Most DPS

Comments

• im2gr84u
    im2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    41% base crit? good luck getting that on a warrior, something seems fishy, either he is bloodlust and had fury on, or he had pray or GT buff.

lol not really, 18% with 2 GS IV, 20% necklace, 24% fashion id's, 30% deadliness, 36% crafted gear with 2% and the rest ID's on purple gear, he was actually pretty smart getting all that stacked with lots of crit dmg and hp still, taking advantage of being elemental and his eva debuffs.

• Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's taking it to the extreme though, so much crafted gear bonus and stuff, not like other classes can't get either :P

Or crit dodge crafting bonus :D

EDIT: the priest with like 36% dodge doesn't even have fashion id's afaik.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • im2gr84u
    edited June 2012
    That's taking it to the extreme though, so much crafted gear bonus and stuff, not like other classes can't get either :P

Or crit dodge crafting bonus :D

EDIT: the priest with like 36% dodge doesn't even have fashion id's afaik.

35% is achieveable without all that hardcore csing. But ofc, Deadliness III needed >.>

As for Blood, easier in 6vs6, rush in with Bloodlust fury on Cyclone than pop DU up.

• mrjuu
    mrjuu Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Tell me something, how do you intend to take down a priest with 58k HP and 36% crit dodge, 200%+ crit defense, by just assaulting and using TS + LS? Even if he stays still.

There's no 13s cooldown. You hit him NORMAL till you smash his shield. Then when he's on lower HP, before he triggers Rapid Heal on his Heal, you interrupt it, and use TS again followed by LS. If you don't crit at least once, give up and try again after you smash his shield again.

You seriously have NO idea how tanky a decked out pvp divine priest is. It is impossible for an elemental warrior to kill without critting 4 times in a row. But that's not really likely against 36% crit dodge. :rolleyes:

And I'm speaking from experience fyi.
    4 crits is excessive, 1of my crits out of priest bubble is enuf to get the priest ur thinking of to use the sht heal. Two crits in a row is like instadeath. Regarding the guy doin the 36% base crit, that means ur squishy as hell even if u got high resis, just saying. But in a pve server u don't really have an entire guild jumping on u in battle so mayb it' is ok
  • im2gr84u
    edited June 2012
    mrjuu wrote: »
    4 crits is excessive, 1of my crits out of priest bubble is enuf to get the priest ur thinking of to use the sht heal. Two crits in a row is like instadeath. Regarding the guy doin the 36% base crit, that means ur squishy as hell even if u got high resis, just saying. But in a pve server u don't really have an entire guild jumping on u in battle so mayb it' is ok

So a priest has what 3% dodge base rate? 15% with IV gems and necklace, 22% arena set, 28% losing grip III and the rest ids on purple gear rings or w/e and some crafted gear 2% crit dodge? I'm sure for such thing it loses Heal effect. Everything has its downsides, and there's no crazy thing in Storm Server.

• Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm a mage, without Nyos/Dyos I have 30% crit dodge buffed, 33% with Nyos Stamina. Necklace is Mana, Offhand is mana. No crit dodge there. Rings are 1% crit dodge each (purple ring with ID) and of course I have the new arena set (7% cause your example is 6%) with couple crit dodge IDs.
    mrjuu wrote: »
    4 crits is excessive, 1of my crits out of priest bubble is enuf to get the priest ur thinking of to use the sht heal. Two crits in a row is like instadeath.
    How is it insta-death if you do 22k crits (or less) against 60k hp? LoH heals over time as well. Kiyo isn't a good target practice for your example because her wind resist is low. Not fair if you think of her as a decked out priest. Try kill xJeMzx without a crit stun I assure you won't make it.
  • Solearain - Lionheart
    Solearain - Lionheart Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    im2gr84u wrote: »

Selearain, I don't know why you even try go for DoB runes, it's a fail build, assault glitchs a lot, specially when targets are moving. As for Elemental CoW AoS full runes thats about it, and SoW runes if they really exist, BoR and Thunder Struck. Guard Break Weapon Sabotage, both useless. I'm still curious how you got that acc and crit dmg. you need like 11 crit dmg id's for 400+ and tok set bonus.

