protected].
    By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parents or legal guardian have read and agreed to these Terms, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service. Only one person may use an Account.
    Notwithstanding the above, certain portions of our Website and some of our games may contain mature contents not suitable for anyone younger than 18 years of age. We will require that you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older to access such content. If you enter any portion of the Website which is intended for or is marked for mature audiences only, you are certifying that you are at least 18 years old or the applicable age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and have the legal right to access such content. We shall not be responsible in any way for your failure to accurately confirm your age per the terms hereunder.
    When creating an Account and a user identity ("User ID") you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information as requested in the required fields (the "Account Information") and (ii) promptly maintain and update such User ID and your Account Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
    You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID . PWE will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. If a User ID violates any part of these terms, we may immediately, temporarily, or permanently ban such a User ID, with or without notice.
    PWE is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold PWE and its affiliates harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.
    Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and PWE is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Service or our Games known to you. PWE provides you with choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.
    Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, PWE reserves the right to discontinue the Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason.

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

edit: :O Nyxa ninja'ed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hey I just grabbed the first line, you pointed the whole thing out s'all good :D
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How is this game meant to be 18+???
    I don't see any nudity, strong language or anything for 18+.
    This is also a free-to-play game, so if your logic is "kids wouldn't be able to afford items because they don't have a lot of real money" you are mistaken.

So, please tell us what makes you consider this game 18+.

Hm let's see. Take a look at the in-game fashions which show every part of a girls **** except their ****.

Also notice how you need PARENT approval to play this game, how many kids actually get parent approval to play a mmorpg? It's logical to assume that this game is intended for "adults" if we're speaking on rating levels. You think it's appropriate for 13 year olds to see half the fashions available in this game? Personally, I don't care, but according to the adult (18+) requirements, they do fit in the adult section.

"This is also a free-to-play game, so if your logic is "kids wouldn't be able to afford items because they don't have a lot of real money" you are mistaken."

^ Where did you even get that from? I mentioned nothing about that at all.
  • kyrulx
    kyrulx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While I understand account sharing being not allowed for liability reasons -- as in PWE doesn't want to deal with it if you end up having problems with your account because of account sharing -- I find it stupid that people have actually been banned for sharing accounts.

It's not like they're hacking, or abusing the game, or anything. The *only* reason I see this making any sense is to prevent account selling, but from what I've seen this is 99% not the case.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    itsphii wrote: »
    Hm let's see. Take a look at the in-game fashions which show every part of a girls **** except their ****.

Also notice how you need PARENT approval to play this game, how many kids actually get parent approval to play a mmorpg? It's logical to assume that this game is intended for "adults" if we're speaking on rating levels. You think it's appropriate for 13 year olds to see half the fashions available in this game? Personally, I don't care, but according to the adult (18+) requirements, they do fit in the adult section.

"This is also a free-to-play game, so if your logic is "kids wouldn't be able to afford items because they don't have a lot of real money" you are mistaken."

^ Where did you even get that from? I mentioned nothing about that at all.

sorry but your fashion excuse is kinda weak

any and all on-line mmo's state that you need a parents permission, even the kiddie ones ran by Disney, so that caim that this is meant to be 18+ falls flat too

IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AND YOU PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT TO YOUR CHILD'S REGISTRATION WITH THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF USE IN RESPECT OF THEIR USE OF THE SITE. right from a Disney based on-line game

see half of the fashions..... not quite sure where you lie, but I've seen people out on the streets wear a lot less than what the chars in the game wear and people of all ages see it

if this was a "true 18+" game, don't you think there would be much harder, detailed acount requirements that you would need to meet before you could even play the game

go do a search for 18+ online games and see what those requirements are before you try to make claim that this is supposed to be an adult based game
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
This discussion has been closed.