I don't use the DoB for valiant sortie though. I use it for the extra bash damage + ensnare against kiters. As far as crit/acc goes. The old GoS set 3 piece gives the 40 acc bonus + the one from the gloves then the 3 piece ToK gives another 30. I've got dual acc on 2 fashion pieces roughly 10 acc each total and some single acc on the hat/pants along with mostly crit+acc IDs on all gear then add precision 2 from pet plus EE gem light and maxing out acc from dyos. That pretty much gets you up to 600+ acc easily. As far as crit goes I've got nearly 7% IDs on all gear plus I'm wearing the 7% arena boots with SS IVs + the 30% crit damage from Sanctuary of War

Also what I like about te gaurd break rune is that it stacks on top of the -4 crit dodge on assault, making it -6% and to not have a CD for it with DU I can just spam that and crit all day
  • im2gr84u
    edited June 2012
    I don't use the DoB for valiant sortie though. I use it for the extra bash damage + ensnare against kiters. As far as crit/acc goes. The old GoS set 3 piece gives the 40 acc bonus + the one from the gloves then the 3 piece ToK gives another 30. I've got dual acc on 2 fashion pieces roughly 10 acc each total and some single acc on the hat/pants along with mostly crit+acc IDs on all gear then add precision 2 from pet plus EE gem light and maxing out acc from dyos. That pretty much gets you up to 600+ acc easily. As far as crit goes I've got nearly 7% IDs on all gear plus I'm wearing the 7% arena boots with SS IVs + the 30% crit damage from Sanctuary of War

Also what I like about te gaurd break rune is that it stacks on top of the -4 crit dodge on assault, making it -6% and to not have a CD for it with DU I can just spam that and crit all day

Right I forgot how arena boots and hands give critical damage as well. Anyway later when more talents appear I'm sure you'll want to trash guard break, if you can get a DU with 30s+ and 40%critical dmg and over 6kdef why not?

• mrjuu
    mrjuu Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm a mage, without Nyos/Dyos I have 30% crit dodge buffed, 33% with Nyos Stamina. Necklace is Mana, Offhand is mana. No crit dodge there. Rings are 1% crit dodge each (purple ring with ID) and of course I have the new arena set (7% cause your example is 6%) with couple crit dodge IDs.

How is it insta-death if you do 22k crits (or less) against 60k hp? LoH heals over time as well. Kiyo isn't a good target practice for your example because her wind resist is low. Not fair if you think of her as a decked out priest. Try kill xJeMzx without a crit stun I assure you won't make it.

i wasnt referring to kiyo(no offense). TS/LS hits twice, even if only 1 hit is crit, its 22k+11k regular hit, and if its TS, then ur down 33k hp + ur stunned. if i double crit,assuming the target is at full health, ur still down at least 44K hp + stunned for 3-4 sec.

the double crit may not outright kill u, but u can put ur money on the fact that im not gonna stand there next to u and call it a day after i land a double crit and stun u.

Also, if im critting 22k regular, id probably hit close to 30k with some DU stacks up, my combat rampage is 4/3.

And yes, it is unlikely for me to be able to kill a decked out priest without a crit, never said i could tho :)
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    just wondering having such high crit chance, what is his crit dmg % and acc ?
  • im2gr84u
    edited June 2012
    just wondering having such high crit chance, what is his crit dmg % and acc ?

Don't really know, but from his gear I'd say 550ish acc unbuffed or less and about 380+ critical dmg.

• plusonecharisma
    plusonecharisma Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    OK, I read this whole thread and it appears that everyone is custom tailoring their DPS claims to fit a best case scenario.

As previously stated DPS = damage per second. Lots of arguments can be made for this class or this build if you use a short time frame to bolster your DPS claims.

I think if you all take the time to do the math and lay out an atk rotation that covers a full 2 minutes with avg atk and then use your crit chance and crit damage modifiers to adjust the totals and then divide the whole total by 120(2 minutes = 120 seconds) you might be surprised by your actual DPS.

Im a lvl 80 MM built for max DPS/AoE and without taking into acct DoTs I avg 14.8K/sec with only a base atk of 4800 and this holds true for any period of time you want to specify from 90s to an hour.

Also this is without adding in the additional damage that using hunter's mark would bring (approx 11%, 9.4% from resistance decrease and rest from defense and evasion reduction.)
    FYI, I full maxed Precision MM's Hunter's mark should be allowing for a 18-19.5% additional damage, but Prec MMs are b0ring.)

Additional notes: DoT for MM has been nerfed and mine scales from 768/s for 5s to 584 to 389 as it stacks with a max of 5 stacks. Current crit dmg is far from max at only 312% Same for crit chance at 21%. I tested against lvl 80 mobs.

If you wanna argue DPS, do the math, the right kinda math and show me who is better. I know there are class builds which are but most of you dont have a clue what your doing DPS-wise.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    Meh maybe I bother doing that math but I think it's way too complicated :p

Also an edge sin's DPS grows tremendously if you crit under Vicious Intention, how will that calculate, simply assume a crit? (because more often than not, you land a crit in those 3 hits under VI)

Although your 14.8k seems a bit low, I didn't do my maths but I sometimes crit up to 100-120k with intensified aggression on (and this is on ToK bosses not something low level)

EDIT: nvm I think those are with wind bard buffs, I still remember around 95k on Throat Seal without though D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ysar1390_1367069998
    ysar1390_1367069998 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Mage and Marksman are the top dps, as raw as it can be.
    [SIGPIC]It's gone, it didn't do too well[/SIGPIC]

The Nova Pack - it didn't do too well, it's gone.
  • Idolon - Storm Legion
    Idolon - Storm Legion Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mm does not have top dps, they might do alot of damage in one hit, but it takes time to do that.

sin, war and mage are probably the best dps here, you will almost never see an mm tank anything.
    Trak
    81 Venom Sin
    pvp venom since beta
  • leviathal
    leviathal Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    XD MM's are the highest dps over all of the classes...Common sense from playing a similar mmo for a few years.Highest dps output for the 4 listed goes like this.

1.Mage:for having strong aoe and quick cd's,just over all a dps/aggro hog.
    2.Assassins:for their out right raw dps power house attacks/dot's...plain and simple.
    3.well for this game MM (would be hunter):for their aoe range/cc/debuffs.
    4.Warrior: only because their attacks take so long to hit the target,while others already got a few hits landed/have dot's set.They are good for dpsing,but mainly just another class to be played as either a off tank or tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.-Horace
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sins definately do most dps, with VI on edge build i'm able to deal 320k on bosses wich are debuffed by multiple partys. Also i never saw anybody outdps me on my own server (sometimes at koubo with all the stuns and silences). But even without the debuffs from multiple partys it's easy to deal 250k on ToK bosses with dark nightmare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inzho - Eyrda
    Inzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    leviathal wrote: »
    XD MM's are the highest dps over all of the classes...Common sense from playing a similar mmo for a few years.Highest dps output for the 4 listed goes like this.

1.Mage:for having strong aoe and quick cd's,just over all a dps/aggro hog.
    2.Assassins:for their out right raw dps power house attacks/dot's...plain and simple.
    3.well for this game MM (would be hunter):for their aoe range/cc/debuffs.
    4.Warrior: only because their attacks take so long to hit the target,while others already got a few hits landed/have dot's set.They are good for dpsing,but mainly just another class to be played as either a off tank or tank.

Are you guys in denial? MMs ARE NOT the highest dps class in this game. Not even close!
  • leviathal
    leviathal Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Are you guys in denial? MMs ARE NOT the highest dps class in this game. Not even close!

You either must not have read my post carefully before quoting me or you rushed through it.I stated that they are not the highest dps class.Read before you post,most times it helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.-Horace
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    The thing is MMs aren't even close to top DPS, they're one of the bottom lol

Only prots and priests have lower DPS.

Sins, Warriors, Mages and Vamps blow them up in DPS competition, regardless of what tree MM picks. Bards if specced into wind and full damage also out DPS them.

So, it's not that they're not the best, but they're one of the worst. Unless you mean AoE damage >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sugarboy - Eyrda
    Sugarboy - Eyrda Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sins definately do most dps, with VI on edge build i'm able to deal 320k on bosses wich are debuffed by multiple partys. Also i never saw anybody outdps me on my own server (sometimes at koubo with all the stuns and silences). But even without the debuffs from multiple partys it's easy to deal 250k on ToK bosses with dark nightmare.

lol what? either you found a way to put more than 1 ragefire n shattershard gem in each piece of gear or you accidentally added a '0' to those numbers. However if the latter is true, then that really wouldnt be something worth mentioning. So my question is.......lol what?
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited June 2012
    i'll post a screenshot next twin emperors ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited June 2012
    lol what? either you found a way to put more than 1 ragefire n shattershard gem in each piece of gear or you accidentally added a '0' to those numbers. However if the latter is true, then that really wouldnt be something worth mentioning. So my question is.......lol what?

Since you will prolly think i photoshop an image by wednesday.. this is at this very moment botting at goblins. with weak bloodlust dp and wind bard. No gemlights weird buffs or anything. Next ss coming wednesday..
    nn3ygy.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    I don't see damage done with that SS 0.o and stats are not overpowered considering you have wind bard buff and warr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sugarboy - Eyrda
    Sugarboy - Eyrda Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't see damage done with that SS 0.o and stats are not overpowered considering you have wind bard buff and warr.

i guess over powered could be considered relative :confused: but if i'm not mistaken i see a 66k crit just behind the character bar by the crit dodge stat, but i dont think that that's what VelvetStrike is trying to show us here. Looking forward to seeing those numbers you spoke about :)
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    The thing is, he said he can do easily 250k on ToK bosses with "edge build VI" and Dark Nightmare... what?

Why wait for twin emperors when you can run ToK any day? Also "massive debuffs" don't prove anything considering it's not all your DPS alone (but rather others supporting you also)

Dark Nightmare comment is still way out of place, are you venom? But then you said edge build VI, does that mean with another edge sin debuffing the boss with intensified aggression?

I can imagine DN as venom doing 250k with full agony and blast orbs, and an edge sin debuff on boss, but once again that's not your DPS alone but rather with support from others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited June 2012
    m8oco3.jpg
    as you see edge/dark build and a light bard (check the buff next to courage for proof).
    245k in the dmg chat, enjoy :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    That's FP kluer kinda low level and gets a bit of increased damage on it though :p

But I am still confused why are you even using Dark Nightmare as a damage test as edge sin? You pumped up your dark mastery as I see but, you're still using physical OH right? What's your Throat Seal crit? And why are you using Dark Nightmare and not Nightmare Termination with full agony/blast orbs for damage test o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited June 2012
    instance mobs and immune to controlling effect mobs dont get added damage for first. for second, my dark nightmare htis alot higher and my throat seal reaches like 150k with same party set-up. i did AS hm right after and hitted even higher with 2 stacks of debuff but i alrdy posted this screen so didnt wanna overkill it.. I'll make a screenshot for you of twins in 30 mins but for me dark nightmare hits around 25% more than NT wich is also profitable for pvp sicne it silences aswell. another pro from this build is with runes i got ToP the same damage as throat seal and wwith 9% more crit chance and 0.5s CD. so i can basicly spam all orbs before dark nightmare is done with it's cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    instance mobs and immune to controlling effect mobs dont get added damage for first.
    What? :confused: